• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@WolfOfEve: Even Koko the gorilla was incapable of conversation. I don't know of any instance of an animal doing so. The language barrier is simply too strong. Imagine a race of aliens that speak in a manner so strange our vocal cords can't physically imitate them properly. Now try imagining to learn that language through a foreign language based off of rhythmic dance moves with absolutely no translators, and this is also the largest language you've ever heard of, dwarfing any human language easily. All you've got is one of the aliens for a trainer.

It's just a hilariously daunting task, to an extreme even.

But yeah.

@SSJ3 Pikachu: Pryce is in fact open~ Glad you asked! Also, the minimum length of posts is currently 100 words. That's a Roleplay Corner wide rule, so.

@ShinyDiamond: Uh... o3o

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Curse my having to follow on to saying a full RP day ago that Nika needed supplies. Curse it!

Dawn

Years
In my most recent post, I made a point of mentioning that Valorie's Haxorus just roared during a heated battle, and that a good deal of the nearby school would be able to hear it. That's basically an open ended invitation for those that might want to encounter Valorie to find the excuse.

...That or teachers hoping to break up a fight in the halls, since that's hilariously against the rules ever since Calnith LOLHYPERBEAM'd the academy's pokemon center.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
In my most recent post, I made a point of mentioning that Valorie's Haxorus just roared during a heated battle, and that a good deal of the nearby school would be able to hear it. That's basically an open ended invitation for those that might want to encounter Valorie to find the excuse.

...That or teachers hoping to break up a fight in the halls, since that's hilariously against the rules ever since Calnith LOLHYPERBEAM'd the academy's pokemon center.

A Pokemon Center was Hyper Beamed & where was I? xD I'll go look at your post & Wolf's too!

EDIT: @Yellow: -.- Read my last post.

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
@The Gardevoir Lord: Yes of course. You may begin filling out your app as soon as you're ready. I look forward to seeing it.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
I was going to have Nika go investigate Valorie's battle, but it seems Greiger and Mega beat me to it. To town she shall go.

The Gardevoir Lord

The Gardevoir Lord
Years
Name: Cole Griffin

Nickname: The Gardevoir Lord

Sex: Male

Dorm: Raikou Dorm

Appearance: Dark Brown shaggy hair, Dark green eyes, Long brown side burns, Lime green raggy shirt untucked, Blue dirt stained jeans untucked over his black leather work boots, Black wrist length work gloves, And a ring on his ring finger.

Personality: On first glance cole looks like he wants to be left alone with a face that says "Get away from me" obviously is a person that most people would avoid. But actually hes very friendly he will open doors for people, Help pokemon out of traps set by team rocket, And volunteer to help out at the pokecenter...but only when you get to know him for he is terrible at socializing with people becuase for most of his life he lived in a lab with his parents and rarely saw anyone else. But the pokemon his parents or the rare visits made by their boss and head of team rocket giovanni. So becuase
of the rare amount of socializing he is shy and doesnt make direct eye contact with anyone he meets. Usually when anyone talks to him for the first time he will either ignore the person or reply with a simple "Oh..hey" or just wave his hand.

