• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Maybe it's hinting at the Hoenn remakes that we, especially those of us frequenting the RSE Remake Speculation Thread on this site, all want?

I don't know, to me one evolution of a 3rd gen Pokemon that is only rumored ,doesn't really hint at a RSE remake. Though this is an interesting speculation and I know there's lots of possible hints that we might be getting a remake in the future. I definitely want one too, cause Gen III has to be my favorite generation.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Its not even proof it's even getting an evo or anything, it could just be that Sabelye has some sort of role in the film's story. Im not ruling out an evo, but that dosent nessesarily mean it evolves in the movie. I dont see it as a real hint to RSE remakes, which even if they are to be made, won't be for quite a while, considering X and Y havent even been released yet.

Years
you know, i think Lt. surge gonna return this generation.
in pokemon heart gold and soul silver for a normal pikachu he will give you a french one, also its known to us he partiipated in a war, and france is country that in the past had a fight(and you even can call it war) against the kingdom. maybe the new region had some war in the past also and this is the war that Lt. surge participate

what do you think?

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Yesh first talk about the third version and now remakes coming out...I think we're getting ahead of ourselves here xD

I just hope Kanto's lines don't hug the spot light, which really should belong to gen 6's natives.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
If anything Mewtwo getting a new Form screams Gen 1 reremake over Hoenn Remake. I mean how many times did people say there was concrete proof that we'd get RSE remakes in 5th Gen? Did we? Nope, which means more than half of the remake thread speculation was sheer coincidence and nothing more.

I keep hearing a rumor that the Sableye belongs to one of the heros. So it may be there because it belongs to Ash, Cilan or Iris. It may even bee the new guy's Pokemon. The blond with the Blue and Green badge from the new video.

Years
If anything Mewtwo getting a new Form screams Gen 1 reremake over Hoenn Remake. I mean how many times did people say there was concrete proof that we'd get RSE remakes in 5th Gen? Did we? Nope, which means more than half of the remake thread speculation was sheer coincidence and nothing more.

I keep hearing a rumor that the Sableye belongs to one of the heros. So it may be there because it belongs to Ash, Cilan or Iris. It may even bee the new guy's Pokemon. The blond with the Blue and Green badge from the new video.
which sableye you are talking about? it seems to me that you are refer to trailer(tell me if i'm wrong) but i didn't saw one in the new trailer, can tell me more about these?

if one of the main characters in the anime will get a sableye i'm 100% sure it will get an evolution(like what happend to ash' aipom and gligar), but it seemes weird to me because usually the main charcters in the anime don't get those pokemon with the shady aura

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years

A Gen 1 re-remake or a Gen 3 remake would make more sense in Gen VI than Gen V because of the time periods. FR/LG took place in the same timeline as R/S/E, and HG/SS took place at the same timeline as D/P/Pt. Mewtwo's new forme pretty much hinted that XY is going to take place in the same timeline as FR/LG/R/S/E. A Gen 3 remake in Gen V would make little sense since Gen V is set years after the events of all four previous gens.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
A Gen 1 re-remake or a Gen 3 remake would make more sense in Gen VI than Gen V because of the time periods. FR/LG took place in the same timeline as R/S/E, and HG/SS took place at the same timeline as D/P/Pt. Mewtwo's new forme pretty much hinted that XY is going to take place in the same timeline as FR/LG/R/S/E. A Gen 3 remake in Gen V would make little sense since Gen V is set years after the events of all four previous gens.

Not really. It was said mewtwo discovered this form after traveling the world which happens well after Gens 1 and 3. Possibly after Gens 2 and 4 as well. If placed on the time line Gen 6 has a chance of being after Gen 5. Its not the same as one getting a new form in the same generation so 6 has a chance of being well after 1 and 3 with Mewtwo having traveled and everything to discover his true power.

