• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Challenge of Yourself

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 28, 2015
Hello one and all and welcome to the Challenge of Yourself. The premise is simple, your date of birth, season of birth, and astral sign dictates your team members, this may result in some very interesting combinations!

Team Builder:
1. The Day You Were Born + The Month + The Last two Digits of the Year
*For This Rule, Take the Resulting Number and the Pokemon You Get is the Pokemon That Corresponds to That Number in the Regional Dex of Your Selected Game. If the Number Exceeds the Number of Pokemon in Your Regional Dex of Choice, Simply Half It, and If Necessary, Round It Up to the Nearest Number to Obtain Your Pokemon

2. Choose Your Season of Birth:
-Winter: Choose an Ice or Water Type Pokemon
-Spring: Choose a Grass or Poison Type Pokemon
-Summer: Choose a Fire Type Pokemon
-Autumn: Choose a Ground Type Pokemon

3. Choose Your Season of Birth:
-Winter: Choose a Blue, White, Black, or Gray Colored Pokemon
-Spring: Choose a Green, Purple, Blue, or PinScork Colored Pokemon
-Summer: Choose a Red or Yellow Colored Pokemon
- Autumn: Choose a Brown or Orange Colored Pokemon

4. Choose Your Astral Sign:
-Aires (March 21-April 19): Fire Type of Your Choice
-Taurus (April 20-May 20): Ground Type of Your Choice
-Gemini (May 21-June 20): Flying Type of Your Choice
-Cancer (June 21-July 22): Water Type of Your Choice
-Leo (July 23-August 22): Fire Type of Your Choice
-Virgo (August 23-September 22): Ground Type of Your Choice
-Libra (August 23-September 22): Flying Type of Your Choice
-Scorpio (October 23-November 21): Water Type of Your Choice
-Sagittarius (November 22-December 21): Fire Type of Your Choice
-Capricorn (December 22-January 20): Ground Type of Your Choice
-Aquarius (January 21-February 19): Flying Type of Your Choice
-Pisces (February 20-March 20): Water Type of Your Choice

5. The first Pokemon found on the route that corresponds to the month you were born in

6. A Pokemon from Your Favorite Type

Rules:
*Remakes are counted as the original Generation they were released in, e.g. FR/LG are Gen 1

1. Your team must be chosen using the above method.
2. You may use HM slaves if necessary, but they must not take part in battles.
3. Legendaries ARE allowed IF they are from the selected generation.
4. If you receive a NFE Pokemon, you can choose to evolve it if you so desire. If your Pokemon only evolves through trading, you may trade it to evolve, or use a programme to do it for you.
5. If one or more of your Pokemon are unobtainable in the game you have selected, you may hack/trade them in at a low level at the start of the game. The hacked in Pokemon must be legal, meaning no RNG abuse/illegal moves or abilities.
6. You may use your starter Pokemon until you catch your first Pokemon, but as soon as your first Pokemon is caught, the starter must be boxed/released. If your first Pokemon is not available before the third gym, then you may hack/trade one of your Pokemon at a low level.
7. Emulators and speed up are allowed, but no cheating!
8. Hacked games are allowed, such as Blaze Black or FireRed Omega, as long as they fit into the category of a generation (i.e. No Fakemon, must have a Regional Dex).
9. Just to clear up the confusion surrounding the sixth Pokemon 6, think of it like a Nuzlocke, the first Pokemon you find on the Route corresponding to the month of your DOB is the one you may catch. If you fail to catch it, you're running with five Pokemon. And, if you're playing Gen 2 or one of the remakes (e.g. Gold, Silver, Crystal, SoulSilver, HeartGold) then you must wait until Kanto to catch your last Pokemon!

To Complete Challenge:
You Must:
1. Get All The Badges
2. Defeat The Pokemon League
3. Defeat ,or Capture (If You Are Able To) the Legendary Trio
-Gen 1: The Legendary Birds
-Gen 2: The Legendary Beast
-Gen 3: The Three Golems
-Gen 4: The Lake Guardian
-Gen 5: The Three Musketeers
-Gen 6: Defat Zygrade, Since There Is No Trio
4. Defeat The Deadly Four
-Gen 1: Rival Blue, Boss Giovanni, Leader Giovanni, Champion Blue
-Gen 2: Silver, Rocket Executive/Executive Archer, Lance, Red
-Gen 3: May/Brendan, Maxie/Archie, Wally, Steven
-Gen 4: Cyrus, Barry, Cynthia, Palmer
-Gen 5 (B/W): Cheren, Bianca, Ghetsis, Alder
-Gen 5 (B2/W2): Hugh, Ghetsis, Iris, Benga
-Gen 6: Lysandre, Diantha, Serena/Calem, Battle Chatelaine Dana

*They Can/Will Be Fought in That Order

Please confirm your Pokemon teams on sign up! (With the exception of Pokemon 6 of course, but the route number must be confirmed and this Pokemon should be confirmed once it has been caught)

Here is a sign up sheet:

Name:
Game:
Pokemon Team:

Last edited:
Years
Ok this seems interesting, I'll give it a shot. My birthday is May 26, 1996 so the Pokedex says Barboach but can I evolve it into a Whiscash?

Name: Bgoldwax
Game: Sapphire
Team: Barboach/Whiscash, Sceptile, Flygon, Crobat, Gyrados, Camerupt (fire)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 15, 2023
Name: DarkChibimon
Game: Leaf Green
Pokemon Team: Mr. Mine, Charzard, Typhlosion, Blaziken, Meowth, Latias

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 31, 2016
This sounds pretty fun. I don't know if I can play Gen 5 right now but I'll try to either play it on an emulator or find a used copy.

Name: striderviper
Game: Black
Pokemon Team: Druddigon, Darmanitan, Galvantula, Samurott, a pokémon on Route 7, Excadrill.

Back