History: Raised by his parents who both worked for team rocket cole saw first hand as to what they have done to the pokemon that left him horrified all of his life. It wasnt until he was 16 years old that he thought that enough was enough one night while his parents were being sculded by their boss giovanni. He let most of the pokemon out of there cages letting them escape. Except for one pokemon which he kept for himself a ralts that was bruised up to it's neck. So he took the ralts with him and escaped from the facility leaving his parents forever. While running he came across the viridian forest where he decided to make camp at for a few months. While camping there many more gardevoir,kirlias and ralts started to visit either because of his ralts or because the eroma of his food cooking. What ever the case was they always visited him frequently and would even sleep in his tent. Because of the little space he got he bought at least 50 tents from the local town just a few miles from the viridian forest. Which he set up for the gardevoirs and kirlias to sleep in. As the gardevoirs came and went quite a few of them followed him into town when he was getting supplies earning him the nickname "The Gardevoir Lord" a name that he personally didn't like because he didn't find himself a lord of anything. As the months passed he started to bond with the gardevoirs, kirlias etc but with the gardevoirs especially as they always seemed to follow him everywhere
and were always trying to get in his tent. Rumors quickly started to emerge when a trainer who was training his beedrill in the viridian forest saw cole kissing a gardevoir on the cheek. Quickly he was acused of having relations with the gardevoir however no hard evidence can prove this other than the fact that he was wearing what seemed like a wedding ring and occasionaly holding the gardevoirs hand. But cole never let these rumors get to him either because it wasnt true or he just didn't care. One day while walking into town to get supplies the clerk at the pokemart suggested that he got to the pokemon trainer academy so he can become a real trainer. At first cole refused thinking that it would just spread more rumors up but with a little time to think he decided that it seemed like a good idea to help train his ralts and hopefully evolve her.

Species: Ralts

Nickname: None

Personality: Very clingy to her master and very loyal she also is shy around other pokemon and rarely looks at other humans besides her master.

Lvl: 15

Moves:
Growl
Confusion
Double Team
Heal Pulse
Dream Eater

Species: Ponyta

Personality: Stubborn and headstrong he rarely listens to his master.

lvl: 15

Moves:
Growl
Tackle
Tail whip
Fire blast
Ember
Fire wheel

Species: Misdreavus

Personality: A very protective and does not trust other people as she thinks that they might cause harm to her master.

Moves:
Growl
Psywave
Astonish
Confuse ray
Hex

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2016
Oh, okay sorry. I was just pulling stuff out of my backside there. I was in a rush to get to a doctor's appointment, so I, shall we say, "made up a few things." I'll try again:

Name (First, Middle-optional and Last): Cody Spirit

Nickname (Optional): N/A

Age (10-15): 15

Sex (Male or Female): Male

Dorm (Raikou Dorm, Entei Dorm or Suicune Dorm): Raikou Dorm

Appearance (A picture can be provided instead of a description if you so wish):

Brown hair with Blonde highlights, Red cap w/ Blue Poke Ball logo, Blue T-shirt w/ Red collar on shirt, denim jeans, Red/White/Gray running shoes, Red single strap backpack.

Personality (How does your character act and react to others? Their mental state? Flaws and/or personal weaknesses?): 5 lines minimum

Cody tries his best to act as normal as possible around others, but when a battle is mentioned, he's about as childish as Ash Ketchum. As for reactions to others, depends on the situation. If you tease, bully, or just get down right annoying, watch out, cause he WILL lash out at you. But after he realizes what he did, he'll apologize for his actions. Cody has constant flashbacks in his mind about his days in the orphanage(see history), and about the friends he made there. His personal weaknesses are as follows; 1. Will come to the rescue of ANY friend, even if it's a trap. 2. FOOD!!! 3. Worries about his Pokemon too much. 4. Any mention of the name Tia Carter will bring him to tears.

History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What have the been doing before this? Any noteworthy events? What brought them to the academy?): 10 lines minimum

Cody grew up in an orphanage just outside of Ecruteak City in Johto. Cody grew up alongside many other orphans, but most noted were the orphans Tia Carter and Rick Litch, along with a baby Eevee. Tia was Cody's first crush, and he kept it a secret, until it was time for Cody, Tia and Rick to leave the orphanage. He then proceeded to tell her that he had a crush on her and asked to be her boyfriend, but she declined, saying she wasn't ready for a boyfriend at the time. When they went their different ways, Cody became a loner. Cody then went back to the orphanage to relive past memories, instead found himself defending the very same baby Eevee from a group of Growlithe. After defending the Eevee, Cody nursed it back to health, and the Eevee was so grateful, that it became his partner. Ever since then, Cody has been traveling around Johto, making money off of his art skills. Even though his artworks were phenominal(not sure if I spelled that right, lol), he barely had a penny to his name. Cody then overheard a couple of trainers talking about the academy, and then he realized his dream; to become a Pokemon master. So Cody then began trying to sell more art than he'd ever done before, trying to get as much money as possible to get a flight to the academy. Cody also has had a few run-ins with the imfamous Team Rocket, but has beaten them every time. Cody has also seen his share of frightning encounters, such as being almost struck by a thunder attack, almost hit by a poison sting attack, so I guess you could say that he's outsmarted death a couple times, too.

