• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2015
Once you beat league of Zhery you'll return to your room and script where your mom tells you to go to Prof. Jasmine's lab should activate.

The script never activated for me. Im pretty sure im playing the 1.0 version. please help. I would like to get to the lauren region.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
DON'T DO IT PLEASE!!
Okay now seriously... just don't do it, don't attempt to do it, you wouldn't be able to do it, I'm sure I wouldn't be able to, if someone is capable of doing it then it's Wes alone.

I said I was going to edit it if the script is not working.
But I've just run a test on it and the script worked to perfection.

Wesley used the more worse trainer editor P.E.T which is why SarcasticPrince is using A-Trainer to fix things. I would like it if A-Trainer was used since it edits more. Some trainers like Lauren's champion use a Lv. 60 Gardevoir instead of something else or the trainers in the route above Snowce using the Scraggy family have been fixed I believe. By the way like in Pokemon Platinum the Skiers and Boarders should use only Ice Pokemon to fit with their climate. Also either the Cranidos family needs to be part Ground typed or the 5th gym leader needs a new main since Ramparados is pure Rock type. Oh and some trainers use the same Pokemon because of a glitch in the trainer editors.

That's obviously true. He should use A-Trainer, seriously. That's
the best Trainer editor ever.
I'll be changing the 5th Gym Leader's Ramparados to some other Ground type.

I am with Snakebyte. Original names, not some new invented ones ... Kevin and Sophia are pretty decent names, there is no reason not to use them.

I still do not understand why there are so many changes made, when there will be two versions available. The first one should just be the translation of the original game (with fixed bugs like music etc. -> I personally never finished the game, because at the 1st or 2nd Lauren GYM inside there was no GYM, but a bunch of islands and no way of returning back, so basically a dead end).
Just to point out, it is true that for example in GYMs 4 trainers out of 5 had completely same teams (both Pokémon and levels), which I found very ... boring, because fighting the same Pokémon teams in a row is not funny. So yeah, I would fix this, but I wouldn't change any levels, names of trainers or towns (just fix typos) etc.

Anyway, I am looking forward to the EN version and after playing it very carefully (in order to see if it's as enjoyable as the original) ... I hope I will not be very disappointed due to all the "positive" changes.

You typed something wrong here.
Wesley named the female protagonist "Shopia" instead of Sofia.
And even if it is Sofia, I would change it to something else because these names are just too common. And also, since you've stated that there
are errors on Trainers using repeated PKMN, I'll be editing them,
and I count them as glitches.

I'm planning to increase the levels on the PKMN that the Trainers
use, because there are just too weak compared to Gym Leaders.
I have my reasons on doing this. If the levels of the PKMN that the Trainers use aren't high enough, the Players are going to have a hard time beating Gym Leaders. That'll be a waste of time.

You don't want that to happen, do you?

Last edited:

lukasz_pro

Saiyan Prince
Years
AMAZING HACK !!
i dont see this hack before o_O
one of my favourites with liquid crystal and shiny gold :D !!
but IPS patch not work for me ;/ , i patched ruby rom and if i start emulator i have only white screen , GBA version works good ;D
there is gba 1.1 english version ? i dont know any word from portugal xD

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
A common name is not a glitch. In my previous post, I said that Shopia is likely a typo for Sophia on Wesley's part. 'Too common' is not your call to make. It is not your hack.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
A common name is not a glitch. In my previous post, I said that Shopia is likely a typo for Sophia on Wesley's part. 'Too common' is not your call to make. It is not your hack.
This.

@Sarcastic Prince: Wouldn't it be more logical for you to translate everything first and then make your changes? That way you'd get the translation out of the way at a quicker pace. I would also suggest you make a pure translation patch, meaning minus all your changes, to quell the rage of the purists. A lot of people are against your petty changes [i.e. your changing of something as innocuous as music] so why not release an English patch sans your changes. That way people could play the hack as it was intended to be played, just in English.

Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2012
I think you guys should calm down..

SP Is only doing what he thinks that its best.

Yes we all want a "English" version but if he can fix a bug or two that are present,why not ?
I mean he aint changing the game itself for gods sake -_- ,he is just fixing some scripts and some issues in the game,also renaming trainers,whats the big deal? You cant stand a "Vats" instead of "Aqua"? ,it aint THAT of a problem.

Besides the fact that he is using his free time to make this mod for you and me and all others,you should be thankful to him and not criticse.

