• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Wedlocke Challenge (Revisited)

Chevitile

Little Monster
Years
First update on Gold:

♦ Started up the game and named myself Chevi.
♦ Chose my starter and encounter for New Bark Town, a male Chikorita, that I called Baeleaf.
♦ Went to Mr. Pokémon's house and back, obtaining some Poké Balls from Prof. Elm's aide.
♦ On Route 29, I encountered a female Hoothoot. Caught it and named it Clock-La. Paired her with Baeleaf.
♦ On Route 30, my encounter was a male Rattata. I called it Rat Pack.
♦ Route 31 offered me a female Spinarak, which I named Contessa. She was paired with Rat Pack.
♦ Decided to catch something in Dark Cave while I was near it. It turned out to be a female Geodude, named Roche.
♦ In Sprout Tower, I encountered a male Gastly that I named Shadus. He made up the final pair, along with Roche.
♦ Beat the Elder in the tower, and then challenged the gym.
♦ Thanks to Roche's Rock Throw and Shadus' typing, Falkner was a piece of cake.
♦ Picked up the Egg from Elm's assistant, and then continued to Route 32, where I caught a male Hoppip named Zey-J.
♦ Ventured downwards, and made it to the Union Cave. Encountered a female Zubat, whom I named Bat Gal.
♦ Made it out of the cave onto Route 33, where I caught a Spearow named Rowena.
♦ In Azalea Town, Kurt informed me of Team Rocket being in the Slowpoke Well.
♦ Went there to defeat them, and also caught a male Slowpoke. Named it Caesar.
♦ Got rid of Team Rocket, and then challenged the gym. Again, Roche and Shadus did all the work against Bugsy. However, she was extremely close to finishing Roche off with Fury Cutter, since I had missed a Rock Throw. I was able to take it out though, and then Shadus took care of the remaining Pokémon.
♦ I also used this duo against my rival outside the gate to Ilex Forest, but Roche swept him on her own.
♦ In Ilex Forest, my encounter was a male Caterpie. Named it De×Andre.
♦ Trekked through the forest, and ended up on Route 34. Sadly, I didn't get an encounter there, as it was an Abra that used Teleport after I had failed to catch it.
♦ Decided to challenge the Goldenrod Gym, which proved to be both fortunate and misfortunate. Baeleaf evolved in there, but Clock-La also died due to a crit, forcing Baeleaf to avenge her. I chose Bat Gal as his new partner.
♦ Rat Pack also died in there. Contessa fought on her own, and was then paired with Caesar.
♦ Trained these two new members up before continuing, partly in Ilex Forest, but also Underground.
♦ Once again, I used Roche and Shadus against Whitney. I took out Clefairy with Roche, and then used Shadus with Hypnosis and Curse against Miltank. Roche then handled the rest, as I didn't wanna die due to Rollout.
♦ Went north to Route 35, where Contessa died against a Marill. Poison Sting just wasn't doing enough damage. Caesar finished the battle, and was then paired with Rowena.
♦ My encounter on Route 35 was a Nidoran♂, whom I caught and named Knug XVI.
♦ The Bug Catching Contest was on during the same day, so I decided to try it. My encounter was a male Kakuna, that I named Acuecoon.
♦ Decided to train my team up to Lv 20. Upon doing so, Rowena evolved. I then stopped my adventure for now.

Team:

Pair I:

Spr_2g_153.png

Baeleaf the Bayleef, Lv 20 (♂)
Item: None
Cut, PoisonPowder, Razor Leaf, Reflect

Spr_2g_041.png

Bat Gal the Zubat, Lv 20 (♀)
Bite, Supersonic, Leech Life, Confuse Ray

Pair II:

Spr_2g_079.png

Caesar the Slowpoke, Lv 20 (♂)
Tackle, Curse, Confusion, Water Gun

Spr_2g_022.png

Rowena the Fearow, Lv 20 (♀)
Peck, Growl, Leer, Fury Attack

Pair III:

Spr_2g_092.png

Shadus the Gastly, Lv 20 (♂)
Lick, Hypnosis, Curse, Mean Look

Spr_2g_074.png

Roche the Geodude, Lv 20 (♀)
Tackle, Defense Curl, Rock Throw, Magnitude

Deaths:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Uh, I think you mean Gold, haha. :P Anyway, let's get to my business here.

