• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Batel

A nothing.
Years
Andy hadn't gone far running when he stopped for a moment to check his bag.
Within was everything he'd left there. His Pokénav, his pokéballs, all topped off with a ton of food.
He put the bag on the ground and rooted through it's contents, pulling a small piece of candy from it and popping it in his mouth, chewing on it for a little until it was gone.
"Nothing like a whatever time it is snack!" he said cheerfully, pulling the bag back onto his back and taking off again.
As Andy did this though, a pidgey flew right by him, taking his attention away from the path he was running along. He kept watching it as he ran...
Oblivious to the fact that he was heading straight for Alex at full speed.

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Shawn smiles, a little smirk forming on his face. "Looks like you're stuck with us, Yuki," he said to her, noticing her attire Looks like she came from somewhere cold. He figured he'd get to know her as they went, so for now, he needed to find a pokemon. "Well, then, you three," he announced, "let's go to the beach!"

Shawn starts walking to the white sands nearby, slow enough for everyone to follow. He sent Zapper out to find a strong pokemon for him to try and catch. "Three people..." he thought, "Three friends...Maybe they can help me out. But should I tell them?" Lost in his thoughts, he didn't notice Zapper flying back until she landed on his shoulder.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Haru grinned. "That sounds like a great idea!" He stood up smiling even bigger, thinking one thing and one thing alone. I think it's time for me to get some new friends. Haru never hesitated to make friends. He was a very friendly guy...sometimes too friendly. He had been kicked out of many a school club due to his awkward attempts to make friends...which ended badly. "Where do you girls think we should go? I'm all ears."

The pokemon were having a lot of fun. Twitch and Torch were still on guard duty, but they didn't seem to mind. Void was leading the fellowship even deeper into the woods. "She's right. There's nothing to be afraid of. For all we know, Geronimo could be watching our back." If he knew how right he was, he would've grinned with an unending grin. Twitch silenty muttered to himself, "Arceus save us if he is." Despite the Scyther's strength, the Grovyle was reluctant to trust him. He was an angry, violent ally. He could snap at any moment and attack anybody. "Where do you guys think we should go?" Torch asked, oblivious to Twitch's comment.
Lumina giggled.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Kiki

Kiki blinked and turned to the way Yuki had pointed, then she grinned at Alex, Shawn, and Yuki. The beach there? Awesome! That would be perfect! She grabbed Yuki and smiled, almost bouncing a bit.

"I love the beach! Let's go!" she said happily, tossing her pokeball and revealing Birdy. The Starly chirped happily and circled obvverhead, a taunting gaze at Zapper. Kiki was oblivious as she turned, seeing a boy sprinting toward them. She ran and grabbed the new boy and spun in a circle around him, effectively stopping the crash that had been about to happen, eager to make a new friend.

"Hiya! I'm Kiki, who are you? Wanna come to the beach with us? These are my friends, Alex, Shawn, and Yuki!" she said happily, almost too quickly to be understood.

Crystallized

Always here. Always there.
Years
Alex eagerly followed the group, a new pokemon does sound good, maybe he could transfer his old pokemon over too. Well. if they allowed it at the pokemon center, clearly oblivious to the person rushing towards him, until Kiki caught him that is.

"Uhm... Nice catch Kiki, thanks." He said, smiling a little as he looked towards the new arrival. "Hi, my name's Alex, who are you?" he said quickly just after Kiki spoke, tilting his head slightly. Were they attracting people somehow? Either that or maybe it was just wierd timing.

Batel

A nothing.
Years
Andy was still watching the pidgey disappear into the horizon when Kiki grabbed his arm, stopping him dead in his tracks as she spun around him.
Unable to fully comprehend what Kiki was saying, Andy took a moment to listen to her properly, only to feel a twinge of pain at the back of his head.
He was used to that feeling, so he didn't flinch... But none the less, he decided to just answer what he'd thought Kiki had said, along with Alex who had spoken with her.
"My name's Andrew! But don't call me that, I prefer Andy!" he informed, grinning widely at the energetic girl. "The beach...? Sure! I love the water!"
Andy was certainly happy to have met other students. If he hadn't, who knows who he'd have had to go looking for?
He threw one clenched fist up to the sky, only to bring it down again in a thumbs up, looking from Kiki to Alex and then to Shawn and Yukiko.
"It's really good to meet you all!"

