• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
Yeah... they broke up... and they are my favorite band of all time...

But they were actually big supporters of gays, which made me love them even more. I loved Frank's (the guitarist) phrase "Homophobia is gay."

I have always thought that Gerard (the singer) is bi, even though he is married to a woman.

Last edited:
Years
Yeah... they broke up... and they are my favorite band of all time...

Mine too. Hopefully they'll all form new bands that are equally amazing.

In other news, here's a funny story I'm sure you'll all get a kick out of. Don't vaccinate your kids, guys, we wouldn't want them to catch the gay. :cheeky:

Years
I would love to get a big list of all the crazy stuff people have claimed will turn you gay. Eating chicken is the weirdest one I can remember at the moment.

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
Years
Oh, I've heard taking French classes makes you gay once. Or getting good grades and overall trying your best at school and not getting drunk with your friends at age 15 makes you gay. And not liking football. And not wanting to testosteron trip and destroy stuff with a football every PE lesson.

Years
Oh, I've heard taking French classes makes you gay once. Or getting good grades and overall trying your best at school and not getting drunk with your friends at age 15 makes you gay. And not liking football. And not wanting to testosteron trip and destroy stuff with a football every PE lesson.
You know, when I think back to French class and the people in it, this one actually seems kind of plausible. :p

No, probably it's because too many of the straight guys don't want anyone to think they're gay for taking French.

EGKangaroo

Years
My French teacher did reminisce on his experiences when he studied French at the university. He recalled being around only women, and the few men were all, as he put it, differently oriented.

Though I don't think that in my case, it could be true. I was forced to weigh my options between German and French (I HAVE to take at least 2 foreign language classes, one of them always being English) so I went with what worked best for me, which was French.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
Or getting good grades and overall trying your best at school and not getting drunk with your friends at age 15 makes you gay. And not liking football.

This must explain why I am gay :O Lol jk.

Nothing causes you to be gay. You are born that way. I remember having crushes on girls when I was in kindergarten. What excuse could they come up with to explain that?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
The correlation is likely the other way round, ie. homosexuals are statistically more inclined to XYZ.
This would be due to subtle subcultural differences, I'd think... you know, the same sort of thing that means boys and girls usually play different games.

Last edited:

FenrirDarkWolf

Water Musician Fenrir
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
Or getting good grades and overall trying your best at school and not getting drunk with your friends at age 15 makes you gay. And not liking football. And not wanting to testosteron trip and destroy stuff with a football every PE lesson.

I'm 15.
I'm bisexual.
I really don't like football, and I've never gotten drunk.

lol

I'm not sure what I said, but I'm keeping it!

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Posting in this thread will turn you queer. It's scientifically proven, yep.

And, I'm glad you guys enjoyed the video! I thought it was pretty funny.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
I'm 21 and have never tasted alcohol, don't like football, and took French throughout high school, and I'm only half gay. Maybe I have a high resistance to the gay? :P

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
I'm like 120% gay and I've never taken a French class in my life.

This just got weird.

Last edited:

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
Years
I have a legit-ish question.

After it was a decent amount of time, I decided to tell my best friend of ten years that I was dating a woman. I had come out to him before, but this is the first time I've told him I was actively dating someone. He took it very well. Honestly, he says he doesn't care, and actually asks about how things are going with her.

Anywho, this stuff lead to a discussion of sorts. Technically, as I've said here, I'm bi, with a slight preference towards women. I've dated men before, and this brought up some questions from him. He actually asked if it was like a switch in my head or something. I wacked him in the head with a pen for that question, mainly because I was too dumbstruck to even think of an answer.

He did mention something though, I asked him what if he dated a bi woman, and she got a crush on another girl, what would he think. He laughed and asked if it was serious or not, and I said whatever. The answer he gave was, "I'd be more pissed off if I didn't get to watch."

Thing is... I've heard this before. From many guys, even guys I've dated and mentioned I was bi...

Someone please explain this. I mean I get it. I'm not stupid... but why?

Oh, and hi guys and stuff. I am alive. :3

Last edited:

FenrirDarkWolf

Water Musician Fenrir
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
He did mention something though, I asked him what if he dated a bi woman, and she got a crush on another girl, what would he think. He laughed and asked if it was serious or not, nd I said whatever. The answer he gave was, "I'd be more pissed off if I didn't get to watch."

Thing is... I've heard this before. From many guys, even guys I've dated and mentioned I was bi...

Being a 15-year-old, hormonal, bisexual male teenager(though I do have a boyfriend).
I think I can help you answer this, I hope.

You know what he means, in that, yes, for many straight males, two females y'know, doing it, is very sexually appealing from thing, yes?

...Damn, I forgot everything else I was going to say...
You can ignore me if you want, I'm just a 15-year-old mated male. :3

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
He did mention something though, I asked him what if he dated a bi woman, and she got a crush on another girl, what would he think. He laughed and asked if it was serious or not, nd I said whatever. The answer he gave was, "I'd be more pissed off if I didn't get to watch."

