• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen 20 Days Mark - How Are You Prolonging Your Hype?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
Just had a look online at a date and time calculator aaaand;

Alternative time units
39 days can be converted to one of these units:
3,369,600 seconds
56,160 minutes
936 hours
39 days
5 weeks (rounded down)

It's amazing that were literally only 39 days away now, I remember when it was 9 months to go and that didn't seem long ago at all!

Guy

just a guy
Years
I still need to buy a 3DS before I can put in my preorder for X and Y, which is probably something I will end up doing before the month ends. Other than that, reading a few books, listening to some new albums, working on a long term writing project, and perhaps playing over Platinum is what I might do to pass over the time. Honestly, compared to the months we've waited since January, less than forty days is not that long. It's sort of surreal how quickly the time has passed by since.

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 16, 2019
I'm finishing up my Black 2 game to keep me preoccupied while I wait. I still have two games on the wait list that I need to play (I'm redoing Diamond and Soul Silver). I don't plan on playing them yet because there is no way I'll finish in time. : P The GameStop events are helping make everything move faster for me as well.

toxictwinkie

Mini moose will rule you all
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2014
For me it's visiting pokemon forums and related sites however I don't want to risk burning out my hype so I don't want to read everything. Mainly interested in the new pokes. ^_^

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
I'm keeping my hype by playing various other games and online games. I'm recently keeping it by playing NFS World and it is keeping me patient for so long. I also have hobbies which also keep me patient and most prominant among them is drawing. Also hang around Deviantart and participate with PMD-Explorers.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
Got exams to keep me busy for the time-being, yipee! -.-

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I will be spending the next 38 days deciding whether to pick Bulbasaur or Squirtle...damn picking between them is almost as hard as choosing between the three Hoenn starters...

blue

gucci
Years
I will be spending the next 38 days deciding whether to pick Bulbasaur or Squirtle...damn picking between them is almost as hard as choosing between the three Hoenn starters...

I know, at first I was certain I was choosing Bulbasaur but then I like Squirtle and Charmander just as much and not to mention the Mega Evolutions having an influence on my decision.

Years
I know, at first I was certain I was choosing Bulbasaur but then I like Squirtle and Charmander just as much and not to mention the Mega Evolutions having an influence on my decision.
To make matters worse now I'm even thinking of getting Charizard...and suddenly the 38 days seems so little...

I'm also planning on training some B2W2 Pokémon during the meantime now that transfer to XY has been confirmed :3.

Years
I tend to get busy and distracted from all of the pokémon hype easily due to the fact that I focus on real life things and work a lot but I always check in every week or so to see what's new. I'm getting better because I was only a day late in reading about the latest new features. So far the only thing keeping me from getting too hyped is the fact that I'll be playing another soon to be out game later this month and that will keep me busy until Oct 12th. Until then things are rather boring and even my older games are not interesting to me. I really want the next big updated piece of information to mention what the starters become. I will be really annoyed if fennekin becomes fire/fighting. It's like that's a broken record right now. It was awesome in Ruby but now it's old. I'm hoping for fire/psy or fire/dark. If it's fighting then I'm using froakie XD

Altair1

Willpower
Years
I'm trying to finish a heap of Pokemon games I bought recently...
It's getting really tiring though. I've started from Diamond, Pearl and Platinum, all the way through to Black 2 and White 2. I'm up to White 2 now, just finished beating the first gym.
I feel like it's such a drag, so at the moment I'm on my GBA playing FireRed. I still have LG and R/S/E to finish as well!
Not to mention Luigi's Mansion 2, Mario and Luigi Dream Team Bros. and New Super Mario Bros. U ...
Lucky the PS4 isn't out yet, I'd have another 3 games on that list, CoD: Ghosts, AC: Black Flag and Watchdogs...

atomtanned

Delinquent
Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2022
just gotta make sure i have the money to buy the game, plus i still need to pre order it :P

Me too! October 12th is right before my paycheck comes in, so I want to make sure I have enough money to buy it on release day... oh yeah and feed myself for those two or three days afterwards ;)

I've been replaying all of the games... I thought I would maybe finish them by the time the new ones came out, but I'm only on Platinum, unfortunately. Oh well! This will be the first time in a while I'll be playing a game right after the release, so I'm really excited about that.

Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2014
Just picked up my shiny Dialga from EB. Gonna learn how to 5th gen rng for these last 3 event pokemon.

My guess is that the shiny creation trio will trigger an event in X and Y like the shiny beasts did in gen 5

Years
Just picked up my shiny Dialga from EB. Gonna learn how to 5th gen rng for these last 3 event pokemon.

My guess is that the shiny creation trio will trigger an event in X and Y like the shiny beasts did in gen 5

The beasts event in BW tie with the Zoroark movie...so I wonder what the creation trio will be activate if there'll be a justification for it...right now I only see them activating a MegaStone event for their master and creator, Arceus...

I'm also going to be replaying some of my other 3DS games and see if I can finish them again before release...36 days left now so I'll try to complete one every 13 days since I have 3 games.

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2017
I was not so hyped for Pokemon X and Y release dates, but then I heard about 2DS coming at same day for 100 €.

Thoughts after that: givemegivemegivemegiveme...

Years
Well, I just started soft-resetting for a shiny Charmander in SoulSilver, in hopes of getting one by the time X and Y come out. I have the time and patience for it, but I don't know if I have the perseverance - it's so boring! D:

Edit: I got my shiny after only two days. I was shocked I got it so soon. Now I'm just continuing to fill my Pokedex in SoulSilver. I also need to keep training in Black so I can beat Alder.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
I've been replaying some older games of Pokemon main series as countdown,
from DP(completed) > HGSS(nearly complete) > RS(on the way to sixth Gym) > BW1 > Pt > BW2
But...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back