• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I was wondering how one would accurately calculate a lvl.1 pokemon's IVs without using an AR.

You can't, really. \; You could try asking someone who has an AR.

What's the difference between Vital Spirit and Insomnia? :/

Nothing. They are both the same abilities. So before you say, yes, Delibird got trolled badly. :P

Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2016

Vital Spirit prevents a pokemon from sleeping in battle and outside of battle it increases your chances of meeting higher lvled pokemon.

Insomnia prevents sleep for both pokemon in battle (I think), but has no effects outside of battle.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
The effect is pretty much the same, but Vital Spirit is mostly for Fighting types (and a few others, but mostly pretty tough Pokémon, exterior wise), and Insomnia is more seen with nocturnal Pokémon (mostly dark, psychic, and so on).

Vital Spirit prevents a pokemon from sleeping in battle and outside of battle it increases your chances of meeting higher lvled pokemon.

Insomnia prevents sleep for both pokemon in battle (I think), but has no effects outside of battle.
Also, it decreases the chance of encountering high lvl Pokémon by 50%, instead of increasing.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2016

You can't, really. \; You could try asking someone who has an AR.

What I've just tried doing is going to that battle challenge place near the stadium town which would bring the lvl.1 pokemon to lvl.50 and then recording their stats and inputting it into the Serebii Calculator, would this provide accurate enough calculation?

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
What I've just tried doing is going to that battle challenge place near the stadium town which would bring the lvl.1 pokemon to lvl.50 and then recording their stats and inputting it into the Serebii Calculator, would this provide accurate enough calculation?
I don't think they would be 100% accurate, but surely more accurate then when you calculate it on a lvl. 1 Pokémon.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years

Pokécheck is a useful service that can be used to check a Pokémon's IVs.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
That looks extremely useful, but it appears its only for DSi and such, I am using my 3DS now because for some reason my DSi will no longer connect to the internet.

It is for any DS system. I have an original Ds and I can connect fine. Try editing the wifi settings from the c gear menu.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
What I do to check IVs is to save the game and use my 10 Rare Candies, then check the IVs, then reset the game without saving. That way I don't lose my candies and still have a more accurate IV check.

Granted, it's not even close to perfect but it's better than checking a level 1 Pokemon.

Snorelacks

Can anyone here help me find my Secret ID for the RNG (5th Generation)?

Thanks.

Snorelacks

You probably can't transfer a Pokemon from Black to HG, can you?

No, you can't. You can move up generation, but not down.

Could someone please help me find my SID?

I really need to find my secret ID, can someone help?

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Flawless means that it has perfect ivs, 31 in each stat. And if you're unsure about IVs, check here :3

funrush

How's it going?
Years
I have a question. In my HeartGold game I was planning on changing the time on the clock so I can challenge the gym leaders as fast and as much as possible. Right before I was going to start my brother warned me that if I change the times like that in my White game the White Forest won't have anything there. Is this true? One note though, I haven't gotten to the White Forest yet, so I was wondering if it'll be blank when I get there.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I have a question. In my HeartGold game I was planning on changing the time on the clock so I can challenge the gym leaders as fast and as much as possible. Right before I was going to start my brother warned me that if I change the times like that in my White game the White Forest won't have anything there. Is this true? One note though, I haven't gotten to the White Forest yet, so I was wondering if it'll be blank when I get there.

If you keep changing the clock, yes, you have the potential to lose everyone originally in your White Forest. You'll have to connect with a black then.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015

If you change it a lot there's a chance it will, ESPECIALLY if you change it forwards instead of backwards. White Forest is based on play time mostly, as far as I know, but changing the clock will risk it so I would get to the forest, catch all the Pokemon you can, and then bother with changing the clock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back