• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: FireRed 649 Patch

Hack save routine for extra saveable space? Would break compatibility with flashcarts

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
anyway,where are you getting the patch because he remove the download link.

No I didn't. Well, yes I did, but I removed the link to an old outdated version because people were reporting fixed bugs from it.

Look in my post for "Live Beta", you'll find the latest version there.

dkp

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2016
Note: Somehow I posted the following in the wrong thread, so maybe one should do as the end puts forth. In my defense; same thread author, same forum, same subform, more tabs open than I care to admit. Regardless, I'm an idiot.

If I may ask, how did you implement the B/W experience system? It doesn't seem like you simply changed the equation. I don't see anyone else credited to its creation, so did you write it? If so, even from the little I've seen, good job. I can't seem to find it it through searching otherwise however.

If you made it and are willing to share, do you still have the ASM and relavent offsets to change lying about? If you didn't, do you happen to know where I can find the maker's "showcase" thread or at least the makers name? Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to go and bother them or to bother anyone. Just search the archives.

For public or personal reasons, this alone seems like a rather wonderful feature. For personal reasons, even if it's a little broken, it seems nice just to play through FR with this istalled.

If I'm one of the million self-centered hackers pesturing you with stupid questions, though, feel free to ignore me. Of course, if I'm an idiot who can't figure out the search feature feel even freer to. Thanks for reading this far, if you did.

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2023
Jambo's status "thinking about quitting" disturbs me a lot. This is probably the greatest thing to ever happen to the Pokemon hacking community, and to imagine it unfinished is truely a tragedy. I REALLY hope he decides to complete the project :(

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Jambo's status "thinking about quitting" disturbs me a lot. This is probably the greatest thing to ever happen to the Pokemon hacking community, and to imagine it unfinished is truely a tragedy. I REALLY hope he decides to complete the project :(

Even if he does decide to quit, which is his personal choice, we can't decide how he lives his life and if he really isn't into it anymore, we shouldn't force him to stay. I love Jambo, and he is a great guy, but if it is his time to leave, then he should.

However, when he announced that he was thinking about it on RHO social, he immediately asked for volunteers to finish his projects in his absence, should he leave. I will personally guarantee, that if he does leave, that this project will be finished.

I hope that that sets your mind at ease, and please, people, stop asking for a date. When it is done, it is done. Jambo refuses to respond to those posts, so don't even bother. Have a little respect and wait it out. You always have to wait for the best things in life.

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2023
Even if he does decide to quit, which is his personal choice, we can't decide how he lives his life and if he really isn't into it anymore, we shouldn't force him to stay. I love Jambo, and he is a great guy, but if it is his time to leave, then he should.

However, when he announced that he was thinking about it on RHO social, he immediately asked for volunteers to finish his projects in his absence, should he leave. I will personally guarantee, that if he does leave, that this project will be finished.

I hope that that sets your mind at ease, and please, people, stop asking for a date. When it is done, it is done. Jambo refuses to respond to those posts, so don't even bother. Have a little respect and wait it out. You always have to wait for the best things in life.

That actually does make me feel much better, thank you for your swift reply. I didn't mean to make it sound like we should force him to stay if he's not that into it anymore, so I apologise if that is how I came across. My nightmare was that this would end up like all those other promising hacks that just end up buried in the depths of the internet for all eternity, so it's good to know that Jambo has such good friends who would be prepared to continue on with his work.

Btw, I saw a few of your sprites on Chaos Rush's thread, I just want to say nice job for those as well! Congratulations for making it onto his helpers list :)

PiplupGHacker

Keeping the dream alive.
Years
Sorry for being a total idiot, this is my first proper hack here (minus a couple idiot blunders when I was twelve or so) but is there any way to insert the Pokemon into the wild as of right now? (Like, via a tool or something - I'm a bit too stupid to redo headers and such myself, if that's even what the term is) AdvanceMap has 412 of them, but is missing quite a good amount (obviously xD) which I assume is because that's how many there are normally. So, is there a patch or ini for AdvanceMap or anything?

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Sorry for being a total idiot, this is my first proper hack here (minus a couple idiot blunders when I was twelve or so) but is there any way to insert the Pokemon into the wild as of right now? (Like, via a tool or something - I'm a bit too stupid to redo headers and such myself, if that's even what the term is) AdvanceMap has 412 of them, but is missing quite a good amount (obviously xD) which I assume is because that's how many there are normally. So, is there a patch or ini for AdvanceMap or anything?

You will have to use a hex editor or a table editor like Nightmare. If you are new to rom hacking, these will be extremely difficult for you.

As of right now, this rom base is still in Alpha Testing. The only reason you should be using it is to test it out and see if it works. You are not allowed to use it in a hack until Jambo sees it fit and says it is completed.

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2016
I skimmed the thread and didn't see any posts regarding this specific part of the patch:

Jambo, could you provide any insight regarding implementing the B/W experience gain formula? I didn't find any posts regarding this elsewhere in the forum and would like to know more about it, if you don't mind.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
If this is opened in PGE, should the Move Table and TM/HM Extension Hacks be ticked?

Also why does the images appear like this in Pokemon Editor?
Spoiler:

BTW when I took this screenshot, TM/HM and Move Table Hack was ticked.

And minor decapitalisation bugs, I don't know if these has been reported before but I thought I should let you know.
Spoiler:

And why does the cancel Image in the bag a question mark like one for an unknown item? Shouldn't it be an arrow something?

It's so minor I don't even know if someone would care about it. I just thought I'd post it.

Another, the game crashes when you open the "NATIONAL DEX NUMERICAL" when you have a Tepig. (I made a givepokemon script to test it and a special 0x16F)

Last edited:

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
If this is opened in PGE, should the Move Table and TM/HM Extension Hacks be ticked?

Yes.

And minor decapitalisation bugs, I don't know if these has been reported before but I thought I should let you know.
Spoiler:

Cheers. I'll fix these.

And why does the cancel Image in the bag a question mark like one for an unknown item? Shouldn't it be an arrow something?

I never changed it, or at least, I don't remember changing it. Do lemme know one way or the other.

Another, the game crashes when you open the "NATIONAL DEX NUMERICAL" when you have a Tepig. (I made a givepokemon script to test it and a special 0x16F)

I shall try to replicate this and fix it at some stage. Could be a very simple bug, could be complicated. I'll try to find out.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Okay thanks!

Cheers. I'll fix these.
Almost every sentence that I've encountered up to Pewter (I just started testing) that has a first word that uses "O" as the second letter is always written like "NOw" etc.

I never changed it, or at least, I don't remember changing it. Do lemme know one way or the other.
Here's a screenshot:

I shall try to replicate this and fix it at some stage. Could be a very simple bug, could be complicated. I'll try to find out.
Well it doesn't crash if you view them by Habitat but if in NUMERICAL MODE: National, it will freeze and then crash.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I try this Patch... And I am impresed... I have for you 2 questions,
1. I can use your patch as a base of my Hack?
2. How map editor Should I use to add to grass extended than 386 pokemon?

Both of these have been answered many times:

1. He stated that this is a beta version, and he doesn't want people to use it as a base for any public hack yet until he states otherwise.

2. No map editor can add them in yet, you have to use a Hex Editor and do it manually.

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
Keep it up Jambo.
As many others stated, this patch will be a boon to GBA hacking.
I hope the best that it gets completed soon.

Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2014
Would anyone have a script version of the decapitalization part of the patch? I'd like to de-shout my ROM. It's just using JPAN's base hack at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back