Years
I'm hoping it takes place during B2W2, and Gen 7 during BW to add something else to those time periods.
Anyways back on topic, when do you guys think we'll see our first native (non- mascot/starter) gen 6 Pokémon?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Not really. It was said mewtwo discovered this form after traveling the world which happens well after Gens 1 and 3. Possibly after Gens 2 and 4 as well. If placed on the time line Gen 6 has a chance of being after Gen 5. Its not the same as one getting a new form in the same generation so 6 has a chance of being well after 1 and 3 with Mewtwo having traveled and everything to discover his true power.
If you were to place generations on a timeline, they still happen in order. Analysis: each generation has an updated National Dex using every previously discovered Pokémon. You think a Professor in Sinnoh would keep findings from a Professor in Kanto? No!

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
If you were to place generations on a timeline, they still happen in order. Analysis: each generation has an updated National Dex using every previously discovered Pokémon. You think a Professor in Sinnoh would keep findings from a Professor in Kanto? No!

Cyclone

And the remakes have updated Pokedexes with newer Pokemon in it too so your point is moot. Gen 2 remakes had 2 Gen 4 Pokemon in it which did not exist before. The only Pokemon with evolutions in Gen 4 that appeared without them in the remakes were the special Stone and location Pokemon. Seeing as both the locations and stones were not native to the region, it would not have been in their pokedex.

So no the games do NOT go in any sort of order other than what is written in their internal timelines which start with Kanto (and hoenn based on most common Canon lineage) into Johto and Sinnoh, into Unova then two years later in an updated Unova. Based on the Unovan Pokemon appearing in Gen 6 it stands to reason that it is either after Unova or at the same time as one of the two separate stories.

The Pokedexes update based on how the Pokemon evolves and what Pokemon are available. If the Pokemon is not native to that region then no they would not appear in that region's Pokedex. If they evolve by an item exclusive to a region introduced later then the chance of it appearing when the older region is reintroduced is slim to none as shown by Eevee in both FR/LG and HG/SS.

If there are Gens 1 and 3 remakes Sylveon, Glaceon, and Leafeon would not appear in either while Espeon and Umbreon most likely would be excluded from the Kanto remake yet again. Same with any Pokemon that evolves in Gen 6. Say Sableye evolves, if by item or new stone, then that evolution most likely will not appear when they remake Gen 3 games because that item is not native to Gen 3.

Mewtwo has traveled, had his own adventures and thanks to many encounters and run ins discovered a power that lay dormant within him. A Power that he now has access to. That in itself shows that it is possible that Gen 6 is well after Gen 1 and by association Gen 2.

While I can't say I know everything GF does, I can take a good stab in the dark and say that redundancy isn't a good business move. There's already a gen 1 re-make, they still exist, they haven't been destroyed, etc. No reason to focus on a "reremake".

I'm honestly just thinking Mewtwo's new form just emphasizes on X/Y's focus on genetics, y'know? That's just me, though.

That is what he is there to emphasize. My point for posting is basically to tell people that Mewtwo being there has absolutely NOTHING to do with Gen 3 remakes. There have been talks about Mewtwo being a possible hint to remakes...sylveon too...neither have anything to do with Gen 3. Both are related to Gen 1 Pokemon so if anything they'd hint a Gen 1 remake not Gen 3.

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
And the remakes have updated Pokedexes with newer Pokemon in it too so your point is moot. Gen 2 remakes had 2 Gen 4 Pokemon in it which did not exist before. The only Pokemon with evolutions in Gen 4 that appeared without them in the remakes were the special Stone and location Pokemon. Seeing as both the locations and stones were not native to the region, it would not have been in their pokedex.
Didn't the later generation revisits take place during a later period in time than the originals, technically? I've always wondered about that. If a Hoenn remake does come along, that would be a timeline screwup of epic proportions according to your theory.

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Didn't the later generation revisits take place during a later period in time than the originals, technically? I've always wondered about that. If a Hoenn remake does come along, that would be a timeline screwup of epic proportions according to your theory.

