• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Game Logic

buriat

Buriat The Thief
Years
"There's a tank outside! Let me just stare at it while it is aiming at me!"

*tank fires, character gets blown back, not even a scratch*

*cough* FPS GAMES. *cough*

"Oh no! Clara got shot to the shoulder and died! I gotta kill these guys!"

*Aiden Pearce gets shot in the face and body multiple times and still lives, killing them all*

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Speaking of ledges:

wpid-ymyzdg21.jpg

Also more Pokemon logic - why can't I run without running shoes? What kind of shoes am I wearing in the first place anyway, loafers? I'm ten years old, why aren't I already wearing running shoes?

Yukari

So, you're telling me an organized religion was created, and at the same time a string of sadistic, ritualized murders started.

Those two can't possibly be related.

-Ultima 7
Stripping is the best way how to defeat vampires.
~Akiba's Trip

Less clothes you have, more sexy powerful you are.
~Senran Kagura

Not sure if it's VG Logic or just Japanese...
D:

...What game is this?

Sir Codin

So I storm the Gerudo fortress and find an empty cell, right? Well, ****, I got caught. Wait, you're not locking me in the empty cell? Instead you're throwing me into a big empty room with a wooden window and you didn't take my hookshot? Hell, you didn't even take my sword! Or that bow that I've been using to shoot arrows at you guys. Hello, ever hear of searching? I'm a red-blooded Hylian male and you're a bunch of dark-skinned hotties, are you sure I won't mind? Hello? Still got the hookshot here! Wow, these guards are hot, but they're dumber than a sack of hammers. And I thought the Hyrule Castle guards were dumb.

- Ocarina of Time

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
I'll walk into this nice family's house and take all their stuff.

There's literally nothing wrong with that!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
"Oh, no, this really slow walker is stumbling towards us, let's all stand here making scared faces at each other and wait for it to catch up before attempting to run."

I understand if there's like a ton of them coming in all directions, but so many of the character deaths in The Walking Dead (and a ton of other zombie apocalypse games that feature slow-walking zombies) could have been prevented simply by running in the direction they aren't in. Hell, you don't even have to run. Have you seen how slow those things move? A brisk walk is enough to get away from one.

Related, I remember in season 1 episode 2 of TWD game, they found a walker eating a rabbit or something. How did the walker catch a rabbit?

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
The Walking Dead (show, comic, and game) has some shaky logic at times. :P

I hate games that establish your character's abilities but do not allow you to actually use them. If a game cutscene shows me running on the wall or throwing guys off a cliff, then I should generally be able to do SIMILAR things in the actual gameplay. If my guy just walks, sprints, and shoots people, then that does not follow the established idea of said character in my head.

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
When I played skyrim in the past: kill other monsters and nobody bats an eye, kill a chicken and everyone loses their minds!

Something Pokemon related:
A sleeping/frozen roaming legendary can still flee from battle and travel around.

Back