• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maarton

Johto Master
Years
Pokemon Platinum Back Sprites

Hello!

I have one simple question that i am sure some of you guys can answer for me.

How do you change the BACK sprites of pokemon? I have not made 15 posts yet so i cant give you an example.

I know its possible in some way, but how?

I have found where all the sprites are in CrystalTile2, poketool/pokegra/pokegra.narc

What to do next?

Thanks in advance!

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
how do you find the platelet offsets for the overworlds in overworldeditor it dosent tel you :l
I think it tells you in advanced mode. If not you'll just have to export the Sprite palettes with VBA, load them in APE and search for them. You could also try looking for the offsets in the .ini files for OWE.

yes thank you, i got that much on my own. the main question was about the second "freeze" as you put it. its not a freeze though.
completely different. image crash.

can tile set changes crash the rom? and if not does any one know why my rom image crashed (the second time)
Yeah it can. Its happened to me at least. It must be something to do with how AdvanceMap searches for free space. Try inserting them at a place with plenty of free space.

how do you insert an entirley new building into tileset 0
i can insert into the specific tilesets fine but editing the first tileset is not working, and the buildings tiles are all jumbled up nd i can't find any when i want to build the maps
i need to know cuz i want to inert a hg/ss pokemon center
if u dont get what im saying ill try to explain it a little clearer
i want to insert this

e6y6i1.png

into tileset 0
i can't manage to do it properly
but the pallete is already edited for the pokemon center, os no trouble there

credits for the image goes to C.N.C
You need to edit all the blocks to use the new tiles. Try reading some tutorials.

hey again, could anyone please tell me how to make it so the introduction of pokemon firered doesn't have any music playing? I need to know for the part where it says "in the world you have entered" or whatever it says with the pikachu in the corner, and when you're talking to Prof. Oak. thanks.
No idea I'm afraid. I don't think it'd be easy (finding out how to do it anyway). If you're really desperate you could replace that track with blank music.

Probably stupid, but i added tiles to the blank spaces in elitemap's tileset, and it worked fine in elitemap, but not the rom. Now i'm trying in advancedmap and once more i can't figure out how to add the tiles.

Can anyone tell me how to add edited tiles to elitemap or advancedmap?

I've tried the block editor but i have no clue how to make it work.

Also, i've noticed in UNlz, when i look through the pokemon files, the backsprites are all shiny, and the normal ones aren't. I can't find the normal backsprites or the shiny regular sprites anywhere. This makes me hesitate to switch them out.

In a nutshell, do i just need to make a shiny backsprite and a normal battle sprite, and the game will pallete swap the rest? or am i missing something entirely here?
Try reading some tutorials on how to insert tiles.

All you need to do is replace the sprite itself when you "switch them out". The game reads the palette for shiny pokemon (front sprite and backsprite) from the palette associated with the corresponding back sprite and the palette for normal pokemon from the palette associated with the front sprite.

Hi I have some Hex editing questions...
I started trying out ROM hacking about 2 or 3 days ago (using Pokemon Gold GBC), I started using Hex yesterday - i have Translhextion.

I have managed to edit Bulbasaur's evolution data in Translhextion by finding where the evolution data starts and editing Bulbasaur. However this is easy as Bulbasaur is the first pokemon so the data is right there at the very start of the evolution data.

What I want to do is to go to specific Pokemon in the Evolution Data. For example I want to make it so that Kadabra evolves at a Level instead of by trading. I know how to do this when i get to his data but i don't know how to get there. There must be an easier way than to count through the 00's at the end of the evolution sequences until i count the number that is Kadabras pokedex number?
Can someone help me out??

I also managed to edit Youngster JOEY in Hex by searching his name and it took me straight to his trainer battle data. Now, I want to edit your Pokemon Gold Rival as well but I don't know what to search for to find his trainer/battle data. When i search RIVAL and similar things it finds nothing.....
Anyone know how to do this??

All help greatly appreciated
Thanks
I wouldn't rely on counting the 00s it'd be pretty easy to trip up. Find out the structure of the pokemon data and then count up to the ones you need. There really isn't an easier way. Thats why people use tools (well not the only reason).

In FR the rival's name as it appears in the trainer data is TERRY (no idea why). Just scroll through the trainer data and see if there is a name that occurs multiple times. Chances are that'll be the rival.
Hello!

I have one simple question that i am sure some of you guys can answer for me.

How do you change the BACK sprites of pokemon? I have not made 15 posts yet so i cant give you an example.

I know its possible in some way, but how?

I have found where all the sprites are in CrystalTile2, poketool/pokegra/pokegra.narc

What to do next?

Thanks in advance!
Try looking through the old D/P/Pt hacking thread. I remember seeing a tool that could replace sprites.

Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2023
thanks thrace. I was worried for a minute there.

But now i have another question. When i went into APA and tried to change a palette, it gave me the message "It is not safe to replace this palette." Any idea what it's about or how i can fix it?

Years
This has most likely been asked yet I could not find it by searching in this thread.

How do i edit movement in FR when Professor Oak stops you infront of the grass? I know movement is probably universal... But I'm completely new to this and I dont even know how to use a script editor lol.

I've noticed that 2D is face down, 2E is face up, etc. But i dont know compiling and also why theres about 4 sets of movements in the script. :s

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
thanks thrace. I was worried for a minute there.