If you dont like what he is doing,do it urself and be happy...wha?You dont wanna do it urself cause its too hard/time-taking? Then Shush and respect somebody's work.

Keep on doing ur work Prince,good job cutie and thanks for ur work so far.

Respect

Years

Yes we all want a "English" version but if he can fix a bug or two that are present,why not ?

I mean he aint changing the game itself for gods sake -_- ,he is just fixing some scripts and some issues in the game,also renaming trainers,whats the big deal? You cant stand a "Vats" instead of "Aqua"? ,it aint THAT of a problem.

Besides the fact that he is using his free time to make this mod for you and me and all others,you should be thankful to him and not criticse.

If you dont like what he is doing,do it urself and be happy...wha?You dont wanna do it urself cause its too hard/time-taking? Then Shush and respect somebody's work.

Keep on doing ur work Prince,good job cutie and thanks for ur work so far.

Respect

I'm with you mate;). If they don't like what SP doing than do should try doing it themselves. Why am I saying this:surprised:? Because I tried it and I know how it was:(. Its very hard work. I spend 2 days to translate but when I look at it I just translate few scripts and not fully correct. Sometime the text got out of text-box or text line got separated or too many grammar mistakes etc. that time I really understand, Believe me.

So, I really want to say to all. Don't just say bases on the post. try understanding it.
SP isn't doing wrong. He is making it more easier and enjoyable for us. If you don't agree with this, there is nothing can do about it:disappoin.

Hope everybody support SP:).

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023

That's exactly what everyone has an issue with. He's changing things that don't need to be changed according to what he thinks is best, not what Wesley thought of. It's basically him saying that Wesley's ideas aren't good enough and that he is making them better which is utterly disrespectful.

And right there, my dear, is where you are wrong. Sarcastic Prince has stated that he's changing the music [Why is that necessary? Who the hell knows.] as well as the names of the central characters of the hack. I'd understand if the names were hard to pronounce [like some of the Japanese names] or too out there but the names are fine and again he's changing them simply because he thinks the names of the characters that the creator thought of just aren't good enough.

I know you are not aiming that comment towards me. "too hard/time-taking" doesn't apply to me. I spend my time hacking my own hack. A high quality hack at that. I know how time consuming it is to make a hack, even more than Sarcastic Prince would seeing as all he is doing is editing someone elses work. He's not crafting new scripts, events or any of that. He's using basic tools to "fix" what someone else's time & thought went into.
Also it's funny that you say "respect somebody's work" because that's exactly what Sarcastic Prince isn't doing. If he did have any real respect for Wesley's work he would be taking such liberties with his work. [His obviously referring to WesleyFG]

~QM

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I said I was going to edit it if the script is not working.
But I've just run a test on it and the script worked to perfection.
That's weird because that script did not work for me on my first run :D

You don't want that to happen, do you?
Paradoxically we WANT that to happen :) It was Wes' idea to make it that way :)
Do you think American translators change levels of Japanese versions just because they think it's too hard to beat Gym Leaders? :)
You really should be considerate to Wes...
If he thought it should be the way he did it then it should stay that way.

Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2013
This is clearly a matter of demand and agreement. If Sarcastic Prince has an agreement with Wesley, which he hopefully does, I'm fine with it. Because as the original Portuguese version was as good as it was, I trust Wesley's judgement enough to allow Sarcastic Prince to make those minor changes.

If he doesn't have that kind of an agreement however it's disrespectful. Plus most of the members obviously want the original hack (with bug fixes and English of course). And I agree. Rather originality than improved. Same reason I don't play any Pokémon games after 3. gen. Except this. Which is brilliant.

Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2012
That's exactly what everyone has an issue with. He's changing things that don't need to be changed according to what he thinks is best, not what Wesley thought of. It's basically him saying that Wesley's ideas aren't good enough and that he is making them better which is utterly disrespectful.

True[50%] - Indeed changing things will make the game give a impression that it wasnt made to do by Wesley,but
False[50%] - Take in fact that we dont know if the experience will be worse or better until the final product will be finished.

Also im guessing Wesley is going to try the game once SP finished it to check if hes happy or not with the modifications.

And right there, my dear, is where you are wrong. Sarcastic Prince has stated that he's changing the music [Why is that necessary? Who the hell knows.] as well as the names of the central characters of the hack. I'd understand if the names were hard to pronounce [like some of the Japanese names] or too out there but the names are fine and again he's changing them simply because he thinks the names of the characters that the creator thought of just aren't good enough.

