• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~The Normal Maniacs: Normal-Type Fan Club~

Status
Not open for further replies.

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
Years
Thank you! c: Yes, it is cute. ^-^ Persian was actually my favorite Pokemon when I was little. Now it's Furret, with Eevee coming second.

What really made love normal-type Pokemon is their design. I just love their simplicity! There are all different shapes and sizes and yet each one can manage to look amazing. I really can't name a single normal-type Pokemon that I dislike!

Thanks, Jelli! Yeah, Castform kind of is one of those Pokemon many people forget about. He can be quite useful in battle, though. I used him once when I was playing Pokemon Pearl, and another time in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team.

I know! <3 Is it any good to use competitively?

I hear that competitively he is rather hard to use but I am very positive that you can make him amazing even when wifi battling. :)

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
Years
Alright lets get this club back into business shall we guys? :) AS for answering the current topic, I think that Dunsparce should evolve! I can only imagine how cool he would look if he evolved, I like Dunsparce because he is crazy-looking and it's a pretty cute Pokemon :P.

What do you all think?

Sirfetch’d

Alright lets get this club back into business shall we guys? :) AS for answering the current topic, I think that Dunsparce should evolve! I can only imagine how cool he would look if he evolved, I like Dunsparce because he is crazy-looking and it's a pretty cute Pokemon :P.

What do you all think?

I have always thought that Dunsparce could use an evolution! As I have said before, I simply adore him as a Pokemon and find him extremely underrated. Giving him an evolution would help him even more! I am not sure how the Pokemon design would look, but I am assuming that his tiny little wings could grow and maybe become a part flying Pokemon. Evolving him would also give Dunsparce the ability to utilize Eviolite and make him an even more useable Pokemon. So yes! I am definitely hoping that Dunsparce gets an evolution in an upcoming generation. =D

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
Years
I have always thought that Dunsparce could use an evolution! As I have said before, I simply adore him as a Pokemon and find him extremely underrated. Giving him an evolution would help him even more! I am not sure how the Pokemon design would look, but I am assuming that his tiny little wings could grow and maybe become a part flying Pokemon. Evolving him would also give Dunsparce the ability to utilize Eviolite and make him an even more useable Pokemon. So yes! I am definitely hoping that Dunsparce gets an evolution in an upcoming generation. =D

If we have luck on our side we may see that in generation 6! Haha I love Dunparce's tiny little wings, I think they're hilarious :P it gives Dunsparce character. However I don't want it to become a flying type :( out of all the types in Pokemon flying type is at the very rock-hard bottom for me. I don't know why, maybe it's because I'm afraid of heights I don't know haha :P.

Sirfetch’d

If we have luck on our side we may see that in generation 6! Haha I love Dunparce's tiny little wings, I think they're hilarious :P it gives Dunsparce character. However I don't want it to become a flying type :( out of all the types in Pokemon flying type is at the very rock-hard bottom for me. I don't know why, maybe it's because I'm afraid of heights I don't know haha :P.

Maybe he could become Normal/Bug or even Normal/Poison! I don't think we have either of those typings yet do we? Dunsparce has always hag that "bug look" to me so giving him an evolution and secondary Bug typing would make somewhat sense.

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
Years
Maybe he could become Normal/Bug or even Normal/Poison! I don't think we have either of those typings yet do we? Dunsparce has always hag that "bug look" to me so giving him an evolution and secondary Bug typing would make somewhat sense.

I agree with that, and no I don't think we have those combinations yet as far as normal-type Pokemon go. That would be cool, either of those options would be great although with my current team I would rather it be a normal and bug type evolution. I don't want the Psychic Pokemon to have a jig with my team haha though I do have precautions already set up for that.

Speaking of evolutions, I thought that the new "bull" pokemon was the evolution of Tauros but I was surprised to learn that it's not! What the heck game Freak? haha. I haven't played Black and White so excuse my lack of knowledge from that generation.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Dunsparce definitely needs an evolution. I find it disappointing that they just throw on unnecessary evolutions onto things such as Rhydon when they're already coping fine enough and then leave out poor things like Dunsparce. Dunsparce's concept could be utilized into one of the most beastly evolutions in the game- seriously its an underrated Pokemon! If you look at its stats, I admit that there's nothing to gape at particularly and it looks like something that wouldn't hurt a fly but it could just be like Magikarp to Gyarados except ten times better. I could see Normal/Bug or maybe Gamefreak could do something about those tiny wings to turn it into some sort of dragon-like thing but we'll see. But there's endless possibilities to throw on and all they do is sit around and make legendaries that look exactly alike except for a few different features (Resolute Keldeo I'm looking at you >:[)

Other than Dunsparce I honestly wouldn't mind seeing an evolution for Tauros actually. While it might be a little unneeded it would receive a nice boost and a pretty cool design. Honestly I was surprised when Bouffalant wasn't shown to be its evolution, they look exactly alike except for the huge afro and eyes that look like a blast from the past.

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
Years
Dunsparce definitely needs an evolution. I find it disappointing that they just throw on unnecessary evolutions onto things such as Rhydon when they're already coping fine enough and then leave out poor things like Dunsparce. Dunsparce's concept could be utilized into one of the most beastly evolutions in the game- seriously its an underrated Pokemon! If you look at its stats, I admit that there's nothing to gape at particularly and it looks like something that wouldn't hurt a fly but it could just be like Magikarp to Gyarados except ten times better. I could see Normal/Bug or maybe Gamefreak could do something about those tiny wings to turn it into some sort of dragon-like thing but we'll see. But there's endless possibilities to throw on and all they do is sit around and make legendaries that look exactly alike except for a few different features (Resolute Keldeo I'm looking at you >:[)

Other than Dunsparce I honestly wouldn't mind seeing an evolution for Tauros actually. While it might be a little unneeded it would receive a nice boost and a pretty cool design. Honestly I was surprised when Bouffalant wasn't shown to be its evolution, they look exactly alike except for the huge afro and eyes that look like a blast from the past.

I agree with the Gyarados and Dunsparce argument. The whole Tauros thing confused me as well, I thought that Bouffalant would be the evolution of Tauros but I guess not...

What kind of Normal-type Pokemon would you want to see in the future guys?

Sirfetch’d

I agree with the Gyarados and Dunsparce argument. The whole Tauros thing confused me as well, I thought that Bouffalant would be the evolution of Tauros but I guess not...

What kind of Normal-type Pokemon would you want to see in the future guys?

I want to see a Normal Eeveelution. I have always thought that Eevee should at least be able to evolve once that doesn't involve some type of genetic mutation. I feel that this Pokemon would be physically based and really useable with access to strong STAB such as Return.

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
Years
I want to see a Normal Eeveelution. I have always thought that Eevee should at least be able to evolve once that doesn't involve some type of genetic mutation. I feel that this Pokemon would be physically based and really useable with access to strong STAB such as Return.

A Normal Eveelution would be awesome! I imagine that it would look a lot like Evee but bigger and more furry? Haha. I bet that gamefreak has thought the same thing, it's definitely not a hidden concept I would think.

Does anyone have a topic that they would like to discuss?

Years
Username: Cirno
Your Pokémon Team(At LEAST 50% Normal-Type): Eevee, Skitty, Aipom, Swablu, Minccino, Lillipup
Your Pokémon Partner: Minccino! :D
Reason for joining: Love normal types; kind of surprised I didn't see this club until now. They tend to be very adorable and are extremely diverse as far as movesets go. I always use at least one on my team!
Who is your favorite Normal-Type Gym Leader?: I adore Cheren. He's perfect for a gym leader and normal is a great fit for the guy, though I wish his team wasn't just a generic Lillipup and Patrat at first. :'(

