• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years

Ruby Sapphire Fiona Destiny - Oak town

Hikari caused him to glance down, then up at Ruby, and back at Hikari, then he gave a little grin. "… I feel like I'm only in half of this conversation. It's –so- cool that you can understand Pokémon, you
know. And yeah, let's stop at the market and get a pair of sodas!" Daniel's right hand was holding onto the strap of his satchel.

'O-oh really?' Ruby blushed a little from embaressing as she rubbed the back of her head, for her it was a totally normal case to talk to pokemon.

"Oh, uhm… you want a drawing of the two of you?" Hikari nodded cheerfully at him. "Sure! I'm… not that good at drawing humans, but I'll give it a try. I might not have it done today… but I'll come give the drawing to you once it's finished, yeah?" He replied on Hikari's question.

'Sure, thank you Daniel, you must be very good like Alexis said.' Ruby smiled at him. 'Let's get Soda's~' she said as she started walking in the direction of the super market, followed by Hikari.

Roxas Jaden Asakura - Pokemon Center

Alica smiled as Roxas told her about his plan, somehow she seemed relieved. "Sounds great." Alice then replied "Thank you so much, Roxas." She thanked him afterwarts.

'No problem.' Roxas smiled at her and was thinking about something flattering to say. 'Everything for beautiful ladies.' Roxas then bowed and smiled at her while having a little blush.

'Stop flirting, romeo.' Obilivio chuckled as he heard roxas say that. 'Obilivio! Shut up.' Roxas looked away from alice with an embaressed blush while pouting a little from Obilivio's words.

"Well, kind of..." Jello spoke after Obilivio turned back to him. "This was actually the first time she was challenged by a trainer, her first trainer battle." Jello said to him.

'Hmmm... Then she has alot to learn.' Obilivio replied. 'Don't worry though, Roxas will be able to help her i guess.' Obilivio smiled a little. Roxas was reckless, but whenever someone needed his help he mostly was able to help.

" H-hi im Rafael and I'm new to the school kind of. " A boy had walked up to them, he actually seemed pretty shy. 'Hi, i'm Roxas.' Roxas introduced himself, a little suprised that someone had walked up to them.

Last edited:

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Lucia Francisco Bernavard​

Lucia watched as Kane powered up a Return, heading straight for Diana. "Diana, brace yourself!" She shouted out. The Aron made her body grow rigid as the Growlithe slammed right into her. The steel/rock type held her ground and grunted from the pain. "Now, use a Headbutt!" The Aron was more than happy to oblige as she drew her head back a bit and slammed right into Kane's body.

Lucia smirked as she saw that Diana was still up and going for it. Alright... the Aron had spirit. She had to give her that. Still, the true test would come when her second battle would start. Lucia watched as the Aron stood there panting.

Diana just wanted this dog to fall over so she could get on with the next battle! She needed to show them just how good she was! She would show everyone that she was powerful, just like her dad and then she would get a lot of respect!

Roberto smirked as he saw the Aron was still standing. He was waiting to see her fall. He wanted to see what she would do then. Would she get back up? Or would she stay down? There was only one way to find out, and he truly hoped that she chose correctly.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Daniel Sabrak
Oak Town​

"Well, I'm... decent. I don't like to wave my own flag around, and I've seen a lot of people who're better than me, heh. One thing I'm direly hoping for, is to some day own a Dragonair I can draw. They're just… beautiful Pokémon, full of grace, and… w-well, yeah, you can see where this is going. They're very pretty."

He chuckled a little, his own cheeks darkening somewhat as they strolled towards the mart, Daniel glancing around town with a curious look in his eyes and a light smile on his lips, occasionally glancing towards Ruby.
Alexis trolled along next to Hikari, seeming rather cheerful as well.

After they had entered the mart and Daniel had insisted on paying for the sodas they had gotten, they continued towards the beach, soon reaching the edge of the town and moving further southwards, down the road. Daniel glanced at Ruby again, scratching the back of his head.

