• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Journeys through Novia [M]

Aquali Umiko

Roaring back with a vengeance!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 5, 2015
Enthusiasm is kind of my thing. ^^

I'm finishing on SU for the X-Men Roleplay and working on the post, so busy night for me.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
Oh, I only though we were skipping Route 2 as you didn't mention it at all when you said we would be spending three days in Carilion Forest and then the next town, and also in the order of things at the OP post you had Route 2 before Carilion Forest, and so I found it weird that we were heading straight into the forest first.

Years
We weren't... Route 2 is before the Forest. It's the end of chapter 2 whilst the forest is the beginning of chapter 3.

Years
Okay guys, Aquali (Vaporeon) has had to leave this RP for various reasons and most of the RPers in Novia have been inactive. With that in mind I am going to try and give this RP the kick start it needs. I know that I said I was going to wait until chapter five to start giving people the boot but I need to make room for new, more active RPers. So from this point on JasonWolf, Blaziken153, Aualli (and by extension Foxrally), Minnesotan Gamer and Fenne-kun have all been removed from this RP.

The three of us that remain (right now) will keep going as per normal and I'll start advertising the new space soon.

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years

[size="+7"]LIGHTS - JULIE ENTERS![/size]

Ani133MS.png
Ani333MS.png
Ani037MS.png
Ballempty.png
Ballempty.png
Ballempty.png
Name: Julienne Ratliff; JULIE
Theme Song: [S-HIGHLIGHT]Lights - Ellie Goulding[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

Appearance: The basics of her psyche. She is a tall, slender teenage girl, that looks somehow older and more developed for a girl her age. Her round face contains a fe freckles that are rarely noticed, a tiny nose and ears and a pair of blue eyes. Her height and weight are of ________ and ________, respectively.

Her long hair is sometimes held by a blue ribbon that falls down as much as her hair is supposed to when it isn't there. Her usual attire will consist of shades of purple. A deep purple knee-lenght skirt, a clear purple blouse that almost nears pink colors. The only exceptions for her attire would be her shoes and socks. Long black socks and a pair of white tennis shoes. They didn't come in purple... she wanted them purple. A neatly organized purse of the color (you guessed it) purple will keep ahold of her many gizmos, such as Pokéballs and the like.

Her near perfect skin is given naturally, and not by any makeup. She despises the use of artificial products that fake beauty in people. If you're not lucky in matter of appearance, you should still embrace your looks with grace and elegance, not cling desperately to a nice look with vicious claws.

One thing she IS fond of is accessories. Bands of colors and all sorts of shapes decorate her arms all the way around. Just because. She simply likes them. PROBLEM?!

Personality: As cliché as it might sound, Julie is just your average girly-girl. She loves all things romance, is very expressive but very sensitive as well, and loves Pokemon like Growlithe. Sh gasps with a good romance novel with every page she turns... as long as it's not something disgusting like Twilight. Does that even exist in the world of Pokemon? If it does, she hates it. She also hates it even if it doesn't exist.

When she walks thru a door, it is clear to everyone that she's the one they adore, who they came to see! She's that likeable. She likes to think of herself as a beatiful, gorgeous and smart young girl. She's a rock star, baby! Everybody wants to be her RPer! Who can really blame them, I'm the one who created her, after all! /This paragraph is a reference to Eminem's "We Made You", by the way xD

High self-esteem, a cheerful attitude and whatnot. Sticks and stones cannot break her bones and adventure simply excites her! come on, come on, come on, I like it, it. You would need to be the cruelest person in Novia to bring her happiness down. An even if you were, she would love you for being yourself or some crap along those lines. She loves everyone and everything. Most people find her obnoxiously joyful. And they also think she talks a lot. Seriously, can't she just shut up for ONCE?!

Ignorance is bliss. She prefers being a prime ignorant rather than facing er cruel reality. It's actually more fun that way, because she knows nothing of what will happen to her if she ever dares venture in Novia :D Stubborn to a degree that can incomodate people. Somewhat reckless and even hotheaded at times. She has bipolar tendencies, please don't tell her I told you that. She might yell at me if you do. No, wait, she's already doing so... She probably won't stop yelling for a while. Chances are she will hold a grudge against me for god knows how long. She's grudgey like that. While I try to quell Julie's rage, have yourself a History section! :D

History: Father, mother, brother and then her. All allocated within the small Lavender Town of the Kanto region. It was a quiet life. And the local gravesite provided a healthy adventure around the corner. Julie spent countless days and nights with the Cubone and Ghost Pokemon of the tower.

PKMN Rooster:

Spr_5b2_133.png

Normandi/Eevee♀
Adaptability
Quick Attack | Tail Whip | Work Up | Shadow Ball
As hyped and joyful as her Trainer. It would not seem weird if one were to find them both fangirling over some guy or anything in general. Normandi tends to be somewhat clumsy, but gets the job done when she's engaging on battle.

Spr_5b_333.png

Tonia/Swablu♀
Natural Cure
Peck | Agility
A loud and obnoxious bird with quite tuned OCD senses. It despises dirt, and lack of precision an routine. She doesn't get along with Julie at all, and can actually start pecking her out of distress. Nonetheless, she can prove to manage quite well across battles.

Spr_5b_037.png

Rokky/Vulpix♀
Flash Fire
Roar | Extrasensory
A calm and analytic Pokémon. She tends to find it hard to follow Julie's spontaneity. Julie has the same issues. If they ever get in synch, which is on rare ocassions, Rokky will be able to swiftly dispose of all threats faced.

