• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Contact [T] SU/OOC

Wymsical

V.S. The Wymsical Champion
Years
Won't be able to work too much on the SU because I had a seriously crappy day yesterday. Edited a bit of the personality. But that's it. I'll probably edit more today when I get the chance. :)

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
Will edit this post with my SU today if possible. My Mondays (yesterday) usually have nothing get accomplished.

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
Ok sorry had a test this morning...

Now back to the fun stuff:

First off dang lost 2 humans... sorry to see you two go but I understand.

Also Pokemon players your fully welcome (in fact I encourage it since it will allow you to make your character even more unique) to have your characters wear clothing, jewelry, armor, tattoos, hair dye, and even carry things like daggers and more "primitive" weapons (they would be more for decoration than use since their abilities are superior to swords, and for instance you want a fighting type with a weapon or a Dewott who wields swords instead of shells that is ok also). The Pokemon here are very intelligent and have invented many things, but instead of focusing on science like humanity did they focused on more mystical aspects (due to their abilities) so their inventions will have a more magical twist to them.

now to SUs:

Otherworld9): Accepted For a being a first time RPer showing lots of potential. I hope you enjoy this RP and don't sap my sentry.

Supervegeta: Accepted Welcome to the GTA Marines.

Both of your SUs have been put on the first thread for quick reference

@DeepImpact you are reserved

@ODSTmarine (below because I'd prefer not to spam my own OOC atm) you are reserved

There is 1 human slot, and 1 Pokemon slot open.

Last edited:

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
First off dang lost 2 humans... sorry to see you two go but I understand.

Also Pokemon players your fully welcome (in fact I encourage it since it will allow you to make your character even more unique) to have your characters wear clothing, jewelry, armor, tattoos, hair dye, and even carry things like daggers and more "primitive" weapons (they would be more for decoration than use since their abilities are superior to swords, and for instance you want a fighting type with a weapon or a Dewott who wields swords instead of shells that is ok also). The Pokemon here are very intelligent and have invented many things, but instead of focusing on science like humanity did they focused on more mystical aspects (due to their abilities) so their inventions will have a more magical twist to them.

Too bad....lost two people in a row. I hope their roles can be filled with other potential Roleplayers....

I will add a very rough sketch of my pokemon to help people get a good view of Sanya.

Fuyu

Years
Name: Riley Stormshine
Species: Pikachu
Job: His job is at a Pokemon cafe known as the Twister Zone. He works as a pastry maker and occasionally plays music for the guests. He'd play more if he could but he's not allowed.

Appearance: He is slightly taller than most Pikachu, reaching 1'6" instead of 1'4". Riley has fur the color of sunset yellow, the hairs just a bit sharp. His long ears sometimes droop down, making Riley look slightly dog-like. His eyes are a friendly green and his front paws are heavily callused. The normally red cheeks are also white and his brown marks remain the same shade. His left ear and bolt-shaped tail both bear scars, the former slightly faded. He has a red bandanna around his neck. Perhaps the most striking feature (and definitely most unusual) is the guitar strapped to his back, the black instrument almost as tall as he is. He will sometimes trip while carrying it, so Riley ends up bruised half of the time. He also has a mark on his right paw, a tattoo of a red sun. He says it's a symbol of his power, of his true state of being. His mother drew it herself. Most Pokemon think he's nuts but what do they know right?

Personality: Riley has a problem: he believes he is now Rivir incarnate and will eventually rise to power over all, king of the world! For now... he's just a weirdo with a love of baking. Hey, it's sugar! What the heck more do ya want? Yeah... Riley doesn't like swear words. He was swatted as a Pichu for imitating the older children and their curses. It hurt a lot. Oh well, he doesn't think about it. He's a cheerful, optimistic ball of electric fur and enjoys every second of that happiness. Riley has this other problem... he's very courageous and instinctual but he still analyzes almost everything to the point of neurosis. So these start to conflict and... he sometimes passes out. If he's lucky he gets a headache. He analyzes mostly because of cooking and baking, which requires him to be very careful with how much he shocks the berries. Riley is arrogant but not to the point of shoving his awesome in your face. He wants to but Auntie Fiona shoved manners up his tail. You don't mess with a Xatu. You just don't. The Pikachu's perfectly fine... just don't mention his tattoo.

