• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising 2 (Beta 2 Released)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grandmasterboom

xJownage
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 26, 2016
You know you could use your resources a bit better. There are many routes with countless trainers and at the same time you could use the VS Seeker to rebattle them and then make your training faster making it easier at the same time... That's the thing....
it still takes hours considering the low level of the trainers comparaed to gyms and major battles, which are very, very common in DR1.
how will the new starters work? if they are level 55 like the evos, you only have 45 levels left to grow, and 12 gym leaders and a long game.
i would not agree with a level 5 fully evolved starter. so idk what you could do. but i know that it is possible to expand pokemon beyond level 100. that would be really cool if you could implement it.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Is Their By Any Chance That You Can Give Us The Exact Date For The Beta?
Omfg, who in their right mind quotes the first post? o.O
Please, remove that quote... o.O You are forcing unwanted scrolling to people reading this thread.
And DRG already stated that the beta will be released in December. No point in stating the exact date.
Beta won't be brought earlier just because release date's been stated.

Years
it still takes hours considering the low level of the trainers comparaed to gyms and major battles, which are very, very common in DR1.
how will the new starters work? if they are level 55 like the evos, you only have 45 levels left to grow, and 12 gym leaders and a long game.
i would not agree with a level 5 fully evolved starter. so idk what you could do. but i know that it is possible to expand pokemon beyond level 100. that would be really cool if you could implement it.
2 words, lucky egg. And there are some trainers with good Pokemon, and that give out a huge amount of experience, I didn't have any trouble frankly and I think many took the high levels as a good thing because this made the game something to fight for. Just like Pokemon Reborn.... Mind you, patience is 1 of the most important things when it comes to Pokemon. Almost at the end, I remember catching an Oshawott, and before you know it, thanks to the endless trainers it became a Powerful Samurott in no time, with the exp share which the starters will be holding when you catch them..

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 26, 2013
Once again, i really want to ask u if you could please make a way to easily get pokerus in the next game, the reason why: ev training. I really want to work my pokemon stats to the max. Now what pokerus does is boost the effort points awarded. I hope you understand what im tryin to say. I could give u an idea: maybr u can place a random strange rock somewhere that by touching it your first pokemon could get infected with the pokerus. I still play DR1 and i use the macho brace to ev train, right now im doing a modest nature porygon Z , he is level 53 and his sp atck is 209, its pretty decent by now but it wont be max when he gets to level 100, now with pokerus im sure he would have made it. Pokerus just makes ev training easier, hope you can do something, if not then ill understand.

Grandmasterboom

xJownage
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 26, 2016
i think it being all the way later at level 100 is perfect, the elite four should be there. i think that it got too high early on. lv 70 by the 4th gym is a pace problem, later on in the game it wasnt too hard, early on it was really hard. yeah...couldve made that clearer.

I STILL DIDNT GET THIS YET:

how will the new starters work? if they are level 55 like the evos, you only have 45 levels left to grow, and 12 gym leaders and a long game. i would not agree with a level 5 fully evolved starter. so idk what you could do. but i know that it is possible to expand pokemon beyond level 100. that would be really cool if you could implement it.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 26, 2013
One more thing and I'm sorry for asking for so many stuff. Is there a way for you guys to make a place or a store in which we can buy like the power lens, power bracer, power weight.. Etc. also i cant find the sun stone in DR 1 so i hope you can put that one in a store also. I really appreciate this thanks

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
how will the new starters work? if they are level 55 like the evos, you only have 45 levels left to grow, and 12 gym leaders and a long game. i would not agree with a level 5 fully evolved starter. so idk what you could do. but i know that it is possible to expand pokemon beyond level 100. that would be really cool if you could implement it.
I believe DRG stated that you will get your dragon starter fully evolved on level 10.

Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
i think it being all the way later at level 100 is perfect, the elite four should be there. i think that it got too high early on. lv 70 by the 4th gym is a pace problem, later on in the game it wasnt too hard, early on it was really hard. yeah...couldve made that clearer.

I STILL DIDNT GET THIS YET:

I believe ther've already been several attempts to do it, but the results will be either that the pokemon will go back to level one, the rom will crash, or it will become a missing no.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Hey everyone
Small update;

The beta will be longer than what I originally said it would be.
There's dual-type gyms.

As for the fully evolved starter thing. The starters, Dragonite/Salamence/Garchomp, will be at lv10 with a balance moveset for each of them. Personally, from my playthrough, as well as two others who I know in person, the hack's difficulty in the beginning is easy (Not very easy). From my experience, once you reach the 2nd major city, things start getting more harder, but not uber hard. I'm really loving the balance I've set up.
Also, about EV training, although people rarely Ev train in a hack (at least, to my knowledge), I already have something set up for that. I EV train a lot myself in Pokemon X, as well as White, so I'm very familiar with that.

As for Beta testers, I've already got a fair share of testers here at my university who are dedicated to it. The only other person who will be receiving an early copy of the Rom is youtuber Mexile. Check out her channel of Pokemon walkthroughs if you haven't yet.

So yea, that's pretty much it. Only noteworthy info is the beta will be longer. Next month is the release. I'm also still (Yes, still) is heavy need of assistance with re-sizing the new Pokemon. There's gotta be somebody out there who's good at re-sizing!

Last edited:

Orifiel

Priestess
Years
Hey everyone
Small update;

The beta will be longer than what I originally said it would be.
There's dual-type gyms.

As for the fully evolved starter thing. The starters, Dragonite/Salamence/Garchomp, will be at lv10 with a balance moveset for each of them. Personally, from my playthrough, as well as two others who I know in person, the hack's difficulty in the beginning is easy (Not very easy). From my experience, once you reach the 2nd major city, things start getting more harder, but not uber hard. I'm really loving the balance I've set up.
Also, about EV training, although people rarely Ev train in a hack (at least, to my knowledge), I already have something set up for that. I EV train a lot myself in Pokemon X, as well as White, so I'm very familiar with that.

As for Beta testers, I've already for a fair share of testers here at my university who are dedicated to it. The only other person who will be receiving an early copy of the Rom is youtuber Mexile. Check out her channel of Pokemon walkthroughs if you haven't yet.

So yea, that's pretty much it. Only noteworthy info is the beta will be longer. Next month is the release. I'm also still (Yes, still) is heavy need of assistance with re-sizing the new Pokemon. There's gotta be somebody out there who's good at re-sizing!

About those sprites need to be resize, mind if I can help you?

Years
THIS IS AMAZING! DR1 was the first hacked rom that I played. I loved it so much despite every glitch. Also it's the first pokemon game hacked or not that I ever got a pokemon to a lvl 100 because the storyline required me to. Anyways glad we you were able to get a team of experts. Hope you will continue to make pokemon hacked roms with amazing storylines as DR1. KEEP GOING!!!!!!

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Everyone thank user L96 for re-sizing the sprites. She did an amazing quick job & because of this, the hack will be released earlier in the month of December.

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2020
Im excited and this one will be awesome Good luck DRG I cant wait! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back