• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
Sorry, but I can't really understand your question. If I'm interpreting it correctly, you're asking how can you go about distinguishing a single Pokemon from others of the same species that you could catch in the wild - Is that correct?

If you're using JPAN's Hacked FR Engine, you could do this by giving the Pokemon you want to differentiate increased contest stats (Cool, Tough, Smart etc.) which are, for all intents and purposes, invisible. These changes will stay with the Pokemon forever regardless of evolution so it should be exactly what you're looking for. When you need to check for that specific Pokemon in a script, you will be able detect the changes and then continue on from there.

Off the top of my head, I'm not sure how you would be able to differentiate Pokemon in an unmodified engine (other than using ASM to get the job done). Hopefully this helps.

You can use Wichu's Icon Editor to edit the small pictures of Pokemon that you see in your party/ PC.

Idk if this matters but this not a pokemon I replaced it is one of the 25 free slots...so can I still use that program?

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Idk if this matters but this not a pokemon I replaced it is one of the 25 free slots...so can I still use that program?

The thread information about the tool says that you can repoint the ???????? icons with it, so it should be okay to use.

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
The thread information about the tool says that you can repoint the ???????? icons with it, so it should be okay to use.

awesome, but after looking it over I really don't understand how "add" snivys icon into Any program...
Idk if I'm suppose to index his icon
Idk how to load it into a program
Again I'm not wanting to replace any other icon but wanting to add...

i dont expect you to answer those just maybe a tutorial.

thanks so much this is the last thing stoping me from fully enjoying ruby with my snivy :)

Also jw is there any hacks that allow me to put snivy in pearl or platinum or diamond?

Last edited:

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
I'm having problems with my XSE too, actually. Sometimes it just refuses to save my script changes when I try to compile them for advance map. I'll change some stuff and the compile process will happen, but when I open it from am again everything has reverted back. I've tried restarting XSE and Advance Map, but nothing seems to work. It's really frustrating. >.<

(For anyone who's curious, by the way, I found where your starting location is stored in Fire Red so you can edit it in Hex.)

I can't say for sure what the problem is but I've heard of AdvanceMap locking up your ROM. Essentially, if you open your ROM in AdvanceMap, then compile a script with XSE, and then make a change in AdvanceMap without re-opening your ROM it may revert to the version before you compiled the script (in essence undoing the script compilation). Again, I don't know if that's what's happening but I've had the problem happen to me with other tools so it's a possibility.

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2012
Is there a way to make an animation play when my Abra overworld Teleports? I can definately think of some really roundabout ways of doing it, but is there a simple command or script I could write that would let me access that animation for a moment?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2014
Does anyone know how Nature names are stored in FireRed? I wanna rename them in a hack, but I don't know where they are and if they're images or just text somewhere in the ROM.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Does anyone know how Nature names are stored in FireRed? I wanna rename them in a hack, but I don't know where they are and if they're images or just text somewhere in the ROM.

They're just regular old text. You can find all of the nature names starting at 0x463DBC. There are also a lot of pointers starting at 0x463E60 which connect to them, if you want to repoint them.

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2014
They're just regular old text. You can find all of the nature names starting at 0x463DBC. There are also a lot of pointers starting at 0x463E60 which connect to them, if you want to repoint them.

I think I'm not doing something right, then. If I open 0x463DBC in XSE or PokeText, I get a bunch of setvariable or gibberish respectively. Do I need to open it with an ASM editor?

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
I think I'm not doing something right, then. If I open 0x463DBC in XSE or PokeText, I get a bunch of setvariable or gibberish respectively. Do I need to open it with an ASM editor?

That's because you're looking at pure HEX, which would be unreadable if you tried to type it into XSE. If you were to write something like msgbox 0x463DBC in XSE, when you decompile the script you would be able to see the first nature name (HARDY) since it is reading the text correctly. An easier thing to do would to use a HEX Editor with a table file since you would be able to read/ do minor editing of all the natures at the same.

Years
  • Seen Jan 23, 2015
Move ReLearner Editor?

Is there any tool that allows to change the move list offered by the Move ReLearner?

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2014
Is there any tool that allows to change the move list offered by the Move ReLearner?

I think it draws the list straight from the Level Up movepool of that species.

I need some troubleshooting help:

TeachyTV.png

All I can think of that might've done this was I edited the Icon Pallets, but this is apparently happening in a beta version BEFORE I did those edits.

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2012
I want to temporarily change the soundtrack for a few maps in the PALLET TOWN map pool to solely the track used for a thunderstorm, so that you can hear it inside and no other music is playing. Can I accomplish this with playsong in the level script and if so where would I find the track the game uses for a thunderstorm?

Last edited:

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
Hello, I have a question about this.

http://sfc.pokefans.net/lesson.php?id=21

If your at least a somewhat experienced hacker, Im sure youve seen this as its been around for a while. I didnt understand it way back when, but I understand ASM more.
What confuses me is this "executable with removed ROM header" as it links to a text file with jumbled up letters and symbols. I do not know what to do with this.

Also, when binary is referred to. I know it as 0s and 1s. In this instance, is it hex?

Thanks to anyone who can help me.

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
I just have a quick question, not even really scripting related. Every hack I see has a little "support" banner, and they all have a similar look. Is there a widespread program out there that lets me make one of these, or a tutorial, and can someone link it to me? Thanks.

Also, when binary is referred to. I know it as 0s and 1s. In this instance, is it hex?

Binary in this case means a binary file, I believe. A binary file is just a file thats used for programming, as opposed to reading. Whatever you open with it just takes all the hex numbers in the file and translates it to letters as best as it can.

Years
  • Seen May 10, 2012
help! advance map isn't working ;_;

Whenever I try to load a rom in advance map, it freezes! then when it unfreezes, it doesn't load the rom and when i try to load it again, the same thing happens. what the heck is going on? please help TT_TT

droomph

weeb
Years
Hello, I have a question about this.

http://sfc.pokefans.net/lesson.php?id=21

If your at least a somewhat experienced hacker, Im sure youve seen this as its been around for a while. I didnt understand it way back when, but I understand ASM more.
What confuses me is this "executable with removed ROM header" as it links to a text file with jumbled up letters and symbols. I do not know what to do with this.

Download it, and copy the contents from a Hex Editor into the actual ROM that you want to insert it to.

What it means by "executable with removed ROM header" means that it doesn't have the header, which means that it won't work on its own anymore, unless you replace the header.

Here is the format of a header (just in case):
Spoiler:

Is there any way to change font in Emerald? I want to add Polish letters but I can't find them in TLP and unLZ-GBA... Could anyone help?

TileMolester at 2bpp reverse codec. Search at 0x636BA4, that's where the A-Z table starts. I'm pretty sure Polish doesn't use Ä, Ö, or Ü, so that's three you could fit in easily.

also:
Spoiler:

Hope this helps :)

EDIT: btw, there are lots of empty slots for characters too. Search at 0x633CE4.

Last edited:

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
I'm hoping to delve into ASM soon, but theres one thing holding me back. Every time I attempt to put any ASM in my rom, when I open it in A-map, everything turns this really glitchy purple. Why does this keep happening? I'm using Firered V1.0, with JPANs hack engine on it.

More: usually when I'm doing this, I'm copying in hex from a tutorial using a hex editor. Maybe I'm using the wrong tools to insert the ASM; As I said before, I cant find any list of ASM-related tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back