• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Planning Thread for "quality fanfic archive"

An-chan

Whoops.
Years
All righty then! Beam me up, solovino, as I've got some results.

First of all, I found this. All those fics are either great or good, but the problem is they're very short. Now, I don't hate one-shots, I think there really should be some on our site, but this far one-shots have been the only thing I can find. Those are all eligible, I think. Some of the writers should have more interesting stuff as well.
I also found these. They're rather interesting but not all of them are ready. Several are, however, and some even have more chapters than just one. I think they're all eligible, but I didn't take a peak in the unfinished ones. The ones I saw were original and in every way excellent.
And then we have these. Some have a lot of spelling mistakes and such, but I still think they're very good. Again, I didn't take a look at every one of them, but the ones I did see gave me a good impression. They're Pokemorph stories, and that's a pretty used genre. As I haven't read fanfic that much, I'll leave it up to you to see if they're original enough.

I think that's enough for one night. I'll go to sleep now. Just so you know, it's about 1 AM here and I have a school day tomorrow. I shall continue my Fanfic Trek after that said school day, as I don't have anything better to do. I'll leave the "evaluation and grading"-part to jeffback, as he is a native English speaker and I am not. (Can you tell? :laugh: ) He's a lot more qualified to that than I am. I'll just travel the vast plains of internet looking for the rare pieces of well-written, high quality fanfiction with only my staff and my backpack (not to mention my cape) to befriend me and my sore feet; occasionally I shall meet another lonely traveler and ask for directions to the next super-hit fic, but after greeting that other lonely soul, I shall be alone with my thoughts again...
I'm still feeling creative (and I almost wrote a whole chapter before)!

On another note: the teleporter operator has a red shirt, so you're being illogical, solovino ;) I'm going to wear a blue shirt, for I am a researching officer. I should have to wear that ridiculosuly short blue skirt, but I dun' wanna, so blue shirt it is.
And now I hope I can sleep long and prosper.

I hope my search was useful. I also hope you don't think I'm completely stupid now that all my posts are weird ones. I'm not. I'm just slightly crazy and all.
An-chan over and out!

Post Office Buddy

Trapped inside this Octavarium
Years
12:55 AM

Well, as I like reviewing, I will be happy to evaluate fictions. However, I am still in the process of tweaking my scale, so don't expect me to do much for the next few days. I won't have time until the weekend anyway, so I guess that works out pretty well.

I'm writing a long continuous fan fic about pokemon based 10 years after ash got pikachu. id be happy to post it on your site if u want.
First of all, the first post of this thread says not to request addition to the archive. This thread is only to be used to discuss how to go about making the archive. Secondly, you have a lot of errors that need addressing before we can consider your fiction. Finally, we are only taking completed fictions for the time being.

Anyway, back on topic. I think that I will begin putting my post time (In my time, of course) in the title of my reply so you know exactly when I posted it.

In other news, I was not able to speak with my instructor today. I might be able to on Thursday, since that is when I next have that particular class, but I might just do it on my own. We'll have to see...

Also, I will begin leafing through these fictions you have found and determine which ones we should keep and which should go sometime this weekend. So if you don't hear from me until, say, Sunday night, then assume that this is what I am doing.

EDIT: I think the first one I shall look at will be An-chan's fiction, since it is local and easier to keep track of. I still need someone to look over My Endless Loneliness, since it was written by me and, as a result, cannot be added by me. Whoever checks it out should not sugarcoat the review, since doing so will not help me, as a writer, develop my skills. Besides, if it is absolute crap and we add it to the archive, then that sort of defeats the purpose of gathering good fanfics. And don't worry, An-chan, I have no intention of sugarcoating the review I'm going to give you.

PS - If you choose to review my fiction, then please PM me the review as there haven't been any new posts in a few months and posting anew would only bump my thread.

Last edited:

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years
An-chan said:
On another note: the teleporter operator has a red shirt, so you're being illogical, solovino

He DOES????????? --- Aaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

*starts running in circles, screaming and yelling*

Aaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

*faints out of lung fatigue*

*thre hours later*

..Uh? Wha--? What was I doing?

