• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ṩahara Ṇights

Years
ohboy.png

Introduction

Hi kids, I'm Karpman. While it's no KG Stall, this is by far the best team I've built, synergy-wise. It is a bit weak in some facets and, while strong enough to beat every regular, save Elf, I'd like it to get better. And when I mean better, I mean good enough to finally stop wallowing in the pool of mediocrity and start wrecking a wide array of teams. Now, I've always wanted to play skilled stall, but at the same time, Garchomp was my favorite Pokemon to use, so I included him on the original team and he worked exceptional as a revenge killer. I finally had a team to feel good about. While this is technically a balanced team, it does have a lot of elements from stall, two major elements it lacks however, are a Rapin Spinner and a Spin Blocker, the latter not being needed all that much. Eventually, Garchomp got banned, and I had to find another Scarfer. After being decimated by Spinosaurus's Terrakion, I knew who Chompy's replacement would be. While he isn't gifted with the same amazing typing that Garchomp is, Terrakion still proved effective, perhaps even moreso than Chomp. I'm in a huge team building slump right nowAnd with that, I give you: Ṩahara Ṇights.

At a Glance

450.gif
227.gif
639.gif
251.gif
242.gif
479-W.gif

The warriors to which I owe my success

Hippowdon (F) @ Leftovers
i_hippowdonn_female.gif

Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 152 Def / 104 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Slack Off
- Roar

Some credit balanced teams for helping them learn the Metagame, I credit Hippowdon. Honestly, I strongly prefer Hippowdon to Tyranitar for a couple of reasons. The first its exorbitant Base HP Stat, which makes up for it's lackluster SpDef and allows it to wall even the hardiest of attackers [this is not a pun, as Hardy is a terrible nature, kekeke]. Another reason why Hippo is superior it's access to Roar, which I use to shut down mons that try and set up on me, later in the match. Hippo's typing is also far superior, defensively, to Tyranitar, whose Typing leaves it weak to a plethora of attacks. The fact that it can heal while walling is infinitely helpful as well, another thing which Ttar lacks. Finally, being the slowest weather starter [although this has no meaning in relation to T-Tar], the opponent will have to make a few switches to bring their weather into play, something I may be able to take advantage of. Finally, Ice Fang has been chosen over Stealth Rock, mainly to beat/check Dragons and Gliscor, which Hippowdon can easily wall and I can predict their switching in.

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
i_skarmory.gif

Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Hardy Nature
- Brave Bird
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Next up, we have Skarmory, the premier physical wall in OU. Skarmory is the team's second phaser and main Physical wall, the secondary being Hippowdon. The strategy with Skarmory is quite simple, I set up spikes after I switch in on something that I completely wall, and I let the spikes pile up, when they switch or try to set up, either way, both are futile. Whirlwind is a great tool to use as well, not only do you get to force spikes damage on one of your opponent's Pokemon when another tries to switch in, but it can effectively take apart frail special threats that Skarmory hates and Pokemon that can beat Skarmory after a few boosts.

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Spr_5b_639.png

Trait: Justified
EVs: 4HP /252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- X-Scissor
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

And here, we have our Revenge killer. The Garchomp ban tore the giddy smile right off of my face, but I had to face the facts and move on. And, to be honest, this thing can handle Dragons as well as Garchomp can. Seriously, this is like when Drake is featured in a song and always has the best verse, because he's that damn good, it doesn't matter if he's singing or rapping. Anyhow, I chose Scarf because it outspeeds and beats a variety of threats, one of them being +0 Terrakion, and I was never a player who depended on setting up to win, I prefer being in position to outspeed a wide array of foes, without having to wait for a free turn to set up. Terrakion is also my only means of beating Sigilyph, a hugely underrated Pokemon with an enormous amount of potential. Anyhow, Earthquake is there for a wide array of coverage with reliable accuracy, CC and Stone Edge for STAB and X-Scissor for Psychics and Lati@s switch ins.

