• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Update:
Started my journey i picked charmander for HM
Beat my rival
Caught a Pidgey and Rattata
Trained then both to lvl 15
Beat Brock
Battle the trainers and train both of them to lvl 20
Current team :
Mouse(Raticate)
Lvl 20
moz-screenshot-3.jpg
raticate-m.png

Tackle
Hyper Fang
Growl
Quick-Attack

EXCALIBIRD(pidgeotto)
Lvl 20
greenspr017.png

Gust
Sand-Attack
Quick-Attack

moz-screenshot-1.jpg
moz-screenshot-2.jpg

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Aug 6, 2010
Why not? Kanto is changed in Gold and Silver to the point where it's still fun to go through. It doesn't last very long either, about quarter of the time it takes in Red/Blue.
Besides, wouldn't you want to fight Red? He's the reason that I say '"It isn't a complete run without Kanto."'
Actually nevermind. For a while I thought it would be near impossible but I checked something that totally changes how I'll beat Johto + 2nd Gen Kanto

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
Pokemon Crystal "Blog" Part 3: A Not So Normal Trip

After Bugsy FINALLY went down, I was now ready to leave Azalea Town, and continue on towards the next gym in Goldenrod City. As I tried to leave the Town, who would pop up, none other than my rival! After dispatching of him, I continued on out of town, towards Ilex Forest.

In the Forest, I met a green haired trainer who gave me a TM for Headbutt, and told me I could headbutt the small trees, and a pokemon might fly out. I couldn't recall what pokemon were obtained via Headbutt, but I took my chances, and taught it to Lilo. Soon, a Pineco popped out. After an intense weakening match versus Celest, Spinner the Pineco was mine!

As I was leavin gthe forest, I stumbled across another pokemon I was familiar with... A Paras! I quickly caught it, and Shroomie was back with me, and I have 6 members on my team! I now finished my trek through the forest, and came out on the other side.

I reached Goldenrod City and spent WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too long leveling my party... after another 6 hours, my pokemon were all level 31, and fully evolved, and I was ready to continue. I wasn't going to have a repeat of being underleveled like in Pokemon Blue XD

After arriving in Goldenrod, I went to explore the town. The Bike Shop was nice and let me have a bike in exchange for being willing to advertise it. I stopped by the store in town, and bought 2 TMs for Ice/Thunder Punch, and taught them to Lilo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tkgoCXp5xY

Current Team:

Celest (Butterfree)
Level: 31
gbc012.gif

Confusion
Gust
Stun Spore
Sleep Powder

Spitfire (Beedrill)
gbc015.gif

Fury Attack
TwinNeedle
Cut
Pursuit

Charlotte (Ariados)
gbc168.gif

Poison Sting
Night Shade
Scary Face
Leech Life

Lilo (Ledian)
gbc166.gif

Ice Punch
Supersonic
Thunder Punch
Headbutt

Shroomie (Parasect)
gbc047.gif

Tackle
Supersonic
Comet Punch
Headbutt

Spinner (Forretress)
gbc205.gif

Tackle
Rapid Spin
Bide
Take Down

Last edited:

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Aug 6, 2010
Ultimate Monotype Challenge
- Grass -

Kanto finished!

Log:
Starting out I thought I'd have so much trouble, but I really didn't. Defeating the Elite 4 was actually a mistake. I decided to use the Elite 4 for training for the Elite 4. Soon, I just ended up getting to Gary and just totally owning him. Time to start Johto on Crystal.

Hall of Famers:
Spr_1b_103.png

Exeggutor Lvl. 59
- Psychic
- Hypnosis
- Psywave
- Stomp

Spr_1b_003.png

Venusaur Lvl. 60
- Sleep Powder
- Growth
- Leech Seed
- Vine Whip

Spr_1b_071.png

Victreebell Lv. 64
- Razor Leaf
- Acid
- Cut
- Sleep Powder

Ikwaylx

Man with 10000 pronounciations
Years
OH GOD IT'S A COW KILL IT KILL IT!

