• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

drem

a french user...
Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2008
- thanks scizz, but what is offset for offset for the flower and the door animations in TLP or tilemolester !

- the "green dots" has the herbs on the hero footer (i'm bad in english ^^') ("07" in behavior)

-for the color hex i us "advance color" ?

-what is "byte" ?

-i can't edit the warp tile and grass tile with blockeditor( i edit behavior, but has no effect ), and i can't know how to edit it with a hex editor

Last edited:

charimon

Yeah hacking !! ^^
Years
need help with this script:

#org 0X6CD8D0
checkflag 0x10A
if 0 0x6CD8E0
message 0x6CD8F0
boxset 0x4
break

#org 0x6CD8E0
setflag 0x10a
setflag 0x800
message 0x6CD900
boxset 0x4
give pokemon 0x01 0x05 0x00
break

#org 0x6CD900
= Here's a Bulbasaur! he's bulb needs to grow.
#org 0x6CD8F0
= How's Bulbasaur doing, did he grow alot?

when i tried 2 compile this script it said :
"Loading command database...
Empty command database detected. Program halted."

so what did i do wrong or where is the problem?
thanks in advance :)

Winona122

Feather Badge
Years
I have a question too. I know how to edit the starter Pokemon in Emerald but how do I edit the Pokemon my rival uses? Thanks in advance as well.

charimon

Yeah hacking !! ^^
Years
Rocking Groudon said:
ramon put this after givepokemon
#raw 0
#raw 0
#raw 0
#raw 0
thanks alot ;) finally i hope that it would work now :)
edit:
somehow it still doesn't work i placed it after give pokemon and before break, so it became this one:
#org 0X6CD8D0
checkflag 0x10A
if 0 0x6CD8E0
message 0x6CD8F0
boxset 0x4
break

#org 0x6CD8E0
setflag 0x10a
setflag 0x800
message 0x6CD900
boxset 0x4
give pokemon 0x01 0x05 0x00
#raw 0
#raw 0
#raw 0
#raw 0
break

#org 0x6CD900
#org 0x6CD8F0
so what is the prob now?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2012
Just wondering, what so all the parts mean when making a warp script. There are three x0000s, but what do they all specify?

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2006
Big Question

Hi all
I have a question
Give it a tool with what change the Player Character to Team Magma or Team Aqua
Please help im a N00b :(

Sorry for my bad english :\

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
@ramon99:If you put the raw thing the person who gives Bulbasaur to you will dissappear,the problem you have isn't on the script.Your rom must have no space in the name and be in EliteMap folder and the .rbc too.That should work ^^

charimon

Yeah hacking !! ^^
Years
Christos said:
@ramon99:If you put the raw thing the person who gives Bulbasaur to you will dissappear,the problem you have isn't on the script.Your rom must have no space in the name and be in EliteMap folder and the .rbc too.That should work ^^
ooh so stupid of me that i forgot that it has not enough space i give it just 1 line space not more...

Last edited:

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
Rocking Groudon said:
I meant Proffessor birch's bag i have been able to remove the fadescreen and special so that nothing happens when you press a on it, i actually did that so it does not give you a pokemon i only want one starter which you get in your house
Remove/change the trigger events on the route/Litteroot, so that they keep blocking the way until you get your Pokémon.
For the bag, just change it into a Person and give it a text script or something.
Then just add the needed scripts to the Lab.
See the Script Database in the tutorial forum and the previous page of this thread for a "givepokemon" script.

keagan2 said:
Hi i was wondering if any one could post a link or tell me how to edit the way that the trainers look.

Help appreciated

keagan2
This has already been asked and answered before. Please use the search function in the future.

You can edit the Trainer pics with unLZ-GBA and an Image editor in the Advance-games.

For the Metallic games, you'll need Meowth's GFX inserter, a Tile editor and an Image editor.

Fras said:
How do I edit the prices in the shop.