Celebi @ Leftovers
i_celebi_s.gif

Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 232 HP / 240 SAtk / 36 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Leaf Storm
- Heal Bell
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover

Remember what Kevin Garrett said about one of your Pokemon being the team's glue? The one Pokemon that absolutely holds the team together, directly atoning for the weaknesses shared by the other 5? Well meet the official paste fairy of Sahara Nights. It's ability to spout off extremely powerful Leaf Storms that kill the Water/Ground mons my team hates, resolve the other team members of their status issues with Heal Bell and absorb Leech Seed make it an invaluable asset to the team. HP Fire is for speedy beswathment of Nattorei, who is a large-scale threat to this team otherwise, it also works well on Magnezone and surprises Scizor that switch in. Keeping Celebi alive, which is somewhat easy, is near-mandatory in order for victory to be achieved, otherwise, the team will suffer from status and will be walled by both Ferrothorn and Water/Ground mons. Well, Terrakion has CC, but Ferrothorn annoys the team nonetheless. My biggest flaw in playing her is that I sometimes desperately switch in to heal my team, which can create unfavorable matchups and cause Celebi to die.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
i_blissey.gif

Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Stealth Rock
- Softboiled
- Seismic Toss

Oh, Blissey. You're such an amazing Special Wall, you probably don't need a paragraph explaining your use on the team, but I will give you one, nonetheless. Blissey contributes greatly to this team's Synegy, as it takes out many of the special attackers that can cause this team trouble. The idea for running SR on Blissey came from an RMT linked to in Elf's guide to stalling. The creator of the RMT posted something like "Well, it does nothing half the time, so why not let it set up SR when something switches in?". Honestly, I found it to be a great idea and it works quite well at setting up SR. Flamethrower is there for emergency Natt bewswathing, Scizor switch ins, and SubGhosts, well, ghosts in general. It also forms a great defensive combo with Skarmory, as most of you already know :>.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
i_rotom_wash.gif

Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Pain Split
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire]

For the longest damn time, I had no idea why this thing was 7th in usage, it died so easily, since it's Base HP stat was so poor. I have finally seen the light. It's typing is so amazing, it can easily take down many water, fire, steel and flying types, there's probably more, but my mind was mainly focused on what a cool guy Rotom-W is, at the time of writing this. The best part about him is how well he handles Gliscor, OHKOing with Hydro Pump and walling it to hell and back, which is huge, considering what a threat Gliscor is to this team. Pain Split allows it to get back to 100% easily since Rotom has a low Base HP and is great for when I'm uncertain as to what will switch in on it, which is quite the nice little feature, especially since I mispredict frequently. HP Fire is for Natt switch ins, and 2HKO's. While it's not one of the Pokemon gifted with an exceptional stat spread, Rotom-W's typing and moveset allow it to wreak a great amount of havoc and take out Pokemon that threaten my victory otherwise.