But now i have another question. When i went into APA and tried to change a palette, it gave me the message "It is not safe to replace this palette." Any idea what it's about or how i can fix it?
APA? You mean APE right? Not sure why that'd be, I've personally never had that problem. Might be because APE thinks you're trying to edit something that isn't a palette? Try PMing HackMew (he created APE).

This has most likely been asked yet I could not find it by searching in this thread.

How do i edit movement in FR when Professor Oak stops you infront of the grass? I know movement is probably universal... But I'm completely new to this and I dont even know how to use a script editor lol.

I've noticed that 2D is face down, 2E is face up, etc. But i dont know compiling and also why theres about 4 sets of movements in the script. :s
You need to read some tutorials. You can't expecting to dive straight into scripting without knowing the fundamentals.

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Hi I have some Hex editing questions...
I started trying out ROM hacking about 2 or 3 days ago (using Pokemon Gold GBC), I started using Hex yesterday - i have Translhextion.

I have managed to edit Bulbasaur's evolution data in Translhextion by finding where the evolution data starts and editing Bulbasaur. However this is easy as Bulbasaur is the first pokemon so the data is right there at the very start of the evolution data.

What I want to do is to go to specific Pokemon in the Evolution Data. For example I want to make it so that Kadabra evolves at a Level instead of by trading. I know how to do this when i get to his data but i don't know how to get there. There must be an easier way than to count through the 00's at the end of the evolution sequences until i count the number that is Kadabras pokedex number?
Can someone help me out??
This has been discussed before. You can avoid cycling through trainers by determining exactly what the bytes must be and searching for them.
I also managed to edit Youngster JOEY in Hex by searching his name and it took me straight to his trainer battle data. Now, I want to edit your Pokemon Gold Rival as well but I don't know what to search for to find his trainer/battle data. When i search RIVAL and similar things it finds nothing.....
Anyone know how to do this??
The rival's name, which is variable, is represented by its own special character: 0xE6.

Aside from searching for E6 50, the location can be found using another way. Silver is his own trainer class (actually two of them, 09 and 2A). The list beginning at offset 3993E consists of pointers to the first trainer of every class. Therefore, Silver's trainer data are located at the destination of the pointers at (0x3993E + 2 × [0x9 − 1]) and (0x3993E + 2 × [0x2A − 1]).

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2016
Originally Posted by yusufs1
how do you insert an entirley new building into tileset 0
i can insert into the specific tilesets fine but editing the first tileset is not working, and the buildings tiles are all jumbled up nd i can't find any when i want to build the maps
i need to know cuz i want to inert a hg/ss pokemon center
if u dont get what im saying ill try to explain it a little clearer
i want to insert this

e6y6i1.png

into tileset 0
i can't manage to do it properly
but the pallete is already edited for the pokemon center, os no trouble there

credits for the image goes to C.N.C

Originally Posted by Thrace
You need to edit all the blocks to use the new tiles. Try reading some tutorials.

yeah but most tutorials focus on editing like one tile at a time, not an entire building.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
yeah but most tutorials focus on editing like one tile at a time, not an entire building.

... Yeah, you do that to make the building... Buildings are made up of tiles... Check out the new tut in the Doc and Tut section, for more help. It is easy to understand. Link: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=193377

Sanyco: Try searching for a Tutorial, i think you need to search in Tile molester... Not too sure. Look through unlz or Tile Molester... Ruby is different to Firered... Use Tile Molester.

Cello

Tonight!
Years

... Yeah, you do that to make the building... Buildings are made up of tiles... Check out the new tut in the Doc and Tut section, for more help. It is easy to understand. Link: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=193377

Sanyco: Try searching for a Tutorial, i think you need to search in Tile molester... Not too sure. Look through unlz or Tile Molester... Ruby is different to Firered... Use Tile Molester.

Like Banjora said, that's what you have to do in order to insert the house. You have to chop it up into 16x16 tiles.

Also, please change the white and pink background into one solid color. The transparent color can only be one color.

Hope all goes well for you! :)

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
I think it tells you in advanced mode. If not you'll just have to export the Sprite palettes with VBA, load them in APE and search for them. You could also try looking for the offsets in the .ini files for OWE.
1) It tels you the sprites ofset not the platlet offset
2)how do I export platettes with vba
3)it only tels you the banks

Cello

Tonight!
Years
I know how to do that and I dont want the back round I want the sprite ;l

Oh I see.

The sprite's palette is actually mixed in the background palette somewhere, which is annoying because that means you have to keep a sharp eye out for matching colors.

I have a example attached of oaks palette mixed in the background palette.
The bad thing is that when you save the palette all of those other colors get mixed in too. :(

Just look for 2 rows of colors that match your sprite.
I have oak's palette circled in red. The blue arrow is pointing to the teal blue color, which usually indicates the start of a sprite palette like that.

I wish I could help more, but that's about all I can do as of now for ya. D:

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
Years
I'm retarded. Lol
But seeing as how you guys can't help me with that, how do I open AdvMap Editor? Do I need Winzip to Unzip it? Can I get Winzip for somewhere for free? Thanks! All the tutorials I find are always fragmented, and never take into account the level of inexperience the person watching might be at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back