• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cleanliness

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
When we buy a new video game console or accessory (controller, for example), they shiny-looking. More we use then or keep them out-of-package, however, they tend to gather dirt and whatnot, just as almost every other items we might have in our house.

So, how often do we find ourselves cleaning our video game things? In what way do we clean them?

For myself, I try keeping these kind of things as clear as possible. They're bound to get dirty, but seeing them like this just doesn't seem to… click on me, sadly. Usually, I go cleaning my consoles, controllers, cartridges, and so forth every Saturday, when helping out my mother with some of her housework.

Yukari

I never seem to clean my consoles or controllers aside from when I dust them. For some reason they never seem to gather that much dirt in my house for whatever reason.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I hardly ever clean my systems or controllers. I have to be able to visibly see dust on my stuff before the thought even crosses my mind. I actually have a ps2 controller that I've had since they first came out with the fat ps2s and I'm pretty sure I've never cleaned it. I do clean my games more often though, just about every time I put a game in to play I clean it.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I don't touch the console. Controllers I'll clean a few times a year. Hand held devices, I'll give the screen a quick polish before I start using it usually

Arma

The Hyena
Years
Hmm, I always dust my room every weekend, this includes my consoles and controllers. My DS' screens get wiped everytime I play. I don't clean the filth that gathers on the side of buttons all that much, probably once every other month or so. I use a toothpick to scrap off the dirt.

As for games, I usually clean the discs whenever I change games.

Years
My PS3 is so dusty I feel guilty looking at it. Hehe. I dust it off outwardly sometimes of course, but I should probably carefully vacuum clean its insides or something.

My new laptop, I dust off every day :3 Spilled hot chocolate over it some weeks ago and panicked, but it turned out alright haha.

Years
I'm not too concerned with consoles, but I don't like handheld systems getting dusty/dirty. I keep a microfibre cloth in my 3DS XL all the time.

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
Years
I wipe controllers off after I have played and eaten something like chips and dip or my brother leaves it sticky. I don't think I've ever wiped off my 3DS XL or xbox though o_O My xbox stays clean since it is atop the fireplace mantle and I just brush dirt off of my 3DS, but never a full wipe down. I will count my laptop into this, since I do play games on it, and I wipe it down with rubbing alcohol and cotton balls every other weekend when I'm in school. When out of school I clean it off once/twice every "break" (Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter,etc). I keep discs/cartridges in the cases they came in so they never get dirty either.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I'm usually pretty careful with my stuff, so I don't have to clean it very often. My handheld screens get kinda dirty and sometimes I feel self-conscious about it if I'm on the bus playing or something, but it's not totally gross or anything.

For most of my consoles, I have my own controller (often pink) that no one else is allowed to touch/use without my permission and I never grant permission. That way I know no one is eating while they play or forgetting to wash their hands or spilling anything near it. And if it DOES get grimy, it's my own fault so I can't complain as I wipe it up. I don't have my own Gamecube controller so all of those are pretty gross, but my brother got into competitive Smash recently and has his own controllers now, so he doesn't really use any of the other ones. If I clean them once, I bet they'd stay clean pretty much forever although I can't say the same for his. :P

I try to keep games tucked away in a case or at least not out in the open, so I never have trouble with them getting dusty/dirty/whatever.

TY

I dont clean controllers since I barely play on PS3 and I got someone else to do that stuff. On the other hand I clean my gaming keyboard and mouse once a month

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I clean my 2DS every once and a while, same thing like my DS. Or hell, any handheld. Those things have the power to gather the most amazing amount of gunk in the corners if not careful....

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
Um... I don't. XDDD My bigger consoles are literally collecting dust because they never get played AT ALL. I do try to keep my 3DS and Vita clean every now and then. It's just hard because every time I clean them, they wind up dirty all over again. My cartridges stay pretty much the same, and I have a 3DS cartridge case for those games as well. So, they stay in pretty good condition, despite being constantly lost in my room every now and then. XD

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
My consoles surprisingly never get dusty, so that's good for me. xD

However, controllers are a different story. I clean those things regularly, because I can tell when they're feeling all weird and stuff... and playing with such a controller happens to be a pet peeve of mine.

Years
Unless the stuff has gotten like ultra-grimy somehow (which it shouldn't because I'm not that awful with my things), or the dirt is somehow affecting how things play suddenly NES flashbacks, then nope, I don't usually bother.

Maybe wiping off my 3/DS screens if I happen to notice a million thumbprint smears on them (because screw the stylus, my fingers work just fine), but that's about it nowadays. A little bit of dust on my consoles doesn't bother me.

Back