• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Username Letter Challenge V3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I've been meaning to try a challenge to get some use out of my old Sapphire cartridge, so this seems like a simple enough one to start on.

Username: Brendino
Game: Sapphire
Team: Blaziken, Rhydon, Electrode, Ninjask, Dodrio, Illumise

Using a physical copy might limit me a bit on some of the Pokemon I can find (can't hack Pokemon in), but a little bit of an extra challenge can never hurt.

Years
UPDATE #1:
Spoiler:

Never realized how limited Nincada's movepool is, but hopefully it'll be more effective once I can evolve it.

---

UPDATE #2:
Spoiler:

Hopefully by the time I get back to Mauville, Nijax will've forgotten Cut at the Day Care, now that I've decided to use an HM Slave moving forward

Last edited:

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
Years
Update 1

Just a quick update for my progress. I named myself James and my rival, Gary. I chose Bulbasaur as my starter and it looks like Bulbasaur is going to be my only Pokemon for a while, since... Vulpix, I think, is the first Pokemon that's part of my team I can grab. I hope that's alright. Meanwhile, I'm currently grinding Bulbasaur so I can get through Viridian Forest. Whelp, I think that's it for this update.

Team

Bulbasaur(m) Lv9

-

Call me Dash.
Years
Well, it looks like a nice challenge, but what about my name...?

-

Call me Dash.
Years
xD Yeah I figured I'd go with Toxicshadow, because Dash is only 4 letters. And 'hyphen' isnt very interesting...

Years
I'll give this a try! :D

Username: Jbsundown
Game(s): Fire Red
Team(s):
Jynx
124.gif

Blastoise
009.gif

Snorlax
Snorlax_BW.gif

Umbreon
CRI.gif

Ninetales
ninetails_gif_by_lol_tee_heedb-d41yych.gif

Dragonite
149.gif

It looks like I'm going to have to hack in Umbreon which is a shame. I will not do so until I get the Eevee in Celadon and get him to at least level 35.
I will also have to hack in Ninetales, I will hack it in (as a Vulpix) at level 2 in Route 1 and use him from there! :)

Last edited:

Xaldin

Big things come in Nice packages.
Years
This one looks interesting,I'll do it after the monotype run :D
Game:Prestigious Platinum
L -Lumineon
I -Infernape
T -Tyranitar
E - Espeon
S -Sceptile
A -Altaria

This run and this team is gonna ROCK!

Xaldin

Years
Thanks,I think so too.the only main issue is that half the team is weak to bug,but that can be managed accordingly. :p

Xaldin

Years
Update #1
Spoiler:

I'll be switching between this challenge and another one,so I won't get bored :p

Years
Well, I think I should update also!

Badges Obtained:
Spoiler:

Current Team:
Spoiler:

Current place:
Pokemon-FireRed_07_zpsec0c1ea2.png

Currently about to take on the Elite 4 and Blue.

Note: I would have updated sooner, but having no internet for the past 3 days I have just been playing this pretty much straight! So I have made quite a bit of progress.

I've got a question, does the challenge end once I have beat the E4 the first time. Or does it end once I have beaten them the second round after going through the sevii isles? :)

EDIT
Beat the Elite 4:
Spoiler:

HoFend_zpsc2185e0f.png

Last edited:

Xaldin

Years
Update #2:
Spoiler:

Team
Spoiler:

Half way through the challenge and the hack,but it only gets harder from there...

Xaldin

Years
CHALLENGE COMPLETE!
Spoiler:

The Hall of Famers!
Spoiler:

Thank you LilJz1234 for the Challenge,and thank you Suicune for making the hack.Had a lot of fun seeing the variety of teams on the leaders and E4! ;D

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 4, 2022
Wow, I really haven't been having much time for this challenge, but here's my small update:

Update #5​
Spoiler:

Current team
Spoiler:

Years
Couldn't find my DS charger for nearly two weeks, but it finally turned up, so I'm back at it again.

UPDATE #3:
Spoiler:

Haven't gotten all that much further ahead, but I wanted to at least get a little bit out of the way after not playing for a while. Next stop is to try and earn enough coins for some TMs at the Game Corner. Hooray for gambling!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back