• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2017
Name: Polymus 1
Type: Dragon
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): FR, HG, E, Pt, B
I shall hack in a dragon type for a starter for each game!
Can't Wait!

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Type: Dragon
Game(s): FR, HH, E, Pt, B
I shall hack in a dragon type for a starter for each game!
Can't Wait!
Please reference the list of First Encounters on my first post. Not all games allow for you to hack at the beginning. HeatGold for example you can get Dratini at the Game Corner, which can be done before the third gym.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
It's been AGES since I've gotten anywhere in my Ground run and well, I haven't gotten much further. After beating Bugsy, I got trapped in Azalia Town because I was carrying Geodude and Quagsire and my rival had a Bayleef on his team. So it was battle, train, battle, train, battle, train, battle, FINALLY win, and run past Ilex forest. If Geodude did not have Self Destruct, I'd probably be stuck there until my team reached level 30.

Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2017
Please reference the list of First Encounters on my first post. Not all games allow for you to hack at the beginning. HeatGold for example you can get Dratini at the Game Corner, which can be done before the third gym.

I know but I have horrible luck, so the game corner isn't an option, also in black I don't have to wait till I've nearly finished, I can't even think of any dragon types in platinum except Giratina and the same with Rayquaza in Emerald, but instead of dratini for each one I'm gonna follow the rules and have a dragon starter from that region (or the previous region)
THX :)
P1

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Yeah, sorry, no dice. I spent probably 30 hours alone on Voltorb Flip trying to finish my team. At least 4 hours of that was spent learning the game. If the rest of us has to do it, so do you or you invalidate all our work. Or the op invalidates yours. No sympathy.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I know but I have horrible luck, so the game corner isn't an option, also in black I don't have to wait till I've nearly finished, I can't even think of any dragon types in platinum except Giratina and the same with Rayquaza in Emerald, but instead of dratini for each one I'm gonna follow the rules and have a dragon starter from that region (or the previous region)
THX :)
P1
If you would go look at the First Encounters list like I told you to, you would see that Gible is available before the third Gym in Platinum, and you therefore cannot hack in a dragon type in that game. And bad luck is certainly not a good enough excuse to not follow the rules. I myself have played Voltorb Flip for Dratini before, and I know that it's really not that bad.

Please adhere to the rules I set forth in the first post.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
OK soz guys :( I'll try, but I don't know if it will work
Listen, if you really want to do monotype, maybe try a different type? Dragon is really one of the harder ones to find, but there are rules and some of them are obtainable. I don't see any reason for you to have to back out simply because you can't hack in a Pokemon in HG and Pt. You're free to hack in the others if you want to do Dragon still, but in those games you just can't. If you want an easier to find option, I would recommend Normal, Grass, or Water since those tend to be the most commonly available types.

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
Years
I'm sorry I haven't updated in like forever, but I get on these "kicks" and I was on a few kicks for a while, putting my poke'obssesion on temporary hold. But its back on now, so expect an update from me soon, if I'm still in?

Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2017
Listen, if you really want to do monotype, maybe try a different type? Dragon is really one of the harder ones to find, but there are rules and some of them are obtainable. I don't see any reason for you to have to back out simply because you can't hack in a Pokemon in HG and Pt. You're free to hack in the others if you want to do Dragon still, but in those games you just can't. If you want an easier to find option, I would recommend Normal, Grass, or Water since those tend to be the most commonly available types.

OK I'll send a new sign up form with a different type
P1

Type: Normal
Can't Wait!
I wonder if I should use the same pokemon throughout my ultimate challenge?
What do you think?

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
OK I'll send a new sign up form with a different type
P1

Type: Normal
Can't Wait!
I wonder if I should use the same pokemon throughout my ultimate challenge?
What do you think?
Well that would be kinda hard since hacking isn't really allowed for any games with a Normal Type challenge. Not all Normal types are available in every region. I suppose if you pick the right ones it's possible.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Water monotype - Sapphire

Derping around cycling road just before Wattson. This trying to not get ko'd business is wearing very thin!