Oh, yeah, the FF sections... I'm going to take some time out of my agenda and check on the Section of Pokémon Acting as Actual Pokémon. I have already read some of those so I know more or less what to expect from them. As for the others, sorry, I'm not that marvelous with my time management yet.

jeffback said:
Anyway, back on topic. I think that I will begin putting my post time (In my time, of course) in the title of my reply so you know exactly when I posted it.

Hey you know what, jeffback???? That's an excellent idea!!! Maybe once you instaurate it you can uthorize me to plagiarize... um, copy... er... burrow... ah.... whatever... do the same with my posts, since I seem to be out of sync with pretty much everyone else (everywhere, not just here:disappoin).

On a side note, An-chan, with regards to the hosting I'm evaluating to provide: no, it wouldn't be temporary, it would be rather "alignement dependant". As long as I am affiliated to the NGO that provides the server (which should be for my lifetime), I'm granted a subdomain to do whatever I want, as long as it is legal and related to web development, which our project will be if this works, I'll see to that.

That's why I'm trying to convince my superior to let me handle the server administration. See, sometimes playing politics makes for good rewards. No one will like me, but, hey! It's me who signs the paychecks :D

I'll have news on the subject by the end of November, as adverstised.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Haha...can I help you three get some stuff done? Three people looking through the millions of Pokemon fanfics seems a bit small. Plus, you guys are older and have other stuff to do whereas I most likely got slightly sick from being on the computer too long on Sunday. So, someone with too much spare time can help you a lot. :D

An-chan, you can wear a blue suit like Phoenix Wright. And a frilly thing like Miles Edgeworth. And a long thingy thing in your hair like Maya. And....no.

Oh well. In our ultimate journey of ultimate destiny, can I be the weird guy with glasses that does the random nerdy stuff? xDD

Post Office Buddy

Years
We'll be happy to include you in this project, Dark Lakitu. We could always use more hands. If you feel up to it, then searching for fictions would be a great start. Perhaps trying Serebbi, as ffnet has already been hit by An-chan, would be your best bet. I would advise saving the URL's of each fic you think is worthy and posting them here to begin the reviewing process.

Note to anyone who finds this thread: We are in need of at least one more reviewer who have a good grasp on the English language. If you believe you are qualified, then please PM me with a link to one of your reviews and your own writing. Why do I require this? Because before I will include you in the reviewing process, I want to make sure that you are thorough and do not sugarcoat your reviews. Think of it as an application. Before you can begin work somewhere, you must submit an application that lists your qualifications. Submitting an app without said qualifications will greatly decrease your chance of being hired, and anyone who submits qualifications, no matter how bad they may be, has preference over you.

Last edited:

An-chan

Whoops.
Years
(jeffback) EDIT: I think the first one I shall look at will be An-chan's fiction, since it is local and easier to keep track of. I still need someone to look over My Endless Loneliness, since it was written by me and, as a result, cannot be added by me. Whoever checks it out should not sugarcoat the review, since doing so will not help me, as a writer, develop my skills. Besides, if it is absolute crap and we add it to the archive, then that sort of defeats the purpose of gathering good fanfics. And don't worry, An-chan, I have no intention of sugarcoating the review I'm going to give you.

Oh, I can check it out. And don't worry, I'll definitely leave all sugar away :laugh: *mwah-hah-hah* Actually, I've had it as one of my open tabs for a while now because I've been "going to read it" for, what, a week now. So, I'll gladly do it and I'll even try to be as professional as I can! Not a single word will be missed by my eagle's sight! (I wear glasses, by the way) (lol, that "by the way" just cracked me up, lol)

(Dark Lakitu) An-chan, you can wear a blue suit like Phoenix Wright. And a frilly thing like Miles Edgeworth. And a long thingy thing in your hair like Maya.
I don't want a frilly... And my hair is short *sob* But a blue suit? Any day! Also, my grandmother is in Sydney right now ^-^ I'd like to go, too...

(jeffback) We are in need of at least two more reviewers who have a good grasp on the English language.

Am I on the list? Do I have a good grasp on the English language? I mean, I suck at detecting grammar and spelling mistakes...

(jeffback) Perhaps trying Serebbi, as ffnet has already been hit by An-chan, would be your best bet.
Damn right it has! And I sure am gonna hit it again, and hit it so hard its momma's gonna weap! There are still about 6 pages of groups I haven't looked into, but I'll get that off my agenda in a couple of days.