True [50%]: Music,yes you're totally right,the ingame music shouldnt be changed unless the creator checks and thinks he would've put this music himself.
False [50%] : Character names,well yes you're kind of right there but also take in fact one thing...if he doesnt translate the names you'll end up in a phrase like "Juan Pablo has challenged you to a Battle" or "Guillermo selected Bulbasaur!" ,which would be the game too Hispanic...he's just trying to make it more English like " James has challenged you to a duel" or "George selected Bulbasaur" ,im spanish and i totally dont mind Portuguesse names,but some people actually want the game fully English-ed.

I know you are not aiming that comment towards me. "too hard/time-taking" doesn't apply to me. I spend my time hacking my own hack. A high quality hack at that. I know how time consuming it is to make a hack, even more than Sarcastic Prince would seeing as all he is doing is editing someone elses work. He's not crafting new scripts, events or any of that. He's using basic tools to "fix" what someone else's time & thought went into.
Also it's funny that you say "respect somebody's work" because that's exactly what Sarcastic Prince isn't doing. If he did have any real respect for Wesley's work he would be taking such liberties with his work. [His obviously referring to WesleyFG]

100% True there,respect for your work and keep on doing it =)

Oh btw,i got nothing personal vs anybody ^^ Just giving my point of view :3

Respect,Jenny~~
*waves*

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years

Of course it's not a glitch. It's just... not good.

This.

@Sarcastic Prince: Wouldn't it be more logical for you to translate everything first and then make your changes? That way you'd get the translation out of the way at a quicker pace. I would also suggest you make a pure translation patch, meaning minus all your changes, to quell the rage of the purists. A lot of people are against your petty changes [i.e. your changing of something as innocuous as music] so why not release an English patch sans your changes. That way people could play the hack as it was intended to be played, just in English.

Yes, yes, I'm trying to translate the whole thing first,
but more and more improvements have to be made
as I progress through the Hack. Currently, Ash is helping
with the translation. I'm waiting for him to send me back the patch.

By the way, if you haven't tried, how would you know that the improved
version is not as good as the original version?

Maybe SP can't understand simple english like "English Version please"

The gamers asked specifically for "ENGLISH version" not modified LP english version.

Is that too hard to understand? o.O

You really think that I don't understand that? Bah, nonsense.
And what's wrong with modifications? You wouldn't know which version
is better until you try.

1. That's exactly what everyone has an issue with. He's changing things that don't need to be changed according to what he thinks is best, not what Wesley thought of.

2. It's basically him saying that Wesley's ideas aren't good enough and that he is making them better which is utterly disrespectful.

Sarcastic Prince has stated that he's changing the music
[3. Why is that necessary? Who the hell knows.] as well as the names of the central characters of the hack. I'd understand if the names were hard to pronounce [like some of the Japanese names] or too out there 4. but the names are fine and again he's changing them simply because

5. he thinks the names of the characters that
the creator thought of just aren't good enough.

I know you are not aiming that comment towards me. "too hard/time-taking" doesn't apply to me. I spend my time hacking my own hack. A high quality hack at that. I know how time consuming it is to make a hack, even more than Sarcastic Prince would seeing as all he is doing is editing someone elses work.
6. He's not crafting new scripts, events or any of that. He's using basic tools to "fix" what someone else's time & thought went into.
Also it's funny that you say "respect somebody's work" because that's exactly what Sarcastic Prince isn't doing.
If he did have any real respect for Wesley's work he would be taking such liberties with his work. [His obviously referring to WesleyFG]

~QM

I'll reply your statements one by one.
1. Wrong. Not everyone, but some people.
2. There is nothing wrong with an editor editing anything at all.
That's not disrespectful at all. I even asked for his permission.
3. Why is that necessary? Well, too many places share the same
music track. Ain't that boring? I'm changing them because the music
will then match its environment.
4. The names aren't fine. Some of these names are either too common
or not good at all.
5. Congratulations! You've finally understood that Wesley is a terrible
name maker who can't make good names.
6. Wrong. I'M crafting new scripts for two new Rivals. I'm also fixing the errors that Wesley made, instead of "fixing what someone else's time & thought went into". Those are how you call "improvements".
And who needs respect when my position is an editor?

This is clearly a matter of demand and agreement. If Sarcastic Prince has an agreement with Wesley, which he hopefully does, I'm fine with it. Because as the original Portuguese version was as good as it was, I trust Wesley's judgement enough to allow Sarcastic Prince to make those minor changes.