Pokémon (Maximum of 3. No legendaries, 'shiny' or stage 3 pokémon. Oddly colored but not specifically 'shiny' pokemon are allowed, however.): Eevee
Species: Evolution Pokemon
Nickname(Optional): Cassie
Personality (Can be as short or long as you want, but cannot be excessively vague): Cassie is a very kind Eevee, but when battling against a Growlithe or Arcanine, Cassie gets a flashback to the battle between the Growlithe at the orphanage, and she will cower in fear. Cassie also has a slight scar on her right cheek and right ear from that battle. Her fur colorings are Light Brown for the most of her fur, Light Red fur around the neck and at the tip of the tail. Her eyes are a Light Amber, and every so often, you can see them sparkle, as if they were metallic.
Lvl(Max 25): 17
Moves(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed): Swift, Shadow Ball, Protect, Dig, Return

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Just to let anyone know, Charlie just left his office, and is on his way to check out whatever caused the roar, so if anyone wants to interact with him it will ahve to be in the hallways for the time being.

Dawn

Years
@The Gardevoir Lord: Alright. We've looked your SU over and one thing sticks out. The personality and history sections are a tad short. Could you add more information to each so that we can get a better feel for your character?

@Cody Spirit: ...Your character has apparently fought Team Rocket more often than an overwhelming majority of the population for... unknown reasons. Regardless, he's approved.

Dawn

Years
@The Gardevoir Lord: ... And then all I could think about was Michael Morningstar from Ben 10. Anyway... Your history leads us to believe some very unnerving things about Cole and his gardevoir. I hope that's intentional... (Because if you're not trying it means you don't have control and that could cause unintentional squick which could get you into trouble down the road.)

Regardless, I suppose this checks out... You're approved. Please keep in mind what I said about control when dealing with dangerous subjects. Some of the implications in your SU worry me, and I'd much prefer to avoid a problem.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Well, we got many people going to Valorie. Kilik (Me), Ruby, Mark, Lucia, Eric (Whoever he is), Jimmy, & Alice made it to Valorie & Kiyoko. That leaves Charlie. Should someone keep track of this? Probably not. :P I still didn't expect this many people at one spot.

Please read my post Yellow & Wolf, so you don't forget about Kilik! :)

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
@ShinyDiamond Eric is actually Lucia's older brother. He came down for the Thanksgiving holiday as a surprise to Lucia since her parents couldn't make it.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Well, we got many people going to Valorie. Kilik (Me), Ruby, Mark, Lucia, Eric (Whoever he is), Jimmy, & Alice made it to Valorie & Kiyoko. That leaves Charlie. Should someone keep track of this? Probably not. :P I still didn't expect this many people at one spot.

Please read my post Yellow & Wolf, so you don't forget about Kilik! :)

Don't worry, I'm not forgetting Killik and Co. I don't really have any reason to make a kiyoko post quite yet. Also, Charlie actually skipped past the battle to aid Aaron.

Yellow, I hope the battle won't last /too/ long.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Hey guys, just posting to say that I don't plan on leaving this roleplay anytime soon! I'm just too busy with GTX and other stuff. I'll be back on Sunday or Monday at the latest to post. :D

Dawn

Years
No problems guys. Just... trying to deal with stuff and get some other posting done. You aughta know by now that I tend not to trag battles out with godmoddy defenses, WolfOfEve. ;O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back