• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

:) >_> D: ^__^ \o

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I love emoticons! I'm going to ditto everyone else and say that they're a great way to express your emotions. My favorite emoticons are the ones that are text-based. The image-based ones are a little... weird. xD My most common smilies are the following:

;o;
;~;
:3
D:
Dx
.-.
xD
n__n

Not a lot, but that's still better than nothing. Haha.

Years
I use emoticons a lot, mostly ones that display a happy face or even acting cute. It's a sign of showing my feelings when I'm posting or sending a VM here.

Years
I don't use them much and at times people tend to think that I'm serious all the time due the lack of emoticons in my texts.

I use the following emoticons now:

:/
o_o;

And very rarely, these:

:D
;p
x_X
:]
:[
\o/

srinator

i use a heck of a lot of emoticons and my friends at the battle server would agree lol :P

i use many tbh -_- >_> <_< :3 ^_^ v_V u_u n_n :/ :|
some of the many i use o.o;

Renpuu

Gengar !
Years
I've got into a habit of using them often during online conversations and posts
My favourite ones are:

XD
=D
^_^
X_X
-_-
¬_¬
>_>

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I love using emoticons! They're fun. :3 I don't use them when I'm completely serious or talking to someone I don't really get along with though.

c: - happy face!
:c - sad face..
:D - extremely happy or laughing face!
:P - TEEHEE!
xD - for awesome xD moments xD
xP - extra TEEHEE!
:3 - adorably cute face :3
x3 - extra adorably cute face
D: - *gasp*
:O - surprised face!
._. - oh.
== - wth.
:/ - unsure.
>< - urkk..
n_n - delighted!
O.o - huh..?
o_o - uhh...

There are many more others, but I'll leave it to you guys to discover them in your own time. :3

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I use :) :( :D <3 </3 :p :o XD and 8D regularly, and occasionally things like :x .-. and :s. I also enjoy using the Trozei sprites on PC since they can make any post seem more tacky fun.
272.png
I don't often use the image versions of smilies though since they don't often construe the implications of the text very well, so I tend to stick to the plain text versions.

Years
I love using emoticons.. but I try not to go over, I know some people might get annoyed by that.. > _ >

Stuff I sorta regularly use:
8D
:D
: )
: P
xP
:\
:'D
;_;
--"
0W0
QwQ
OTL

I don't like using the image smileys either... Its just not the same.

Years
I mostly use the most simple emoticons such as ":D" and ":P". I try to avoid using many emoticons other than these. :D

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I use them all of the time. The most common ones for me are O_O, O_o and XD. I'm serious. Oh and I also like using :3. There's a lot of them I use, but i can't name them all... I think the ones I mentioned are more common for me.

Other times I use >o>, >w<, ^w^, O w O... among others. lol like I said, I can't name them all. I think my favorite one out of all them is >w< Because it's so cute and adorable.

Oh and I also use TT^TT, TT_TT, TTwTT... and yeah. I'm pretty much naming them as I go along. XD My most commonly used smiley though is XD.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Windows RT sure makes inserting Emoji easy. I do prefer using Emoji these days.

Things like...

😃, 👀, 😸, and the like. Of course, sometimes I use the old ones. ;)

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
I dislike animated/graphic emoticons. I prefer simple text smilies, but even those I don't use much.

Ok except for ;;

Back