• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Call Of Latios

Booda Sack

Sphere Master
Years
Hello Every One.
I am making a pokemon game called,the Call of Latios.
I am not making it in rpg maker,I am making it in sphere which uses javascript to code games so because of this I have more freedom than rpg maker because I can code what I want :)
I know this is an rpg maker forum but this is the most appropriate forum I can see for this.
Here is some info.

Features:

Here are the new features so far(I say new because features from previous pokemon games will be in this game)
Reputation system:
You start out as a novice and the more trainers you beat the higher your reputation gets so if you beat a trainer with a good reputation like a gym leader then your repuation will increase more than it would if you just battled a normal trainer.
If you get a really high reputation you will be able to catch ledgendary pokemon.

All pokemon available:
Every single pokemon from the previous games plus the new ones will be available in this game.
You might not specifically be able to catch them all but you can get them.
Like you might have to do certain tasks to get some pokemon.

Cross breeding:
In the game you can cross breed certain pokemon to give you a new one.

Four Regions:
You will be able to travel to four regions in the game.
Three from previous games:Johto,Kanto and Hoenn.
Plus a new region.

Two storylines:
There will be the regular pokemon story line plus a new story.
Go to the storyline page to find out more.

Companion:
In this game you have the option of choosing a companion to accompany you on your quest. They will follow you around and you can talk to them,you can battle with them,you can trade with them and you can participate in 2v2 battles with your companion.

Battle System
This game will have a fully fledged pokemon battle system that work exactly like the real ones becuase(for those of you who know about this) it will have effort values and I.V values aswell to give it that pokemon feel and to make sure no two pokemon are the same.

Screen Shots:

The Title Screen:
title.PNG

A Picture of you on Kalma Island:
col.png

A house on root 1D:
building.PNG

Selecting your gender:
girlorboy.PNG

You can select which region you start in:
region.PNG

Text from the intro:
part1.PNG

The second part:
part2.PNG

Cherrygrove Town fro G/S:
cherry.PNG

Showing the companion system in viridian city:
follow1.PNG

follow2.PNG

follow3.PNG

Ardcarraig Town:
ard.PNG

Ecruteak City from G/S:
ecruteak.PNG

The battle system so far:
battlescr.png

The bag menu:
bag1.PNG

The Main menu:
menu.PNG

For any addition information or screen shot and update please visit my website.In my sig.
Thanks.

jaz_jaz

The Elite Trainer
Years
Looks very good, i like the screenshots,
Could you send me the tile set u used?

Last edited:
Years
Hey booda you already had a thread for this. there are only 3 screenshots i have not seen before..

Now I know what daegon meant when he asked me about making the battle without teleporting to another map.

anyway booda, do you have a demo? a release date? anything? I expected more..

Booda Sack

Sphere Master
Years
I never had a thread here,I had one in GW.
At least that I can remember.

No I dont have a demo or a release date.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
This is looking awesome ;)

We've never had a sphere game around here yet, so this'll be a first. Again, this looks great!

Just for kicks, how would you say Sphere compares to rm2k as a game making tool (for pokemon?).

Booda Sack

Sphere Master
Years
Its really a matter of opinion,some people like the ease of rpg maker but I prefer sphere,although it is alot harder to use.

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2014
Booda Sack you never showed the battle in Gaming World! It looks awsome, I got to have this game, do you have any chance when your going to release a demo? Good luck.

Years
Sweet

This is sweet keep up the awsome work. Does sphere make .exe games alone not like RM2K that has a lot of files with it?

Booda Sack

Sphere Master
Years
Well you need the sphere engine but basically it can me made into a .exe and could people please stop asking questions about sphere this isn't a topic about sphere.
Thanks for the comments though Arcdemon and Imakuni

Years
how is it coming along? I imagine it must be rather hard because you've taken so long. I tried using sphere but it was just too hard, it does have way more freedom though..

why don't you want to release a demo? (I saw it posted at your site a while ago and you got rather angry with the person who asked about a demo)

anyway good luck with it and I hope you get it completed as soon as possible.

EDIT: how big do you think the file will end up being? just a rough guess based on what it is now?

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2010
Hey Booda, I saw this at cheat and win, looks like you made a heap of progress, keep it up dude. :)

Booda Sack

Sphere Master
Years
Lol Dont worry I wont get angry about the demo.
I will release a demo once I have coded the battle system.

Here are the file sizes(estimations):
Demo Unzipped : 40mbs
Demo Zipped : 2-3 mbs

Full game Unzipped : 100+mbs
Full game zipped : 5-10mbs

Remember though 100mbs may seem big but you are getting four games in one since you can go to four different regions,Kanto,Johto,Hoenn and Tilko.

Thanks for the complements Darkening

jaz_jaz

The Elite Trainer
Years
I didn't think you could zip a 40mb file into 2-3 mb file or 100+mb file into a 5-10mb file

Years
you will also have to have a fast download rate (as i found out later) I reckon you could zip 100MB into about 30-45MB files. Why are your files so big? doesn't sphere have smaller file sizes for pictures etc?

jaz_jaz

The Elite Trainer
Years
you should use winrar it will compress the files much smaller than what winzip can do

Back