If he doesn't have that kind of an agreement however it's disrespectful. Plus most of the members obviously want the original hack (with bug fixes and English of course). And I agree. Rather originality than improved. Same reason I don't play any Pokémon games after 3. gen. Except this. Which is brilliant.

I DO have an agreement with Wesley.

How about everyone just asks the original creator what he thinks?
That is unnecessary, as I already have an agreement with Wesley.

True[50%] - Indeed changing things will make the game give a impression that it wasnt made to do by Wesley,but
False[50%] - Take in fact that we dont know if the experience will be worse or better until the final product will be finished.

True [50%]: Music,yes you're totally right,the ingame music shouldnt be changed unless the creator checks and thinks he would've put this music himself.
False [50%] : Character names,well yes you're kind of right there but also take in fact one thing...
1. if he doesnt translate the names you'll end up in a phrase like "Juan Pablo has challenged you to a Battle" or "Guillermo selected Bulbasaur!" ,which would be the game too Hispanic...he's just trying to make it more English like " James has challenged you to a duel" or "George selected Bulbasaur" ,im spanish and i totally dont mind Portuguesse names,but some people actually want the game fully English-ed.

100% True there,respect for your work and keep on doing it =)

Oh btw,i got nothing personal vs anybody ^^ Just giving my point of view :3

Respect,Jenny~~
*waves*

Alpha Wing, I think that you're missing something here.
I have an agreement with Wesley. My position is not only a translator,
but also an editor. I have the right to change or edit anything I want.

1. Actually, I'm editing those names into custom names.
Too many Trainers share the same name.

Paradoxically we WANT that to happen :) It was Wes' idea to make it that way :)
Do you think American translators change levels of Japanese versions just because they think it's too hard to beat Gym Leaders? :)
You really should be considerate to Wes...
If he thought it should be the way he did it then it should stay that way.

Umm... actually, the English translators didn't have to change
anything because the Leaders' PKMN levels aren't too high or too hard.
Unfortunately, in LP, the Leaders are just overpowered,
just like what I did with the translated Beta 2.
Also, remember that I'm an editor and you're an editor too.
Forget about the respect stuff.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2013
I DO have an agreement with Wesley.
In that case we have no right to criticize his work. As it is indeed the original creator's wish. And if Wesley's judgement tells him to allow Sarcastic Prince to make changes I say [insert bad word] it! Make those changes!

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
I disagree. Your job, SP, is to translate, not to make an entirely new hack with changes based on your own opinion.

This is a funny situation, because Wesley can't speak English. Everything he posted here on Pokecommunity went through an online translator, most likely Google. I don't think Wesley FG properly understands what SP is doing.

Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2013
Come on, now. He says he and Wesley have an understanding, and so we should be fine with just about any change he makes. In addition the changes he makes are so minor you would hardly notice if he didn't tell you what changes he did. Who are you then to tell him what his job is? He's not in any way removing characters, changing the storyline, reconstructing maps. Nothing of that kind. Seriously. When he in addition clearly have an agreement with Wesley, the stuff you say about his work is... well. Not in your place to say. Play the Portuguese if you're so nit-picky.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
I disagree. Your job, SP, is to translate, not to make an entirely new hack with changes based on your own opinion.

This is a funny situation, because Wesley can't speak English. Everything he posted here on Pokecommunity went through an online translator, most likely Google. I don't think Wesley FG properly understands what SP is doing.
Well, as Habbedaz said, I'm making a few minor changes to to hack.
I'm not making an entirely new hack.

Come on, now. He says he and Wesley have an understanding, and so we should be fine with just about any change he makes. In addition the changes he makes are so minor you would hardly notice if he didn't tell you what changes he did. Who are you then to tell him what his job is? He's not in any way removing characters, changing the storyline, reconstructing maps. Nothing of that kind. Seriously. When he in addition clearly have an agreement with Wesley, the stuff you say about his work is... well. Not in your place to say. Play the Portuguese if you're so nit-picky.

Calm down. TS here is trying to express his opinions to me as a friend. (Check my profile,
he's my friend)
But yeah, everything I do is just about everything that Habbedaz said.
By the way, I don't mind if people criticize. Actually, it's better that
people criticize so that I can more ideas on how to make LP better than ever.
I'm still waiting for Ash to complete his work so I can move on to my translation.

Back