• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Hacking Basics

Neo-Wolf

I am back!
Years
Huh ? Bad spellings .. Correcting.
Grammar... Correcting.
Oh my gosh! Did I say VM was Virtual Message? New to PC days...
Adding links to tools...

SharpPoint

Suicune used Surf!
Years
I don't think Spriting is a main part of hacking. You can easily create an amazing hack without a spriter. Just my opinion.

saison

Black Knight of Dusk
Years
Okay, AmazingCouchPotato, I can tell when you're just posting to get your post count up, and and it's quite an eyesore to see four threads in a row with the most recent post from you with a simple reply that adds nothing to the topic.

There are other threads that do need attention as well and you're just bumping them down.
Sorry for doing the same thing right now, and I don't mind being reported on this comment, please do.

ON TOPIC: Okay, Neo-Wolf, good for beginners, but I think this should be very noob friendly since this is pretty much telling an absolute beginner what should be included in a PKMN ROM hack. Other than that, good work on getting down the core parts :D

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2010
Im kind of a noob at this. Ive been using the map editors and stuff for a while but when it comes to scripting im using Score_Unders PKSV to help me... Im trying to script the begginning parts (RUBY) where Professor Birch Is talking and when your mom comes out and starts talking... I cant seem to find her offset number and i have no idea where to find Birchs speech either... Can someone direct me where to go? I cant find a tutorial on it

Back