Thanks in advance fras
Advance-Mart's Item editor can easily edit the prices for you.
The only other choice is a Hex-Editor.
You can get the Item-data offsets from Advance-Mart's INI file.

As_Stars_Go_Out said:
can someone please post the offsets of the gym leaders in FR? thanks in advance
Simply load your FR ROM with PET, scroll to the Gym leader and copy the offset from the "Pokémon offset" box. Then you can edit the Pokémon and attacks with a Hex-Editor.

drem said:
- thanks scizz, but what is offset for offset for the flower and the door animations in TLP or tilemolester !

- the "green dots" has the herbs on the hero footer (i'm bad in english ^^') ("07" in behavior)

-for the color hex i us "advance color" ?

-what is "byte" ?

-i can't edit the warp tile and grass tile with blockeditor( i edit behavior, but has no effect ), and i can't know how to edit it with a hex editor

- The door animations are stored at 308F1C (Ruby US). They're a bit hard to spot, though.
I can't tell you where the flower one is stored at the moment, however, it should be around there aswell.

- If you mean how to make the area on which you can plant berries, then you just have to place the tiles on the map, assign the Movement permission "D" to them, and add person events for the places where to plant them.
The easiest way would be to copy them off of another map, by looking at the values of each event and then copying them to your new one.

- No, for the command [FC01][value], you simply use values from 01-??.
06 stands for Red, 08 stands for Blue, and 02 stands for Black.

- A byte simply is a Hexadecimal value, like 00, 01, 02, 0A. FF, etc.

- If you can't edit it with a Hex-Editor and Advance-Map doesn't work correctly, then there is currently no other method.

ramon99 said:
need help with this script:

when i tried 2 compile this script it said :
"Loading command database...
Empty command database detected. Program halted."

so what did i do wrong or where is the problem?
thanks in advance :)
First off, there is no "break" command implemented in RubiKode, please remember this.
Code:
#org 0x6CD8D0
checkflag 0x10A
if 0 0x6CD8E0
message 0x6CD8F0
boxset 0x4
end

#org 0x6CD8E0
setflag 0x10a
setflag 0x800
message 0x6CD900
boxset 0x4
givepokemon 0x01 0x05 0x00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
end

#org 0x6CD900

#org 0x6CD8F0
The script is untested, but should work.

To fix the error you get, simply remove all spaces from the ROM's filename and make sure it is located in the same folder as ScriptED.

Winona122 said:
I have a question too. I know how to edit the starter Pokemon in Emerald but how do I edit the Pokemon my rival uses? Thanks in advance as well.
The Rival Pokémon in R/S/E are stored in the Trainer data.
You can edit them with any Trainer editor, such a PET, or TBC.

Micklo said:
Just wondering, what so all the parts mean when making a warp script. There are three x0000s, but what do they all specify?
If you take a look at the "commands.html" which comes with EliteMap, you will see what the parameters are used for.

warp 0x[bank] 0x[map] 0x[warp no.]

Mr Smith said:
Hi all
I have a question
Give it a tool with what change the Player Character to Team Magma or Team Aqua
Please help im a N00b :(

Sorry for my bad english :\
To change the Map-Sprites, you can use TLP or Xeon's Overworld Sprite Editor.
To change the Battle and Trainercard sprites, you have to use unLZ-GBA and TLP.

Last edited:

Ghost...

Unknown Ghost of Pokemon Tower
Years
how do you even do all of this? it sounds like fun, but can you make your own rom, or do you have to edit other roms? and how do i get the program for all of this

Jonny Buuz

La di da di do di da di dum...
Years
I want to have the three starter pkmn in a ruby hack to be Eevees.

That much is done; the thing is, I want there to be a trigger of sorts that gives a different stone depending on which of the three that you chose.

Would I use flags in a script for that? If so, how?

Thanks a ton.

SeanAir

The Avenger
Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2008
how do you make it that you start off with a pokemon with out getting it from someone?