Usually Riley is loud, curious, sometimes off the walls, and eating strawberries with sugar and this sweet plant he grinds into the poffins. He is only quiet when playing his amazing electric guitar. The Pikachu believes it's amazing, like him. I mean, how many yellow mice do you see with a rocking machine. (Well it's not the technical electric guitar but it is better than that ukelele he had!) He actually built it, with help from some friendly Steel-types and some other Pokemon of various typing. Anyway, when he is playing his guitar, he gets very quiet and intense, a whole other furball. Riley relaxes, the stress drops, the hyper goes to nil, and he wows the crowd. He's never that hyper, arrogant teenager when he plays.

Riley is loyal to the point of stupidity, despite his clearly unhinged mindset. He is fully aware of his difference (crazy) and what it's doing to him socially. So when he is trusted, accepted, befriended, it's almost like he clings and will follow them like a lost puppy. If he's betrayed, he will act very hurt and lost but deep down a part of him anticipates it and is rather bitter about the possibility. Though his outside behavior is almost completely real, there is a seriousness and intelligence that he keeps on the down low. He'd rather be a crazy god incarnate than that quiet freak with the music box any day. He's had that happen before. He does not smoke the freaking Razz leaves. Got it? Good.

History: Riley was born in Fardir Forest to a single mother. Yeah what? No, his dad unfortunately ran off, a treasure hunter and drawn to the possiblity of something created by Valkri. Was Riley's mom happy? God no but that was not something you showed to impressionable Pichu with eggshell still stuck to their head. Sadly there were not many Raichu or Pikachu in Fardir willing to assist in raising the already odd baby. Who volunteered? Why Fiona the Xatu! The kind yet slightly odd creature was a willing and helpful role model about the forest. Did that make him a normal child? No but it made him polite. Riley was relatively sane back then. Sure he occassionally made music with grass blades and asked for a ukelele for his seventh birthday but that was okay! He still had friends, loved sugar, and even could be pretty smart when the Pichu put his mind to it.

It was around this time he tried channelling electricity. He couldn't do it very well, not without his ukelele. He figured out how to do that in a thunderstorm one day. It was by pure accident when he went out into the storm. He got electrocuted and needed to discharge before he blew up. So while looking for a safe place to release a shock wave, he started playing reflexively, not noticing the electricity streaming out around him. When he finally did, Riley found most of it was gone and he could probably go home. Took him a few weeks what he did though.

It's about the age of eight when things start getting hazy. Nobody knows the precise details, not even Riley himself, about the weeks following his birthday. He disappeared, off to go explore a cave passerby had mentioned. He went alone of course, believing himself the bravest hero and a powerful adventurer! Now... the rumors say he got lost and hit his head in a fall before he returned home. Others say he was kidnapped and cursed before someone sent him to plague the forest. Riley? He believes Rivir awoke inside of him and led him home to his mother. His mom doesn't care, he's still alive. To celebrate this, she tattooed his paw. Two years later he evolved, as though waiting for something.

It was around the age of thirteen that his mother had enough and kicked him out. He had made his guitar by then and was starting to reach that teenage rebellion that signaled goodbye. So she sent him out to get a job. She didn't exactly plan for him to move out but whatever made him happy. He visited the village of Mirit in his travels, deciding against living there, stopping shop in the little village of Darim. A Spinda offered him job and board and he accepted. Riley's been entertaining and traumatizing ever since.

Moves: Quick Attack, Brick Break, Thunderbolt, Volt Tackle, Custom Move: Electro Jam- electric attacks originating from his guitar. He strums the strings, sometimes with a pick, sometimes not and it can be either music notes or just lightning. He charges it through the strings like he would the pouches in his cheeks and releases it around him. His ability is Lightning Rod, which can make him sick if he's not careful.

