• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

☼ The Fortress of Flames ☼ (Fire type fanclub)

If Ho-oh and Reshiram got into a fight, who'd win?

• Ho-oh.

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Reshiram.

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • It could be either way.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years

Greetings, fellow trainers! I welcome you to...

☼ THE FORTRESS OF FLAMES ☼
The Fire Pokemon Fanclub

FoF.jpg

Introduction

Fire is another name of passion. In the Pokemon world, Fire is one of the 17 elemental types, a primarily offense-oriented type focusing on a high-risk high-return playstyle. It is fragile, like a real flame; but while it lasts, it make its presence felt and if given the opportunity, it can result in devastation. Fire can have many fascinating faces; from the charming Ninetales to the cool Arcanine; from the ever-so-cute Victini to the awe-inspiring Ho-oh. The Fortress of Flame is dedicated to these magnificent creatures.​

If you are also fascinated by Fire Pokemon, or even if you're just a little interested in them, feel free to join FoF. As a member, you would be able to...

☼ Participate in various discussions on Fire Pokemon.
☼ Create new topics of discussion.
☼ Enjoy to company of their favourite Fire Pokemon (up to 6 Pokemon allowed in a user's party).
☼ Post images to celebrate the beauty of the fire types.
☼ Score points and redeem them for prizes and special privileges..
☼ Take part in the "Question of the Week" contest and various events.

Rules & Regulations

1. All rules of PokeCommunity forums are to be followed. No exceptions.
2. No spamming, trolling, personally attacking or flaming others. Yes, despite the name, "flaming" is not allowed.
3. Any responses, topics or images you share must be related to Fire Pokemon. Try not to go off topic.
4. To Sign Up, everyone must post an application of the same format as the "Demo Application" shown below. Otherwise their application would be ignored.
5. Each user must choose 1 (and only 1) starter Pokemon when signing up. The Pokemon must have Fire as at least 1 of its types. The starter may be given a nickname (optional). More Pokemon (but Fire only) can be redeemed afterwards (refer to the "Points System" section for further information).
6. The sign up application may also include the "Reason for joining". This field, however, is optional. The "Referred by" field is also optional.
7. The answers for "Quiz of the Week" should be posted in this thread. Do not PM the answers. The first member to answer correctly would be declared the winner and the contest would be closed for the remainder of the week.

Application Example

Name- Sayan
Starter- Draco the Arcanine
Reason for joining- I find Fire Pokemon fascinating. I also really like the Fire starters from most generations.
Referred by- ... (optional)

List of Pokemon

Spoiler:

Points System

Spoiler:

Redemption Center

Spoiler:

Members and Scores

(Hover over the Pokemon icons to see their nicknames)
Sayan
59.png
(143)
Sector Revenge
38.png
(98)
Curious
637.png
(18)
D4rka8isz
609.png
(80)
Hikari10
392.png
(14)
Jayster23
6.png
(18)
Avishka
59.png
(136)
Xeberos
257.png
(16)
Joel
392.png
(66)
Cosmotone
485.png
(49)
Evanlyn
4.png
(18)
AmiEkcona
4.png
(12)
Limanya
643.png
(44)
ShinyHoundoom
229.png
(16)
Jaz
4.png
(10)
Angelomanalo
608.png
(10)
Ndm55
392.png
(52)
ShortUsername
257.png
(10)
Arcan3
156.png
(12)
Иιио
37.png
(12)
YungKnowledge
155.png
(12)
Halcyon
500.png
(14)
BZW Golem
255.png
(14)

Pokemon of the Week #12

typhlosion_by_xous54.png

Pokemon of the Week #12 Typhlosion, the wingless Charizard.

Question of the Week #12

☼ Question- Name a move learned by Latios that's always Fire type.
☼ Answer- Not correctly answered yet.
☼ Winner- ...

Current Topics of Discussion

(New topics get added to the bottom. Most recent ones are marked with '*')

☼ Which is the strongest Fire type Pokemon?
☼ Which Fire type starter is the best?
☼ Which Fire type legendary is the best?
☼ Which is your favourite Fire type move?
☼ Who the best Fire type Gym Leader?
☼ Which Fire type has the best shiny sprite?
☼ Do you think Fire types can successfully be used defensively?
☼ Which Fire Pokemon are overrated or underrated?
☼ If the Fire types Ho-oh and Reshiram got into a fight, who'd win?
☼ Which Fire Pokemon would make the best real-world pet?
☼ Is Rotom-Heat better as Electric/Fire or was it better as Electric/Ghost?
☼ Dragon are often associated with Fire, but there's only 1 Fire/Dragon Pokemon. Should there be more?
☼ *Which is better, Heatran or Volcarona?
☼ *Do you agree that Fire starters are the best?
☼ *How would you use your Fire Pokemon to pull a prank on someone?
☼ *If one of Fire's 3 weaknesses were to be eliminated, which one should it be- Water, Ground or Rock?
☼ *Water starts boiling in much, much less heat than Steel, Steel doesn't even melt if the temperature isn't really high. Then why is Fire super effective against Steel, but not very effective against Water?
☼ *Which Fire type has the best design?
☼ *Which is the best Fire/Fighting starter- Blaziken, Infernape or Emboar?

Ongoing Events

None.