Continuing on my journey, I decided that it was time to get Machop from the guy in the Goldenrod Market, so I did. Sadly, it wasn't called Ricky or Marcus, so I'm stuck with a female Machop called Muscle until I can capture my own Machop! Life sucks. :P
I spent a long time training Wranthor Jr to become a Poliwhirl. Now, when I get a water stone, I'll be ready for evolution. I also trained Muscle up to level 18, by that time, I was ready to defeat Whitney!

Whitney, like usual, is difficult to defeat. I feel sorry for anyone doing a flying type run right now as they'll be tossed aside by Miltank and Rollout. Miltank actually defeated Hercule with ease. However, endure came in handy for stalling Miltank until it had to reset the rollout power.
Muscle got lucky, as rollout missed and she managed to KO Miltank in one chop! Adda girl!

Here's the video: IN WIDESCREEN!
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=L8IACrchk74

Current Team
gbs214.gif

HerculeLevel 19
HP: 63
Horn Attack
Leer
Tackle
Endure

gbs066.gif

MUSCLE
Level 20
HP: 64
Karate Chop
Leer
Seismic Toss
Low Kick

Next segment will come once I arrive in Olivine!

Also, TheAbsol, your posts look awesome. I wish I could use CSS.

Tony Montana

Say Hello To My Little Friend!
Years
Allright I arrived at the Indigo Plateau. I tried a few times but I forgot to use a Max Ether and My rival thrashed me...D'oh...But that wont happen next time...

Well when Im the Champion, ill blog the E4. Until then, see ya.

EDIT:
Ill have to train a lot more. Lorelei's difficulty is because of type advantage, but I can handle it. Bruno and Agatha are no challenge. I lose to Lance's Dragonite and his Infinite-PP-Blizzard or if I beat the Dragon-Guy, I lose to Gary's Alakazam (whose PPs never run out). That Sucks! Dragonite used Blizzard like 20 times! Same happens with Alakazam's Psychic!

Last edited:
Years
Ok well i dominated my rival and the E4 with 3 normal pokemon and im off to crystal for the first time.

Pokemon i used in E4:

143snorlax_sprite.gif

Snorlax
Lvl 49
Body Slam
Toxic
Rest
Surf
Special thanks to this guys since he did the most with his toxic/rest combo saved my a$% plenty of times facing the E4

PidgeotGold.png

Excalibird(Pidgeot)
Lvl 53
Fly
Quick-attack
Sand-attack
Sky-attack

raticate-m.png

Mouse(raticate)
Lvl 54
Quick-attack
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Focus Energy
This guys swept most of the gym leaders but proved to be almost useless against the E4 except the first leader who fell to his thunderbolt.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
Pokemon Crystal "Blog" Part 4:

After defeating Whitney, it was Morning again, so I backtracked through Ilex forest, and located a Heracross in a tree in Azalea Town, and added it to my team, nicknamed Hercules. As I had 6 pokemon, I had to put one in my box, and Shroomie was benched.

Soon after, I ran into a Scyther, and another member of my team was benched. This time it was Spinner. I found a Dig TM hidden behind the fence in the Park, and I taught it to Charlotte. As I moved on, a lady told me a weird tree didn't like the water, and went to get a squirtbottle. I followed, and her sister gave me a bottle. I went back, and the tree attacked! As it wasn't a bug type, I killed it.

Soon, I reached Ecruteak City, and found Bill inside the Poke Center, and he told me I could now trade between Red, Blue, and Yellow! I left the town to the west, in search of certain pokemon...