Threat List

dpicon142.png
Aerodactyl -Rotom-W, Ice Fang from Hippo
567.png
Archeops -Rotom-W, Celebi, Hippo, Terra, Skarm
Ani482MS.png
Azelf -Terrakion
625.png
Bisharp -Terrakion, Hippowdon, Skarmory
Ani286MS.png
Breloom -Hnnng, I hate Breloom so much, Spore is so evil hnnng, I guess I just outspeed with Terra and don't let it get to +2. Either that or I let someone get spored and use Skarm to kill it.
609.png
Chandelure -Terra, Rotom, Hippo
638.png
Cobalion -Terra, Hippo, Rotom, Skarm
534.png
Conkeldurr -Skarmory, Rotom, Celebi. It's sort of hard to wall with Skarmory, but whirlwinding and blasting it with powerful special attacks gets the job done.
555-normal.png
555.png
Darmanitan -This one might be tough to handle, but Hippo can probably take a non-sun Flare Blitz and of course, Terrakion for the revenge kill.
386-speed.png
Deoxys-S -Just hit it until it dies. Hopefully it gets banned, since it's still annoying, whether as a lead or as a late-game sweeper.
dpicon149.png
Dragonite -Because D-Nite can go either physical or special, it's a bit tough to handle.
621.png
Druddigon -Skarm, Terra, Hippo
604.png
Eelektross -Rotom-W, Blissey, Terra, Hippo
dpicon466.png
Electivire -Hippo and Terra
500.png
Emboar -Terrakion and Rotom-W handle it well, as does Hippo.
Ani395MS.png
Empoleon -Rotom-W, or Terrakion on the Revenge Kill.
196MS.png
Espeon -I just pound it with one of my powerful attackers.
589.png
Escavalier -Rotom-W
530.png
Excadrill -Rotom-W, Hippowdon
445.png
Garchomp -BANNED TROLOLOL
649.png
Genesect -^
Ani094MS.png
Gengar-Blissey or Terrakion
623.png
Golurk -Rotom-W or Skarmory-Rotom-W or Celebi [if Rotom-W dies]
Ani130MS.png
Gyarados - Rotom, Rocks
612.png
Haxorus -Skarmory, Terrakion can revenge kill it.
Ani485MS.png
Heatran -Terrakion, Hippowdon, Blissey and Rotom-W can all work. Hooray for me finally building a non-Heatran weak team.
dpicon214.png
Heracross -Never faced one, but I assume Skarm would suffice.
635.png
Hydreigon -Chansey or Terrakion
Ani392MS.png
Infernape -This thing can cause me some serious trouble. Hippo, Rotom-W and Terrakion can beat it, as long as I don't let it set up.
Ani385MS.png
Jirachi -Terrakion or Hippowdon both work here.
Ani135MS.png
Jolteon -Terrakion or Blissey
647.png
Keldeo -Not released, thank god, although Terrakion might be able to dent it pretty hard/
Ani230MS.png
Kingdra -Rotom-W, or Skarmory, Blissey if it's a special Kingdra.
553.png
Krookodile -Rotom-W, Celebi, Terrakion
646.png
Kyurem -Terrakion, Blissey, unless it's mixed.
645.png
Landorus -Hippowdon, Skarmory, Rotom-W can handle it decently actually, I'm sort of weak to this. Ice Fanging switch ins and roaring them out is the best way to beat them for me.
381.png
Latios -If it's scarfed, I beat it with Blissey, if not, Terra revenge kills it.
549.png
Lilligant -Celebi
Ani448MS.png
Lucario -Terrakion, Hippwodon, Rotom-W and Blissey.
Ani068MS.png
Machamp -Rotom-W, Celebi, Skarmory Hippo
Ani462MS.png
Magnezone -Hippo, Celebi, Terrakion
Ani473MS.png
Mamoswine -Skarm, Rotom-W, Celebi for non scarfed ones.
Ani648PMS.png
Meloetta-S -unreleased
Ani648MS.png
Meloetta-V -unreleased
Ani376MS.png
Metagross -Hippo, Rotom-W or Terra
620.png
Mienshao -Skarm, Hippo, Terrakion, Skarm isn't too great a way to wall it, though, but it's fairly frail, so Brave Bird can dent it.
579.png
Reuniclus -This thing is a major annoyance to my team. It always has potential to sweep. I usually just try to blast it with Hydro Pump or Leaf Storm and then try to take it out with X-Scissor, but that doesn't work too well.
dpicon407.png
Roserade -Blissey, Celebi, Terrakion.
373.png
Salamence -Hippowdon crushes it with Ice Fang and can Roar out DD Variants
586.png
Sawsbuck -Skarmory or Terrakion, I mainly have to control weather here.
Ani212MS.png
Scizor -Rotom-W, Skarm, Hippo, I can surprise it with Celebi and Blissey, too.
560.png
Scrafty-Terrakion, Hippowdon, Skarmory
537.png