"Ah… uh, I forgot to ask, what kind of position do you and Hikari want to be drawn in? Like… with her sitting in your lap, or standing next to you, or… what? I can do pretty much any pose, so… heh, just pick anything and I should be able to pull it off!" He said with a smile of confidence. If there was one thing he was at least a little proud of, it was his ability to draw, and he had full confidence in his abilities.

Plus, it would be fun drawing a human for once, especially one as pretty as Ruby. He then blinked to himself, realizing what he had just thought. He huffed in embarrassment, shaking his head a little to himself, trying his best to not show Ruby his flustered expression.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Genevieve Molyneux

Genevieve looked at Maxwell and hugged him back tight. "Thanks" she said softly letting go of him and stepping back. "You go heal your Pokemon, I called home not that long ago, but I think I'll at least send a message to Professor Juniper, she can pass it on to my parents" she managed a real smile as she looked at him. "I'm not really up for a battle right now maybe we could do that another day, plus don't we have to find where Shinobi went off To?" she asked curiously suddenly remembering the Weedle that had disappeared earlier after Maxwell's battle with Nika.

Rosalyn Smith

Rosalyn bit her lip after she helped Jimmy stand. She was terrified that bad damage had been done to his eyes and was praying in her head for someone, anyone...well preferably a teacher would be best to show up. A teacher would be of way more help than another student would be. Plus, sure Jimmy was being nice to her, but was he going to be nice to other kids, she wasn't to sure.

She heard him say ow, and saw him close his eyes again before saying that maybe he should go to the Pokemon Center. "O-Okay Jimmy" she said softly before looking around just in time to see a man who she vaguely recognized as a teacher run for the water. "a Teachers here, I'm gonna ask for help" she said to Jimmy before running over to Jason. "e-excuse me sir. My friends hurt and we need help"

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Jimmy Vincent
Beach

Jimmy nodded at what Rosalyn said, not wanting to say anything else. He felt humiliated, having to depend on someone else so much. It wasn't something that would have happened to him often in his early years, and was still not used to being cared for. Maybe that as the reason why he considered it a bad thing? Who knows. What was going on is that the world was pitch black to him, and that there was someone trying to help him.

He could feel Kaida's arms wrapping around his legs, which helped him keep standing.

Alice Crenshaw
Pokémon Center

Alice couldn't help but blush again after Roxas said something flattering to her. This was happening way too often, and Alice could notice a faint blush on the boy's cheeks, which made her blush even more. Then Obilivio said something to him, and Roxas told him to shut up and looked away from her.

"Is, um, everything okay?" she asked timidly, her cheeks still reddish.

"She does." Jello replied to Obilivio after he turned his attention back to the purple Solosis, "And I hope he is."

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Valorie Ryder - Academy Grounds
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Valorie viewed the smile Drake gave with all the skepticism of a existential nihilist. A feeling of relief flooded her. The battle had been kind of close. Crossing her arms she was almost prepared to gloating when Drake took the liberty of mocking himself. This kind of took her by surprise, mainly because he had deliberately gone out of his way to antagonize her earlier. He then handed her what looked like like a pin of some sort. Was that a badge? She couldn't tell, as she'd never owned a badge before. As Drake went on he more or less left her in the dust verbally, as she was too busy trying to wrap her head around the fact that she had been tricked. She didn't particularly like being tricked, but then again he /was/ being nice and she /had/ proven herself. Overall she found herself singificantly calmer, if not suffering from a few lingering feelings of frustration.

