• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Collen

I have returned.
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2015
Hello. I would like to replace a trainer's graphic with my own, but I can't seem to find the number in unLZ-GBA.
This is the trainer I want to replace:
frlgemtr045.png

I'm hacking a Fire Red rom. The original sprite uses number 45 in A-Trainer.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Hello. I would like to replace a trainer's graphic with my own, but I can't seem to find the number in unLZ-GBA.
This is the trainer I want to replace:
frlgemtr045.png

I'm hacking a Fire Red rom. The original sprite uses number 45 in A-Trainer.

I found it at 1544 in an untouched FR ROM. Search around that number and you should find it.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
Is there a command in XSE to change which ow picture is on it?

For example:
I want person 1 that I'm talking to (who has lance's ow) to change their ow to the player's. is there a command that lets me do this?

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2016
hey guys. Im looking for resized BW sprites to fit GBA, does anyone know where i can find them? or how to resize, if i need to do it on my own.

Edit: @teh blazer- Maybe a hidesprite/fadescreen0x0/showsprite/fadescreen0x1 sequence would help. im not sure if that helps but its one way.

Gigafrost

Pokemon GBA Spriter and Coder
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2015
Hey, I was wondering if I can add new moves into pokemon emerald. If not then is there a way that I can replace them? More specifically the effects of these moves?

Also Abilities. Can I make my own abilities? Can I modify the old ones? If so what do I need to do? What tools? Etc. Would REALLY appreciate it if this is possible. Very desperate for an answer.

Probably has been asked before and I apologize if so. Seems like I'm asking for a bit much. But I Haven't found anything on this forum about it and would really appreciate if I'm guided on what I need to do in order to make it possible. Making a new hack and just need to be pointed in the right direction to make it successful.

Complans

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2015
Hey, I was wondering if I can add new moves into pokemon emerald. If not then is there a way that I can replace them? More specifically the effects of these moves?

Also Abilities. Can I make my own abilities? Can I modify the old ones? If so what do I need to do? What tools? Etc. Would REALLY appreciate it if this is possible. Very desperate for an answer.

Probably has been asked before and I apologize if so. Seems like I'm asking for a bit much. But I Haven't found anything on this forum about it and would really appreciate if I'm guided on what I need to do in order to make it possible. Making a new hack and just need to be pointed in the right direction to make it successful.

Yes, you can fully edit attacks using A-Tack

And I do not know if editing abilities is possible, sorry.

disturbedfan98

NO DISASSEMBLE NUMBER 5!!
Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
I'm working on a hack of ruby and sapphire, and i tried downloading EliteMap so i could change the Dex entries and the names of the Pokemon, but both the times i downloaded it, my antivirus picked up a Trojan from the file. Is there any way to fix that?

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
I'm working on a hack of ruby and sapphire, and i tried downloading EliteMap so i could change the Dex entries and the names of the Pokemon, but both the times i downloaded it, my antivirus picked up a Trojan from the file. Is there any way to fix that?

Use YAPE it's newer than EliteMap and has more functions.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Help Editing Badges

I'm currently working on a hack of Pokemon Ruby, and would like to know if there is a way to edit the badges. By that, I mean the images of the badges that appear on your trainer card after you get them. If it's a certain image number in UnLZ-GBA, I could probably figure it out if I'm just given the image number, as I have a fair deal of experience using UnLZ-GBA for sprites and title screens. If there is a tool out there somewhere to edit the badges, then that's even better. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
I have a slightly red alert emergency that I have no idea how to fix. I figured the root of my pas questions, i had some demon clone of my hack in the same folder as mine (but it'd never show up in the "open up which ROM prompt") which i guess interfered. After i deleted the monster and move my hack outta there, it began to act strange. Everything has changed to nop (scripts, signposts, things people say when you talk to them) and when i try to change the ascript back to normal, it says "Error 63 'Bad record number' on line 2 (which is the #org thing)" and when i try to make a new script, it says the same thing but on line 1 (which is the dynamic thing). What happened? Is this some unfixable glitch?

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
I have a question..
i have done this many times but still it cannot work, maybe it just me..
I tried installing the d/n system, but it wont work on my ROM at all, changing the time and all, it is still the same color..
i did enable rtc on visual basic, and the way i implement the d/n system, is just load the ROM and click implement right?
don't know why it did not work for me.

Years
I have a slightly red alert emergency that I have no idea how to fix. I figured the root of my pas questions, i had some demon clone of my hack in the same folder as mine (but it'd never show up in the "open up which ROM prompt") which i guess interfered. After i deleted the monster and move my hack outta there, it began to act strange. Everything has changed to nop (scripts, signposts, things people say when you talk to them) and when i try to change the ascript back to normal, it says "Error 63 'Bad record number' on line 2 (which is the #org thing)" and when i try to make a new script, it says the same thing but on line 1 (which is the dynamic thing). What happened? Is this some unfixable glitch?

Sounds like you deleted your actual ROM and kept this "demon clone," whatever that is.

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2011
I've tried searching for an answer both on Google and the forum, but I can't seem to find anything related to my question..

I've been having success for the most part with my hack, but now I've encountered a problem.

Advance Text, which has been working great up until now, is making the changes I want it to, but these changes are NOT registering in the actual game. The thing is, only the last few changes I've made (to Pokemon names and moves) are not showing up in the game. Those recent changes appear in both Advance Text and YAPE, so I'm not entirely sure what the problem is.

If someone could help me out, that would be fantastic!

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
Previous question:
have a question..
i have done this many times but still it cannot work, maybe it just me..
I tried installing the d/n system, but it wont work on my ROM at all, changing the time and all, it is still the same color..
i did enable rtc on visual basic, and the way i implement the d/n system, is just load the ROM and click implement right?
don't know why it did not work for me.

Since i am going to ask another question, so many question from me..lol
anyway how do i edit the grass pokemon animation,
since the animation do not work the same like normal animation, how do i find the animation?

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2016
Hey, Im interested in learning about hex editing and ASM, basically i want to know the rom inside and out. does anyone have any good starting points for me? any tutorials or suggests would be appreciated.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
I've tried searching for an answer both on Google and the forum, but I can't seem to find anything related to my question..

I've been having success for the most part with my hack, but now I've encountered a problem.

Advance Text, which has been working great up until now, is making the changes I want it to, but these changes are NOT registering in the actual game. The thing is, only the last few changes I've made (to Pokemon names and moves) are not showing up in the game. Those recent changes appear in both Advance Text and YAPE, so I'm not entirely sure what the problem is.

If someone could help me out, that would be fantastic!

That's because those things are set to a set-width, so when it's "repointing" then to a different location in the ROM, it's not working, and the game keeps on reading the original value. I have no idea how to work around this without hex editing, though. :\

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2015
Is it at all possible to increase the number of TMs in the game? (Preferably by using unused items like R/S Key Items in FR) If so, could it be done without ASM?

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2014
how do i change the fonts and textboxes in FR to the ones from Black and White and where do i find the ones from black and white?

Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2011
does anyone know the offset / sprite number for spinda's spots? i just went thru every sprite in unlz but i couldnt find it, or i missed it. (im using a ruby rom)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back