Seismitoad -Since when was this an offensive threat? Anyhow, Celebi should make quick work of it.
497.png
Serperior -Celebi, Blissey, Terrakion
492-land.png
Shaymin -Celebi, Blissey, Terrakion
561.png
Sigilyph -This thing, as said earlier, can be a beast. It's essential that I quickly pelt it with Stone Edge or T-Bolt before I let it set up.
dpicon235.png
Smeargle -Anything, really, lol.
Ani121MS.png
Starmie -Rotom-W, Terrakion and Blissey.
639.png
Terakion -This is another Pokemon who is tough to contain, but if I can break its balloon, roar it away and then EQ On the switch in, Hippo beats it. Skarm and my own Terrakion can potentially beat it as well, assuming it hasn't boosted.
642.png
Thundurus -Blissey, Terrakion, Rocks
dpicon468.png
Togekiss -Rotom-W and Terrakion.
641.png
Tornadus -Terrakion, Blissey and Rotom-W, as well as SR
Ani248MS.png
Tyranitar -Terrakion, Hippowdon, Leaf Storm and Hydro Pump hit it pretty hard, too.
003MS.png
Venusaur -Celebi
494.png
Victini -Terrakion, Hippowdon, Rotom-W on the switch in, or to check it after a V-Create.
640.png
Virizion -I hate this thing, but Terrakion can always outspeed it. Blissey might do alright agains the CM ones and Skarmory beats the physical variants,
637.png
Volcarona -Stealth Rock, Blissey, Terrakion and Hippowdon all wall/beat it to an extent.
Ani461MS.png
Weavile -Skarmory, Terrakion, Hippowdon.
571.png
Zoroark -Terrakion, although I have to deduce whether a Pokemon is in fact Zoroark or not.
594.png
Alomomola -Rotom-W and Celebi
Ani242MS.png
Blissey -Even though I have Terrakion, it gives me a ton of trouble if Terrakion has fainted, since it can Poison/Burn and Skarmory and Hippowdon aren't top tier attackers.
Ani437MS.png
Bronzong -Celebi, Rotom-W
Ani251MS.png
Celebi -My own Celebi, Terrakion, Blissey
113.png
Chansey -See Blissey
386-defense.png
Deoxys-D -Terrakion, I assume, I could probably just set up spikes and status on it.
563.png
Cofagrigus -Rotom-W or Celebi
558.png
Crustle -Rotom-W, Celebi
Ani356MS.png
Dusclops -This thing is a bit tough to take down, but if I can get status on it, that helps.
598.png
Ferrothorn -Rotom-W's HP Fire hurts switch ins, as does Blissey's flamethrower. Terrakion and Celebi are my best answers to it, however.
Ani205MS.png
Forretress -I hate this thing, not because it's hard to beat [which it isn't] but because it gets Toxic Spikes and Rapid Spin
569.png
Garbodor -Terrakion or Hippowdon
526.png
Gigalith -Celebi, Rotom-W or Hippo
Ani472MS.png
Gliscor -This thing can cause a lot of trouble since it walls Terrakion, so I try to kill it quickly with Rotom-W. I can Ice Fang it, too, but that doesn't do a whole lot of damage.
Ani450MS.png
Hippowdon -Rotom-W and Celebi.
593.png
Jellicent -Rotom-W and Celebi
380.png
Latias -Terrakion, Blissey
630.png
Mandibuzz -Rotom-W can probably beat it, same goes for Hippo and Terrakion, it could potentially cause problems with Toxic.
198MS.png
Murkrow - Anything? Lol.
038MS.png
Ninetales -Terrakion, Rotom-W, Blissey and Hippowdon all make quick work of it.
186MS.png
Politoed -Celebi and Rotom-W
233.gif
Porygon2 -Terrakion, Burning with Rotom-W
Ani479OMS.png
Rotom-H -Terrakion, Hippowdon
Ani479WMS.png
Rotom-W -Celebi, Terrakion
545.png
Scolipede -Hippo, Skarm, Terra
Ani227MS.png
Skarmory -Rotom-W and potentially, Celebi and Blissey.
Ani143MS.png
Snorlax -Terrakion
Ani245MS.png
Suicune -Hnnng, I hate this thing because it's a Calm Minder, so I guess I just wittle it down with Seismic Toss from Bliss then Roar while it's sleeping and try and get a nice hit on the switch in.
Ani260MS.png
Swampert -Celebi
dpicon073.png
Tentacruel-Blissey, Terrakion, Rotom-W, Hippo
Ani134MS.png
Vaporeon -Another Pokemon I hate, but Celebi and Rotom-W do decent against it.
547.png
Whimsicott -Celebi wrecks it to hell and back, Terrakion can beat it, too.
Ani178MS.png
Xatu -Rotom-W, Terrakion, Hippo
Ani145MS.png
Zapdos -Hippo, Blissey, Terrakion

