• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
This is sort of a Universal Note, that yes, I am Akio. For some reason I'd thought I'd need a separate email for games. Not sure why. So I have begun the slow process of transferring everything over to one email address, and given everything my gaming Alias, WolfOfEve.

So, if anyone is open to a new nickname, I'll accept the name Wolf, along with Akio. Maybe even Zerin if any of you remember that.

Anyways, is it me, or did half of PC die before the school season? It's left me curious, since most of the RPs have been drastically slowed down due to some players having now-limited access.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Anyways, is it me, or did half of PC die before the school season? It's left me curious, since most of the RPs have been drastically slowed down due to some players having now-limited access.

Due to my current seemingly constant state of semi-lucid consciousness I've been unable to post as frequently as I would... like to. I realized I had a problem when I was unable to discern the difference between actually posting a post and simulating posting a post in my mind. I'm sure you know this because you were the one to inform me I hadn't actually posted an entire day after it happened and watched me rage ever so hard. I've found myself unable to properly focus on day to day tasks to the point that the situation is now... in desperate need of addressing.

I'm also in quite a few of your RPs.

That being said, it may be partially my fault. If I post slowly it discourages others around me from bothering to say check in as often. I'm currently trying to figure out how to 'optimize' my energy spent. Right now that may mean a reduction in the overall effort put into a post and it may also mean pursuing the idea of extra help. I am currently not considering dropping characters or RPs ... on PC anyway. I am however considering starving myself for approximately 18 hours of non-sleep, at which point I can eat and pass out or whatever. Supposedly this will reset my body's sleep schedule to have me awake at whenever those 18 hours end. (It supposedly served a very important purpose back in hunter-gatherer days, namely to make sure we could rapidly adjust to being awake when prey was available. Makes sense to me anyway.)

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
@Yellow - It's not your fault, don't put this on yourself. It's only truly the case if people on a large scale, and you've still been rather active lately, I'd say that's enough to get people inspired; especially what with all of the up and coming RPers that have been joining, lately.

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
It has gotten quite quiet yes. I've mainly been busy with uni, so I have an excuse!! *shot'd*

Daym Zerin, you gotta stop making new accounts it's like a disease.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
lol coincidentally, I am switching to a new account soon. xD Starting sometime in September probably.

Yeah, school is kinda killing me at the moment, as I finished half of the homework. I'll do the other half tomorrow as I want to get started on Synchronicity. :P

Also, Get Together 10 is coming in September as well. I went ahead and suggested a couple roleplay events in this thread. If you have any ideas regarding a future roleplay event that could work, you can suggest over at that thread. From what I've saw, I don't think I've seen an actual roleplay event in the past few get-togethers.

Just...trying to spread the roleplay spirit here. :)

I was gonna IM you about this, Maddy, but you're busy and I'm short on time lolol

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Oooohh, I know! Can't we have a "New Accounts Day" here at PC? Like, a day where everyone makes a new account and then the rest of us have to guess who has made the new account. The one who can guess most people right also wins an emblem!

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Congratulations to PC and the Roleplay Lounge for exactly 1000 OOC threads.

Galdr

ドラゴンのおうじ
Years
[/jumps in thread]

I could really go for a non-Pokemon role-play. Like DBZ. Or Bomberman.

But, if anyone can help me devise a Pokemon Conquest RP, that'd be epic.

Maybe not follow the game's sequence but have Warlords maybe go "to this other region" where people "keep their Pokemon in Pokeballs", as stated by Motonari. Maybe just a few warlords that assumed together to beat Nobunaga, etc, then it's stated that Lady Oichi was given command over Aurora. [/freaking lame idea]

If not that, then a seriously awesome DBZ role-play that-won't-die. No canons.

Don't ask me why I said Bomberman. It was something to throw out there.
Or a Megaman role-play. Or an X-men + Pokemon role-play. I've tried one of those before. It died because someone that was needed to post didn't come online anymore and it was hard to continue over them. But the solid idea was pretty cool. I know I contradicted myself about saying a non-Pokemon role-play, but oh well.

Also, I really liked my other RP idea, but my mom kept my laptop for an unknown amount of time. My Wii unfortunately can't load this site, so I couldn't get on. Too bad for me.

[/jumps out of thread]

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
@Yellow - It's not your fault, don't put this on yourself. It's only truly the case if people on a large scale, and you've still been rather active lately, I'd say that's enough to get people inspired; especially what with all of the up and coming RPers that have been joining, lately.
Exactly.

It has gotten quite quiet yes. I've mainly been busy with uni, so I have an excuse!! *shot'd*

Daym Zerin, you gotta stop making new accounts it's like a disease.
I'm only on number three, and most of the reason for this one was because I had two separate Gmail accounts always open (For some stupid reason I thought I needed two), and on top of that I figured it'd still be easier for people to acknowledge/recognize a name written in English. Also, my Alias is now Universal to all of my accounts now.

