• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Stewardship Challenge

Tek

Years
An idea for a challenge came about from my friend and I discussing Pokémon. He pointed out that, as trainers, we beat wild Pokémon into unconsciousness, and then walk away. Not only would the Pokémon (like Caterpie) be defenseless against predators (like Pidgey), but any aquatic Pokémon would likely drown. Imagine all the dead Psyduck floating in Ilex Forest

Now don't worry, I'm not on an anti-Pokémon crusade here. But it got me thinking.

Thus I present the Stewardship Challenge:

1- You may not faint wild Pokémon, except where neccesary for story progression (forced battles that you can't run from).

2- You may not inflict wild Pokémon with burn, poison, or curse. You may inflict wild Pokémon with sleep, freeze, or paralysis if you are attempting a capture and you have some Poké Balls with you.

This challenge is intended for X/Y, due to the new Capture Exp, but feel free to sign up with whatever game you like.

There are two difficulty levels: Ranked and Ace.

In Ranked mode, you begin with 100 points. You lose one point for each wild Pokémon you KO. A point is also lost for inflicting burn, poison, or curse.

Your final score is based on points remaining: 95-100 points is an A; 85-94 points is a B; 75-84 points is a C; 50-74 points is a D; 1-49 points is an E; 0 points is an F.

In Ace mode, you start with six points instead. A final score of 1-6 gets you an S rank; 0 or less is an F.

Tek's sign-up
Game: Y
Mode: Ranked

Challengers:

- Tek/Y/Ranked
- CDChaser/SS/Ace
- MegaMawile/Omicron/Ranked

Last edited:

Tek

Years
Update

KOs: 5
Total Points Lost: 6
Pokémon Caught: 22
Failed Captures: 0
Badges: 1

Damage report: I accidentally Burned a Bunnelby, which immediately fainted. KO'd a Weedle from spamming the attack button. Unlucky crit on a Pikachu. There was more that I don't really remember.

Current Team:

Lucy the Fennekin
Lax Female Lv 15
Scratch - Flame Charge - Ember - Howl

Pikachu
Lonely Female Lv 11
Quick Attack - Thunder Shock - Growl - Play Nice

Fletchling
Jolly Male Lv 5
Tackle - Growl

✎ BlueFoxCreations

Developing Pokémon Alibi
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 26, 2017
Game: Soulsilver
Mode: Ace

This is gonna be hard, especially since there is only a limited amount of trainers to beat for xp. I think I might go with a grass type theme, like I'm a 'healer'

Tek

Years
Game: Soulsilver
Mode: Ace

This is gonna be hard, especially since there is only a limited amount of trainers to beat for xp. I think I might go with a grass type theme, like I'm a 'healer'

It will be very hard without Capture Exp and the new Exp Share, but you're welcome to try! I like the nature-y theme.

Update

KOs: 5
Total Points: 6
Pokemon Caught: 48
Failed Captures: 4

Current Team:

Lucy the Fennekin
Lax Female Lv 19
Scratch - Flame Charge - Psybeam - Ember

Pikachu
Lonely Female Lv 16
Quick Attack - Thunder Shock - Thunder Wave - Play Nice

Ril-chan the Azurill
Bold Female Lv 13
Bubble - Bubblebeam - Charm - Water Sport

Zigzagoon
Hasty Female Lv 9
Growl - Tackle Tail Whip - Headbutt

Ledyba
Gentle Female Lv 12
Tackle - Supersonic - Comet Punch

Azurill is quite helpful. Its low offense and high defense help me to avoid KOs. I like Ledyba for the same reason, but she will be replaced with Nincada soon, because False Swipe. Zigzagoon is with me because of Pickup, and it may end up carrying Strength and Rock Smash.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
This looks like a fun challenge. I hate even battling wild Pokémon anyway.

Game: Omicron

Um a couple of suggestions, I would probably remove the X/Y tag on the thread, since it's clearly applicable to most games. Also, Repels are allowed, right? I would assume so, since the whole gist of this challenge is to avoid confronting wild Pokémon in the first place. Also, you said nothing about it in the OP, so...

