• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

cos bzzwhoooom fast

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Posting this here because I'm going to start working on making a new team (for forum activity too), so I would like to see if this team could be better. Note that this was made a few months ago, so excuse the short descriptions as I don't remember much of the team building. Here is my first (serious) team for 5th gen (even though it looks very 4th gen):

Ani392MS.png
Ani212MS.png
Ani121MS.png
Ani286MS.png
Ani642MS.png
Ani248MS.png

392.gif
@ Choice Band
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Mach Punch

While looking through Pokemon analyses, I became interested in using CB Infernape due to his high power and ability to scout (it also lures in Latios which is nice), and also can use a powered up Mach Punch. After choosing Infernape, I knew that it could force switches very well due to it's powerful moves and U-turn. I decided then that this team would be based on momentum, trying to get ahead of the opponent (have more control of the battle) by forcing switches and using U-turn.

212.gif
@ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

I chose Scizor because it learns U-turn for extra momentum and can switch into Starmie, Latios, and such from the Pokemon that Infernape lures in. Scizor also has nice type synergy with Infernape. (I did choose Scizor for a threat that I no longer remember too.)

121.gif
@ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

I kind of forgot why I chose Starmie, but I believe it was to Rapid Spin entry hazards since my team takes quite a beating from all of them when stacked. Starmie has nice coverage as well, so it can threaten many Pokemon.

286.gif
@ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Spore
- Superpower
- Seed Bomb
- Facade

Breloom for some reason that I also don't remember! However, it can usually guarantee that one Pokemon will be removed for the match thanks to Spore. It has nice defensive synergy with Infernape and Starmie forming the GFW core.

642.gif
@ Life Orb
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Okay...I don't remember why I chose Thundurus either. Taunt + Thunder Wave helps force switches and stop set up sweepers. Thundurus is very useful, however I find it annoying to have Tyranitar's SS and SR wearing it down constantly...

248.gif
@ Lum Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 180 SAtk / 76 SDef / 4 Spd
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam

Tyranitar is here to set up SR, switch into Hurricanes (the move...), change the weather, and defeat those annoying Sigilyph ugh. Since Tyranitar is my SR user, I usually lead with it.

As for threats, rain is very annoying for me so I've been thinking of ways I could cover better for it. However, most of the (few) changes I did made the team worse. Conkeldurr can be difficult to beat as well, so I might give Starmie Psychic.

Credit to Vrai for the title inspiration. zoom zoom zoom

Years
Maybe something: Though I've not used it myself, I think Azumarill works well to punish rain teams, and fits in well with the team theme of speed with his devastating STAB+Rain+Priority Aqua Jet, and Superpower and Ice Punch do well to punish most other threats on rain teams? Someone, please correct me if I'm way off base, as I said, I've never used the blue mouse, and I've only seen it used once (as it throttled a team of mine into the ground).

Don't know what you'd replace with it. Maybe Thundurus, though I would understand the hesitancy to run a pair of Waters, in spite of it typically being a good typing and your pretty good coverage against what would punish Water types.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Maybe something: Though I've not used it myself, I think Azumarill works well to punish rain teams, and fits in well with the team theme of speed with his devastating STAB+Rain+Priority Aqua Jet, and Superpower and Ice Punch do well to punish most other threats on rain teams? Someone, please correct me if I'm way off base, as I said, I've never used the blue mouse, and I've only seen it used once (as it throttled a team of mine into the ground).

Don't know what you'd replace with it. Maybe Thundurus, though I would understand the hesitancy to run a pair of Waters, in spite of it typically being a good typing and your pretty good coverage against what would punish Water types.
hmm, i'll consider testing that, thanks for the comment! it will help with excadrill, since my thundurus moveset gives it many chances to switch in (though i could probably just use hammer arm / focus blast).

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Keep an eye on your Infernape with Tyranitar's Sand Stream going on. It will make a significant dent in Infernape's HP (more so if you're using the Life Orb).

I mean, if you're going for a deliberate, passive way of getting Infernape's HP down to activate Blaze, then that's one thing. Just be careful, because if you are than you might want to consider a Fire type move other than Flare Blitz. Cause it'll destroy Infernape.

I like your Scizor! Just remember that it also has great supporting potential as it has three stat boosting choices. So you may want to try:

212.gif
@ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 110 Defense / 146 Speed
- Iron Defense / Agility / Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- Roost
- Bullet Punch / X-Scissor / Iron Head

That is just one among many options for Scizor. Having a priority move like Bullet Punch is great, but X-Scissor and Iron Head are the primary STAB attacks. (Moreover X-Scissor if you have Swarm)

Above all else, I suggest having Roost. It'll really make your Scizor nice and bulky and give you a chance against special sweepers.

Good luck!

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
212.gif
@ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 110 Defense / 146 Speed
- Iron Defense / Agility / Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- Roost
- Bullet Punch / X-Scissor / Iron Head

Actually, with Technician, Bug Bite has more base power than X-Scissor iirc. Scizor's... not a -fantastic- Baton Passer especially since two of its main switch-ins (Gyarados and Skarmory) will just Whirlwind/Roar the boosts away anyway. CB Scizor, I think, suits Wolflare's team a little more since it's got the hit and run factor and gives him a solid revenger.

I would actually suggest running a TR Reuniclus > Starmie. It'd solve your slight Conkeldurr issue easy, and the TR aspect would let you be able to turn offense on its heels (including rain!). It does however including losing a Water resist... but it's not like Starmie was that bulky to begin with. ;;

I also like the Azumarill suggestion, though I'd also consider replacing Breloom as well as Thundurus for it. Both seem like they're... well, they're there and for not much else reason than to just be there. yeah i know i just butchered that statement's grammar but i'm too lazy to fix it

Back