Heart Gold Wedlocke - Update #4

Spoiler:

So here's my team:
Spoiler:

RIP:
Spoiler:

Chevitile

Little Monster
Years
Oh yeah sorry, thanks :) So I decided to play some more yesterday and today, but a part of me wishes I hadn't... so many deaths.

♦ On Route 36 I caught a Nidoran♀, whom I named Bluebeary. And on Route 37, I encountered a female Stantler that I caught and named Dialle.
♦ Made it to Ecruteak and went to the Burnt Tower, where Roche swept my rival. I then caught a male Koffing, named Choaking.
♦ Defeated the gym trainers, and then challenged Morty, using Bat Gal and Baeleaf. Bat Gal had now evolved into Golbat, and worked wonders with Bite. Against Gengar, I used Baeleaf to set up Reflect, but it kept on using Hypnosis. Therefore, once I could switch out into Bat Gal to attack, its effect wore off. I won, though.
♦ Went up against the Kimono Girls, brought them all down and received Surf. Taught it to Caesar, and then started going west.
♦ On Route 38, I encounered a Miltank, but I was unable to catch it due to poisoning taking it out. I encountered another one on Route 39 though, that I was able to capture. Named it Milkshake.
♦ Once in Olivine City, I climbed to the top of the Lighthouse, and then I picked up the Good Rod. Then, I backtracked to get some new encounters. In Violet City, I surfed and encountered a female Poliwag that I caught and named Aina. Cherrygrove offered me a female Tentacool, called Chironex. In Ecruteak, my encounter was a female Magikarp, named Jasmine. I got myself a female Krabby named Cookie in Olivine City.
♦ Backtracked some more to Headbutt some trees. On Route 42, I got a female Heracross named Tekeze, and in Azalea Town I encountered a female Exeggcute named Chanel.
♦ Continued on Route 40, where I fished up a female Corsola. Called it Coraline.
♦ This is where things started to go downhill. Firstly, a swimmer's Shellder was able to take out Rowena. Caesar finished it off, and was then partnered with Bluebeary, whom I trained before continuing.
♦ On Route 41, I encountered a Mantine, but it died to poison.
♦ Further down the Route, a trainer's Gyarados was way too strong for Bat Gal, who fainted. Baeleaf avenged her, and was then partnered with Dialle.
♦ Dialle, however, died as I was training her. A wild Tentacruel poisoned her, and then I was unable to flee from it. Chironex became Baeleaf's new partner.
♦ Another swimmer's Horsea knew Dragon Rage, which was a serious threat to Caesar. He fainted, and Bluebeary killed it off. She was then partnered with Zey-J.
♦ Trained Zey-J up and then challenged the gym trainers with him and Bluebeary, but I battled Chuck with Baeleaf and Chironex. Reflect helped a lot, as well as poison and confusion. I earned the badge.
♦ Obtained the Fly HM outside the gym, but as I had no flyers, I simply had to Surf back to Olivine.
♦ Before taking on the gym in Olivine, I wanted to do some more training. Due to this, I went to Union Cave, where the first trainer managed to kill half my team. Roche and Shadus were first up against his Marowak, whose Bone Club completely annihilated both of them. I then sent out Chironex, blatantly disregarding the fact that she's half Poison-type and just thinking "A water move would take this thing out". She did take out his first Marowak, but he had a second one, who killed her easily. Baeleaf could handle it well, though.
♦ I partnered Baeleaf with Jasmine, and decided on a new pairing of Choaking and Tekeze.
♦ Currently about to train my new members up.

Team:

Pair I:

Spr_2g_153.png

Baeleaf the Bayleef, Lv 28 (♂)
Item: Miracle Seed
Cut, PoisonPowder, Razor Leaf, Reflect

Spr_2g_129.png

Jasmine the Magikarp, Lv 10 (♀)
Splash

Pair II:

Spr_2g_188.png

Zey-J the Skiploom, Lv 26 (♂)
Headbutt, Leech Seed, PoisonPowder, Stun Spore

Spr_2g_031.png

Bluebeary the Nidoqueen, Lv 25 (♀)
Body Slam, Tackle, Poison Sting, Double Kick

Pair III:

Spr_2g_109.png

Choaking the Koffing, Lv 16 (♂)
Poison Gas, Tackle, Smog

Spr_2g_214.png

Tekeze the Heracross, Lv 10 (♀)
Tackle, Leer, Horn Attack, Strength

Deaths:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 3, 2014
Name: HappyWaffles9000 (hello!)
Game: Y
Ultimate or Single?: Single
Any optional rules?: Level limits, highest level Pokemon of upcoming gym leader / 65 for Elite Four, 3 healing items per battle

