• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Jerme

stupid
Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2010
mmm... I don't like this hackrom, because the palettes aren't changed, the tree tiles are horribles, and I dont' like the house. i suggest you to use revamped tiles or 3d style... and use trees with 5/6 green palettes and 2/3 brown palettes. you can do better ^^

3D style on GBA? you are crazy

mickey43

Mickey
Years
I have a few questions.

What do you mean by revovated episodes?

and when you reach beta 5.0 will you be starting the Johto episodes?

on a side note it is an awesome hack, huge fan ;)

Years
you shouldn't write things that aren't related with the post. ^^"
I'm saying that I like 3d style, as HG SS. ò.o

There's... This kinda thing's been discussed. Having HGSS tiles isn't original or anything- if you don't like the hack purely because of the tiles, that's... Kind of stupid.
Also, 3D Style in a hack looks awful. It's not as if it actually looks 3D, the bottom of buildings and such just look smaller, which isn't good on a GBA hack. There's a reason Nintendo didn't ever have 3D-style tiles.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
If you haven't figured out what you're going to do for the following question, that is all right. For the Orange Islands part of the hack, are you going to include the events at the gyms that Ash did before his battles? For example, the wave race.

I haven't thought about it too much, but I'd like to do something like that.

That's pretty cute script =D I really like it =)

Thanks! :)

mmm... I don't like this hackrom, because the palettes aren't changed, the tree tiles are horribles, and I dont' like the house. i suggest you to use revamped tiles or 3d style... and use trees with 5/6 green palettes and 2/3 brown palettes. you can do better ^^

I won't be doing 3-D style. I'm intentionally keeping the 2-Dish style because it's a hack based on the anime. In fact, I wouldn't mind having tiles that were a bit more cartoony so that it feels more like the anime. Sorry you don't like the trees or the house.

I have a few questions.

What do you mean by revovated episodes?

and when you reach beta 5.0 will you be starting the Johto episodes?

on a side note it is an awesome hack, huge fan ;)

The renovated episodes are everything that I'm redoing. I applied JPAN's hacked Fire Red engine to the hack, which caused all the scripts from the original game to be lost - only my original script were still in the game. So I have to re-script everything that I left in there from the original Fire Red. Also, I'm updating all of the episodes and events. They will all have Pokémon sprites from HG/SS and the events will be even more accurate to the anime than in the current Beta.

I won't be doing Johto, as I won't have enough room. I have an idea for how the hack can be carried over into Johto, but I'm nowhere near close enough to even be worrying about it.

Thanks for the support. :)

Jerme

stupid
Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2010
what kind of side activities will there be? as in pokemon contest, but this is fr/lg, where they don't exist

pokemonlover493

Trainer
Years
How do I challenge Brock? I faced him once and I lost, but now he is saying to challenge him when I get stronger. Do I have to do something? Do I have to level up my pidgeotto, pikachu, and butterfree, or is there a certain event I have do?

LassLaura

Pikachu Ga Gotoku
Years
How do I challenge Brock? I faced him once and I lost, but now he is saying to challenge him when I get stronger. Do I have to do something? Do I have to level up my pidgeotto, pikachu, and butterfree, or is there a certain event I have do?
See

Happened to me too :P
Go to the bottom right of pewter and there will be a house by the lake, get in and some guy gives you Light Ball [Yey!] Fight him again, This time he has Geodude too, But with the light ball i Took them out easily
If you had gone back one page you would've found the answer...

Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2023
Just started playing the game and I found a glitch. I don't know if it's been reported or not, so I'll just post it.
After you wake up and find that you are late to getting your first pokemon in beta 2.1, if you talk to the TV, it says that a pokemon league match has just ended. Then the game freezes but the backround music still plays.

Jerme

stupid
Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2010
Just started playing the game and I found a glitch. I don't know if it's been reported or not, so I'll just post it.
After you wake up and find that you are late to getting your first pokemon in beta 2.1, if you talk to the TV, it says that a pokemon league match has just ended. Then the game freezes but the backround music still plays.

yea i pointed that out. it's both of the TVs in your house that freeze, not any TV. and they only freeze after you wake up from that drea.m

Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2011
To Ash493

1. Yeah..Following
2. I dont think your the creator of the game, so I'll ask when it will be released as I please
3. Oh course buying hacks is illegal..gtfo commenting back, it was addressed to metapod

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years
to guy above

1. no...not following...impossible
2. that's ok, asking for release dates is against the rules
3. yes it is, you gtfo for being a meanie :<
4. nobody cares

Ashdejan

TheForbiddenBeast
Years
I am playing this game for a while and i have a problem where can i get a bike ????
Edit: @metapod23 Are you really gonna do 2 movie's?

Last edited:

Ashdejan

TheForbiddenBeast
Years
Edit:Found out
Edit#2:What am i supposed to do to Jigglypuff after Neon City and where does 2.1 beta end?

Last edited:
Back