• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Krobelus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Intro
Hello everyone!
Pokemon Krobelus is gonna be kinda a remake of Pokemon Crystal, but, like Zel once said, "It wont be an exact remake, it'll have it's differences". Basically it'll be Pokemon Crystal Remade, but with remapped areas, new dungeons/puzzles, and most features of previous Pokemon Games! (Also, Krobelus kinda sounds like Crystal, which is why the choice of name) It's also being made thanks to Poccil's RPG Maker Starter Kit.

Storyline
Basically, it's gonna have 3 sagas. Johto, Orange Islands, then Kanto. Johto will be your beginning adventure, Orange Islands for a vacation, and Kanto to top it off. Then perhaps bonus areas for afterwards and legendaries. Ideas for inbetween are unthought of, basically going through Pokemon Crystal on my emulator, whilst copying into my game, while thinking what to add in between. Also, a lot of personal friends of mine will appear in game, some you might not know, but I think you may know one of them. *COUGHzelCOUGH*

Features
Pretty much everything (almost) from most previous games, but I'll list the latter.
-Breeding
-True Pokemon Battle System
-Day/Night
-PokeGear
-Every Pokemon (all 493)
-Weather System
-Choose to be the Hero (Red/Gold) or Heroine (Blue/Kristal)
-Many secrets, and revamped/remapped maps
-Much more... (probably forgot a lot...)
New!
-Glitches! (Exploiting Glitches in the other games were, well, fun! So I'm putting a few in for obtaining certain Pokemon that you could only get through glitches =D)
-Annoying House (Trick House) (Basically, the Trick House, but so much more annoying, be prepared!)

Screenshots
Spoiler:

ProgressNew!
Till next Demo
How it should be read:
Finished Working On Next

Ilex Forest
Route 34
Goldenrod City(Just need to do Events)
Route 35
Route 36
Route 37
Ecruteak City(Same as Goldenrod)
Route 38
Route 39
Olivine City(Need I say more?)
-Demo 2 End-

Credits
Poccil (Starter Kit)
Zel + Enrico Marini (Sprites)
Coronis (Sprites)

Humm... when I remember/get some more, I'll update this list.
Note - If you see something of yours in here, please PM me and let me know so I know whom to give proper credit to.

DemoNew!
Demo 1
Up to Azalea Town Gym/Rival Battle

Please post to keep this thread alive! And to keep me motivated! Also, post your ideas, it'll help.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Name your game after yourself, why don't you. :P
The New Bark Town map looks, well, empty. Maybe some variation in the grass? Try using the lighter shade for only paths.
Nice to hear you've got Zel's support - good luck!

Atomic Reactor

why are the trainers so blurry?
i dont like the door on your house either... it dosnt look right.
if you want i can give you my door animations ive made so far.(red door included)
id liek to see more screen shots though also.
i like it so far.

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
Years
Title.png

This looks really good, but the text used for "Krobelus" needs to be changed.

NewBarkTown.png

I agree with atomic_reactor, the door looks out of place.

I'm not really happy with the whole Crystal remake idea, since we already have too many. But if it's what you want, then go with it :)
Orange islands seems cool though, it's not very common.

Best of luck!

Years
@Wichu - Heh, why not? It'll be easier to remember that way =P And what do you mean by lighter shades? o.o And I got Zel/Coronis's support for sprites. (updates credits)

@atomic_reactor - Well, they're blurry because I had to resize them, but I think I'll re-resize them (Just too lazy when there's so much else to do). I know the door doesn't suit it, but I don't have very many doors for the animation, and if you want to contribute, then by all means, PM me! Thanks, I'll credit you as well. =P

@DarkkChildd - Yea, the text is a Pokemon Game's text (forget which one =S), but larger, which is why it looks funny. I'll change it when I get around to it (*mental note) any ideas what kinda font it should be? And thanks for the compliment. It's gonna be more like... a Crystal Remake during Johto, then kinda different during the whole Orange Islands thing, then Kanto will be much different (in story), because I felt it was kinda... bland, and rushed in the original, so why not spice it up?

I'll take more screenshots later tonight (the Day/Night goes by your computer clock) and I want some screenies showing night time.

-Krobe

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Sorry, I was talking about the shades of grass, but forgot to mention it.

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
Yet another remake, but I always love to hear when people are willing to put in some variation. You've definitely got my support; everything looks fairly decent and I wish you luck! And as for some random suggestions, like I always love to put it, I have some for you.

-Why not add some variation to Johto? Perhaps make it in the future? Or maybe the past?
Change up the maps a bit, maybe add a new house, or if it's the past then make some bigger
cities like Goldenrod smaller. Maybe even bigger? Just don't be afraid to be different as in terms
of making it a complete remake.

