• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Ground control to Major Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
I love snow as long as I don't have to drive in it. Back in February I got stuck 70 miles from home when we had a freak snowstorm and had to drive home on pretty much solid ice, across bridges and tunnels and stuff too. It took almost three hours and that's only because the roads cleared up about 20 miles from home.

And @ Christmas stuff, my family will actually be decorating the weekend before Thanksgiving this year. We used to wait until Thanksgiving weekend, but both my mom and I have jobs now that are insanely busy after Thanksgiving and we just don't have time to get everything up once Thanksgiving hits.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
What even is snow though? No White Christmases here!

I think I might travel to America some day solely to experience a White Christmas :')

Years
i feel like every northern person hates snow while most southern peeps seem to want it.

huh
That's because once you realize how much of a pain it can be, the opinion of it changes drastically haha.

Lived down south most of my life. Wanted to see snow again so badly (since so many fond memories of it when I lived up north briefly as a kid). Moved back up north. I now wish at times I could be back down south during winter because yeeeah.

Universe

all-consuming
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2016
What even is snow though? No White Christmases here!

I think I might travel to America some day solely to experience a White Christmas :')

definitely do. i recommend Colorado for your White Christmas, as it happens every single year and you'll get to see beautiful snowy mountains right in your backyard. :)

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
WAIT

When did you become a mod?!

Spoiler:

It snows way too much in the winter where I live. I'd love to go somewhere warm for the holiday season and see a green Christmas one of these days :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
My Thanksgiving plans is go to work and suffer, come home, and then sleepuntil dinner time. Then sleep some more. :D My work is open from 5am-2pm on Thanksgiving and it's time and a half pay so since I don't really help with the cooking i figured why not. Worked well last year and I could use the extra money for gifts.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I signed up to work Thanksgiving. My manager was so happy to hear that I'll work both Thanksgiving and Christmas so she doesn't have to. Apparently Thanksgiving and Christmas is less fun to work for if you're a salary manager.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
I used to work Thanksgiving at my old job since it was double time pay and they closed at 5pm, which worked since dinner was usually at 6.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
Thankfully my new job gives me both Thanksgiving off as well as the day after. So that gives me an extra day to be lazy and sleep all day because I stuffed myself with so much food the day before ^_^

dad

big poppa
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 13, 2018
awkwardly slides into discussion
my job requires me to work all holidays and we don't get paid extra :/

Gabri

m8
Years
/sneaks in
Oh look, it's the DCC again.

Where will I be at Thanksgiving? Having classes and playing games. We don't celebrate it here.

Lexatom

Blockbuster Advocate
Years
I do! o/

Anybody got any special plans for Thanksgiving, by the way? c:

YEY! :D

Anyways, I plan on going to my grandparent's house in North Carolina, the state next to me, and spending Most of the week there. It'll be fun, since my cousins and my aunt are there as well.

Years
Thanksgiving's already passed here, so it's just another day for us, but we do black Friday here and it's nuts x.x

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
We don't celebrate Thanksgiving here, but I do really want to be apart of Thanksgiving at least once -- yet another reason to travel to America for a holiday it seems!

Years
I can understand you there Nathan. My mother always wanted to go to America but it's not due to a holiday, but rather that boyfriend she's obsessed with on Facebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back