I might make a new account, too; it'll be named "machomuuu".
I think you should change it to "machomoo" and change the avatar to a Minecraft Cow.

Oooohh, I know! Can't we have a "New Accounts Day" here at PC? Like, a day where everyone makes a new account and then the rest of us have to guess who has made the new account. The one who can guess most people right also wins an emblem!
I already won that one, in the Fallout OOC, when a poor sad butthurt from Youtube wanted to come rage at me. I can't believe it actually made an account.

Congratulations to PC and the Roleplay Lounge for exactly 1000 OOC threads.
I noticed this earlier, I wish I'd said something sooner. We've been on 1000 OOC for a while now.

[/jumps in thread]

I could really go for a non-Pokemon role-play. Like DBZ. Or Bomberman.

But, if anyone can help me devise a Pokemon Conquest RP, that'd be epic.

Maybe not follow the game's sequence but have Warlords maybe go "to this other region" where people "keep their Pokemon in Pokeballs", as stated by Motonari. Maybe just a few warlords that assumed together to beat Nobunaga, etc, then it's stated that Lady Oichi was given command over Aurora. [/freaking lame idea]

If not that, then a seriously awesome DBZ role-play that-won't-die. No canons.

Don't ask me why I said Bomberman. It was something to throw out there.
Or a Megaman role-play. Or an X-men + Pokemon role-play. I've tried one of those before. It died because someone that was needed to post didn't come online anymore and it was hard to continue over them. But the solid idea was pretty cool. I know I contradicted myself about saying a non-Pokemon role-play, but oh well.

Also, I really liked my other RP idea, but my mom kept my laptop for an unknown amount of time. My Wii unfortunately can't load this site, so I couldn't get on. Too bad for me.

[/jumps out of thread]
Sacred Fire/Divine Water is totally a conquest RP.

And yes, Dragonball would be a wonderful RP, so I'm shocked I haven't seen it here yet.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I'm in... two RPs now xD That's gotta be a low record for me. And in one of them, I'm just the GM. So xD

Pfft, let people have alts, that's one of the fun things with PC compared with other forums who ban alts. As long as you're not lying about who you are or try to double post or secretly join an RP twice or double vote or anything.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I'd like to see a pure Sengoku Roleplay (it could incorporate pokemon, but not as links, or else it would become a Conquest Roleplay), and it would be fun to play a "Total War" or "Romance of the Three Kingdoms" type roleplay- in gameplay rather than plot (though I do love RoTK and would take part in a RP based off of it), a sort of "Command and Conquer type deal where there is a winner, of sorts; in the case of a Sengoku Roleplay it would be the one who Unifies Japan first, or in the case of RoTK it'd be the Kingdom that reigns victorious.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Am I the only one wanting to see an original "Paranormal Haunting" type of RP? You know, everyone has to play normal people in a realistic manner, somehow dealing with spirits and other evil entities?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Am I the only one wanting to see an original "Paranormal Haunting" type of RP? You know, everyone has to play normal people in a realistic manner, somehow dealing with spirits and other evil entities?
The only time I can deal with ghosts is if it's not in the horror manner. I guess the best example of that would be Touhou Project. I don't believe in them, but I do tend to overthink things, even the things I don't believe in, especially when presented in a horrific manner. It's not that I don't like it, but I can't deal with it (and I mean can't in the most literal sense).

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023

You... do? ...... :3 Well, I have been working on something like that. I do like and enjoy horror myself. The question I really have is who else would be interested? I know a lot of people on here don't really dig with the horror aspect since they are wussies don't like it. My idea is already typed up, I would just have to look it back over and make some adjustments to it but I would need a count on who would enjoy a RP like this.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
You... do? ...... :3 Well, I have been working on something like that. I do like and enjoy horror myself. The question I really have is who else would be interested? I know a lot of people on here don't really dig with the horror aspect since they are wussies don't like it. My idea is already typed up, I would just have to look it back over and make some adjustments to it but I would need a count on who would enjoy a RP like this.

PM me, I'd love to co-create it with you.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
@machomuu: I love the Touhou Project :3 I'm cosplaying as a Touhou.

Back on to the topic of rps.

How many Rp's do you normally join?

I'm currently in six rps two of which are my own, one of them is slower in pace, the other hasn't started yet. One I've just joined and the others are slow in pace. So I feel like I don't have to much on my plate, I also have multiple characters in two Rp's.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I've made the most totally kick-Ash Signature in all of the interwebs.

I used Paint.NET, CSS in the form of BBCode, and some awesome artistic epicness.

... Meh.

From what I've seen, there aren't currently (or have ever been) any haunting RPs like what I had mentioned before. I think it'd be a wonderful RP and bring something nice and original to PC.

Secondly, I think we should Have Character Claims on PC. Marin has Yellow, Bassiroth has N, and if it weren't beyond obvious, I've claimed Sir Aaron.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Since I have a lot in my plate, I'm in three roleplays, and have 5 active characters. Three of which are at Pokemon Trainer Academy. My limit is three right now because of school and irl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back