Had he just said second strongest dragon master in existance? But... Valorie was no Dragon Master... She'd lost all those battles!--It abruptly occured to her that the man apparently didn't have knowledge of... well...the other dragon master named Drake! She supposed he was kind of obscure though. She only knew about him because she was, y'know, obsessed. That being said though, there was totally yet another dragon master named Drake. (...I'm so sorry. |D) ...Huh. Valorie guessed it /was/ an awesome name for a dragon master. She silently wondered whether any of them had ever changed their names at some point and consecutively noted with disappointment that Drake was a strictly masculine name. Drake handed her a a bag of sorts that she was told contained two TMs. Valorie looked up at Drake, finally giving up her grudge in favor of confusion. She wanted to know why he had done what he had done, but she no longer felt mad. The fact that he had implied Lance was involved helped too. Perhaps this was... hardball, so to speak? Valorie attempted to say thank you, but could not bring herself to interrupt Drake. He had so much to say that she had enough trouble keeping up as it was. When he finally did pause Valorie herself was interrupted by the appearance of an unusually large Salamence that promptly roared right in her face, prompting her to attempt to save face by smiling awkwardly in response.

Drake asked her to come by the daycare center and sped off, leaving Valorie to look after him in wonder. She silently noted after a moment that she had probably looked like a dumb child, standing there all baffled while he spoke. She also didn't know if she wanted to go to the day-care center as Drake had asked. Why did she want to go there? She didn't trust someone else to raise her pokemon better than herself, and thus didn't see the point. Given, she only had a team of six battle-ready pokemon.

Then Valorie opened the green bag Drake had given her and things all of a sudden changed. To Valorie's surprise the bag had been folded in on itself and was not a bag at all! Rather, it was a cape. She quickly picked up the bag's contents, which she'd accidently dropped, and turned her attention to the cloak. It was a half cloak, meaning she'd certainly have no trouble tripping over for it as it didn't reach that far down. Sweet! Valorie was immediately pleased, but did a double take. Did a cape really fit the look she was going for? ...A brief image of Clair floated into her mind. Then again Clair's look really wasn't what she'd been going for with her own... Valorie had to think for a moment. Some might say capes were a bit tacky--Screw those guys. Lance wore a cape and he was freaking awesome.

...Dragonite casually floated down nearby, leaning over in an attempt to figure out what Valorie was looking at specifically. What was so special about that piece of cloth? Valorie responded by glancing at Dragonite and smiling at the gargantuan pokemon. She then proceeded to put the cape on, taking the time to fix her hair so that it lay on the outside of the half cape, rather than inside it. That wouldn't have looked so nice.

She then through the process of taking Drake's advice and using those TMs. She supposed he had a point--they were both useful moves in their own right. Charizard in particular was very irritable upon being let out of her ball. For some reason Valorie found this hilarious and giggled out loud in response, taking the liberty of giving the pokemon a brief hug now that they were alone. The irritable pseudo dragon took the gesture pretty well actually, and calmed down into a mildly annoyed stupor. She would have to heal her pokemon up soon. When she went and tried to teach her flygon ice beam however she was surprised to find that well... Flygon couldn't learn it! But then how?-- She silently remarked that Drake apparently had more up his sleeve than she had realized.

...But first... she had a call to make. Valorie pulled an xtransciever from her bag and put it on and powering it up. She then selected her parents numbers from a list of contacts...

Arcadia - Vaguely a river
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A smirk came to Arcadia's face. Success tastes sweet, especially when it went without a hitch. She did glance momentarily at the mudkip at the girl's feet. Ooh, that was tragic. She got over it pretty quickly though. Arcadia began to search her person for something, something seemingly relevant to the conversation as she'd taken the liberty of stopping said conversation for a moment to do this. Finally, she produced a single pokeball and a pair of shades, holding them both out to Zora.

"...The boss asked me to give you these. This pokemon is very strong--like Rhyperior here. Use it to...assert yourself."

She winked. Who 'the boss' was went unexplained.

"Our presence here is to be kept absolutely secret. If the big cats on the island found out... things could get ugly. Play dumb. Call someone a liar. Feign upset--Whatever it takes to keep this relatively under the covers. Those shades are actually powerful virtual machines. Their primary function is to scan things and give you information on what you're looking at--That includes people. It's connected to some wireless network--You can activate it by pressing and holding the small button on the top of the uh.."