I believe it is because if you are attracted to women, having double the amount of women is that much more arousing.

I like women and I personally think it is beautiful when two women are together or in love.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
I have a legit-ish question.

I've been dating this woman for some time. After it was a decent amount of time, I decided to tell my best friend of ten years that I was dating a woman. I had come out t o him before, but this is the first time I've told him I was actively dating someone and was very serious. He took it very well. Honestly, he says he doesn't care, and actually asks about how things are going with her.

Anywho, this stuff lead to a discussion of sorts. Technically, as I've said here, I'm bi-romantic, with a slight preference towards women. I've dated men before, and this brought up some questions from him. He actually asked if it was like a switch in my head or something. I wacked him in the head with a pen for that question, mainly because I was too dumbstruck to even think of an answer.

That's such a typical response these days and I don't get why. I do think there's a difference between finding two women in love beautiful and wanting to watch... The latter is a bit creepy to say and unacceptable. It seems like in today's society men view that as an "okay" thing to say, when it's not.

This also leads to the conversation where I've heard basically all my friends that are girls (and those that are not) that they would never date a guy who was bisexual or had previously been with guys. That kind of bugs me as well.

Last edited:

Username_9138

I've been dating this woman for some time. After it was a decent amount of time, I decided to tell my best friend of ten years that I was dating a woman. I had come out t o him before, but this is the first time I've told him I was actively dating someone and was very serious. He took it very well. Honestly, he says he doesn't care, and actually asks about how things are going with her.

Anywho, this stuff lead to a discussion of sorts. Technically, as I've said here, I'm bi-romantic, with a slight preference towards women. I've dated men before, and this brought up some questions from him. He actually asked if it was like a switch in my head or something. I wacked him in the head with a pen for that question, mainly because I was too dumbstruck to even think of an answer.

Hay gurl wuz goin awwn~ (tl;dr below ramble)

So. I think the problem stems from many many many other issues with society. One in particular is the male dominance order--not every guy is part of this though, and I personally know many some a few a coupe of guys who aren't--and I admit to being part of this, sadly (;~;). We think we need to prove to each other (and possibly prospective mates) that we are, in fact, better than each other; and it usually either happens super subtly or super blatantly. It just happens. Most of us don't even think about what we say when we are in this "competition" state. It's our basic animal instincts kicking in, and it's present in almost every single society in the animal kingdom.

Another basis for this is the huge double standard that man sexy=cool bro, while woman sexy=oh no not acceptable she's a hooker; and the inverse for finding people attractive is true; it's always cool to find women attractive, but it's never cool to find men attractive, sometimes even repulsive. It's the objectification of women deep-rooted in culture, as well as the idolizing of men that has been/is such a big part of society. For the longest time, in many cultures, women were objects and undervalued, and men were their superiors. And so it's kind of the same thing as talking about how nice a car is. Or at least is my interpretation. Let's compare, actually.

"Oh, I watched (female) so and so do x, y, and z with (female) so and so. It was so awesome~"
"Oh, my uncle let me drive his new Ferrari around the block. It was so awesome~"

Also, it could just be one's desire to express one's feelings for the beautimous act that is (fe)male-(fe)male sexual relations (drop perentheses-ed portions as needed).

tl;dr: I talk about how it's all an instinctual food chain thing/residual thing from our (earlier days of) male supremacy and female objectification. Pretty boring. I'm too smart. :p

Last edited:

EGKangaroo

Years
I think a big reason guys make fun of gays is because they're more "feminine" and being feminine is bad apparently because being big and burly gets you a mate, and being small does not in the animal world.
Speaking of gays being feminine. I do remember when I first came out to two of my friends in real life. They just stared at me with those dumbstruck faces and said "That can't be right." "He's joking." "He's not feminine enough." On one side I was discouraged by these people who were so intolerant that they wouldn't believe me to be gay because I didn't fit the exact stereotype, and on the other side I was wondering why I wasn't feminine enough, if I wasn't some big burly bloke who likes cars and things being destroyed and is all like "Yeah, masculinity! Make me a sammich and stuff!" and at the same time, I totally agree that I am not feminine either. Maybe I am one of those very few people with common sense who doesn't completely act like his gender archetype.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
I agree with Rai's answer about this. If you're attracted to females and the female body, why wouldn't it be double-the-yum with two females involved?

Makes sense to me. I would rather watch two men than a man and a woman.
It's more than double the yum, because they see that as just being super extra ****ty(wow, why is that blocked... uh *****-y? Nope... How about "loose woman-y"? lol), not as your sexuality. In my personal past experience anyway. Probably why being lesbian is seen as okay by some Christians, and in countries where being a gay male has severe criminal punishments.
For example:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_by_country_or_territory
In Sierra Leone, the penalty for being a gay male is life imprisonment, and being a gay female is completely legal. Guys make the laws, and they like watching lesbians, so it's cool with them.

Back