I would soon run into wild Magnemites, knowing they had a chance to have a metal coat, After a few hours, I managed to finally grab one, and promptly used VBA link to trade Scizor back and forth for link evolution. Then I finally gave Slash the leveling he needed, and learned Metal Claw :)

I fought the dance girls of the town, who had all of the eeveelutions in the current generation, and gained a Surf TM as a reward! Unfortunately, none of my bugs can learn surf, so I'll be needing a HM slave for it :(

I went into the Gym, only to find that Morty was not there. So I explored the rest of town, and found a place called the Burned Tower. Inside, my Rival appeared and wanted to fight. So I did. A guy named Eusine also showed up, and the three legendary dogs came out of slumber, and ran off. Now I was ready to challenge my 4th gym!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIj8foiNHaM

Current Team:

Celest (Butterfree)
Level: 32
gbc012.gif

Confusion
Gust
Stun Spore
Sleep Powder

Spitfire (Beedrill)
gbc015.gif

Fury Attack
TwinNeedle
Cut
Pursuit

Charlotte (Ariados)
gbc168.gif

Poison Sting
Night Shade
Scary Face
Leech Life

Lilo (Ledian)
gbc166.gif

Ice Punch
Supersonic
Thunder Punch
Headbutt

Slash (Scizor)
gbc212.gif

Quick Attack
Metal Claw
Pursuit
Rock Smash

Hercules (Heracross)
gbc214.gif

Tackle
Horn Attack
Fury Attack
Counter

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
I'll be flabbergasted if you don't include Shuckle

I probably won't.

Heracross and Scizor are obvious must haves. Ledian is the only bug in this generation that can learn an ice type move to my knowledge, and I need that for dragon types. I don't want another repeat of Lance. Twin Needle is the strongest bug type move I can learn, and Butterfree covers Psychic and Flying, as well as status.

I MAY replace Ariados for Shuckle, but it's doubtful.

Tony Montana

Years
YEAH! Im the New CHAMPION! And I just leveled up for two mins!

Well Here are the Battles:

Ice Cold Killa:

Although she had a typr advantage, I easily beat her. The "hard dude" was Lapras, her powerhouse, who spammed Hydro Pump but was no match for Rina's Thunderbolt. Rina did most of the work, with some help from Grounder.

Bruno:

Really easy. He barely left a scratch on Grounder. He OHKOd Both Onix and Hitmonlee with Surf, and 2HKOd Machamp and Hitmonchan with Earthquake. Wasnt actually a challenge.

Agatha:

Same drill as Bruno. Grounder and Roll were outstanding. Quaker aslo helped when Roll fainted due to being badly poisoned (Toxic from Golbat) and Wrap from Arbok. Roll 2HKOd Golbat with Rock Slide and OHKOd Haunter (Earthquake). Arbok was no match for Quaker's Dig; and Gengar fell instantly with Grounder's Earthquake.

Lance:

This dude with cape was hard to beat. Gyarados Took some time (Stupid Hydro Pump spammer), but the 2 Dragonairs fell to Rina's Ice beam. So did Aerodactyl. But Dragonite was the most difficult. I was Lucky because he missed Blizzard TWICE IN A ROW, which bought me some time to revive and use a Max Potion on Rina. Rina OHKOd this dude with a Critical-Hit-Ice Beam. Phew.

Rival Gary:

Lance told me that I would have been the Champ, but Gary beat him first, so I had to challenge him. Time to settle this once and for all.
He sent out Snadslash so I did with Rina. I used Ice beam but he OHKOd me with Earthquake. Grounder finished him with Surf. Then Alakazam Came out. Earthquake weakened him but he OHKOd me again with Psychic. After a long time Quaker took him out. Exeggutor wasnt a match, as he started spamming Leech Seed, and I started Spamming Double Team to the MAX. Some Slash attacks KOd him. When the Cloyster came out I used Dig a few times and KOd him. As for Ninetales, I quickly beat him with Slash and Dig.
I had no PP left for Dig so i could only use slash on Jolteon. when Quaker fainted due to leech seed, Grounder came out and DESTROYED Jolteon with a single Eartquake.
Now, onto Silver!