Chevitile

Little Monster
Years
Third update for my Gold Wedlocke:

♦ Trained my team members up to be around the same level as the rest of my members.
♦ Forgot to get the SecretPotion back in Cianwood, so I went to get that.
♦ Gave it to Jasmine and decided to hold off on battling her for now, so I went west towards Mahogany instead.
♦ On Route 43, I found a male Flaaffy that I named Woolec. Used Headbutt on some of the trees at Lake of Rage, and out popped a Pineco, but it killed itself.
♦ Took on the shiny Gyarados, who managed to kill Baeleaf with Dragon Rage when he was at 39 HP. Jasmine finished it off, and was then partnered with Woolec.
♦ Woolec, however, died almost instantly as it died to a wild Seaking after being unable to flee from it. I partnered Jasmine with Knug XVI, whom I could train up without any problems.
♦ Went to raid the Rocket Hideout with Lance's help. I earned the Whirlpool HM as a reward.
♦ Then, I took on the Mahogany gym, using Jasmine and Knug XVI against Pryce.
♦ After having won, I believe I took on Jasmine, using the same pairing and winning quite easily.
♦ I then raided Team Rocket in Goldenrod. Sadly, one of the executives managed to take out my second pairing. His Weezing used Selfdestruct against Bluebeary, and Zey-J, being a Grass-type, did not fare well against all of his Poison-types.
♦ For my new pairing, I decided on Milkshake, and to hopefully hatch a male Togepi. I walked around with it a lot, and trained up my team members in the meantime. I also got the PokéRus while doing this! Once it hatched, I trained some more to increase its happiness.
♦ Then I realized that the egg had hatched on a route where I had already caught something. Luckily, I hadn't used my Togepi (male and named Starlight) in battle, so I just boxed it. Milkshake's partner the Eevee Bill gives you in Goldenrod, so that was my encounter there. It was male, and I named it Esphynx.
♦ Walked around with it to increase its happiness, and then it evolved into Espeon. Trained him up as well.
♦ Took care of the rest of the Goldenrod business, and then returned to Mahogany.
♦ On Route 44, I encountered a Weepinbel whom I got a critical hit on while trying to weaken it, resulting in me killing it.
♦ In the Ice Path, I caught a female Swinub and named it Mamo.
♦ I then remembered I hadn't caught anything at the Ruins of Alph, so I went through the Union Cave, and then caught a female Natu at my destination. I called it Natix.
♦ Went back to the Ice Path and made it to Blackthorn City.
♦ Took on Clair using Milkshake and Esphynx, who did a very great job despite her Kingdra being quite scary.
♦ Went to the Dragon's Den to get my badge, and also encountered a female Dratini there. I caught it and named it Dracolosse.
♦ Picked up the Dragon Fang and got the badge.
♦ Went down to Route 46, where I encountered a Gligar that died due to poisoning.
♦ On Route 45, I caught a female Jigglypuff named Bubblegum.
♦ I could then make my way to the Pokémon League. In Tohjo Falls, I caught a female Goldeen named Golddigger.
♦ On Route 27, I encountered a Quagsire, but it fled...
♦ Against a trainer on the same route, Jasmine died. He had a Magneton whom I was unable to OHKO. Knug XVI finished the job, and was then partnered with Golddigger.
♦ Trained it up and then continued.
♦ Route 26 offered me a male Doduo, whom I caught and named Guava.
♦ In Victory Road, I caught a female Ursaring named Junbi. I also battled my rival using Knug XVI and Golddigger.
♦ Before taking on the Pokémon League, I trained my team up to Lv 43, and taught them some moves.
♦ I used Milkshake and Esphynx against Will and Koga, and then Bruno was handled by Choaking and Tekeze. The latter one made great use of Counter, for once!
♦ Karen was handled by Knug XVI and Golddigger, although her Houndoom managed to take out Golddigger after a Sp. Def drop from Crunch. Knug XVI could finish it off easily, though.
♦ Finally, Lance was handled by Esphynx and Milkshake. He was pretty difficult, and was very close to finishing off both my Pokémon at some points. However, I prevailed in the end.
♦ Partnered Knug XVI with Dracolosse, and will be going to Kanto shortly!