RP Sample:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
Not as long as I wanted, but better than forcing ideas.

Name: Daniel "Chino" Calhoun (Nicknames: "Chino, Danny, Dan".)

Job: Marine - SOC (Gunnery Sergeant)

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Personality: Danny is one of the best soldiers in his former platoon, this cause him to gain a cocky attitude once in a while. Most of the time he is the calm person he always has been. It takes time and work to extremely anger him, but just plain angering him isn't as difficult. Dan takes orders well, and fights just as well. For a weapons preference, Daniel likes Sub-Machine Guns, handguns, and assault rifles, though he is skilled with most weapons from snipers to explosives. He likes to look different from the people around him, he hates to look the same.Intelligence, something he lacks none of, especially in tactics. His head lets him come up with crazy and effective strategies on the fly,his armor lets him carry it out. When it comes to music, he likes Punk Rock, all types of Metal, as well as Hard Rock and some dubstep. Danny can also sometimes be defensive of friends, especially if someone is trying to harm them, other than his few belongings, his friends are all he has left.

History: Danny has always has been good with firearms. At the age of 8, he started Parkour lessons. When he was 16, he already owned a Assault Rifle, and was a Merc. Two years later, He left and joined up with the armed forces, where he used his, now rechambered to the old, but powerful .416 Barrett, and joined in the war. He got to know the soldiers in his squad well as they went on multiple missions on the front. After Twenty successful missions on the front and preforming extremely well on all missions as well as in between them in training and in general public, the Special Operations Command added Danny to there map. One mission later, he was offered a spot. After a lot of convincing from his squad, and three days of thinking, he left his best and closest friends and became a member of the SOC. He was put in a new squad, which was just created for Nanosuit 2 testing under the designation 'Freelancer.' The only people who knew about them was those high up in command, the trainers, and the occasional marine who saw them in the field.

---------
Years later
---------
Freelancer had lost 15 out of it's 35 members to the Shivans. Even for them, in there suits it was hard to kill just one. Danny was put on a ship headed back to Terra for defense purposes after the battle at Vasuda Prime was lost along with all the other members of Freelancer. The company that made the Nanosuit had most likely been destroyed, there was no question that it wasn't inhabited any longer, abandoned with the planet, which was too bad, imagine if the whole army was equipped with them, though that would cost a lot to do that. When The Marines won the battle for Terra, Danny took leave on the planet. It was a nice vacation, especially since he hadn't had one in his whole service. The day that the Shivans attacked again, he was as shocked as everyone else, all he remembers of that was getting picked up by a dropship and being assigned to a ship.

Daniel and one of his old squad members were assigned to the GTC Respite for the evacuation. The only things he had left was his uniform, a few items he always kept with him, his rifle and his armor.

During the escape, he tended to stick to himself or with his former squad mate. He didn't really like being around the other people. The odd thing about that is he normally isn't shy like that. After a while he got used to being around the other members. He was often seen with both his SCAR and his Majestic, as he felt naked without his weapons, as had carried them non-stop for years. When the ship was attacked, he helped make sure there were no, borders to the ship, since he didn't know how to operate the ship, that's what the crew was for. Other than helping with heavy lifting, he didn't do much else, so he spent a lot of time in the mess.

Weapons:
S-C-A-R 2
Superior-Combat-Assault-Rifle V2. Fires 4mm sabot SCAR rounds
Dannys carried this with him since his days as a Merc. 40 rounds per Mag.

Majestic
Semi-Automatic heavy revolver firing .53 heavy rounds.
Picked up from an abandoned weapons factory on earth during leave. Cylinder holds 6 rounds.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
Drat. I may have came a bit late. If it is possible could I reserve a place as a pokemon?

Yes there was one last spot for the Pokemon open and its yours... consider yourself reserved

My SU:

Spoiler:

1 human slot left...