Final Team:

Rina-Nidoqueen
Lv 49
Thunderbolt
Toxic
Ice Beam
Submission

Grounder - Nidoking
Lv 50
Thrash
Surf
Mega Punch
Earthquake

Roll - Graveler
Lv 43
Strength
Explosion
Rock SLide
Earthquake

Skull - Marowak
Lv 43
Skull Bash
Leer
Bone Club
Thrash

Quaker - Dugtrio
Slash
Double Team
Dig
Cut

Snake - Onix
Lv 49
Rock Throw
Rage
Slam
Harden

Suzume

Fire Fist
Years
Oh noes, everyone is going so fast. :O I'm always really slow with playing through games...

Last time I was about to go challenge Lt. Surge. Well, he was nothing special, and after beating him I went through Rock tunnel. I went to Celadon, fought my way through Team Rocket's hideout, 'saved' Mr. Fuji (thank god all my pokemon had learned more than just normal-type moves by then), got Poke Flute and headed to 12. In there, I captured myself a Snorlax, which was of course pretty hard, since it kept resting all the time. After the capture, I trained Snorlax a bit with that route's trainers.

I got to Fuschia City at last, where I went to Safari Zone to find the last missing members to my team. It took a couple of entrance fees before I managed to find them, but the capture went pretty smoothly in both cases. I said goodbye to Pidgeotto and welcomed my new team members, Kangaskhan and Tauros! I took my time training the newbies into same level as the rest of my team, but there was so many trainers that it wasn't much of a problem. When my whole team was on the same level, I finally evolved Pixie into Clefable (since it had already learned Metronome and everything)! I also beat Erica and the rest of the random trainers on Routes 12, 15 and Cycling road, so next thing will be defeating Team Rocket for good.

It would be pretty easy to just teach some really powerful moves to my team trough TMs, but I thought it would give a little more challenge if I could use only one TM per Pokemon. I think I could go on with that, since that one TM already helps a lot. Raticate already has two, but I'll probably make it forget one when it learns Super Fang.

My team:

Totoro (Snorlax, I don't know why I nicknamed it like that :P)
Level 35
Spr_1b_143.png

Body Slam
Amnesia
Rest
Surf

Centaur (Tauros)
Level 35
Spr_1b_128.png

Stomp
Tackle
Tail Whip
Leer

Raticate
Level 35
Spr_1b_020.png

Hyper Fang
Focus Energy
Dig
Thunderbolt

Kanga (Kangaskhan)
Level 35
Spr_1b_115.png

Comet Punch
Rage
Bite
Tail Whip

Pixie (Clefable <3)
Level 35
Spr_1b_036.png

Doubleslap
Metronome
Sing
Psychic

Fearow
Level 35
Spr_1b_022.png

Drill Peck
Fury Attack
Leer
Mirror Move

Tony Montana

Years
Oay, I just started my Johto journey.
I have my first badge and 2 pkmn. Chose Chilorita because I have a type advantage against Rival's Cyndaquil.

Team so far:

Roll - Geodude
Lv 16
Tackle
Defense Curl
Rock Throw
Magnitude

Glenn - Wooper
Lv 6 (recently caught)
Water Gun
Tail Whip

Planned Team:
Graveler
Quagsire
Pilowsine
Nidoqueen/Donphan
Nidoking

Ikwaylx

Years
Mortifying Morty

My journey caught the eyes of the Squirtbottle. This bottle gave me the key to getting rid of the 'tree' nearby. Upon squirting said tree, it was revealed to be Sudowoodoo! Ahhh! You mensch, I proceeded to destroy it quickly.
After Sudowoodo, I defeated all the trainers I didn't defeat beforehand and headed up to Ecruteak city.
When in Ecruteak, the first thing I did was challenge the Kimono girls to a rough housing. I won easily, even Espeon!
I recieved surf and taught it to Wranthor for future purposes, my team was becoming slightly more developed!
I found my rival, GERALD in the Burned Tower. He mocked me for having a weak team and complaining about how much of a weakling I am! That made me mad, so I proceeded to berrate him.. With my fists! During this battle, Muscle evolveld! He's now a sexy Machoke.