Arcadia gestured to the temple area of the glasses, where a small button was in fact located.

"Press it and hold it for five seconds to turn it on. You need to be wearing it."

She took a deep breath.

"...The boss'll send you information through that, so check it. Also... you've got a visitor--"

She gestured to the small mudkip.

Last edited:

Arctos

Fire and Blood
Years
George Edmunds

The Aron hit Kane hard in the side with the Headbutt. He was lucky to have gotten that last hit in. Kane hit the ground and slid towards George. He tried to get p but fell slumped down again and passed out.

"Come back Kane. You did your best. Rest now" George said as he returned the fainted Growlithe.

"Okay Uhuru it's your go! Lets make Aber and Kane proud!" George said as he gestured for the Bagon to head into battle.

Uhuru ran out. As he passed George five fingers were held up.
Aron is a steel rock type and for that reason Uhuru was instructed to use rock smash. The fighting move should do plenty of damage.

Uhuru ran at the Aron with its head down. This was what it was good at. Smashing rocks. This would be no different.

George was not as confident. His fists were clenched as he waited to see what the attack would do.

Sapphire Rose

Years

Ruby Sapphire Fiona Destiny - Beach

"Well, I'm... decent. I don't like to wave my own flag around, and I've seen a lot of people who're better than me, heh. One thing I'm direly hoping for, is to some day own a Dragonair I can draw.
They're just… beautiful Pokémon, full of grace, and… w-well, yeah, you can see where this is going. They're very pretty."
He chuckled a little.

'Dragonair?' Ruby repeated. 'They are indeed very pretty pokemon.' Ruby commented with a little smile while looking at the sky, she remembered how Terra used to fly around the house with his dragonite.

When they entered the super market and got their soda's, Daniel insisted to pay, it was sweet, but Ruby always felt a little guilty when people payed for her. They started walking in the direction of the beach. Ruby took a look at Daniel but then notices he looked at her too which made her blush and look away quickly, only to notice he was about the ask something.

"Ah… uh, I forgot to ask, what kind of position do you and Hikari want to be drawn in? Like… with her sitting in your lap, or standing next to you, or… what? I can do pretty much any pose, so… heh, just pick anything and I should be able to pull it off!" He said with a smile of confidence.

Ruby noticed he shaked his head, was he thinking of something? Ruby looked at Hikari, who then jumped on her shoulder. 'This pose.' Ruby smiled as she patted the head of her little friend.

Roxas Jaden Asakura - Pokemon Center

"Is, um, everything okay?" Alice asked him with red cheeks. When Roxas saw that his whole face turned red. "no no! Nothing wrong!" He tried to exclaim.

"She does." Jello replied to Obilivio. "And I hope he is." He continued. 'Don't worry, he might be a bit of an flirt towards your trainer but he's okay.' Obilivio said in human language so that both jello and Roxas could hear him.

Roxas glared at Obilivio as his face turned red as a tomato again. "Uhmm... Let's begin the training!" Roxas took Alice's hand and ran outside to a place with alot of grass.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Daniel Sabrak
Road to the beach​

Daniel noticed her giving him a second glance. He direly hoped she hadn't noticed and quickly jumped on the option to talk about something else. He nodded his head with a smile while looking the two over.

"Alright, that doesn't seem too hard. I'll give it a shot after we've gotten to the beach. Speaking of…"

He arched his neck a little, moving onto his toes for a moment to peer into the horizon. He could easily see the sea, and he was beginning to see the beach beyond a couple of hills. He then glanced down at Alexis and up at Ruby before grinning… playfully?

"… Last one there loses!"

He then set off in a sprint towards the beach, Alexis blinking a little in surprise before giggling and following along on all four, quickly catching up with Daniel after sending Hikari a smile. "Come on, Hikari! Don't lose to Daniel!"

