• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
How to change the attack of some trainer's pokemon? I try before using PET but the attack there is made up of strange language...

shirokiryuu

L'Arc Fanatic
Years
How do I edit uncompressed sprites? I'm trying to change Professor Oak at the begining, and I found his offsets...

but now I don't know where I should start....

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2014
I've searched for hours, I can't find anything on how to do this...

Is there a possible way to change music? (I know about Sappy, but... It's impossible to use. o.O)

Thanks.

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2014
I seriously with someone would post a Sappy tutorial, sigh. Barely anybody knows how to use it... Anyways, I don't know HEX... And, it's wayyy too hard to learn, meh. >.<

foofatron

Banned
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 2, 2007
I used Diamond cutter to put a script on my rom how do I find the script and put it on a person?

Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2007
can anyone tell me how to change what people in pokemon ruby and emerald tell me and how can i change the images of the people (eg. make someone look like pikachu)

ck1109

Mew Rules!
Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2009
how do you attatch the save file in vba. sorry im noy very good at attatching files. if you an add diagrams that would be great

Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 11, 2023
Ok, if I edit a Pokémon's stats and movesets in Ruby and transfer them to Diamond, will the changes be applied in the Diamond ROM? Or would they reset when traded?

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I used Diamond cutter to put a script on my rom how do I find the script and put it on a person?

Type in the offset you used for the script in the spot (in Advance Map) for your person that says 'script offset', and in Elite Map, go to the Objects tab, and then below that, click on the People tab, then find the person's number and type in the person's offset in the spot that says 'Script'. It's pretty simple.

foofatron

Banned
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 2, 2007
How do I find the offset?

How can insert this with the same colors and pal into Ruby?Since I think Kyledove made this for Ruby.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Ok, if I edit a Pokémon's stats and movesets in Ruby and transfer them to Diamond, will the changes be applied in the Diamond ROM? Or would they reset when traded?

The stats won't change however you edit them, with a gameshark, action replay or if you hack the ROM etc.

Swimmer♂

Glub! Glub! Glub!
Years
i mean the intro where prof oak talks 2 u
use a hex editor and a table file and search for the first line or so of what prof oak says, then highlight it and edit it. if you're not sure go to the document and turoials section and look in the old documents thread. click on the link and there is a very helpful tutorial at the very bottom (119)
hope this helps ya!

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2008
Hello,

I think that I'm in phase when I desperately take every help I should get. Please tell me how to edit palletes of tilesets. I was searching even Google for any tut, but no use of any for ROM hacking. So, does anyone know where to find tutorial, or how to help this desperate person? Thank you very much.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Hello,

I think that I'm in phase when I desperately take every help I should get. Please tell me how to edit palletes of tilesets. I was searching even Google for any tut, but no use of any for ROM hacking. So, does anyone know where to find tutorial, or how to help this desperate person? Thank you very much.

Green Charizard made a palette editing tutorial, I think he'll post it in PC soon.

Does someone know wot the easiest way or way to edit tileset palletes??
pls help me and i even tried google!(doesnt help)
Pls!if anyone cud help me!!

You could just wait for Matt's question to get answered instead of repeating the question.

Swimmer♂

Glub! Glub! Glub!
Years
Can anyone halp me out? does anyone know for certain whether or not i can add new map labels in ruby, e.g Port Town without deleting the old labels? plz help cos i've made some progress but never get the result.
Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back