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:

Pair I:

Spr_2g_034.png

Knug XVI the Nidoking, Lv 44 (♂)
Item: Amulet Coin
Double Kick, Earthquake, Horn Attack, Poison Sting

Spr_2g_147.png

Dracolosse the Dratini, Lv 10 (♀)
Wrap, Leer, ThunderWave, DragonBreath

Pair II:

Spr_2g_196.png

Esphynx the Espeon, Lv 45 (♂)
Psybeam, Swift, Sand-Attack, Quick Attack

Spr_2g_241.png

Milkshake the Miltank, Lv 44 (♀)
Item: Quick Claw
Stomp, Milk Drink, Body Slam, Ice Punch

Pair III:

Spr_2g_110.png

Choaking the Weezing, Lv 43 (♂)
Item: Poison Barb
Sludge, Poison Gas, Tackle, SmokeScreen

Spr_2g_214.png

Tekeze the Heracross, Lv 43 (♀)
Strength, Counter, Horn Attack, Take Down

Deaths:
Spoiler:

Years
Congrats on getting through Johto! As I said, you only have to get through Kanto for me to declare the challenge complete. Hope that all works out! Anyway, let's take care of my end.

Heart Gold Wedlocke - Update #5

Spoiler:

Here was my final team for Johto:
Spoiler:

RIP:
Spoiler:

I'll try to update the OP in a little bit, ugh it's been a while since I got to that.

Chevitile

Little Monster
Years
Thank you! For the final update of Gold, I honestly haven't got much to say. I trained up everyone to Lv 50 before going to Kanto, and once there, I just started beating gyms left and right. Lt. Surge was swept by Knug XVI, Esphynx took care of Janine, Choaking brought down Erika, Brock required some teamwork from Esphynx and Milkshake, and Knug XVI swept Blaine. I held off on battling Misty and Sabrina, as I thought they would be the most troublesome. Esphynx and Milkshake teamed up for Misty, and then Milkshake could solo Sabrina. Last up was Blue, against whom Knug XVI and Dracolosse battled for the victory, despite being tough. I'm surprised I managed to get through Kanto without any deaths! I did catch a bunch of stuff on the routes, so here's a list of those encounters:

Spoiler:

Screen:
Spoiler:

Team:

Pair I:

Spr_2g_034.png

Knug XVI the Nidoking, Lv 53 (♂)
Item: Amulet Coin
Double Kick, Earthquake, Horn Attack, Poison Sting

Spr_2g_149.png

Dracolosse the Dragonite, Lv 56 (♀)
Dragonbreath, Surf, Thunder Wave, Fly

Pair II:

Spr_2g_196.png

Esphynx the Espeon, Lv 54 (♂)
Psybeam, Morning Sun, Psychic, Cut

Spr_2g_241.png

Milkshake the Miltank, Lv 55 (♀)
Item: Quick Claw
Stomp, Milk Drink, Body Slam, Ice Punch

Pair III:

Spr_2g_110.png

Choaking the Weezing, Lv 53 (♂)
Item: Poison Barb
Sludge, Poison Gas, Tackle, Smokescreen

Spr_2g_214.png

Tekeze the Heracross, Lv 54 (♀)
Strength, Megahorn, Horn Attack, Reversal

I do want to challenge Red, but as it will take a long time to train up my team, I'm holding off on that for the moment, and focusing on my next game, Sapphire. I've already played a little bit, but I'm only one badge in.

Years
Heart Gold Wedlocke Challenge - Update #6

Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

RIP:
Spoiler:

That will declare Heart Gold complete for me, although I do plan to take on Red. When, however, I don't know.

Years
I failed my Volt White 2 Wedlocke at Cheren but I didn't give up- Instead I decided to do one on White 2 - and did the whole after game aswell+rematching elite 4 and champion.

Here is the first round that didn't go all that well:

Spoiler:

Than I lost both Dunsparce and Cinccino in the Pinwheel forest due to crits >_>

Than the rematch came - and I was just really really really afraid of it after the first round..

Spoiler:

But I did it!

