• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon - rebirth "new fan-game needs team"

Pokemon - Rebirth

• ascending innovation = 9

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • inspired = 7

• very interesting = 6

• has potential = 3

• burned to a crisp = 2

• Obliterate = 1

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 37
  • Ohio
  • Seen Aug 6, 2015
I started this project on rpg maker xp however due to time restraint and lack of experience in several areas needed i realize i will need fellow fans to help me make this idea a reality for others to enjoy.

Pokemon - Rebirth is a massive rpg that i will say upfront. it will need a mapper a spriter and script writer, I have already created on a base level 158 new fakemon pen and paper sketched with types not all are named and given dex data though.

the story arch is done but i welcome improvement tweaking and adjustment from a team. the map so far has 14 city's with 16 gym's 8 town's and is designed to allow access to several play throughs offering several alternate paths to follow.

my story so far is that nurse joy does the intro, informing the player that he/she has just awoken from a coma and his parents are dead can now join the pkmn league. nurse joy will give you a trainer card to fill out, male/female (an avatar option of 3 styles for each) your name and age (the events in game will have a over/under 21 aspect changing the experience slightly)

I have three interlinking story lines to follow, after you have 3 gym badges an event allows you to stay on the basic master quest and preserve history as it is or shift to a position in one of the two region organisations. destiny inc. or the fates organisation. each has a different motive where there looking for ancient human powers that have been forgotten in the pursuit of pokemon. fate to control the future of the world and free all pokemon from humans "yet they use pokemon in this endeavor" and destiny wants to erase and rewrite history as it sees fit making human god like above pokemon in power and status.

i focused the game around a new "rebirth" of the game series i do want to place in some old stuff primarily from gens 1-3. i did not care for gen 4-5 and have decided to give a fan game made for the older true fans that is all new more challenging while giving a few nostalgia things along the way.

examples = team rocket, jessie will be the Novazca "name in working progress lol" region pokemon tournament champion, james has grown to become the poison gym leader, Misty moved grew up and became a water master in the Novazca region elight 4. prof. gary oak is a expert visiting researcher who has a battle event. may and dawn will make adult appearances in the contest arenas in the 8 towns, i would like to add some hidden appearances as well some thoughts are rukia (bleach) as an ice trainer. luffy and crew (as a ship captain event) prof.oak as an older retired man living in the region with gary and has a battle event along with the grown up married with kids brock running his daycare/breeding center (he guarantees an egg or your money back :P)and more.

the massive rival system is a bit complex. i have 9 with a total of 4-5 story event battles each, 4-5 counting the final meet up in the pokemon regional tournament after you have 16 badges (this is what you need to complete before elite 4 access) all will be hailing from one of the 14 cities and be available post e4 to challenge again.

gym leaders will all have post e4 endless re match as well however i want to set them all to on a rival setting as well so their teams are always equal to your own or a little stronger. another note is instead of a tm the award aside the badge is an hm you will need to follow paths from that area. examples i can give is the water gym giving surf, electric gym gives flash, normal gym cut, flying gym fly, ect....

the map is huge because you are not confined to a basic path from the starting city of stardust city you can follow 4 different paths to a town that leads out in two directions making the first gym you find random or calculated however you see fit to play it.

other events i came up with include a lake with a diving spot, a forest in closure with a mystic tree and a volcano cave with a lava pit where you can find the first 3 gen starters (note charmander, treecko and totodile involve th - hm moves to get) i also want to implement a on the go pc feature letting you switch teams in and out from any location with a key item i created called the poketrainer Tec 4.0 name is not set in stone. however it combines the phone, map, pokedex, bag and pc all in one. i do not think it will be that hard to transfer in to the game.

the starter pokemon is one i made that has no type to begin with in the basic form if leveled with no item it becomes a normal type, it has an item for each type so it has 2 evolutions after the basic for every gen 1-3 pokemon type. (none resemble the basic form much as eevee forms do.)

I will place a poll as well to get feed back on this from fans for likes and dislikes. if you want to join the team of just me at the moment leave a coment and e-mail me please!! [email protected] so i can get this started asap would love to get a demo up before next year :D

Years
  • Age 37
  • Ohio
  • Seen Aug 6, 2015
is this post in the wrong place mods?
or did i just join a fan community where no one cares because i get a lot of feedback from another site and this one seemed like a better place but is failing to provide me anything useful period...

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
I don't think it's in the wrong place anymore, because the main thread for something like this was removed I think, or changed, I dunno.

A lot of people don't care around this community and I've figured that out recently, for a "poke community" it lacks a community and those that come here are usually looking for free stuff... Since your thread is an idea, I doubt many people will take an interest... You'll probably want to add a more clear cut thread though, your ideas seem a little out of reach.

Questions:

Massive Rival System: You've coded this in? How do you plan on doing such a thing? Many developers get confused after the 2nd rival.

Contradictions: You say about the different paths to take and collect badges in which ever order... But your gyms will give out your HM's... So technically, they are irrelevant, because if Surf is the "first" or "last" gym and you skip gym 1, then there is no water routes? If it's the last gym... Then again, there mustn't be any water routes, right?

Stater: The starter is a what... A typeless Pokémon but can evolve like Eevee (type wise), but if leveled up without an item it becomes a normal type... How is that a good Pokémon to start with? We'd have to catch wild Pokémon until we come across an item to change it's type, realistically.

Your game sounds like a 10 year program... Do you have the time, patience and enthusiasm to complete such a project? Have you got anything started? Maybe keep editing the OP to try and drive followers, that's my only advice... But don't be forced to quit doing what you like because of ignorance in this forum, just move to another and be gone with this one.

Good luck.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Ohio
  • Seen Aug 6, 2015
it should not take ten years there is water routes and it will take time the engine and codes are all existing they just need put in to the game as it is developed i looked up everything i wanted to what i would need yes i do need a few new scripts written or an old one altered a bit however the hm you receive from a gym will be the one you require that badge from and paths in every area will require an hm for the alternate paths any order might be the wrong term but you will have several options and to start there are 4 paths that take you to one of 5 gyms Revelation city has 3 the water grass and electric. the hm surf, flash and cut come from them. gyms like dragon and flying will be harder to reach and require hm's though to get to.

"rival" system is a bit complicated but not to hard to do you just add a new rival to the existing trainers list and set there values to match your players stats.

Back