• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Whats the point of Splash?

Years
Im not gonna lie, I once used Splash to win a battle...
It was one of the random battles on Pokemon Showdown, I had a magikarp at 1hp (Focus sash) who was faster than their absol who had sucker punch

I used splash instead of flail twice in a row making both sucker punches fail and when I assumed he would say screw it and use night slash I unleashed the flail instead.

It was a glorious match.

Guest123_x1

The only reason they made Splash a move in the first place was just so they could give Magikarp a move without forcing it to always resort to Struggle until level 15 (which it does anyway once the PP runs out, assuming it doesn't faint beforehand.)

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
Gen 1 it was funny/cute. Then they kept it in the rest of the gens. Yes I know Magikarp uses it well, but it can just have tackle.

Does anyone know why Splash is still in this?
You might as well ask why they "still" evolve into Gyarados.

Magikarp Splash. That's just what they do.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
In my opinion, the developers put that move to make Magikarp even more useless. But careful guys, that Magikarp is gonna own you when he's a Gyrados!

Back