Current team: Marshtomp, Gyarados, Wingull, Lotad

infersaime

Come and get me
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
Here's update #1 from my fighting monotype run in platinum:
-Choosed chimchar as my partner
-Done the usual beginning stuff
-Beated my rival
-Got to Oreburgh city
-Caught a machop
-Trained my pokes
-Beated Roark and got my first gym badge
-Got to Floaroma town

Current team:

Spr_4p_391.png

Zeno Lv16 Male
Ability: Blaze
Moves:
Scratch
Fury Swipes
Ember
Mach Punch

Spr_4p_066.png

Duding Lv 13 Female
Ability: Guts
Moves:
Low Kick
Leer
Rock Smash
Karate Chop

qw13

Please do not read this text.
Years
I know, I've been away for a really long while but my final exam is coming up and I am stuck with books and lessons all the day. Thanks to NecrumWarrior for not deleting me. I am too bored of this Kanto Ultimate thing and I started Electric Monotype on Crystal (Still doing fire though). Everything is in the spoiler:

Spoiler:

Post 2:
Thought of it again and since I have done Kanto and am halfway through Johto, why not finish Electric as an Ultimate? Here's signup:

Name: qw13
Type: Electric
Games: Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, Black 2

And yes, I do love third versions.

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
Years
Ultimate Dark Monotype Challenge Hoenn Chapter Update:
-Traveled West to Verdanturf Town, then found the rail station to the peak blocked by two Magma goons, so I decided to take the Fiery Path, for now.
-Waded my way through soot and found myself in the small town of Fallarbor.
-Met Lanette and followed her back to her place. (Ohh yeah ;D )
-Ventured into Meteor Falls and watched as Team Aqua evacuated Team Magma.
-Traveled back to the rail station of Mt. Chimney and found it cleared
-Took the Train up the mountain and found Team Magma and Team Aqua battling it out, and thought I'd join in on the fight.
-Defeated Magma Leader
Spr_RS_Maxie.png
Maxie
-Traveled down the Jagged pass and found myself in Lavaridge Town, where a new Gym Leader to challenge. :)
-Defeated
Spr_RS_Flannery.png
Leader Flannery, obtained
Heat_Badge.png
Heat Badge.
-Remembered that my father is a gym leader, its about time for a reunion...
Party
274.gif

Ninja - Nuzleaf - Male
Level - 36
Adamant - Chlorophyll
Faint Attack
Torment
Cut
Fake Out

302.gif

Gemstone - Sableye - Female
Level - 37
Modest - Keen Eye
Faint Attack
Night Shade
Scratch
Fake Out

Last edited:

WarriorCat

Monotype lover!!!!!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
Ultimate Flying Monotype update!!!!!!

I finished Emerald, I really dislike the Elite Four, it was so difficult.
Also, I stopped making the videos, because they kept getting corrupted, but here are some pics:
Spoiler:

Also, a somewhat detailed update of FireRed:
Spoiler:

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
I will be starting once classes end, but I would just like to bring this up here. :)

Username: miltankRancher
Type: Water
Challenge: (Single or Ultimate) Ultimate
Game(s): (In order of planned completion : ) LG, SS, E, Pt, B2

I will be posting updates by the gym badge/capture/evolution/Hall of Fame. :)

Last edited:
Years
Finished Kanto and I'm now starting Johto in the form of Crystal!
Spoiler:

I've got finals coming up, so may be a while before I update again.

qw13

Please do not read this text.
Years
Update time! I was bored, and I was looking on past posts on this thread and I liked another user's (can't remember the name) update. It is fast and good-looking so thanks. And, started flying monotype on PC (this time on red).

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Well, that was lot. I hope to finish Crystal first, then Yellow , and lastly Red.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back