Other:​

Last edited:
Years
Just so you all know I have updated the OP for both the OOC and IC with information on the next location - which is also where the first gym is located. As per usual this location will be further elaborated on at the beginning of the next chapter.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
OKAY GIMMEPIE, if I can join is there something special I should know about the story or something so far, or should I just read through the chapter posts and pick a few pokémon to start with?

:3

Years
As of yet the only story development is the mandatory event for Chapter 3. I'd recommend that you read the chapter descriptions though. Since we have been going for a while now you can start from the beginning of the third chapter and pick a few of the wild pokemon from previous chapters if you so wish, they need to follow the wild pokemon rules for that specific chapter though.

Chalifoux

Years
Achievement unlocked! Rika wants to join! :D
In all seriousness, though, my SU is, as of now, somewhere between awesome and, uh... hopeless... Should be done during this one week, assuming no random bunch of homework swarms me as this is my last week in school o3o

If everything goes smoothly, I might even finish this within the next few days! :D

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Okay, inspiration just came to me. It's not the longest SU ever, but I don't feel like SUs always have to be super long. This tells you enough to get a picture of him, I hope, and it certainly tells me enough to know how to play him. What do you think? Let me know if you want me to extend some part evenso.

Name: Alexander Raiyns

Appearance:
A caucasian male who is slightly shorter and less thin than he'd love to be. His face has a lot of freckles and his eyes are a deep sky blue color. When he smiles, pretty much all of his teeth are showing. His brown hair is unkempt most of the time, and is a bit longer than on most boys, reaching down below his ears and poking up in fluffyness.

He almost always wears a blue beanie hat on top of his fluffy hair, and around it a pair of black and silver metal goggles are strapped in a black band. On his upper body he wears a black cotton vest over a blue buttoned shirt. Half-proper, half-douche it could be described as, perhaps. He usually wears rather simple but slim, black jeans together with sturdy, low, brown boots.​

Personality:
Alex is a rascal and a gentleman at the same time. He seldom lets go of an opportunity to make a prank, but he also has a talent when it comes to handling people and making them forgive him if things go wrong. This has given him a rather strong self-esteem up until now. He still knows that he is not the most good-looking guy, which has started to make him a bit nervous, but so far he's managed to make up for it with his usual duality.

His main interests are learning about pokémon legends, fiddling with technical gizmos and opposing his childhood rival Brody. Everything about pokémon legends fascinate Alex and a dream of his is to see one for real one day. Because he does believe that they exist. He is something of a hobby inventor, often modifying old machines and phones to add new properties and programs. He has successfully created a pair of goggles that can give him night vision, heat vision and act as (dorky) sunglasses. As for his rival...​

History:
Alex did grow up in the tiny town of Coriolis. As a child, he lived with his mother and father and was friends with the next door guy named Brody, who didn't have a father. One day some years ago, Brody's mother married a rich foreigner who came to build a wealthy mansion in the quiet Coriolis. As such, Brody was adopted by him and became immensely spoiled, which caused him to clash with Alex who valued other things in life than money. Their relatively innocent rivalry became worse when Brody announced that he had received a pokémon from his father and would go on a luxurious journey to win the Novia league.

This challenge, coupled with Alex growing frustration over growing up in Coriolis and feeling his earlier very strong self-esteem starting to fade as he was becoming a teenager, made him want to go as well. Luckily, the local professor Palm had pokémon to give out to help trainers from the small town who wanted a chance against the rest of the world in the league. Alex' parents weren't too pleased as they had believed that he was happy here with his little hobbies, but they let him go reluctantly.​

Chosen Starter: A female Riolu. She is hot tempered and not very friendly. She thinks that she knows the best most of the time and is not eager to cooperate with her silly trainer. She has yet to be named.

Any other info:
I'd actually like to start from the beginning. In chapter 1. I'll try to move swiftly enough through the chapters, but I don't think I could get a good portrayal of Alex' and Riolu's companionship and his view on the journey unless I did. If I get stuck or move too slowly, I'll just jump ahead later. Okay? :>​

Years
Okay, you may not have given the longest SU but it paints a picture of your character nicely. You are welcome to start at the very beginning if you wish (some allowances will have to be made for Chapter Two's requirements most likely) but if you think you can keep up I'm all for it.

Years
From what I have seen it is unlikely I'll be disappointed - also I have changed the OPs formatting everyone. You can thank Red's for the new design which I'll soon apply to the IC also.

Edit: EG has informed me he'll be taking a brief hiatus but I will not be reopening his spot since I know of the circumstances etc...

Novia made it back towards the top at last :D
So far so good!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2013
May I reserve a spot if there is one open?

Thanks.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Chalifoux

Years
Lots of happy, shiny people! :D

I will soon achieve somewhat-not-so-mediocre progress within my SU, huzzah! :D

Years
Well hello there new person :D

Lacoste you are accepted, I would have liked a tiny bit more detail personally but you have an interesting character there that has really lured me in to accepting :D
I'll have you written into the OP soon. Welcome to Novia xD

Elite I'm looking forward to your characters completion :)

Annyyywaaayyy

Update

Alex Raiyns' capture was a success. Alex's new magikarp knows the moves splash, tackle and flail and it has the hidden ability Rattled.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
There is no one else on Route 1 now, is there? ^^ It would be fun to battle against someone else.

But I guess not, so I'll just expand my last IC post later with a NPC battle.

Back