I'll update/play when I can! :)

EDIT: When I said Zeta, I meant Omicron. If you don't know what those are, they're fan-made games on RPG Maker with its own plot line and region.

Last edited:

Tek

Years
This looks like a fun challenge. I hate even battling wild Pokémon anyway.

Game: Omicron

Um a couple of suggestions, I would probably remove the X/Y tag on the thread, since it's clearly applicable to most games. Also, Repels are allowed, right? I would assume so, since the whole gist of this challenge is to avoid confronting wild Pokémon in the first place. Also, you said nothing about it in the OP, so...

I'll update/play when I can! :)

EDIT: When I said Zeta, I meant Omicron. If you don't know what those are, they're fan-made games on RPG Maker with its own plot line and region.

I never considered avoiding wild battles entirely. I sort of assumed that the Exp from those battles would be neccesary to beat the game. Heh, prove me wrong and I'll remove the tag!

But yeah, the only rule is not to KO, Burn, Poison, or Curse wild Pokémon.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I never considered avoiding wild battles entirely. I sort of assumed that the Exp from those battles would be neccesary to beat the game. Heh, prove me wrong and I'll remove the tag!

Ah! I see. The point is to rely on EXP from CATCHING POKEMON! It's so genius I didn't even realize! This is actually really friggin cool man! I now understand the XY tag. You might want to make that more obvious in the OP. But honestly, even with that it doesn't really NEED to be XY only, but I certainly understand why it might remain that way. It's entirely your decision.

Tek

Years
Ah! I see. The point is to rely on EXP from CATCHING POKEMON! It's so genius I didn't even realize! This is actually really friggin cool man! I now understand the XY tag. You might want to make that more obvious in the OP. But honestly, even with that it doesn't really NEED to be XY only, but I certainly understand why it might remain that way. It's entirely your decision.

Thanks for the praise! I've updated the first post; anyone can sign up but the challenge is really meant for xy. Should I remove the tag?

Also update.

KOs: 6
Total Points: 7
Pokemon Caught: 63
Critical Captures: 1
Failed Captures: 9

Current Team:

Lucy the Fennekin
Lax Female Lv 26
Scratch - Flame Charge - Psybeam - Ember

Mika the Pikachu
Lonely Female Lv 24
Quick Attack - Thunder Shock - Thunder Wave - Double Team

Ril-chan the Azumarill
Bold Female Lv 24
Bubble - Bubblebeam - Charm - Double Edge

Lady Bé the Ledian
Gentle Female Lv 21
Light Screen - Reflect - Safeguard - Mach Punch

Sid the Nincada
Adamant Male Lv 12
False Swipe - Hone Claws - Leech Life - Sand Attack

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Should I remove the tag?
That's entirely up to you. If you want to remove it you can do so by using Thread Tools > Edit Thread at the top of the OP. If that isn't there and you want it removed I can do it.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021

Aha! I see... Alright, well I've actually been playing the game on a normal run right now so I'm not doing blind challenges from here. I've actually hated the wild Pokemon encounters; the only instance in which I've used them was this one time in the Secret Base of the game to grind Pokemon up from 10 to 30. This game has some pretty unique features, which make practically impossible things like trading and such in this game easier. Also, I'm adding another limitation: I can't use more than a week of play time, to decrease my window to grind. I'll get started on it probably tomorrow!

Tek

Years
Well, I'm eight badges in. Here's the stats:

KOs: 11
Total Points: 12
Pokemon Caught: 105
Critical Captures: 4
Failed Captures: 38
Badges: 8

Thanks to the exp share, I was able to rely only on battles for XP after my fourth badge or so. In other words, I stopped catching stuff about halfway through. I will probably finish up soon.

This could have been much more difficult if I had turned the exp share off, and had not used any banked Pokémon.

Tek

Years
I never did go back and catch more stuff, so my final rank is a 'B'. Not too shabby hehe.

I probably won't run this again anytime soon, so it's up to y'all to keep it alive if you like it :]

Back