(solovino) He DOES????????? --- Aaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!
Aww, come on, like you didn't know that! Sometimes he even gets KILLED! When some Romulans or something beam up instead of our neighbour friendly captain Kirk!

Anyway: good to have you back, jeffback; good to have you in, Dark Lakitu; good to have you conscious again, solovino! I'm going to work hard for this tomorrow, I'm having a huge headache on the moment and I don't know what kind of impact ffnet might have on it. I'm going to go and take a peek but I don't promise anything. But right now I'm going to go and hit that fic of jeffback's. I'll be back soon... *MWAH-HAH-HAAA*

Oh, and the local time is 7.49 PM or 19:49 as we'd say here.

Post Office Buddy

Years
Hmm, to be honest, I had forgotten whether or not you wanted to review fictions. So that means we only need one more reviewer. I shall edit my post now.

Lol, that "by the way" cracked me up too. Anyway, I'll try to look at yours tonight. My girlfriend and I are spending some time together today, so I won't be active too much more unless I show her this thread. She has an interest in fanfictions too, actually.

So yeah, one more person needed for reviewing, and a few more for searching. So far we have:
Reviewers:
jeffback
An-chan
Searchers:
An-chan
Dark Lakitu
jeffback (not nearly as much though, as I have little time :[ )
Webpage development:
Solovino

I think I will keep this post as the list of who goes where. That means I will update it once more people decide to join us. That is, unless you want to include that in your first post, An-chan.

An-chan

Whoops.
Years
I included the list in the first post! I also updated it in some other ways. Also, when you come up with the grading scale, I'll put it up there, too. And if there's anything else you or anyone else thinks should be added to the first post, I'll put it there. I'm at your service!

Sounds like a romantic rendez-vous, reviewing fanfiction *chuckles* I envy you, though, as I'm having some minor trouble trying to get my boyfriend to read my fics. He seems to think fanfiction can't be as good as other stories :laugh: But I'll prove him wrong!

It's seven past eight here and dark outside. My headache is fading but I'm feeling a bit cold and I can't review that damn fanfic by jeffback when he keeps interrupting me by posting everywhere...

An-chan

Whoops.
Years
Well, you should be good and all that :laugh: Do you have any sample reviews you've made? Maybe you should just contact jeffback, because (without any verbal agreement) he is or seems to be in charge of this reviewing thing. So, let's wait and see what he says.

An-chan

Whoops.
Years
Oh, I have no objections at all. If it's fine, we can put Merata at the beginning of the review line so that when the fic comes to me, it won't have any spelling or grammar mistakes left!

By the way, jeffback's fic has been announced to be fully eligible for the site.

And now I'm off to write my own fic after I've updated the first post. If anything comes up, I'm fully reachable for the next, say, two hours. It's 9.57 PM or 21:57 here and I should go to sleep after a while...

Edit: Oh, oh, oh, I almost forgot! Someone needs to check out my drawings and tell me if I'm qualified to draw stuff for the site! You can see some of my work here and some more here. They're mostly oldish, but I'll try to add up something new sometime soon. I'm trying out our drawing board ^-^
Here are my Pokémon-related digital drawings:
cuteinvasion.png

This was my first ever Pokémon drawing, lol. I just wanted to try it out...

pichuskittyavvy.png

Then I made this avatar but it wasn't good enough so I'm not using it.

Well, am I qualified?

Last edited:
Years
Ok cool :D.

I'll try to live up to your expectations:P. About the grammar part, I may miss some mistakes as english isn't my native language (im a cheesehead from Holland :P)

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
I can also review...Uh...lets see, Jeffback should know how I review. I can't be bothered going all the way back a few months to back when I did those big reviews. :D

An-chan

Whoops.
Years
I believe in you :laugh: so, it's fine by me, but jeffback has the last word on this.

Now, then, I thought I'd start my mission to search the internet for less-known fanfiction boards and then contact some mods. For that, I propably need an e-mail address. I hope nobody has any objections (!) if I use my own address. I'd make a separate one and then give the user name and the password to all the reviewers, but since we don't have any name for this project yet, I'll just go with my own. If that's all right.

