• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Screenshot/Music Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015

Atomic Reactor

That's sweet. I just beat Links Awakening and have been craving a tloz starter kit. How odd that you happen to post it haha.

Is that a fan game or something? Oracle of Hours? It must be..

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
That's sweet. I just beat Links Awakening and have been craving a tloz starter kit. How odd that you happen to post it haha.

Is that a fan game or something? Oracle of Hours? It must be..

Oracle of Hours was an 'April Fools' joke over on Vg Maps back in 2004 i think?
But, many people have 'attempted' rom hacks/fan made games of it, I'm not doing that, I just feel like mapping that world map :3

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2013
My new MMORPG in Java :p

Testing PWO main frame while thinking on my own, the problem is I'm out of ideas :\

Attachments

• JCNdF.png
    JCNdF.png
    27.7 KB · Views: 41

xdanx

But you can call me Dan :)
Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2012
But I agree with Neo as far as it being over the trees and how terrible it looks. If the light is coming through the canopy, it should not overlay what is essentially the canopy... if that makes any sense.
Well I don't think it would look better without it. I mean, yeah, it isn't really logical, but maybe that shadows come from even bigger trees we actually don't see. What I mean is that, if the fog wasn't over all the map, it would look even more weird than that, because how could that "tiny" trees cause that effect?

In any case, I like the effect, what I don't like is for the forest to have such a narrow path.

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
Years
I saw some Link's Awakening content up there already, so this might be a bit repetitive, but hey:
dem_gens_by_donlawride-d4nvd0o.jpg

screen.png

Was just playing around with the tiles and stuff and got the idea of going one step further. It's not an actual project, just did it for fun (since the last screenshot(s) I posted were pretty much ignored anyway xD). =P

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
2v1handicapmatch.png

I recently showed off a preview/teaser for the ZENFORMS: Protectors battle system.
We have been revamping the entire system. New UI, new battle ground, and all new game code. The reason was to add more features to the battle system and a revamping made the most sense since trying to add it onto the old code would of broken a lot of it.

A teaser video here.
http://youtu.be/3DJx0pXI0aE
Taken from the simulator hence the mouse cursor on an iPhone game lol.

Awkward Squirtle

,@,e .ºoO
Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2016
Looking good. Is one of the Zenforms really called 'Fugly', though?

Also, the (rather good-looking) animated background makes the still sprites look lifeless. Any chance of having small Black/White style animated sprites?

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Looking good. Is one of the Zenforms really called 'Fugly', though?

Also, the (rather good-looking) animated background makes the still sprites look lifeless. Any chance of having small Black/White style animated sprites?

Yup, that ZENFORM on the video is really called Fugly.

The sprites won't have individual animations. They will jump around the battle system but nothing like black or white.

Awkward Squirtle

,@,e .ºoO
Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2016
BW's Flash-style tween animation would look positively dreadful on a high-res iPhone screen, I'm sure.

Then do a Street Fighter-esque sprite animation. My point is that when the environment looks more alive than your party characters, there's something wrong with your graphics.

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
Years
A WIP ,i spent the day making.Its my first map over 50x50 and I think I'm doing pretty well so far.It is a Route based on one of my old projects that I may start up again.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years

k9dhd0.gif

Just a mock up for the character selection screen. With elements of the introduction from the professor. The characters will move upon selection and the un-selected one will remain still. The animations will be faster in the game. Everything is currently undergoing development.

The sprites are just placeholders currently, and will be changed to look like Skyler and Kelly at some point.

I tried an additional image in the background, but it just became much too busy for my taste, so I scratched it and left the center of the screen rather plain.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Worldslayer, could you make it so the unselected sprite is also semi-transparent too?
Aside from the animation, I feel the unselected sprite should also be faded a bit to make it clearer which gender is selected.

OR
Apply an effect to the color image behind the character sprite. Such as move it outwards (off screen) by about 10 pixels when not selected and to the default position when the gender is selected.

Atomic Reactor

@Wordslayer : I think it would be cool if the chosen one was colored, but the other one was black and white. And a pokeball in the middle would be kinda cool? idk

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
I actually really like the idea of the semi-transparent sprite. Black and white would look a little off I think.

As far as the colored background portion, I was going to have it slide into the screen upon it showing up. They would slide in from the edges then the sprites would fade in. From there I will see how the image transparency will work. Thanks for the idea Neo :).

I tried a pokeball in the background, and it just became too cluttered.

EDIT

fuc5x.gif

Last edited:

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
2vjq6ft.png

Just a sample shot of the GUI Concept. It is not final and things are definitely subject to change, but I thought I would show it off and see what everyone things about the layout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back