DrCoolSanta

Erode away...
Years
well edit someone like your mothers script to give you the pokemon, because the has an automatic event of talking to you

SCIZZ: never thought of making the bag a person, lol I was thinking of deleting the event, but stillthe strange mays father is being attack by poochyena how do i remove dat

Last edited:

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
Ghost... said:
how do you even do all of this? it sounds like fun, but can you make your own rom, or do you have to edit other roms? and how do i get the program for all of this
You can program your own Games (Homebrews) and you can edit already existing ROMs.
Since you're a beginner, editing ROMs would be the easiest method to start with for you.
Tools can be found in the Tools Showcase and on Sites from the stickied threads.

Jonny Buuz said:
I want to have the three starter pkmn in a ruby hack to be Eevees.

That much is done; the thing is, I want there to be a trigger of sorts that gives a different stone depending on which of the three that you chose.

Would I use flags in a script for that? If so, how?

Thanks a ton.
You can use flags for that, aswell as a variable.
When you receive the Pokémon, simple set a unique flag for every Pokémon, which differs depending on which you chose.
As alternative to that, you could use a variable, which stores the value of the chosen Pokémon.
Then all you have to do is to check which flags have been set, and then call a different giveitem script, depending on which have been set.
Same goes for the variable. You check what value is stored in it, and depending on the result, you call a different giveitem script, which gives you a different stone for each Pokémon.

Rocking Groudon said:
SCIZZ: never thought of making the bag a person, lol I was thinking of deleting the event, but stillthe strange mays father is being attack by poochyena how do i remove dat
Sure, you could also delete the event.

As I told you before, you have to edit/remove the trigger events on the route, as they trigger the whole scene to start.

Ghost... said:
do gold and silver hacks work for crystal?
Certainly not, as Gold, Silver and Crystal are completely different games.
Every Hack only can be patched to the game it has originally been created of, to work properly.

Jonny Buuz

La di da di do di da di dum...
Years
Scizz is amazing for answering all these questions.

Which, of course, brings me to yet another. Pointers. I just don't understand them. In Sweet Love's tut about inserting new pkmn without eliminating old ones, she says to replace the pointer for the ?? pic (B8D6DD08) with a pointer to your new picture data (mine is 00106B08). Is B8D6DD08 an offset? 'Cause my offsets only go up to xFFFFFF, I dunno about yours. I'm sure I'm missing something simple, but please help if you can.

mxkpkmnextu??

Ser Artificial
Years
Hail
I'm trying to repoint some img offsets with unlz but when I change I stays the same way what's the problem??=S
Even if I could repoint how do I know that the offset I repoint to will have enough space for the new img??
[[ ]]
Stay Sick\m/

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
Jonny Buuz said:
Scizz is amazing for answering all these questions.

Which, of course, brings me to yet another. Pointers. I just don't understand them. In Sweet Love's tut about inserting new pkmn without eliminating old ones, she says to replace the pointer for the ?? pic (B8D6DD08) with a pointer to your new picture data (mine is 00106B08). Is B8D6DD08 an offset? 'Cause my offsets only go up to xFFFFFF, I dunno about yours. I'm sure I'm missing something simple, but please help if you can.
B8D6DD08 is a pointer. And it points to the offset DDD6B8.

Pointers in the Advance games are simply calculated.
All you have to do is swap around the 1st and last bytes of an offset and add a 08 to them.
So, 123456 would become 56341208.

The same goes for converting a pointer back into an offset.
All you do is remove the 08 at the end, and swap the 1st and last bytes.
If you do this, 56341208 will become 123456 again, and you have your offset.

mxkpkmnextu?? said:
Hail
I'm trying to repoint some img offsets with unlz but when I change I stays the same way what's the problem??=S
Even if I could repoint how do I know that the offset I repoint to will have enough space for the new img??
[[ ]]
Stay Sick\m/
Have you inserted an offset to free space in the "Image offset" box of the Save dialog?

YOu don't really know, as that depends on the size of the image you are inserting.
Just use an offset with lots of FF or 00 bytes, and you'll be on the safe side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back