Crystallized

Years
Alex tilted his head slightly, but smiled widely towards the new addition of the group, he nodded swiftly and stretched his arms up, yawning quietly.

"Alright then! Lets go then shall we?" He said brightly, waiting for him to join the pack before starting to walk again towards the beach. Double checking that he still had his pokeballs on his belt as he walked.

"Are you new here as well, Andy?" Alex asked in the middle of a yawn, maybe it was just the weather, but he felt sort of sleepy, but there would be time for rest later...

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Yukiko smiled back happily at Shawn and Alex. "I'm so gla-" she started to reply, but was suddenly interrupted as a bouncing Kiki grabbed her. "...uh, glad to have met you guys. Thanks for being so kind to me. Sh...shall we be off, then..?" she finally finished mildly. "Goodness me, this is a little too enthusiastic for my taste," she thought, a little annoyed. "I hope this doesn't keep up for much longer..."

Yuki started to follow the group, but suddenly remembered something. Taking a Pokeball from her waist, she let out a Cyndaquil, who stretched out its small body, happily taking in the sun's warm rays. Taking the fire-type Pokemon in her arms, Yuki turned to her friends. "Hey…I would like you to meet Amber, my partner…and my best friend," she said to the group. Amber looked up interestedly at the two Pokemon flying above her head that she had never seen before and blew little fireballs in the air.

Suddenly, Kiki whizzed past Yuki, spinning around with a guy she had never seen before. After being introduced, she waved timidly at him with a gentle smile. "Hi, i-it's very nice to meet you."

Crystallized

Years
Alex smiled a little as he gave a little wave to Yuki's pokemon, walking over to lightly pats it's head.

"Well, well. another Cyndaquill trainer too?..." He said, laughing happily, taking Rayha's pokeball from his belt and letting him out so that he stands beside Alex.

"This is Rayha, my best friend aswell, We've been together for a good long time, right buddy?" Alex said brightly, nuzzling his pokemon partner. Who nuzzled back affectionately, nodding in Yuki's direction as an acknowlagement.

Last edited:

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
Wyatt Wyvern (Raikou Dorm)
Raikou Dorm --> Academy Grounds
Wyatt casually strolled out his dorms, and he half-heartily did so. He hadn't gotten to know anyone at all at the school except for the one trainer who defeated him on the beach. He frowned and melancholy overcame him for a moment but he shrugged it off and attempted to turn this feeling into determination although a small amount of bitterness of loss stuck with him for a bit.
As he exit the dorm
s the sunlight hurt his eyes although it rejuvenated him and overwhelmed his senses. "Maybe this island isn't as bad as I thought" he muttered to himself. He stumbled across the grounds with a trace of a grin on his face and he sat down on a bench on the grounds, lugging his back. He sat down and got comfortable and pulled out an apple and casually chewed on it while his mind drifted away

Last edited:

Batel

A nothing.
Years
When Yukiko spoke to him, Andy noticed that she had a cyndaquil with her.
"A Cyndaquil...?" his eyes widened slightly and he wandered over to Yukiko and Amber, a look of wonderment on his face."I've never seen one before... You must be a really awesome trainer to have one...!"
Immediately, Andy stood up and pulled a pokéball from his bag and threw it into the air, the device opening and emptying itself of the pokemon within in a flash.
From the ball came a Tyrogue that seemed disorientated for a moment before concentrating upon Andy.
"Catches...! We're here already! And these guys are some new friends I've made!"
Catches looked around the group, seeming to pay special interest in the other pokémon present. "Catches and I have been training together since I was a lot younger. He's the most hard-working pokémon I know of...!"
Catches jumped back a step or two and began throwing controlled punches and kicks at the air, as if warming up.
"Only thing is," Andy smiled nervously, brushing a few strands of blue hair out of his eyes "...he kinda likes to show off..."

