• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen "X, Y", new Gym styles, and other stuff (mostly complaints)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 15, 2024
  • "X" and "Y" are kinda weird names for a Pokemon game. Not to mention, why change the name so drastically from the previous gen, after restarting the whole "gem" motif with Black and White? I think it's meant to be a reference to the grid-based system Pokemon used to be on (that might be obvious to you Idk).
  • In the trailer it showed the protagonist swinging from a rope to get from one platform to another. This is probably a Gym. If that's the case, then maybe Gyms will be more elaborate for Gen VI, with longer puzzles and maybe even multiple doors to unlock before getting to the Leader. I doubt it, though.
  • The male protagonist looks a lot like the ones from Black and Black2. Is he related or is this just Gamefreak running out of ideas, lulz...

Personally, I don't know how I feel about this. I had guessed before that Gen VI would be when Pokemon went full 3D, (Gen V was just sooo close) but the battle scenes still look iffy. They could be a LOT better:
  • It could show the protagonist the whole time, instead of having him/her disappear. Then you could see him/her giving commands, looking worried when the Pokemon is down on HP, cheering when they win or catch a Pokemon. Watching them white out would be kinda funny too LOL.
  • The is still the standard, separate battle mode apart from the overworld. This is fine, and what Pokemon's all about, but I think they should abandon the whole "fighting on a platform" thing. Here: http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/nintendo/pokemon/pokemonxy/pokemonxy0108-610c.jpg. See how each one is surrounded by a circle of tall grass, then the rest of the grass is short? That's what I mean. AND WHY DO THE POKEMON LOOK LIKE 2D IMAGES PASTED ON A 3D BACKGROUND?

I'm still hyped for it, though ;D. This screen looks dumb (http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/nintendo/pokemon/pokemonxy/pokemonxy0108-610d.jpg) and the characters and Pokemon are ehhhh, but it's still pretty cool. Can't deny that.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
Personally, I'm fine with change. Never any concept too weird because they can be excellent with good execution. The only problem I've got in mind: Its the drastic change is just only for the aesthetic, version name, and the such? Would they actually make a drastic change to the old formula, renew with a fresh one?

Change are the things that make a series keep fresh. Pokemon have change a lot since Generation I and I love it. The problem is some part, and bad art that is, doesn't even change even now.

Years
I am afraid this thread just looks like a complaints thread against Pokemon X/Y from your personal standpoint and no one elses and you are trying to cover a lot of discussions in one thread, when there are individual threads for that. So, I am going to lock this thread.

*Locked.*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back