Last edited:

Fuyu

Years
Finished my SU! LEt me know if I have to change anything!

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
@Fuyu your SU is definitely... different... but all that matters is that your approved. The "starting" town is named Tranquility for the pokemon so you might want to start there instead or Mirit itself and you can be one of the lucky few survivors.

I will say I find it very interesting from what I've seen the Pokemon SUs have all been young/quirky pokemon for the most part where the humans are all hardened veterans (much more grimm (see what I did there :p ) and very serious.)

I can tell the interactions will definitely be interesting. I'm planning to write up a few "semi-important" NPC profiles for the beginning of the RP.

Beegu

Is Waldo
Years
Ok. Here is the beginning of my SU. I'll try to finish it by the weekend. Here it is:

Name: Magnus "Aurum" Ytallum (Mag-nuss Yih-tal-um)

Pokemon species: Metang

Job: Works building houses, particularly the steel frames.

Appearance:

Most of the time, Magnus appears as a perfectly normal metang, excluding for his left arm. He is a fairly average-sized and weighted for Metang. While the average for metang is 1.2m tall, he is 1.5m. Also, he weighs 203.5kg, which is one kilogram heavier than the average. This is most likely because there is a fine gold lacing to most of his silver sections, which makes them slightly heavier. This also makes it that, in the right light, most of the silver sections of his body appear gold. This often results in him flickering gold for a fraction of a second. The exception to this are the claws on his left hand, they are pure gold, so they always appear that way. Another thing that makes him stand out is the odd coloring, also on his left arm. Instead of being a metalic blue like the rest of his body, it is the silvery color that most of his claws are most of the time. This gives him an odd look. The reason some parts of his body are odd like this is because he evolved when a commonly colored beldum and a shiny one merged. Also, around his neck he carries a strange golden key. Lastly, if anyone were to remove the golden bandage halfway up his left arm, they would see a magical marking signifying a criminal. However, Magus in and of himself had never committed a crime and luckily has papers allowing him to carry on supplied my his adopted father.

Personality:

Magnus is a pretty nice guy, although he gets nervous when interacting with large groups of which he doesn't know many pokémon. He is always thoughtful of others and is always willing to help, as long as the end result is a good one. He never excludes others and tries to get everyone involved. Most of this happens on the construction field, though. Also, because he has little experience with large amounts of pokémon, he gets, stiff, nervous, and jittery in large crowds. He hates performing. Some of his companions at the construction site that it's called stage fright and it happens to everyone, but he's determined that it is deeper than that. Since he spends most of his time now in the construction of houses, he has little time to spend with what otherwise would be friends. He has a few pals of the construction site, but much of their time is spent of the architecture, not the socializing. However, when he has free time he and some of his pals went down so visit Mirit and some of the surrounding villages. Although he has tried, he cannot remember clearly a time before his work as a construction worker. His previous life as a beldum, of rather, two beldums have seem to merge together and disperse. Although he cannot recall these earlier years, he occasionally has sever flashbacks where all the present pauses and his mind travels back to re-experience an important event in these seemingly distant lives. These only happen in events of extreme danger of importance. Although he is not particularly religious, because he doesn't know of his earlier life and is nearly clueless about what he's in this life for, he chooses to worship Ilith, the goddess of magic and destiny. More now than ever after Mirit has been destroyed.

Also, in a remote part of his mind, small fragments of his former lives reside. What is left of these personalities is weak and weakening. Too weak to control Magnus's body. All they have the power to do is gather their willpower and whisper to Magnus through his mind. However, in times of danger or importance, they awake from what otherwise is a half-sleep and can pull Magnus's mind back to one of their memories. This is the only way to keep themselves alive.
( I don't won't to reveal too much about his lives prior to evolution, It will be revealed during the RP.)