ENTRY HAZARDS, ESPECIALLY TOXIC SPIKES AND TRICK ARE HUGE PROBLEMS FOR THIS TEAM.

Credit to Pokesho and Bulbapedia for the sprites and Haunter of Smogon for the threat list.

Last edited:

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
I think

Excadrill
Air Balloon / Life Orb
Adamant / Jolly
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Rapid Spin

Would be a good replacement for Terrakion. You still get the speed (Less coverage, unfortunately), but you get Rapid Spin as well.

Special Lucario seems like it could give your team some trouble, but then again you next to never see it, so I suppose it doesn't really matter.

flamehaze94

Jeste!
Years
[this is not a pun, as Hardy is a terrible nature, kekeke].

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers

i_skarmory.gif

Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Hardy Nature
- Brave Bird
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Oh dear :/

One problem you mentioned was suseptability to other hazards especially Toxic Spikes. The main TSpikers, Forretress and Tentacruel, also happen to carry Rapid Spin that can blow away all your hard work. This will not happen quickly but eventually your grounded Pokemon will succumb to passive damage as time goes on, even if they have recovery. If these two have Wish support then you're kinda screwed. Heal Bell can only work so many times and Celebi cannot switch into everything you know. I find it funny that Natural Cure prevent Celebi and Chansey being poisoned as opposed to badly poisoned D:

A well played LO Latios w/ Psycho Shock can give this team trouble if it catches Blissey at the wrong time, since Draco Meteor / Surf will maim everything else and Terrakion can only revenge kill it. Also, Cloyster can cause problems IF it sets up. I'll outspeed and KO everything including Terrakion if it's running Jolly nature. Of course, they only way it can SS is to have Wobba or Dual Screens support, so just be wary of that if you see one.

Something like Spiritomb can work over Celebi. CM Reuniclus never beats it 0_o and it can spread status with WoW and stall like a machine with Pressure. You lose a powerful Leaf Storm and precious water resist though, so may want to think upon it. Blissey can do well as your cleric since you don't really need two attacking options on it.

It's a great team though; very capable of holding its own in most situations. You also forgot to mention me with D_A since I'm a semi-regular and... you never beat me (never battled :P)

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Celebi wants the defensive Perish Song set;

Celebi@ leftovers
252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Speed
Bold Nature
Trait : Natural Cure
- Perish Song
- Recover
- Giga Drain / Grass Knot / Psychic (4 conkeldurr) lol
- HP Fire

Covers your CM Reuniclus, smashpass and last poke sweep weakness well.

Agreeing with Flamehaze on the not needing 2 attacking options on Bliss. Flamethrower is generally better. Stealth Rock can easily be placed on Hippow anyway too then you can use Toxic on Blissey so you dont lose to CMers (see Lati@s) lol.

Agreeing with Ooka on Excadrill also.

Jellicent might fit well over Rotom-W actually tbh to block spins.

Last edited:
Back