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Shawn couldn't believe this luck. With another new addition to the group, he had some catching up to do with introductions. He looked over to Andy with a smile on his face. "I'm Shawn," he said, then pointed to the Emolga who was flying around Birdy, "and that is Zapper, one of my pokemon. She's been with me for a while. It's a pleasure to meet you."

He casually looked around at all four friends: Kiki, the rambunctious one; Alex, the shy; Yukiko, holding a Cyndaquil named Amber; and Andy, the new guy. He chuckled a little, before he said, "We better hurry to the beach before I forget why we're going there in the first place. Let's go!"

Shawn started walking again to the beach, slow enough for the others to keep up. Now he was curious about both the new kids' pokemon. He was getting more and more excited just thinking about the possibilities!

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2013
Tristen S, Raikou Dorm
[Clearing]

"That's good enough," Tristen replied, "I was just curious--the students around here all have very different backgrounds it would seem."

Suddenly, Gabriel perked up his head and jumped out of Tristen's arms. He made a sort of barking sound, calling up to Skarmory above them. The steel bird came down to ground level and allowed the Croagunk to jump onto his back. They flew off and quickly gained altitude, and it seemed that they were having a look around the area.

Shaking her head, she reached into her bag and pulled out a granola bar. She broke off a piece and placed it into her mouth. "Honestly, those two..." She turned back to Nika. "They're getting a little antsy. We should probably get to doing something before they find trouble on their own."

Tristen took a step then stopped. "You can come with us if you'd like. Or perhaps," she placed the rest of her granola bar back into her bag, "you would like a quick battle?" She kept her red eyes on her pokemon in the skies. "You are free to decline."

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Nika Valentine

Nika squared her shoulders, her glasses flashing as the sunlight hit them. She had been considering how she would deal with that Skarmony if it came to a battle, and it seemed now that it might. Tristen had given her the option to decline, giving her more time to cook up a strategy, but she wasn't about to seem cowardly in front of this clearly confident trainer. Tristen hadn't shown any sign of the aggression Nika was used to encountering, but that didn't mean she was going to show herself as weak.

"I accept. I've never dealt with pokemon with the typing yours have before, and I need the training for a battle I have coming up. Two pokemon apiece?"

Spider had returned to her perch on Nika's flatcap, staring up at the soaring duo. She was the only pokemon Nika had revealed so far, but would she even be used?​

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2013
Tristen S, Raikou Dorm
[Clearing]

Tristen pulled her hoodie closer around her as Nika accepted her challenge. "Two per trainer sounds good to me. And I'll just assume this is a one-on-one battle."

She turned her head up to the skies and called out, "Skarmory!" Using a gloved hand, she signaled for them to come down.

The steel bird came soaring down to eye level with Croagunk on his back. He cawed in response to his trainer, allowing Gabriel to hop off of him.

Tossing her white hair from her face, she spoke, "We're going to battle with Nika here." Tristen motioned at the trainer beside her. "Be ready." She reached into her bag and handed them both a piece of pokefood to quickly down before entering the battlefield.

Tristen turned back to Nika, looking at her with red irises. "Tell me when we're ready and we'll begin."

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Nika Valentine

So, Skarmony was first... steel types could shrug off bug type moves, and flying type moves would be particularly effective against bug type pokemon. Steel types were weak to fire, fighting and ground... but flying types were immune to ground and she had no fighting type pokemon. Flying types were weak to electric, ice and rock, but she didn't have either of the last two. That left fire and electric... did the steel type confer a resistance to electric attacks?

I can't remember... but Spider is my ace against flying types, so I'll stick with her. She's gotten me this far.