Cyclone

No the remakes were at the exact same time as the originals. You play the same characters in the same stories. Events of Red/Blue/Green/Yellow are happening at the same time as the events of FR/LG. Events of Gold/Silver/Crystal happen at the same time as HG/SS. Hence why they are called Remakes and not Red 2/Green 2/Gold 2/Silver 2. If they happened outside of the same timeline as the originals we wouldn't have played through the same stories only slightly updated.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
So let me understand here. Because of the fact that Kanto got a Gen. III revisit, and Johto a Gen, IV revisit, you are considering Hoenn and Kanto to occur during the same time period because the Pokémon from Hoenn and Sinnoh exist in the later Johto? What about Sinnoh not appearing in the original Gen. II? The remake came after D/P/P and thus includes Sinnoh; there is no concrete timeline either way regarding these games.

If a Hoenn remake later appears in Generation VI (tie-in to the topic at hand here), then it can be assumed it all took place after the events of the prior five generations; however, then Kanto would have to be brought forward at the same time to maintain trading between those two regions in the later generation. That won't happen.

In other words, we can't plot a proper timeline simply because of these remakes. The ONLY way to do it properly is assume someone lived an identical adventure five years later.

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
So let me understand here. Because of the fact that Kanto got a Gen. III revisit, and Johto a Gen, IV revisit, you are considering Hoenn and Kanto to occur during the same time period because the Pokémon from Hoenn and Sinnoh exist in the later Johto? What about Sinnoh not appearing in the original Gen. II? The remake came after D/P/P and thus includes Sinnoh; there is no concrete timeline either way regarding these games.

If a Hoenn remake later appears in Generation VI (tie-in to the topic at hand here), then it can be assumed it all took place after the events of the prior five generations; however, then Kanto would have to be brought forward at the same time to maintain trading between those two regions in the later generation. That won't happen.

In other words, we can't plot a proper timeline simply because of these remakes. The ONLY way to do it properly is assume someone lived an identical adventure five years later.

Cyclone

Do you even read what is in front of you? MOST COMMONLY ACCEPTED CANON LINEAGE.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/History_of_the_Pokémon_world

There is info in all 5 generations of games that hint to a proper story line. NEVER ONCE did I say its based on Pokedex alone. YOU said that.

There ARE Sinnoh Pokemon in HG/SS. Hoenn and Kanto have info in them that put them around the same time line. The remakes are in the same timeline as the originals. Sinnoh has an opening sequence that puts it at the same time as Johto which also has hints that its after both Kanto and Hoenn storylines. Unova has hints that its after all four previous generations. The games have set up their own storyline. Mewtwo getting a new form in X and Y shows its after the events of Gen 1 and by association all the other generations that can be linked to it.

Read what is posted instead of jumping to conclusions and putting your foot in your mouth.

Gen 6 is most likely after all current past generation games because of Mewtwo.

Red (Character) in Red/Green/Blue/Yellow is the SAME Red in FR/LG. Blue (Rival) is the same Blue in the generation 1 games as well as the Gen 3 remakes.

Gold (Character) is the same Male character in G/S/C as Ethan in HG/SS. Silver is the same rival in all 5 games.

Only Major difference is the female companion who changes. She is added into FR/LG to give girls an alternate choice. If you were a girl playing the original games then Red was Leaf in the original games as the player's gender was more the defining factor for the character they pretended to be. Lyra and Crystal are interchangeable characters who have very similar looks. Lyra simply replaced Crystal if they are not actually the same character just doing the same thing Gold/Ethan did.

Nothing in Gen 6 has even hinted at real remake info. Mewtwo and Sylveon just lean more towards a Gen 1 rehash rather than a Gen 3 rehash. That is the ONLY reason Remakes were brought up.

Let's take the time line discussion to PM if you want to continue.

EDIT: I wanna chime in on next possible release...I hope its a new Gen 6 native as well. We need more Gen 6 hype, no more related to the past stuff for now.

Last edited:

Years
The Mewtwo forme news wore off too fast for me. A new native gen 6 Pokémon at this point will get me hyped for these games again. I want to see the regional birds, bugs, and rodent.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I'm still waiting to see if the France Mythological Animals article (or whatever the title was) that I found at Wikipedia will have something based off of it.

Cyclone

blue

gucci
Years
Anyone seen this?
2j4yby8.jpg

Personally I don't really see it as a connection but I can understand why some people are assuming that Sylveon could possibly be a bug type.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Me neither, that doesn't make me think it's a bug type. It's too cute for that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back