• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Radiant Sunrise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amarantine

The psychic baritone ♠
Years
When you say it killed you, do you mean that positively or negatively? I can see it going either way, to be honest. :P

Well, you can think i mean it in a totally positive way! i'm such a psychic/dark pokemon tard lmao, also ghost stories and such are my weak spot xD (just imagine my reaction the first time i heard the ghost Marowak story on Lavender Town back to the Blue/Red days :D)

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
Years
Well, visible progress at this time is kinda at a minimum. Today, though, I'd like to gather input: How would you like to see the main game menu implemented? Mouse buttons off to the side of the game window? A classic start menu sort of thing? Or something else entirely?

Zadow

Pokemon Ebony Developer
Years
I really like how your project is laid out so far, I hope you really do make some good progress ^^ It'd be nice to see such a game get far into development. Creating a 3d game would be quite the task. I wish you good luck, about the menu, I always loved how the XD and Colosseum menus worked, maybe something like that? with Pokemon Bag Save and an option for a device, used for various things, like the Pokedex, and whatever you'd like to include, you should look how they animated those devices in those games, don't know if it's be possible for you, but it was pretty neat :) anyway, I'll stop bothering you now. Goodluck, I admire your ambition for a 3d Fan Game. :D

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
Years
Actually, an animated menu like that would be quite possible. I was even thinking of the possibility of having the Pause Menu actually be within a Pokedex.

Also, Vye Brante finished two pieces of concept art for trainer classes - Businesswoman and possibly Cooltrainer(The names are subject to change)
Businesswoman
Cooltrainer

Last edited:

Zadow

Pokemon Ebony Developer
Years
pokemonradiantsunrise.png

Well I made this for your game (you don't need to credit me) :cer_love: I hope you like it, it's just a simple banner, to encourage you to keep developing your game :cer_giggle: I also put it in my signiture. I can try and make some nicer ones later for you if you like.
By the way, the two links there both link to the same image.

Years
Howdy! I really like the idea of making a 3D pokemon game, but beware of the 3D modeling, it can be time consuming, especially if all pokemon, maybe some others too are going to be modeled. I look forward to updates!

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
Years
pokemonradiantsunrise.png

Well I made this for your game (you don't need to credit me) :cer_love: I hope you like it, it's just a simple banner, to encourage you to keep developing your game :cer_giggle: I also put it in my signiture. I can try and make some nicer ones later for you if you like.
By the way, the two links there both link to the same image.

Beautiful banner! Simple and to the point. :) I really appreciate it. (*Ker-signature'd*)

As for the two links, that was embarrassing. I've fixed it now, so thanks for pointing that out.

Howdy! I really like the idea of making a 3D pokemon game, but beware of the 3D modeling, it can be time consuming, especially if all pokemon, maybe some others too are going to be modeled. I look forward to updates!

I appreciate the support, and am aware of how time-consuming models can be(Before my game dev classes, I took a semester of 3d animation). Hopefully, though, I can use models from Pokemon: Battle Revolution, or only model Pokemon native to Tohoku and just frequently update that until I hit 493+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back