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Lincoln West

Lincoln nodded along to John's words, having had some minor experience with evolutionary stones himself. "You're right bro. My pops has got an Arcanine, and he had to wait for, like, ever until he could evolve him from a Growlithe. But hey, it's pretty cool all your pokemon evolve with a fire stone, y'know? If you got one, could you use the same stone on all three or does it lose it's... like, mojo, after one shot?"

He chuckled when John asked for more specific information about his team. "Tryin' to get an insight so y'can beat me, huh? Well I've got a team of three actually, same as you. Only caught the third one today, nabbed myself an awesome Geodude from up in the mountains."​

Jrez

Community Newbie
Years
John Carden

John raised a brow, that train of thought never once passing through his mind. Still, battling would become a significant part of life here at the Academy, or so he expected.

He shrugged his shoulders. "Well, now that you mention it," he stopped in his tracks, reaching up to adjust his headband, "they say a battle is the proper way for trainers to get to know one another."

Hearing his trainer say the word 'battle', Zovo let out an excited cry as he dropped down to the ground and began to circle John's legs.

"Seeing as how this is an Academy for aspiring trainers, I'd wager we wouldn't have much trouble finding a suitable field." He glanced around, "'Course, all you really need is a bit of open space."

Zovo let out another anxious cry as John palmed the compacted pokéballs secured to his belt. "What d'ya say, friend?" A smile formed on John's lips as he offered his challenge.

Sapphire Rose

Years

Ruby Sapphire Fiona Destiny - Beach

Daniel nodded his head with a smile while looking the two over. "Alright, that doesn't seem too hard. I'll give it a shot after we've gotten to the beach. Speaking of…"

He stopped talking for a moment. Then he started to arch his neck. It seemed like he was getting ready to run. Then he grinned at Ruby playfully.

"… Last one there loses!" He said as he started sprinting to the beach. The grin made Ruby blush a little, lucky for her Hikari didn't saw her blushing yet.

Alexis looked back at them while she was running alongside with her trainer. "Come on, Hikari! Don't lose to Daniel!" She shouted as she giggled.

'I'm not planning to!' Hikari shouted back at her. '(C'mon Ruby! Let's go!)' Hikari shouts to her as she starts sprinting too. 'Hahaha! Without ninjutsu this time, okay?!' Ruby giggled as she told her pokemon that. '(Alright!)' Hikari agreed. Ninjutsu made Ruby and Hikari faster, but without ninjutsu they were probely just as fast as Daniel.

It didn't take long before Ruby catched up with Daniel. She kept on giggling. 'Told you!' Hikari says to Alexis.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
(forgot they were working with the site last night.)

Rama and Ciel

Flying Igglybuff!

The boy, to his own surprise, didn't panic. He smiled shyly and gently patted the top of the Igglybuff's body. It was practically a bouncing head as it was. It was... it was so cute! Momo, on his belt, shook in possible jealousy. Brie glared but said nothing. Ciel gave the Poemon a happy look. So cute... Ciel returned her to Bri with a small grin. "Erm... you dropped this."

Ciel hesitated for a instant before nodding hurriedly. "I... I'm fine." That was a lie; he definitely wasn't fine, but in his opinion there was no reason to trouble the younger boy. Besides, he didn't think fine was a word that would ever describe him, even if he could ever be normal. "It... my injuries should be better soon." Ciel frowned then. Quin... well Quin himself was nice... Zara could be rather scary... Maybe it was... "He's probably just interested in me. Cause..." He stopped himself. Bri likely didn't remember he was Psychic.

Silly creature. He grinned lightly at Bouncy and let it go. The creature was a baby for Zekrom's sake. Rama sighed and shook his head. To him, what was wrong with Brie was obvious. Whatever quarrel he had with humans, it went deep into his psyche. But Ciel had gotten through, probably on pure accident. It was likely one of those spur of the moment things. The fox's ears perked and he sat up. Skye walked out slowly, carrying a fainted Pala. Rama let out a soft, irritable growl. "Volca that stupid little-" Cutting himself off, he padded over and nosed Skye's knee. Skye knelt and pet his head.

"Thuh-Thanks Rama," he murmured. The creature's expression to that was hilarious; a mix of embarrassment and annoyance. Ciel twitched. The boy had a burn on his arm... and what was that thread on his neck? String shot? Burning string shot? What was... Ciel thought he was going to be sick. How could someone be so calm when he looked like he had come out a forest fire? Well it was Skye...

He glanced warily at Brie, who barked curiously at Skye. Skye flushed a little. "I-hit's nuh-not as bah-bad as ih-hit looks..." He gave Brian an apologetic look. "I-h'm suh-sorry I ran off... Do you wuh-want to guh-go to the dorm?"

Ciel jolted at this. Their dorm? He wanted to go too... Then he looked solemnly at his Absol. He really wanted to get this puzzle solved though. And maybe he could pick up something for Bri on the way to make up for it. "I... I wish I could join you... but... I'm going into town... I need to find someone... I want to help Brie." He hugged his Absol. "And I don't want to trouble Bri too much... he seems kind of down anyway... Um..." Oops that had slipped out. He hurriedly bowed his head. "I... I'll come by and visit later okay?" He slipped past Bri and away, headed straight for Oak Town. He had just been incredibly rude. Ciel noted to himself to apologize... when his head wasn't quite so confused and his torso didn't feel like someone was shredding it with a razor blade.

Skye watched him go before smiling slightly at Bri. "I suh-saw ah-han Ar-Ar-Arcanine on muh-my way bah-hack."

Ellie

"Something tells me Bouncy is just fine," Ellie commented with a wink at Thyme. Don't dash his little hopes, the expression seemed to say, padding ahead. It was too amusing to watch him. It was too bad she herself wasn't interested. She concentrated. Hm... Skye was with Bri apparently. Well that was good. Stupid Volca was going to give them all a heart attack.

Ash and Zaria

Ash chuckled to herself. "Have fun kids!" She went to leave the abandoned dorm, calling, "Sparx, make sure the kid doesn't die all right? I have enough paper work without that." She strolled outside and grinned. "Off to go to the town! Maybe I'll find a useful TM. Hah!" She left.

Meanwhile Zaria floated after Quin. One of them talked to her. She wasn't sure which one heard her and it really wasn't a big deal which. But she finally had someone new to talk to. Death was pretty boring when your relative was on another part of the planet because he had refused his own medication. Doctors were weird, just weird. "Hey," she called excitedly. "Rotom can help you. But you should listen first. The floor up ahead in kind of weary. You don't want to hurt yourself!"

Sparx gave the girl a look. Really?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Lincoln West

Lincoln was a little taken by suprise by John's suggestion that they battle. He was more than up for a battle anytime, but he had really just been trying to evade the question about what his team was made up of. It was stupid really, since anyone he battled would find out anyway.

Lincoln you idiot. People on the island have already seen Jackson and Bixi. Cats already out of the bag.

Making a decision to start being more open with people here (how else was he going to make friends?) Linc nodded to John's request.

"A battle sounds like a great idea bro. What're you thinkin'? One on one, three on three, double battle? Challengers choice."

Reaching for his belt Lincoln disconnected Siege's pokeball. Whatever kind of battle John wanted to have, he had to use Siege. Leaving out his new Geodude was just out of the question.

"And yeah, there are some like, proper battlefields scattered around. It's just whether you wanna go find one or get straight to the battle."​

Jrez

Community Newbie
Years
John Carden

John took two of the three pokéballs into his hand and gave them a quick toss. "Why don't we go all out? Three pokémon each, first to KO all three of their opponent's team wins."

Catching the tossed pokéballs, John threw them to the ground. From the characteristic flash of light that followed, a Vulpix and Growlithe appeared, each letting out a cry as they were released. The Growlithe chased his tail briefly before bellowing out a friendly bark at the stranger before him, his large, black eyes alight with curiosity and vigor. The Vulpix didn't seem quite as pleased with Lincoln's presence, taking a short look at the young man before trotting over to sit beside her trainer's leg, glancing up at John before returning to stare blankly over at the stranger.

"Well, Lincoln," John spoke up, "this is Verno and Caesa." He gestured to Growlithe and Vulpix in turn, Verno barking at his name being spoken while Caesa continued to stare silently.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Lincoln West

"Sounds like a plan to me bro. Three on three it is." He said, opening the pokeball he was holding and releasing Siege, his Geodude. Siege erupted from his pokeball and pumped his fists into the air.

"Dude!" He cried out, triumphantly clasping his hands together and shaking them in victory.
"Uh, Siege. You ain't battled yet."
"Dude?"
"Dude."
"...geo."

Siege lowered his arms, looking crestfallen before spontaneously flashing a grin and giving Caesa a thumbs up. Lincoln just laughed at his newest pokemons antics, making the decision to follow John's example release his other two pokemon as well. Grabbing their pokeballs from his belt he sent out Jackson and Bixi.

Jackson was a small Shieldon who, after taking in his surroundings, promptly trotted over to stand protectively in front of Lincoln, lowering his head and glaring menacingly at John and his pokemon. Bixi, a sleepy looking Tirtouga, glanced around and sighed before withdrawing into her shell.

"Well, this is my team. Siege is the Geodude, this little Shieldon is Jackson and... uh, the Tirtouga is Bixi. She perks up when she has something to do, otherwise she likes to chill out."

Now it just remained to be seen how John would react to the fossil pokemon. Although they were gradually becoming more common they were still a rare sight. People either tended to freak out or remain completely indifferent (or at least try to appear so). There were exceptions of course.​

Jrez

Community Newbie
Years
John Carden

John looked over Lincoln's trio in turn, though his gaze ultimately fell on the rather defensive Shieldon. Zovo joined at Verno's side and the pair steadily inched their way across toward the opposing team, though they were very congenial visages. Caesa elected to remain at beside her trainer, though her tiny eyes darted to each of Lincoln's pokémon, the Geodude's gesture earning a soft "kon" from her.

"Your protective little partner is a species I've never seen before," John said as he stroked his chin, scratching at a small patch of fuzz. "Never seen one of Bixi's kind either," he turned his attention to the still withdrawn Tirtouga. "'Course, I've never traveled much, so guess that makes sense; world bein' so grand and all."

He waved softly at Siege and Jackson, offering them each a wide, toothy smile. "You seem really tough and rock-solid, though. Let's have a good match once we get rollin'!'

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Drake

Drake flew back to his home, then paused as Zeal floated over it. He whistled loudly and smiled a bit when Rena came floating up to meet him and patted her on the head.

"Well... Lance certainly knows his stuff. This just got a lot more interesting... Any visits from a certain trainer I saw on the staff list?" he asked. Rena coiled around him and lay her head on his shoulder. He shrugged and leaned so that he was facing backwards and resting against Zeal's head.

"Guess not. You'd be a lot less relaxed if she had come... Good... Didn't want to talk to her anyways right now. Hm... Rena, go fly Killita, Maris, and Axy to the pokemon center and get them healed. Zeal, take me down into the mountain where your den is..." he said. Rena reluctantly uncoiled herself from him and took his belt with the pokeballs and flew off with it. Zeal slowly descended towards the mountain where he and Rena had set their area up. He hopped off of his dragon and looked around. He saw a very large dark green cape hanging up and took it down. Silver lettering was on the inside of the cloak with his name and a short inscription on it. He sighed a bit and folded it back up neatly and carried it with him to the daycare center that this habitat was in, putting it in a drawer in his desk and sitting down, looking at a large glass case and sighing.

Brian

Bri nodded a bit as Ciel talked. He could see why that loony would be interested in Ciel. Ciel had some weird kind of power... After all, he had made things float that time on the boat...

"Yeah... Thanks for catching her. Who knows where she would have ended up." he said as he took Bouncy back. She immediately curled up in his arms for a nap, forgetting all about her desire to play. Skye appeared and Brian's expression turned from one of slight apprehension to concern.