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
Years
Username: Cirno
Your Pokémon Team(At LEAST 50% Normal-Type): Eevee, Skitty, Aipom, Swablu, Minccino, Lillipup
Your Pokémon Partner: Minccino! :D
Reason for joining: Love normal types; kind of surprised I didn't see this club until now. They tend to be very adorable and are extremely diverse as far as movesets go. I always use at least one on my team!
Who is your favorite Normal-Type Gym Leader?: I adore Cheren. He's perfect for a gym leader and normal is a great fit for the guy, though I wish his team wasn't just a generic Lillipup and Patrat at first. :'(

Welcome to the club Cirno! I haven't played black and white so I haven't enjoyed your favorite Normal-type pokemon, but I will when X and Y comes out :). I'm glad you finally found us! When X and Y comes out we will have tournaments and other fun events!

Do you have a topic that you would like to discuss here right now?

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
Years
As Pokemon X and Y draws ever closer with only a month left to wait, what are your biggest hopes in what kind of Normal-Type Pokemon will be in 6th generation as far as concept and design goes? One of my hopes is that Dunsparce will have a cool evolution that looks like a cross of gyarados and Milotic but still keeping it's simple design. And on a non-normal-type note I hope that more "house-related" ghost Pokemon will make their way to the spotlight. I just want a flood of new Ghost and Normal type Pokemon!

What about you guys?

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

I just hope that Normal types live up to those of past generations. With every new generation there are many wonderful Normal types that are introduced and I just hope that holds true this gen. I'd really like to see a Castform evolution because it is my favorite Pokemon of all time and he really would be fitting for one. I also like the idea of a Dunsparce evo that you have already stated.

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
Years
I just hope that Normal types live up to those of past generations. With every new generation there are many wonderful Normal types that are introduced and I just hope that holds true this gen. I'd really like to see a Castform evolution because it is my favorite Pokemon of all time and he really would be fitting for one. I also like the idea of a Dunsparce evo that you have already stated.

I agree with that! I'm sure that they will do great in generation six :).

Do any of you have any suggestions for the club? Anything else that you would want to discuss or see?

Years
Do any of you have any suggestions for the club? Anything else that you would want to discuss or see?

A few clubs have been doing bracket tourneys by pitting two Pokemon against each other and having members choose which they'd prefer to advance. You can see examples in the legendary and bug type clubs. Why not give that a shot? I'd love to participate and I'm sure it'd spark some good discussions. ♥

KirbyX

Veteran Pokemon Master
Years
Username: KirbyX
Your Pokémon Team: Gengar, Snorlax, Dragonite, Tyranitar, Clefable, Miltank
Your Pokémon Partner: Clefable, because it's so underrated.
Reason for joining: There are so many great Normal types, those mentioned above and others like Urasing, Chansey, Snubull, Kangaskhan, Taurus, I'm sure there are more in the newer games. I guess the rank's have thinned some as X and Y has granted the Fairies their own typing. If I had to create a Mono Team it would have to be Normal type, having only a single 2 X weakness, a massive move pool and some of
the highest HP and attack rating's in pokemon is such a massive advantage.
Answer the current topic!
I can't really answer that topic sorry, as I'm not going to be playing X and Y, I played
Yellow and Stadium in late 90's, so now I'm playing FR / LG and Coliseum.

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
Years
Hello everyone! Thank you for your support and activity for the club.

Unfortunately I have bad news, I am not able to keep running this club so if anyone here wants to be the leader of the Normal-Type club please let me know. I wanted to be able to help run the club for a long time but life has taken over quite a bit for a long while.

I hope that someone will take on the challenge of running this club so that it won't lay to waste.

I'm sorry. But I will be around the forums as usual I just don't have the time to run a club right now.

Thank you!

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Hello everyone! Thank you for your support and activity for the club.

Unfortunately I have bad news, I am not able to keep running this club so if anyone here wants to be the leader of the Normal-Type club please let me know. I wanted to be able to help run the club for a long time but life has taken over quite a bit for a long while.

I hope that someone will take on the challenge of running this club so that it won't lay to waste.

I'm sorry. But I will be around the forums as usual I just don't have the time to run a club right now.

Thank you!

I would love to help if the club admins let me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back