History:
Before evolving: The secret agent chased the shiny beldum bandit, as he was known. The red marking of a criminal shone on his back. The secret agent was also a beldum by the name of Reknum. Both were flying at high speeds of 40 mph, however Reknum was gaining because the bag of jewelery weighed the beldum bandit down. He was chased up a hill to a jagged, rocky peak. When the beldum bandit crossed over into the rocky section, he halted seemingly unwillingly and flew head over body, dropping the goods. Reknum was sure he could catch the thief now. He was laying flat on the ground, looking confused. When he saw Reknum, he tried to fly away, but he was pulled back to the ground. Reknum was so exited to finally catch the bandit that he didn't heed the warning that the bandit supplied. Sure enough, when he crossed over into the rocky summit, he felt the jerk of the highly magnetized ground and faltered suddenly before toppling head over body into the beldum bandit. He knew what was happening, but he couldn't stop it. His brain unwillingly fused with the other beldum and everything plunged into blackness.

After evolving: Magnus's lives as beldums before evolution are always blurry and unclear to him. Unbeknownst to Magnus, this is because they fused together unwillingly. Although it agitates him that he can't remember his earlier identities, he can't do anything about it so he usually lets it go. From the part of his life he can recall, this is how it went. After evolving, he "awoke" on a rocky hill, overlooking a few towns. He could sense magnetic radiations from this hill tugging him to the ground, but he managed to stay airborne. He felt confused and scared. He could not remember anything, so he just wandered in panic. Part of this was because he felt from time to time like a (or maybe two) voices would whisper weakly and meagerly in his head. He no better understood the bizarre golden key hanging around his neck. He spent a few weeks hiding in caved,scrounging for food, and just wandering around before he met a person who would change his life. A Metagross found him in the cave and adopted him out of empathy. The Metagoss was named Kalcu. He was the one who named the confused Metang Magnus. He was an architect who built many houses, hotels, and resorts. He was fairly renowned. He offered Magnus a job in his business as a construction worker. Although Magnus assured himself that Kalcu Was his father and he was kind to him, there was never a father-son bond between them. One day he and a few of his companions were visiting Mirit on a day off. It was a nice day, and they were chatting outside a café when it happened. A portion of the sky turned cloudy for no understandable reason, and a strange hole opened and spat out a bizarre object unlike anything Magnus has seen before. A colossal black mass coming from the sky. No, falling. Falling... Maguns's brain did a quick, automatic calculation of where the ship would fall based on its assumable mass, its velocity, and the sudden impact of the atmosphere on it. Falling... Right smack in the middle of Mirit!!! He was too stunned to do anything for a moment. Then he did the sensible and appropriate thing than anyone would do and screamed with the largest electromagnetic pulse he could manage: "RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!" He then took off with his friends in close pursuit on the ground. Tucking his arms behind him, he flew as fast as he could away from the thing. It was a close call, even Magnus could not predict if he could dodge the object. He did not know the mass nor the volume of the object, and the wind was unpredictable. No, it was too late. The object was too close now. Maybe 20 meters away. Magnus closed his eyes and braced for impact. Nothing. He opened his eyes to see he had cleared the object. He was safe. A wave of relief fell over him and he collapsed to the soft ground. He looked up. Not five seconds later, the object crashed to the ground and plowed its way down the center of Mirit, leaving a scar in its wake. It was approaching the sacred shines to two of their gods. After an almost automatic calculation in his mind, he realized that it really was too late. It crashed right through the shrines like they were glass, not marble. No!

Moves: Meteor Mash, Psychic, Zen Headbutt, Earthquake, Charge Pulse - The user sends an electromagnetic pulse at the foe, either positive or negative: If positive the foe is pulled towards the user, if negative the foe is repelled away (15 damage plus impact damage: 25 to 95) Can also be used in the same way to move girders and crossbeams from long distances.

Other:
Although he doesn't know or know how to use it, the key around his neck can unlock any type of lock know to the creators of it. It belonged to the beldum bandit.

RP Sample:
None required.

Last edited:

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
@Fuyu your SU is definitely... different... but all that matters is that your approved. The "starting" town is named Tranquility for the pokemon so you might want to start there instead or Mirit itself and you can be one of the lucky few survivors.