"You're up Spider. Make me proud."

The tiny Joltik performed an impressive leap from her trainers head, displaying the species incredible jumping ability, landing on the ground in front of Nika. It seemed improbable based on appearance alone that the miniscule insect could stand up to the steely bird of prey.

"We're ready."
"Joltik tiktik."​

Years
Kayla smiled. She held Jasmine close to her. "Let's go... Anywhere! We'll find someone eventually!" Jasmine snorted. Holly frowned. Eventually, she'll get herself in trouble doing things when she feels like it... She opened her mouth to object, but before she could say anything Kayla had grabbed her hand and started to pull her in a random direction. Kayla giggled. "The sooner we find someone, the sooner we'll find some friends!" She grabbed her bag and smiled at Holly. Holly groaned. More people? Daisy frowned and ran after them.

Primrose frowned and looked around. "I hope we don't get lost..." She hugged Lumina nervously. Rosemary hid behind Yuri, jumping at every sound she heard. "What was that?!" Yuri sighed. Molly frowned. Maybe it was a bad idea to come here, she thought. Lumina frowned. "I'm scared..."

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2013
Tristen S, Raikou Dorm
[Clearing--Battle]

Gabriel stood next to Tristen once she positioned herself on the other side of the clearing. "Very well. Skarmory, prepare youself."

The steel bird let out a metallic screech, pumping itself up for the upcoming battle. It flew closer to the center between the two trainers, positioning itself for the signal to start. Before him stood the relatively small Joltik, and Skarmory observed it with yellow eyes.

"Let's see how well we've improved since our last training session, Skarmory," Tristen whispered to herself. She had known Skarmory for more than half of her life, and their ability to communicate had been well established.

"Nika," Tristen called out, "you may have the first move, since I challenged you."

Skarmory braced himself, becoming extremely focused; he had faced electric types before. Never let your guard down, no matter how small or weak the opponent may seem. Tristen had engrained this thought into his brain through his hours of training. Don't be the idiot that looks down.

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
Tetra

Greetings, Nafarli. Thank you for the comment. I say to the Starly. I laugh as they argue in a comical way, and look up to see Ethan get up and leave. Orange decides to follow, and invites Jay. I feel the need to assist, but I have no idea how Master Yew will feel with me gone.

Master, I wish to follow my newfound friends. Perhaps my presence would assist in the recovery of the other. I say.

"Agreed. I will be at the apartment." Master Yew says.

I follow my friends, leaving Master Yew's side for the first time in my time with him. As we are walking, I come to stride with Orange.

I have decided to join you. Do you mind? I ask, and nod. We leave the city, and head towards the forest.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Yuki blushed with pleasure as Andy gushed over her Pokemon friend. "Th-thank you…Amber's been with me ever since…ever since she was an egg I found near Lake Acuity…near my house," she said. As Andy brought out his Pokemon, Yuki gasped, amazed as it started performing a series of punches and kicks. "That Tyrogue sure seems like a strong, sturdy Pokemon," Yuki thought as she continued to watch on.

Amber the Cyndaquil growled endearingly as it received Alex's petting and Andy's compliments. Another Cyndaquil appeared before Alex's feet as it was released from its Pokeball. Amber perked up instantly - sensing another Pokemon of its species, jumped out of Yuki's arms and shyly walked towards Rayha, making excited squeaks. Yuki, noticing Amber's sudden activeness, looked around at what was going on and was even more pleasantly surprised. "Wow…I never thought I'd see another Cyndaquil… Isn't Rayha the sweetest thing ever..?" Yuki smiled at the Pokemon similar to hers and giggled. "..and Amber seems to like Rayha as well..!"

Yuki then looked at Shawn, who in turn looked back at her and his friends. She picked up a reluctant Amber and started walking once again to the beach, following behind Shawn closely. "I wonder what new friends am I going to make at the beach," Yuki thought, smiling.

Last edited:
Back