On another note: is anyone else searching for fanfiction/taking a peek on the ones I found? I really don't hold much changes against the around-the-clock-increasing amount of fics on this vast world of information that is the internet. Moreover, I really feel like drawing now, but then again, I want to get this thing into progress. If no-one wants to help me, that's okay - I'll dig trough the web like a mole and collect every fic juicier than other fics, it'll just take longer. Or maybe I should use Diglett or Sandshrew as my metaphor, as we are speaking of the Pokémon fandom. Or Onix. Yeah, onix would be cool. I'll dig trough the internet like Onix. (I'm exactly 160 cm or 5 feet and 3 inches tall, so Onix isn't the first Pokémon that comes to mind when speaking about me. I'd say Diglett is more accurate, but it's not as cool ;_; (by the way).)

Hmm, just a thought: Why don't you guys, expecially Dark Lakitu and Merata (I assume jeffback and solovino and I have already exposed at least almost all of our information regarding the matter), mention every good, memorable fic you've read (with link, if possible) or written or seen someone write or heard about. Isn't it best to start the searching from really close? Remember, we prefer ready fics.

I'll be off to google now!

Oh, and the time is 21:34 or 9.34 PM!

Edit: THIS-IS-FREAKING-IMPOSSIBLE. If I have to read even one crappy AAMRN more, I'm gonna shoot someone. I can't find anything decent. Anything. I'll try some more, but if it goes on like this... Funny, though, how this only encourages me to look further. I know this kind of page is anything but unnecessary now that I've seen what the intrenet has got to offer. That page wasn't even specialized in AAMRN's, but they were practically all they've got. There was one good fic I saw, but the same one was on ffnet, so... It's this one. I personally found it kind of amusing, although it is pretty stretched.

Last edited:

Post Office Buddy

Years
3:50 PM EST

I would prefer to be a Charizard, if we are to be Pokemon now. And if I am going to review fanfictions, then I shall melt them with my molten breath!

Anyway, I think I'll start looking through fictions right after I get some food. I have nothing else to do unless my girlfriend calls me up, but even then I have all night (no school tomorrow XD. At least college is good for one thing.)

Also, I have no objection to Dark Lakitu being involved in the reviewing process. I've read both his fiction and his reviews in the past and I think he is worthy of being in our staff. Welcome to the family :)

Now, if we can get two more people for the reviewing team, then we can split it into two separate teams of three so we aren't overworked. Check around and see if anyone else is interested.

An-chan

Whoops.
Years
If I were to be a Pokémon, I would either be a Pikachu (I'm way past the Pichu phase by now, but I doubt it'd be clever to be a Raichu at this point, either) because it'd be freaking awesome to be an electric type Pokémon. My other choice would be possibly Marill. I'd be a Vaporeon, but I couldn't stand my kids being born as Eevees...

Ahem. On the topic, then. Our kitten was sleeping on my lap for a really long time and it made my back ache and that doesn't help the annoyingness of many fics at all. I mean, I found a page with awarded fics and I thought "Hey, that's nice, this really helps me!" But what the heck? One of the "great" fics had, like, five periods in the whole fic and I didn't see any uppercase letters. *shivers* But, I keep looking, I think I'll find something... Maybe....
Slowly I'm starting to think it would be easier to write ten great fics than it is to find them online. Even if we assume only every tenth fic you write is great.

LOL, I keep complaining when I actually find this quite amusing :laugh: How can people write something like that and then get AWARDED for it?

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Yaay! Me are Grovyle. Or maybe still a Treecko? Meh!

Sounds fun, but...Serebii is so green it's scary. >.>
I'll be so camouflaged I'll lose myself. :D

Years
LOL, I keep complaining when I actually find this quite amusing :laugh: How can people write something like that and then get AWARDED for it?

xD

Well I'll start searching fan fic when I've got more free time, for now I'll just read the stories that get presented here.

I also have a few suggestions for the site.

We need to seperate one-shot stories and chaptered stories, or at that the site mentions if it's a one-shot or not.

Also next to be able to select authors, we also need to give the visitors the chance to select between different genres. So that people can search by author and genre.

Just some suggestions :D.

Back