And here is the final team that I used:

195.gif

Ariel|Female|Hasty Nature|Damp|Lvl 100
Earthquake
Rain Dance
Scald
Ice Beam

Paired with~

538.gif

Blake|Male"|Bashful Nature|Guts|Lvl 100
Endure
Wide Guard
Superpower
Reversal
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

565.gif

Armoire|Male|Impish Nature|Solid Rock|Lvl 100
Surf
Rock Slide
Crunch
Ice Beam

Paired with~

591.gif

Cruella|Female|Sassy Nature|Effect Spore|Lvl 100
SolarBeam
Giga Drain
Toxic
Sludge Bomb
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

587.gif

Vitani|Female|Impish Nature|Static|Lvl 100
Encore
Volt Switch
Acrobatics
Thunder

Paired with~

518.gif

Grimsby|Male|Relaxed Nature|Forewarn|Lvl 100
Psychic
Dream Eater
Psyshock
Stored Power​

Last edited:
Years
Those videos aren't working, i'll have to be verified on the amount of deaths you had before I can count it.

Also, for my own Heart Gold Wedlocke, I beat Red back late in August, but I didn't post it because I couldn't from the double post rule, but I will now.

Heart Gold Wedlocke, Update #7 - Final Update

Spoiler:

Here was my final team:
Spoiler:

RIP:
Spoiler:

Also, I might be changing my Hoenn game to Emerald, I have copies of all three games (Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald) with me, but sadly my Emerald version has its internal battery run dry. If I had a good Emerald ROM for a MacBook I think I would use that, but alas, I don't. I haven't decided yet, though.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 30, 2014
I've already started one on my HG series but I'll sign it up so I can update it here if you'd like to see it.
Name:
Game:
Single: Single
Optional Rules: Black out =Game over and What other use do Pokeballs have?

Years
Well, I'll join!!

Name: SkorXX

Game: Pokemon Sacred Gold, a rom hack from Drayano, I think y'all should know this rom hack lol.

Ultimate or Single?: Single! Don't have X and Y soon!

Optional Rules: No Legendaries, Dupes Clause, Nickname everything and finally Have Fun! =D

Years
Name: Clemstar
Game: Black 2
Single or Ultimate?: Single

Optional Rules:
-A black out is game over.
-You cannot catch legendary pokemon.
-Starter is chosen based on my Trainer ID.

I'll get started straight away thanks. So keen!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 15, 2023
Name: DarkChibimon
Game: Fire Red
Any optional rules?: A black out is game over, Make comics of your challenge and have fun! (strongly recommended)

Years
I LOST THE WEDLOCKE BUT I'M HERE FOR ANOTHER ONE!

Name: SkorXX
Game: Pokemon Sacred Gold(Again)
Ultimate or Single?: Single, at the moment, no 3DS ;--;
Any optional rules?:
-Must Update at the forums every two towns/cities.
-Any Cat Pokemon, Eevee evolutions(and Zangoose) have 9 lives, it will only die if it has fainted 9 times.
-BlackOut = Dead except dat rule^
-Nickname Everything
-No Legendaries
-Dupes Clause is on.
Above all else, Have Fun!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 7, 2014
Name: Conflict131
Game: Fire Red
Any optional rules:
Black out means game over.
No Legendaries

Years
Name: AoTora
Game: Pokemon Spirit Emerald :3
Ultimate or Single?: Single :3
Optional Rules: No legendaries (Even Lati@s are banned)
Must nickname everything
Shiny Clause and Dupes Clause are in place

Years
Hey, everyone. I haven't started any new challenges here yet, but I wanted to point out that with the release of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, there are a few ways some might interpret the ending of the game - first you take on the Champion, Steven, but then there are the credits and you battle Brendan/May, but they have much lower level Pokémon than the Champion and they don't give EXP. But after that, there's the Delta Episode, which you are thrown into the next time you pick up your game. Some people will choose to do that for their plays to make it a tad longer, and I probably will when I inevitably have my turn here.

So i'll have to decide on how i'll measure that. Anyway, please continue to enjoy this challenge!

Chevitile

Little Monster
Years
Finally, I'm able to get back into this! I'll start with an update on my Sapphire Wedlocke, which I actually finished this summer - just haven't had time to update. As such, I've forgotten nearly everything, and I just have my notes to help me.

Spoiler:

Team:
Pair I:
Spr_3e_076.gif

101 the Golem, Lv 56 (♀)
Item: Soft Sand
Earthquake, Rock Throw, Tackle, Rock Smash

Spr_3e_169.gif

Snipe the Crobat, Lv 56 (♂)
Item: BlackGlasses
Aerial Ace, Sludge Bomb, Fly, Bite

Pair II: