• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] The Lost Islands League 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kranic

What did you say about my hair
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2014
Going to edit this post later, but I figured I should at least have this here. Not a final yet.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

pokeman10000

Leftie
Years
@Nakuzami - I'm really sorry, I haven't had any time at all to catch up on the SU, I've barely had the couple of mins needed for this post :p I will try my best to have it done by this weekend, I'm really sorry for how long it's taking :/

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
@Nakuzami - I'm really sorry, I haven't had any time at all to catch up on the SU, I've barely had the couple of mins needed for this post :p I will try my best to have it done by this weekend, I'm really sorry for how long it's taking :/

Ah, glad to be hearing something! I was afraid you might have disappeared, lol.
No need to rush just yet. I'll start rushing people in a few days.

Hopefully we can get all of the roleplayers we need by next week and get this thing started.

Nakuzami

Years
Oh noez ;n;
I understand, though. It's better to realize that you don't have time for a roleplay before you join rather than after. I always realize after the fact, pfft.

Come back anytime, though.

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
Hmm... do you mind reserving me?

Name | Danny Balinam
Date of Birth | October 23, 2001
Gender | Male
Hometown | Sunyshore City, Sinnoh
Password | I'm lost!

Appearance | (What does your character look like? Physical aspects such as basic build, height, weight, facial features, hair style, hair and eye color, et cetera, as well as the style of clothing they wear.)

Personality | (What does your character act like? How do they think? How's their social and personal lives, relationship-wise? Anything else, like sexual orientation or something? Get creative, get detailed(as detailed as you can get, at least)!)

History | (Any and all major and/or important events that have taken place in your character's life thus far. What was their childhood like? Are they an experienced trainer? Have they done anything worth mentioning? So long as they haven't become a Trainer God, it's all good.)
Starter Pokémon
(You may have either two pure-typed pokémon, or one dual-typed pokémon.)

Species | Growlithe
Gender | Male
Name | Blaze
Moveset | Bite, Roar, Ember, Leer, Oder Sleuth, Helping Hand, Dig (TM move)

Species | Eevee
Gender | Female
Name | Evelyn
Moveset | Helping Hand, Growl, Tackle, Tail Whip, Sand Attack, Baby-Doll Eyes, Swift, Quick Attack, Yawn (egg move)
Writing Sample | (Just to see what your style of writing is like. Make it about the day that your character received their invitation to the Lost Tournament.)

Miscellaneous | (Anything that hasn't been covered above that you feel is worth mentioning.)

Just a placeholder for now.​

Last edited:

Nakuzami

Years
That's fine. I don't like to rush people, since I know it's not always quick or easy to come up with a proper SU, but I'll start cracking down on that soon. You have a little time left, though.

ThaTruth

#7 > #6
Years

Name | Romulus Damian Rainier

Date of Birth | July 8, 2001 - 19 Years Old

Gender | Male

Hometown | Lumiose City, Kalos

Password | Help meh, I'm lost :,(

Appearance |
Unlike his adoptive family of short, pale, and blond people, Romulus sticks out at six foot six inches, two hundred fifty two pounds, with sunny brown hair. He wears his hair pretty much shortish all around with the top slightly longer than the sides, and slightly gels it upwards. (Pic for reference). He is of white descent, and his skin leans a bit towards the fairer side of things. And those two hundred fifty two pounds? Ninety-five percent of it is muscle. He's not grossly muscled, but it's definitely something to show off. The one thing he shares with his family though, is his confident icy blue eyes. The eyes of someone with power and wealth. In fact, it was a big reason in why he was adopted by the Rainiers. Romulus is considered by many to be attractive, with sharp facial features that compliment him well. He's primarily pretty clean shaven, but every now and then he'll find himself with a five o' clock shadow.

Romulus's clothing style is actually pretty simple, compared to most Lumiose residents. He doesn't wear a lot of accessories or extras, like scarves, bracelets, piercings, etc, with the one exception of chains. Usually he'll wear some kind of athletic type of wear, like sweats and a dri-fit shirt (Think Nike, or the pokemon version of Nike.) Or he'll just get a white t-shirt with some jeans if he feels particularly lazy that day. One thing about being a Rainier though, is having to show up at family parties, work parties, things of that sort. That means he's no stranger to wearing a suit, and he prefers one in white. The one part of his clothes he really cares about however, is his basketball shoes. He can get by not having the luxury form of shirts and pants, but he's got to have some Jordans (or something like it) on his feet at all times.
Personality |
Romulus is truly the son of a self-made millionaire, he inherited a lot of the qualities from his father. For one, he is a pretty calm person like his father for the most part, but he can be less so when it come's to stuff he's passionate about. And he has his father's ability to put in hard work, whether it be something he like or something that he needed to get done. By extension, his work in school made him quite an intelligent person when it comes to book smarts, and his teachings in business made him a fairly charismatic young man. He can talk to anyone, regardless of appearance, age, or gender, read them, and figure out a way to sell or gain something from them. This comes well when he's at a family/business party and has to socialize, because most people will end up liking him. But even though he knows how to talk to people well, it doesn't necessarily means he want's too. Being apart of the business world since he was seven has made him into a little bit of a cynic, believing most people can have ulterior motives. In fact, he has more of a 'polite' tone when he speaks to random people than nice, but most people don't notice it or don't care. Although, once he warms up to the person, he can be one of the nicer people one could meet. He will go way out of his way for the people he cares for, and a lot of the time doesn't even blink an eye about it. And even though he can be a bit cynical, he's more of a happy person than he is a negative person. Romulus tends to warm up faster to pokemon more than anything however, the boy has always had a soft spot for them.​

History |
For the first seven years of Romulus's life, he was an orphan. He was born in Saffron City, Kanto and was given up the day of his birth by his birth mother to the Saffron orphanage. To be completely serious, it wasn't as bad as one might've thought. In fact, it's one of the better orphanages to be in, in the Kanto region. It had enough to properly feed everyone in there, enough guidance to make sure no one was bullied to the extreme, and enough money to put clean(ish) clothes on the kids backs. It still didn't have enough to stop the kids from wanting more. Many dreamed of a family, or a big home all to themselves, or of course, being a pokemon master. Romulus was apart of that last group. Pokemon battling was a huge part of his life, even if he wasn't the one doing it. He kept up with the pokemon league tournaments of all six regions, watched the battles everytime they came on T.V., studied matchups, everything of that sort. Romulus was certain he was on his way to becoming a pokemon master, if only he wasn't stuck in that orphanage.

Four days after his seventh birthday was the day he was adopted. It was pretty much a normal day untill after dinner time, when he got called into the adoption room with a few other children. That was when he met his then future father, who adopted him that night. Later in life, Romulus asked why he had been picked. He wasn't exactly the kind to act all cutesy when a potential adopter came in, in fact he was kind of bitter since he got rejected so many times. His father told him, "You had the eyes of greatness, Romulus, I could see it in you. And nothing less than greatness can fit in the Rainier family."

After he was adopted, he soon found out he hadn't been adopted by just some guy. It was a rich some guy. Romulus now lived in the Rainier Mansion, right outside of Lumiose City, Kalos. He would live here for the remainder of his current life, all the way up to today.

Following a few months to get acclamaited to the new surroundings, people, region, etc., he was introduced to the family business. Romulus wasn't just adopted out of the pureness of his father's heart (probably his mother's though), he was adopted to be the heir of Rainier international. The company was a clothing company, specializing in expensive clothing like suits, ties, and things like that, but they did dabble in more common clothes. Mr. Rainier had a few other investments, but that was his main money maker. Romulus was being educated at one of the finest school systems Lumiose had to offer, plus being personally taught business by his father. And on top of that, he was put into various physical activities with the rest of his free time, which as he got older just turned into him having a personal trainer. These things would mainly remain untill this day, with a few exceptions.

One of those exceptions, was the allowance of Romulus to pokemon battle. At the beginning of Romulus's life as a Rainier, everything was about him being worked in some way to eventually inherit the business, and be successful at it. In fact, the only reason he got adopted by them, was because Mrs. Rainier was infertile. But after a few years of being there, Romulus might as well have been blood-related to his parents. He was Mr. and Mrs. Rainiers pride and joy, and when Romulus turned thirteen, his father finally caved (with some help of his mother, of course). His father would allow him to pokemon battle, but not with one of his own. He found a training organization similar to a trainer's school, but much more in-depth. It would teach trainer's skills about pokemon battling, from the very basic, leading to the advanced, even allowing skirmishes between students every now and then with supplied pokemon. The organization was highly revered in Kalos, gaining occasional visits from Elite Four members, gym leaders, and more importantly for Romulus, Professor Sycamore.

Romulus would spend a ton of his free time at the organization up untill he was age eightteen, the last age where they taught classes. During the time he had been there though, he attracted tons of attention. He finished first in the class every year he was in it, and won most of the tournaments they would hold there, plus some other ones his teacher could get him outside the organization. One particular person's attention he gathered, was the famous Proffesor Sycamore. In fact Sycamore and Romulus ended up being on a talking basis by the time he was sixteen. They were by no means great friends, but if they would meet each other on the street, they'd have a nice conversation then move on with their day.

Once Romulus graduated from high school, his father immediately employed him under an internship. He had been being taught the business since he had been adopted by his father, but it was the real deal now. He went with his father to work every time he did, he had to go on business meetings, business parties, the whole nine yards. Romulus's career kinda pushed pokemon away a bit, since his freetime dwindled a good bit, but the dream still didn't fade. Once he got an actual job within the company, he would finally get a pokemon of his own, and make his own mark on the battling scene...

In fact, Romulus was thinking of the one way he could do that. That one way could be to be to beat the Lost Islands League and become the Lost Hero, but he needed an invitation to even attempt that. And an invitation to the Lost Islands League...? Priceless.​

Starter Pokémon

007.gif

Species | Squirtle
Gender | Male
Name |Poseidon
Moveset | Tackle, Tail Whip, Water Gun, Withdraw, Bubble, Muddy Water

355.gif

Species | Duskull
Gender | Male
Name |Spiros
Moveset | Leer, Nightshade, Disable, Foresight, Astonish, Psychic​

Writing Sample |

"Surprise!" The crowd of people smiled widely at the newcomer in the room, who gave a small smile.

"Romulus, my boy!" Mr. Rainier nudged his way through the mob, spreading out his arms wide to embrace his son.

"Hello, father." Romulus took the other man into hug, then examined the scene before him. Familiar blond heads all around the ballroom, drinks in hand. This was some kind of family event, Romulus was pretty sure of that. His father hadn't been very specific when he called him down to the ballroom. In fact, all the text had said was 'Be downstairs at five, look schnazzy.' Romulus was assuming it was another business party so this was… pleasant. "It's nice to see the family, but… May I ask why I'm having a surprise party? You didn't think today was my birthday, right"

Mr. Rainier chuckled softly, "Of course not. You've just made me proud is all, and I figured a farewell party was in order." He paused for a slight second, before reaching down into his pocket and pulling out a purple slip. He held it out for Romulus to take. "Go ahead. Read it."

To say Romulus's interest was peaked would be an understatement. He grasped the envelope in his hand, and reached inside. His fingers grasped some other kind of paper, smoother than the envelope. The first thing he noticed was his name, some dates and locations for him to be at, terms and conditions, a pretty standard form. It didn't hit him for a few seconds, but then he looked at the top of the page.

"The Lost Islands League..." Romulus looked up at his father, mouth agape. He was being invited to the Lost Islands League. He had heard about the league before, from his own studies, plus from the academy. It was a tournament slated to be every five years, on the newly discovered archipelago, the 'Lost Islands.' From what Romulus understood it was very prestigious to even be invited, there only being 600 people, and you needed an invitation. And here he was, holding one in his hands.

"But my internship--"

"The internship can wait. I've been watching you train for battling your whole life, and working to be the heir for the business equally so." Mr. Rainier placed a hand on Romulus's shoulder, two sets of icy blue eyes connecting. "I think you deserve your own chance to make a mark on this world, Romulus. I've got some workers packing you some supplies for your trip, but it sounds like the organization running this will give you most of what you need."

Romulus's smile stretched from ear to ear, teeth white, bright, and exposed. He took his father in another hug, almost choking his father from the intensity. "Thank you so much, father. I can't tell you how much this means to me."

"Just go out and have some fun. Plus, winning wouldn't be to bad either." He winked at his son, before handing him something to drink. He clinked his glasses together, calling the room's attention to him. He waited until the chatter died down, before raising his glass.

"I would like to present a toast to Romulus, a businessman fit of the Rainier name, a superb pokemon trainer, the best son I could have asked for, and the future Lost Hero.--"

Last edited:

Nakuzami

Years
Okay, all previous reservations have been dropped, with the exception of ThaTruth and Kranic.

@Kranic - I assume you still intend to expand upon your history (if you still plan to partake at all); if not, I'm going to ask that you do. Also, I'd like for you to use Professor Juniper, as your character is from Unova and the professors in the roleplay are those from the main series.

Nakuzami

Years
Sure! I've added you to the main post.

Once you three have your sign-ups done, we can start the roleplay. Sign-ups will remain open, but I don't want to have to postpone this for too much longer. I might wait until after the eighth of March to really get things going, as I'll have more free time then, since I'll be done with my school's musical.

So, basically, I'd like you guys to get your sign-ups done soon-ish, but I don't want you to feel too rushed or anything.

chihoeek

(=w=)/
Years
Awesome! Thank you~!
I'll do my best to finish her up this weekend, the latest. I've already got everything thought up, I just have to type it out when I find the time. Thank you for your patience!​

Kranic

What did you say about my hair
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2014
Sorry about not being able to respond, been really busy the last few days. I'll see if I can update the profile this weekend.

Nakuzami

Years
Okay guys! I just got home from my final performance of my school's musical, so I now have free time---kind of.

I'll get around to sorting things out in the morning, once I wake up and get all sad because I won't have any idea of what to do with my life anymore asdfghjkl; so then I'll get on here and actually start to do things again. I know it's been a while since I opened this thing (didn't know the musical would become pretty much the only thing I had time to do), but it will finally be starting within the next few days! Hopefully.

Edit: I have just submitted the IC Thread! The information necessary for your first post is in it, so get started whenever it shows up!

By the way, Kranic, you are accepted.

ThaTruth, I just need a Writing Sample from you and you should be good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back