• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Before messing around with the header, I would rather make sure the flag is being set properly first.

Don't think it matters in Pallet Town - the running shoes won't work even if it is set correctly unless you change the "name on entering."

Just trying to prevent a headache for someone who might be doing everything right with the script.

This script prevents you from leaving the room.

Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong and what I should do?

For this one, I would personally use setvar and countpokemon (if this is your first Pokemon) or the command for checking for a certain Pokemon. Let me add some options in bold.

Code:
#dynamic 0x800309
#org @mover
[b]setvar 0x5000 0x0    [i](a variable set to 0x0 will keep repeating itself whenever stepped on)[/i]
countpokemon             [i](counts # of Pokemon)[/i]
compare lastresult 0x0  [i](compares the # of Pokemon to the #0)[/i]
if 0x1 goto @stop         [i](if the # of Pokemon the player has is 0, goes to @stop)[/i]
release
end

#org @stop[/b]
applymovement 0xFF @move
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @1 0x6
applymovement 0xFF @move2
waitmovement 0x0
release
end
#org @move
#raw 0x62
#raw 0xFE
#org @move2
#raw 0x10
#raw 0xFE
#org @1
= Woops! Probably should bring\nGrowly along....

Last edited:

forestw785

I divide by 0.
Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2010
Don't think it matters in Pallet Town - the running shoes won't work even if it is set correctly unless you change the "name on entering."

Just trying to prevent a headache for someone who might be doing everything right with the script.

I've never had that problem ha ha. Not that I've noticed at least. I'll edit post back once I check later and let you know.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
I've never had that problem ha ha. Not that I've noticed at least. I'll edit post back once I check later and let you know.

Hm, well that must be nice. But when working on my hack, the running would not work in Pallet Town at all, and I was convinced I was doing something wrong, until I went to Route 1 and found them mysteriously working!

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Well, it's certainly been awhile.
As far as I can tell, this script is perfect, but I'm having some trouble with XSE. It keeps giving me the message "unrecognized keyword 'em' on line 77." I've been looking, but haven't been able to find the problem. A few more pairs of eyes would be welcome.
Spoiler:

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
#org @congrats
= ???: Well hello there young'un.\nFrom the look of you, it's obvious\lthat you're a trainer. So was I,\lonce, a great one, even. There was\la time when the name Pryce\linspired respect and admiration[.]\land a time when it inspired\lrevulsion and fear[.]\l[.][.][.][.][.][.][.][.]\lBut enough of that. It does my old\lheart good to help out budding\ltrainers like you. Here, a gift\lfrom me. Something tells me this\lit
em will come in useful on your\ljourney.

The word "item" in the last line is split up into two lines, so XSE doesn't recognize "em will come in useful on your\ljourney." as any type of code.

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
The word "item" in the last line is split up into two lines, so XSE doesn't recognize "em will come in useful on your\ljourney." as any type of code.
Thanks. I knew it would be something stupid like that, I just couldn't spot it :\
EDIT: You know what's interesting, that string was still only one line in XSE, though it still let me backspace between "it" and "em." No wonder I couldn't find it 0.o

Denali

C++ Programmer
Years

For this one, I would personally use setvar and countpokemon (if this is your first Pokemon) or the command for checking for a certain Pokemon. Let me add some options in bold.

Code:
#dynamic 0x800309
#org @mover
[B]setvar 0x5000 0x0    [I](a variable set to 0x0 will keep repeating itself whenever stepped on)[/I][/B]
[B]countpokemon             [I](counts # of Pokemon)[/I][/B]
[B]compare lastresult 0x0  [I](compares the # of Pokemon to the #0)[/I][/B]
[B]if 0x1 goto @stop         [I](if the # of Pokemon the player has is 0, goes to @stop)[/I][/B]
[B]release[/B]
[B]end[/B]

[B]#org @stop[/B]
applymovement 0xFF @move
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @1 0x6
applymovement 0xFF @move2
waitmovement 0x0
release
end
#org @move
#raw 0x62
#raw 0xFE
#org @move2
#raw 0x10
#raw 0xFE
#org @1
= Woops! Probably should bring\nGrowly along....
It worked perfectly!!!
You are pure geneous thank you so much!
There's just one little problem: the poke ball doesn't disappear until I warp to another room. Therefore giving me the ability to obtain as many pokemon as I want. How would I go about making the sprite permanently invisible?

forestw785

I divide by 0.
Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2010
It worked perfectly!!!
There's just one little problem: the poke ball doesn't disappear until I warp to another room. Therefore giving me the ability to obtain as many pokemon as I want. How would I go about making the sprite permanently invisible?

Spoiler:

Picture outline.
Spoiler:

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
Spoiler:

Picture outline.
Spoiler:
He needs to make the person ID change to 0828 since the set flag is 0x828.
It worked perfectly!!!
You don't need all those flags unless they correspond with other scripts.

forestw785

I divide by 0.
Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2010
He needs to make the person ID change to 0828 since the set flag is 0x828.

You don't need all those flags unless they correspond with other scripts.

I know that, I was just showing him where they were just in case he confused them.

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
I have a question..

Let's say you have 6 Pokemon in your party. Is it possible, when you encounter a trainer battle, to just use 3 of those Pokemon, for example, in your party?
I believe it requires ASM, but despite that, is there a way?

Hiche..

forestw785

I divide by 0.
Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2010
I used Jpans clean script patch, and I put in my own Pokémon center, but when my pokmon faint I head to this random place, and not to my own Pokemon center, even after I've used it.

How do I set a pokmon center as a pokemon center after a white out?

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
Years
level script

Hi, everyone. I got myself a bit of trouble with this level script.

When I go outside of the house, Gary is supposed to come at me, tell me something, walk away, then disappear.
But, when I go outside, nothing happens at all. Gary stays where he is...

Here's the script.

Spoiler:

Could I get some help?

Last edited:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I have a question..

Let's say you have 6 Pokemon in your party. Is it possible, when you encounter a trainer battle, to just use 3 of those Pokemon, for example, in your party?
I believe it requires ASM, but despite that, is there a way?

Hiche..

There is a special which can do that, but it's used in the Trainer Tower and Pokémon won't gain any experience.

I used Jpans clean script patch, and I put in my own Pokémon center, but when my pokmon faint I head to this random place, and not to my own Pokemon center, even after I've used it.

How do I set a pokmon center as a pokemon center after a white out?

Check the script on a clean ROM to see how to set it. In particular, check the Pokémon Centers' level scripts, and look for the sethealingplace command.

Denali

C++ Programmer
Years
Thank you guys so much! :)
It worked perfectly and I just wanted to say I appreciate you showing me the right way.

EDIT: Okay will do :)

Last edited:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Thank you guys so much! :)
It worked perfectly and I just wanted to say I appreciate you showing me the right way.

Saying thanks it's a good idea, but next time PM/VMs are preferred ;)

forestw785

I divide by 0.
Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2010
Check the script on a clean ROM to see how to set it. In particular, check the Pokémon Centers' level scripts, and look for the sethealingplace command.

I set the level scripts, and I tried to adjust it so it would go to a pokecenter I put in the first town, but it kept heading to the heros home, so I decided to rip the mom script, and now it works fine as long as it ports to his home instead of the pokecenter ha ha.

I know I messed it up somewhere.... obviously. But as long as it works for the starter town, it doesn't matter.

Oh yeah, and thank you very much for the help hackmew :) for the program and the answer.

Also:
When you do the applymovement scripts to show the !, !!, or ? signs, what's the script to make the little beep noise go off at the same time? and how do I make a person I make walk on screen stay hidden until I want them to show up? (I.e oak stopping you from leaving pallet town in original game)

Last edited:

6ryan4

"Watch the power of aura!!!"
Years
I need help with this script:

Spoiler:

I need to make it so that the script continues directly after the trainer battle. Can someone edit my script so it'll do that?

forestw785

I divide by 0.
Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2010
Changes are in bold. I hope I helped.

I need help with this script:

Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back