• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Year of Gaming - Week #11: Simon - The Most Anticipated Game In YOG

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years

tWS7Y3h.jpg

Simon
- Week #11 -
Think you have what it takes to be PokeCommunity's best gamer? Prove yourself in PC's Year of Gaming Challenges! Each week a new game will be picked to see who has what it takes to get the highest score in a game ranging from old school to current modern classics. The people with the top 3 scores will be given emblems due to their abilities. At the end of the Year of Gaming, the top 3 overall performers will get unique emblems as well. If you have a recommendation on what we should play next, send me a VM/PM and we'll see what we can do!

mqdefault.jpg
"The device has four colored buttons, each producing a particular tone when it is pressed or activated by the device. A round in the game consists of the device lighting up one or more buttons in a random order, after which the player must reproduce that order by pressing the buttons. As the game progresses, the number of buttons to be pressed increases."
Rules

✪. You can access the game via the link provided here.
http://www.freesimon.org/

✪. After your game is officially over, take a screenshot of your score and comment below with said screenshot. This is how you enter into this challenge. I will take your highest score as your entry.

✪. You have an unlimited amount of tries to get the greatest score. However, only the top 3 scoring members will obtain an emblem.

✪. You have one week to participate in this challenge, meaning the last date to send an entry will be August 30th, 11:59 PM ET.
Emblem

votUTTO.png
Standings
1. O'aka XXIII - 33
2. Lord Scalgon - 31
3. Oryx - 30
4. Juno - 25
5. USC Yuuka - 24
6. Kokoro - 15

Year of Gaming Universal Standings
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Year of Gaming Hall of Fame
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
WkICOHo.png

I guess I won't know if this is good until some more people come in, but this is super hard to play on my laptop because my mousepad sucks so I hope it's not blocked at work tomorrow!

Lord Scalgon

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
Years
freesimon.jpg

After round 21, the difficulty goes bonkers insane. Unless you somehow have a good memory, you won't last long.

Well, then.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I think the trick I'm discovering is to ignore the pattern on the screen once you have it memorized at your own rhythm and only remember the new one so it become muscle memory.

rkb7rJi.png

Lord Scalgon

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
Years
I think the trick I'm discovering is to ignore the pattern on the screen once you have it memorized at your own rhythm and only remember the new one so it become muscle memory.

Which is pretty much what I followed for the most part after round 20. Fortunately enough, I had the first 20 down (albeit I forget how that ordered sequence went as of the time I'm typing this), and I guess I was just lucky in the next set of 10 because it was actually easy to remember. I had 4 greens, then 1 red, then 4 yellows, and then 1 blue. Lost at round 32 because of a mistap (from tapping red instead of blue), though...but eh, things don't last long.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
Okay, everyone's scores have been updated! As of now, Lord Scalgon (31), Oryx (30), and Juno (25) lead the pack! Plenty of time for everyone though, best of luck!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Last minute score to tie for third. Technically 15 minutes late, but eh. c:

DIyD0Gx.png

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
Sorry Juno, you were too late! Winners of this week are O'aka XXIII, Lord Scalgon, and Oryx! Tune in very soon for the next challenge!

...and that awkward moment when you notice Week #10 was written instead of Week #11, shame on me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back