• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Chronicles of the Apocalypse

SoughtParadox

Keeper of the Chronicles
Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2014
Hey, im miffie.

I have been thinking alot about what type of game I want to create and i have drawn alot of maps and characters but today (after months of planning) I am starting to actually create this game.

It is called chronicles of the apocalypse and is the story about Team Realm and its spreading of the "Evil". You are one of two agents recruted to travel the region and defeat the evil and restore light. The starting pokemon are espeon, umbreon and tyrogue (but, if a good sprite editor comes foward, new pokemon). The game will be alot longer then the official pokemon games (i estimate 50 hours to complete the story). The gyms are going to be more rewarding then just a badge. The gyms will be more difficult and will take alot longer to get to them, before the first gym (which will be dark) there will be approximately 5 towns and your pokemon should be around lv 20.

I am writing this because I know that with the size of this project I need help. I need scripters, sprite/tile creators, map designers and much more. so I will greatly appreciate it if you could (if your interested in helping) tell me what your skills are and what your ideas are. Any help will be credited in game.

Thanks for the help
Miffie
Contact me at [email protected]
UPDATE!- At some points in the game you will be disguised as a team realm grunt or admin as you will need to infiltrate their headquaters.

Also some characters from the series will make a reapearance one of them (i will not tell all of them) is Gold (the protagonist from the metal games) and Wally.

More updates soon.

Second update today- well...its not really an update more of a question...
I have many different programs to use but im wondering which one is the best to use.
Can you give your opinions on what programs you need to make a good game??

Cheers

i have just finished the first village you come across in the game, its called the headquaters. It is where you recieve your first pokemon and get a brief on team realm. also the male protagonist costume (just clothes edit, will change arms).

here are the pics

Last edited:

SoughtParadox

Keeper of the Chronicles
Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2014
large update

i have been working all day building the start of this game, and to explain the story in more detail, this is what happens during the beginning of the game.

the game starts of like any other pokemon game, you are introuduced to the leading research in the region, you meet Head Agent Yew who explains that the world has become unstable because Team Realm and there plans to create a new, evil, world on the ashes of our world. the reason Yew has decieded to meet you (bad pun) is because you have been hired as one half of a team that will travel the region and destroy Team Realm. Yew then tells you to meet at the northen road.

When the game starts, you are in your house but once you leave you find yourself in the headquaters of the light. just like you promised Yew, you go to the northen road and he takes you into his laboratory, where you are briefed on the situation (the first gym has been taken over by the rougue Realm member called Diablo who specializes in the ghost type. you are then given your starter pokemon espeon, umbreon and tyrogue (tyrogue is the choice if you want a difficult game). and you are sent to the next town to pick up two pokedex so you can mark which pokemon have been imported by team realm...

New features.

over 50 locations (not including routes),
routes are alot bigger then official pokemon games,
pshycic, dark, fighting type starters,
old faces add a twist to the story,
10 gyms plus many Realm recruitment centres,
you get to go undercover in some Realm institutes to lower suspicion
and many more

please comment, post your ideas or offer help.

i really need,
Spriters
Mappers

if you want to help please comment...

i will upload a video within the hour of the beginning of the game.

UPDATE- this project may be on hold as my fire red rom crashed and deleted most of my work...
need to find a good rom to use...

the rom has been fixed...its all good...

UPDATE - i have had permission from zel to use his tiles in chronciles.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
should it?

other people post there games on here...

That's because the games being made here are all made with Game Maker/Sphere/RPG Maker etc. ROM hacks, such as this (as far as I can tell), go in ROM Hacking.

Pika Storm

learning to script
Years
Will this game continue to be a hack, or will it become an RPG game, if the second, all the maps created so far will have to be redone
icon9.gif

Back