But either way, good luck ^_^

Years
@Wichu - O.o, I still don't know what you mean.. haha, I don't see any grass in the screens, (unless you mean non-encountering grass)

@~Manaphy~ - I'll take those into consideration, but keep in mind, it's not a complete remake, just part of the beginning to hold a grounding start, but even then, it's gonna be a bit different. But I like different suggestions! Although, more onto how I should get certain legendaries (because not all of them were in G/S/C lol)

Semi-Update
When my good friend from Rmxp.org (SephirothSpawn) fixes his Triple Triad script (minigame from Final Fantasy 8), then I'm gonna put it in my game as a mini game that you can play with most NPCs. But don't get your hopes up, because it might not be compatible with Poccil's kit, but that wont stop me from trying xD

Here's some screenies of the Triple Triad Script:
Spoiler:

Looks pretty kewl yea? Don't worry, I plan on changing the graphics around, and perhaps changing each card into Pokemon images? Then it can be Pokemon Triple Triad!

Tell me whatcha guys think!
-Krobe

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Yeah, the background, non-encountering grass. At the moment, you've got the darker shade only underneath the trees - I'd just fill everything with it, then mark out paths with the lighter shade.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
Sounds fairly good :) . My main concern is that you're being a little too over ambitious; making 3 regions will be no easy task, and you might not be ever able to finish what you started.

-True Pokemon Battle System

I'm intrigued. Is this just the standard battle system that comes with Pokemon Essentials, or are you tweaking it to become something better? Will we finally see battle animations :D ?

Years
Update

Sorry guys for the lack of update, but for your information, I'm still working on this. I'm too lazy to upload a bunch of screenies, and a bunch of errors occurred, blah blah blah. Anyway, I'm uploading a demo. It goes up to Azalea Town. I don't have beta testers, so there are obviously a few mistakes, no Pokemon in some areas, but it's a demo to show you what I can do. All the Trainers work. Two badges, etc. etc.

Anyway tell me whatcha guys think of it, and lemme know which errors happen where, since this is a one-man's project I don't have any beta testers. Also, if any of you wanna take some screenies for me, both during day time and at night, then I'd much appreciate it.

Demo

I'll update first page to compensate.

Yeah, the background, non-encountering grass. At the moment, you've got the darker shade only underneath the trees - I'd just fill everything with it, then mark out paths with the lighter shade.

Well, actually the shades under the tree are darker because of the shadow the tree gives.

Sounds fairly good :) . My main concern is that you're being a little too over ambitious; making 3 regions will be no easy task, and you might not be ever able to finish what you started.

I'm intrigued. Is this just the standard battle system that comes with Pokemon Essentials, or are you tweaking it to become something better? Will we finally see battle animations :D ?

Actually, I meant in the sense that it's truly the real Pokemon Battle System you find in the gba games. Sorry for the misconception.

-Krobe

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
I meant that you should replace the grass highlighted in red:
tempsf7.png

with the grass highlighted in blue, except from on the paths.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2015
the demo doesn't work...the black screen starts, but it disappears after 1 second

Years
Updated First Post!

I meant that you should replace the grass highlighted in red:
tempsf7.png

with the grass highlighted in blue, except from on the paths.
So, you mean to replace the pathways for grass? Alright, mentally noted. Thanks.

the demo doesn't work...the black screen starts, but it disappears after 1 second
Does it still not work? You might need Rpg Maker XP installed, maybe not. But if I get more feedback from others, than I might be able to find the problem.

@Everyone - Please try out the demo, to see if it works or not, if it doesn't, tell me what it happens, and what the problem is, and if it does work, please give feedback.

Thanks.
-Krobe

Years
Update:
Demo

Uploaded the new demo. It goes up to Azalea Town. There might be some errors, but the majority of the bugs are fixed except the following:
Farfetch'd in Ilex Forest is already saved, I can't figure out why it freezes when you try to lure him back to his owners, so he's already found.
All the HMs are really messed, like they have no data in them, and they should be fixed on the next demo.

Now, I don't know why, but almost no one (literally) posts. The demo is fixed now, everyone and anyone should be able to play. If you like it, then post, so I can update without deleting posts. I hope you all like the demo. Post with your feedback/ideas!

-Krobe

Last edited:

bjorn130

Epic Quest Creator
Years
it looks pretty nice but i won't start playing till there's more to see. but it looks pretty good. jour not the best of making games but i can see your pretty well, i personaly have no idea of how it works that's why i admire the poeple like jou. keep on the good work.

unown_hunter

Currently:finding shiney unown
Years
demo does not work to point

Demo does not work when i get into room, it gives me an error

Exception: Win32::Registry::Error
RTP and Registry:201:in `open'
RTP and Registry:467:in `rtpGetPath'
RTP and Registry:481:in `audio_exist?'
Game_Map*:140:in `autoplay'
PokemonLoad:284:in `pbStartLoadScreen'
PokemonLoad:222:in `loop'