• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can I stay with you?

Years
If it were me, I'd try to at least get a little backstory on why they're in that situation before I even thought about letting them in. If they're speaking in a sincere tone of voice, and have a story that seems to check out, I might invite them in for a few minutes. There'd be a very slim chance that I'd actually let them spend a single night, let alone any more than that, but I'd at least try to help them figure out a plan of attack, as I've had close family members in a similar situation before.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
That's a pretty hard question. Due to the good morals and value I was raised to have, I'd feel bad if I didn't help him . I wouldn't want to come off rude and throw him out immediately. Though then again, I also can't trust everyone. Who knows what they could be planning? They could be dangerous and might want to kill me so I I wouldn't want them to be in my home long. If they look like they're trustworthy and I get that good vibe from them, I'll let them stay for a while , one night at most ,and then help him with a plan. If he seems too suspicious to me , I'd tell him nicely I can't allow him to stay but I'd do something such as give him some money or the address to a homeless shelter. Either way, I'd try to help them somehow.

Cassiopeiia

Floating
Years
To be honest, it would depend on the person outside my door, whether he/she would be frightening to me or not. As much as I'd like to help this poor soul, I would definitely feel uncomfortable with letting a total stranger into my home. And I wouldn't want to be robbed either, or worse. Maybe if it was a feeble little girl, or some other unthreatening character, would I let them in,
in spite of my guts yelling "noo!". I would, anyhow, try helping them in some way or another. Probably. *~*

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I would probably not let them in to my house because I would be worried if they would rob me or hurt me in some way. it is just I have heard of a few stories like that.

voltianqueen

WITH SEAWATER
Years
  • Age 30
  • TN
  • Seen Feb 9, 2018
The first thing I thought was "No!" but then...I dunno, I might feel bad about it later considering I have no idea who the person is or what their situation is. Maybe we could go somewhere to eat and talk about the situation, and once I'd heard the story and gotten to know a bit about the way this person acts, then I could act accordingly. But everything about that type of situation screams "danger" to me :P

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I wouldn't get as a far as speaking with the individual. I never open my door if I don't know who they are first. I always look through the window first to see who they are.

And if they see me, and know I'm there, they could stand there all they want. I'm not opening the door XD

But, to suspend disbelief and play along - no, I wouldn't let them in.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
No. Do I want a rape case to happen in my own home? >_> I wouldn't even open the door as there is an intercom button coming up to my flat. I'll tell him the hospital is up the road (5 minute walk) or I can find the phone for the local police station and tell him where it is as I think it's only a 10 minute walk away from me. He can stay there.

Back