I will say I find it very interesting from what I've seen the Pokemon SUs have all been young/quirky pokemon for the most part where the humans are all hardened veterans (much more grimm (see what I did there :p ) and very serious.)

I can tell the interactions will definitely be interesting. I'm planning to write up a few "semi-important" NPC profiles for the beginning of the RP.

Now that you mention it, I think I'm the only gloomy pokemon out there, the others being nice and energetic. Can't wait for the last human slot to be filled......

Fuyu

Years
Ah, thanks! Actually you can blame Nideous a bit for this one: I was about to write up my other character. But we both knew of Riley and his... "Quirks" so he convinced me to go for the more hilarious option. And thanks! I will do that.

Edit: Otherworld9) I get the feeling our characters will not get along too well.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Ah, thanks! Actually you can blame Nideous a bit for this one: I was about to write up my other character. But we both knew of Riley and his... "Quirks" so he convinced me to go for the more hilarious option. And thanks! I will do that.

Edit: Otherworld9) I get the feeling our characters will not get along too well.

.......now that you mention it, our bios are nearly different. Say......who knows. Look and Naruto and Sasuke, enemies yet comrades. XD

Arsenic

Years
I pictured a much longer SU when I started, but I lost my thoughts.

Done, more or less, anyways.

Let me know what to fix. (I feel my on-ship history is wrong with what really happened.)

Last edited:

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
@ODST your accepted but realize if your character tried to fight Shivans with that SCAR II he would be unable to do any damage to them with it. Shivans are insanely tough... like tougher than the Abrams tank tough.

Also I don't plan to have Shivans appear in this RP don't worry... They are just the ones who drove the humans almost to extinction, and haunt our dreams at night...

Arsenic

Years
So anyways, I had a question.
Starting date? or are we just waiting for that one slot to be filled.

Last edited:

chef30

Great Scott!!!
Years
May I join? This looks like an AWESOME RP!

Name: Jackie Sienna Kings

Pokemon species: Umbreon

Job: Jackie as a trained spy with all of the other Dark-type Pokemon.

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Personality: Jackie is a girl that loves to have fun. She is the adventureous and bold type, yet she doesn't speak as much as normal Pokemon. She loves to walk underneath the moonlight. Jackie is very sneaky. Other Pokemon might think this is because she is one of the many spies around, but she was born natrally with this. Jackie will never back down from a fight. Yet, she does have a calm side to her. She likes to confuse Pokemon and try to sneak out of a situation. Jackie doesn't speak much when meeting a new Pokemon. She takes caution whenever someone acts suspicious or mean to her. She is emotional, so she may blow up or start crying out of no where, but this is very unlikely. She might tune you out at times. This coming from a childhood experience where she was teased. She likes to charm people using her different look, and may even try to get you to do something. But other than that, Jackie is very sweet to her friends.

History: When Jackie was born, she had a very odd appearence. Her parents believe that since she was born underneath the moonlight, it changed Jackie's appearence to be what it is to this day. Jackie grew up being teased by everyone around her, and sometimes even her parents. Jackie learned to tune them out, and still does it to this day. Jackie would get into fights when Pokemon would tease her. She'd often come home with a black eye or a bloody nose. Her parents started to fight soon after that, and they started hitting each other. Jackie thought this was because of her, so she ran away from home. Jackie was kind enough to come accross an old Togekiss who took her in. Jackie would do favors for the old Togekiss, and one day, she heard a rumour that some two Umbreons started a search team and were looking for their child. Jackie then had to relocate again. She was walking in a town when she discovered a secret room that lead to a secret base. That is where she became a spy. She is now eighteen and she is a trained spy.

Moves: Moonlight, Shadow Ball, Psychic, and Double Team.
Special Move:
Moonlight Aura
Pokedex description:
Spoiler:

My description:
Spoiler:

RP Sample: Waiting for answer to question.

Oh and I have a question:
It says in the RP sample section that I need to be in an RP. Does it mean in one with you?

Back