Now, as for Morty, pff, it could've been worse. I taught Dig to Muscle and used it as much as I could. When I couldn't use dig, I used a combination of Foresight and Seismic Toss. It would've been worse if Foresight wasn't introduced in the 2nd generation...

Now Morty! I'll let the video do the talking as it's pretty straight forward. The only bad part is that Muscle disobeyed me on one turn.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9xOW5auLdb4
IN WIDESCREEN!

Next, I exited Ecruteak and traveled along route 38 and 39, laughing at all the trainers along the way. When I reached Olivine, I came accross Gerald, who continued to mock me and other people for having a heart. That monster! I'll punch him so hard..!
Anyway, I got strength and taught it to Hercule, replacing Horn Attack. I then surfed over to Cianwood, catching a Tentaslave along the way for my whirly, waterfally needs.

Current Team:
gbs214.gif

Hercule
Level 32
HP: 103
Strength
Fury Cutter
Counter
Endure
Highest Stat: Attack - 95
Lowest Stat: Spc Atk - 47

Spr_2s_067.png

Muscle
Level 32
HP: 108
Karate Chop
Foresight
Seismic Toss
Dig
Highest Stat: Attack - 77
Lowest Stat: Speed - 43

I love the Silver Machoke sprite, it looks so much more like a primate. It feels different but it looks awesome.

Next segment will be when I save Amphy from certain death!

Tony Montana

Years
Well made A LOT more progress in Johto.

I beat Bugst with roll (thrashed him with Rock Throw) and beat Whitney (Glenn Destroyed her pokemon with ease). Now Im about to challenge Morty.

Team

Glenn - Quagsire
Lv 24
Surf
Amnesia
Slam
Ice Punch

Roll - Graveler
Lv 27
Selfdestruct
Defense Curl
Rock Throw
Magnitude

Well, that's all for now. Later.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
By the way, Myzou, how did you get the VBA link to work with a Game boy colour game?

It always does o.O

You just have to connect the right games. (I.E. G/B/C can't link with R/B/Y until after you get time machine :P)

Ikwaylx

Years
It always does o.O

You just have to connect the right games. (I.E. G/B/C can't link with R/B/Y until after you get time machine :P)
I might need to PM you about this, I want a Machamp but I don't want to start my game over :O

Anyway, I'm working on Chuck at the moment, so expect a blogging later on.

Tony Montana

Years
I might need to PM you about this, I want a Machamp but I don't want to start my game over :O

Anyway, I'm working on Chuck at the moment, so expect a blogging later on.

I'd also need help with this, as Id like to evolve Onix, and I need Metal Coat and Trading (I can get Metal Coat from Magnemites) and also have a Golem.

I tried this morning with Blue and Yellow but I couldnt.

Oh and Btw I beat Morty, Chuck and Jasmine

Morty

Roll could get the job done with Gastly and Haunters, as Magnitude affect them in this game, but I sent Glenn to battle Gengar so that Roll want hurt by Curse.
He put me to sleep but I healed it with Full Heal. Then I surfed him to DEATH.

Chuck
As almost ALL of my pokemon were Rock-Type, his Poliwrath OHKOd them with Surf. Primeape wasnt hard to beat, as he went down with two Magnitudes form Roll. Glenn made a hard effort and Kod him after several Slam Attacks (with many Full Heals and Super/Hyper Potions).

Jasmine
There is NO WAY to lose to her, just like Sabrina. Roll KOd Magnemite and Glenn OHKOd Steelix and 2HKOd Magnemite with Surf. Wasnt a challenge.

Well, Im now trying to get a metal coat (and some help on how to get the emulator to trade) so Rocky (Onix) evolves into Steelix.

Team
075.gif

Roll - Lv 29
Selfdestruct
Defense Curl
Rock Throw
Magnitude

095.gif

Rocky - Lv 23
Strength
Screech
Rock Throw