The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Scripts & Tutorials

Notices

Scripts & Tutorials This forum is for scripts and code, as well as all kinds of tutorials, software, tools and so forth. Remember to give credit!
The thread revival limit does not apply here.

Old January 6th, 2014, 08:17 AM
conejo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandre View Post
The server won't work without giving a valid SMTP account. This is on purpose as your users would have a poor experience if they can't recover their password. Just set up a GMail or live account or something.
where I put the gmail account?
Old January 6th, 2014, 11:57 AM
ShadowFiendZX
Gym Leader

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Skype™ to ShadowFiendZX
Quote:
Originally Posted by conejo View Post
where I put the gmail account?
You go to gmail.com
then make an account
then in Main.rb
GMAILUSER = "[email protected]"
GMAILPASS = "YourPasswordHere"

Old January 6th, 2014, 04:37 PM
conejo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowFiendZX View Post
You go to gmail.com
then make an account
then in Main.rb
GMAILUSER = "[email protected]"
GMAILPASS = "YourPasswordHere"
THANKS !! ...

PD: The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 25 characters.
Old January 20th, 2014, 11:14 AM
dydd90

This is fantastic i hope you can fixes some bugs and complete it...good luck
Old January 22nd, 2014, 01:12 PM
Daruda
Grinder

If someone know how to port the server not on a computer but in the web, this would be really awesome.
Old January 31st, 2014, 12:03 PM
Worldslayer608
ಥдಥ
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandre View Post
When I have the time to work on opensource stuff I will be doing some bug fixes. The system has been used extensively in Pokemon Zeta and Omicron which is currently in beta testing with thousands of players. The server is resilient but there are some client side bugs in trading and battling which need to be fixed. 90% of the time a trade goes through without a hitch but battles always crash for the losing player (I know why though). It's just a matter of me finding a week where I can sit down and get back into the pure Ruby mood, I've been spending a lot of time over the past 2 months doing commerical Ruby on Rails stuff.
Alexandre, I might try to fire this up here and see what it is like for myself sometime in the next week.

If you have some free time, I would love to chat about the interface a bit with you. I can work on some designs if you want to hammer something out together. It will help take care of the graphics portion and maybe streamline this a bit more.

This is a topic I would like to cover a bit in the Podcast when I get to it, so hopefully it is not something you plan on never touching again

Pokemon Pillars of Destiny - Starters
To vanquish without peril is to triumph without glory...

Voted Best Game Designer 2011 on PC
Old January 31st, 2014, 01:07 PM
Alexandre

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by ЩѻƦḽᶑʂḽдƴƹƦ™ View Post
Alexandre, I might try to fire this up here and see what it is like for myself sometime in the next week.

If you have some free time, I would love to chat about the interface a bit with you. I can work on some designs if you want to hammer something out together. It will help take care of the graphics portion and maybe streamline this a bit more.

This is a topic I would like to cover a bit in the Podcast when I get to it, so hopefully it is not something you plan on never touching again
Yeah sure sounds great. I must mention, though, that since its term time, I have a lot of work in both uni and other things so I might not have time to work on PE O again until the summer.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links