"Skye? What happened, are you ok?" he said after a moment, listening to Rama mention Volca. Stupid question, of course he wasn't ok! He blinked a bit, shocked by how unperturbed Skye was, then blushed, chargrined by what Ciel had said.

"Hey, I'm fine! Honest!" he said as Ciel rushed past him, then sighed. At Skye's mention of an arcanine he looked back at his friend.

"An Arcanine? Hm... Nova's a growlithe, do you think it could be related to him?" Bri said after a moment.

Thyme, Duster, and Sprinkles.

Thyme blinked and nodded slowly at Ellie's expression as Duster and Sprinkles locked eyes.

"Seriously, shut up." he said with a growl.

"Actually, this is boring me. Where is Brian? Do you all know?" Thyme said, not so smoothly changing the subject. Sprinkles growled at her.

"I don't care!" he said angrily.

"You better!" Duster said with a grin. Thyme huffed and grabbed Duster and Sprinkles in her vines and psuhed them apart, causing Duster to flinch slightly and look very uncomfortable.

"Enough you too. This arguement can wait." Thyme said, being the rare voice of reason. Sprinkles growled at her and opened his mouth.

"I sswear, if you bite me I'm going to throw you in a lake. If one iss not nearby then... I guesss I'll drag you to one and throw you in it." Thyme hissed softly. Sprinkles paused and stuck his tongue out at her but did nothing. She huffed a bit and turned to Duster.

"And you... Enough teassing him. We have enough problemss without you adding to them." she said. Duster nodded.

"Yes mam!" she said quickly, causing thyme to sigh and release them both

Zaraneth

Zara sighed and turned around to face Zaria.

"Look, I can see that for myself. Are you seriously going to follow me around the entire dorm? I don't want to turn the power on, just see what shut it off, got it?" he said, ignoring Sparx entirely. But Ezar was warily watching the luxray that she had fought before.

"Zara, you need to relax. She's only a little kid, no need to be rough." Quin said in his mind. Zara rolled his eyes and shook his head.

"Quin, shut the hell up. This 'little girl' is probably older than I am. Not everything is what it looks like. And you, ghosty, I am not going to get hurt. Trust me." he said before walking around the messed up part of the floor towards the main circuit room.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Lincoln West

It was a relief that the unusual nature of Linc's pokemon hadn't affected John's demeanour in anyway. With that worry out of his mind he could relax and enjoy the battle now.

"I had a bit of family help gettin' Jackson and Bixi. No way I could have found these two on my own, that's for sure. And hey, your pokemon look pretty aweso-Jackson! Cut that out, bro."

Lincoln scolded the Shieldon at his feet, who had begun to growl at the approaching Eevee and Growlithe. "I'm sorry dude, Jackson here is kinda protective. But that's no reason to be rude, is it?"

Jackson grumbled and lowered his head, shooting Zovo and Verno a filthy look as if blaming them for his own misbehaviour. Siege meanwhile was busy shadowboxing, pumping himself up for the battle.​

Jrez

Community Newbie
Years
John Carden

John let out a laugh, rather amused by the pugilistic Geodude. He glanced back over at Lincoln with a shrug of his shoulder--it was time.

He clicked his tongue before letting out a sharp, quick whistle. Zovo perked his ears, turning his head toward his trainer before skipping over. The Eevee let out a quiet mew before peering at Verno; Caesa seemed to be busy licking her paw, though she peeked over at the opposing team once or twice.

It was clear that John had chosen his Growlithe to battle first, and Verno seemed ready and eager to go, the puppy pawing at the ground when he wasn't pacing from side to side.

Now, who would Lincoln send out first? John knew that he would be at a type disadvantage no matter who Lincoln chose, but maybe he could think up a way to compensate.

Of course, he had never even heard of a Shieldon or a Tirtouga, much less battled either... this was going to be tricky. Really tricky.

Back