Userbars

1329091764.gif
...by Sayan.
(This userbar uses CSS. To add it to your signature you must add the following code instead.)
Code:
[PLAIN][url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=273333][cd="background-image: url('http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o626/Sayan_Das/1329095310.png'); height: 69px; width: 350px;"][img]http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o626/Sayan_Das/1329091764.gif[/img][/cd][/url][/PLAIN]

1329001074.jpg

...by Sayan and Joel

More to come...

Last edited:

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Name- Sector Revenge
Starter- Foxy the
038.png

Reason for joining- Fire types have been one of my favorite types since the start. I have always chosen Fire starters in every generation thus far!

FIRST MEMBER!! YAY! Been waiting for this club to arrive :)

Also, I hope you plan on creating a list of Fire Pokemon on here soon! Let me know if you need any help or advice for that.

Last edited:

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
Name- Sector Revenge
Starter- Foxy the
038.png

Reason for joining- Fire types have been one of my favorite types since the start. I have always chosen Fire starters in every generation thus far!

FIRST MEMEBER!! YAY!

Ok, you're approved. But it would've been better if you had also discussed some of the topics.

I used to choose the Fire starters in the earlier Pokemon games. But lately I choose the Water starters. That doesn't mean I don't like the Fire ones though! But "teh pig" just doesn't do it for me.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Ok, you're approved. But it would've been better if you had also discussed some of the topics.

I used to choose the Fire starters in the earlier Pokemon games. But lately I choose the Water starters. That doesn't mean I don't like the Fire ones though! But "teh pig" just doesn't do it for me.

Usually get to those after I get approved :) You want all these answered already? Dang that's a lot for starting out haha

Topic Discussions:
☼According to you, which is the strongest Fire type Pokemon?
The strongest Fire type Pokemon is actually Reshiram in my opinion. Ho-Oh with its Sacred Fire is just insane, but the 4x Weakness to Rock is what hurts it. So Reshiram wins. But other than the great Legends, I'd have to go with Arcanine, very bulky AND is dangerous in offensive.

☼Which Fire type starter do you like the most?
Charizard vs Blaziken. Charizard because he was just the coolest after the first two generation. Blaziken is just badass when introducing the Hoenn region. Of course, Charizard, just like Ho-Oh has that 4x Weakness. I prefer the looks, the tactics and the ability of Blaziken over Infernape anyday, and I absolutely do not like Emboar.

Plus, Blaziken's Speed Boost makes it an Uber Pokemon, just dangerous!

☼Which Fire type legendary do you like the most?
Reshiram. Love her look. She'd be part of my storyline Pokemon I've been writing down about. Excellent Pokemon.

☼Which is your favourite Fire type move?
I'd have to go with Blue Flare. Very beautiful.

?Who is your favourite Fire type Gym Leader?
Blaine! How could you not like him? In the anime, it was very fun watching Charizard vs Magmar battle after Charizard took that nap LOL

☼According to you, which Fire type has the best shiny sprite?
Ninetales!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She's a beauty!
038.png

☼Do you think Fire types can be successfully used defensively? If yes, how?
No not really. They will have to go all out to win. Moves such as, Rock Slide & Earthquake, can easily hurt/injure the Fire Pokemon. That's the only bad part of owning a Fire Pokemon.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Name- Curious.
Starter- Valorie the Volcarona.
Reason for joining- Fire types are not only vicious and powerful, they can be extremely desteructive yet do so in an elegant and beautiful manner. They do have their weaknesses, but they are still powerhouses nonetheless.
Referred by- Nobody.

According to you, which is the strongest Firte type pokemon?
Like many people believe, there is no one sole pokemon that the strongest. This applies t legendaries also and fire types as a type. I don't find any to be as powerful as others, disregarding their gaming stats and abilities, I find all of them still do the job in the end, but just execute such a task qicker than others.

Definitely Volcarona or Blaziken both a beautiful pokemon, so destructive yet elegant.

Ho-oh, reason being it was the mascot of my first even Pokemon game: Pokemon Gold on GBC.

The typical Flamethrower, cliche'd yes; but very effective.

Who is your favourite Fire type Gym Leader?
Blaine stood out for me, because he is more of a logical person rather than a practical person, unlike Flannery and Chilli. The only thing thats irks me about him is his appearance, that bold head. ;__;

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
Years
Username: d4rka8isz
Starter: Chandelure
Reason for Joining: The first starter I choose in every generation is fire type... It's an amazing type!

The fully-evolved starters because they're always the strongest for me.

Definitely Torchic.

Moltres because the rainbow turkey and redundant fire dragon don't appeal to me as much.

Blaze Kick for sure. It's just because Blaziken learns it.

☼Who is your favourite Fire type Gym Leader?
I would say Flint, but he's an E4 so Flannery is second.

Spr_5b_500_s.png
Spr_5b_607_s.png

They could if you're smart (I'm not). If you couldn't, what would Magcargo and Torkoal be for? Cannon fodder?

As for the question:
Spoiler:

BTW: Nice intro

Years
Name- Hikari10
Starter- Blair the Infernape
Reason for joining- Fire-types are so helpful and strong to have on your team cos there are so many opponents with Fire weaknesses.

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
Welcome to the club Curious, D4rk8aisz and Hikari10. Thanks for joining the FoF. I'm really overwhelmed by the response I've got till now.

Last edited:

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Welcome to the club everyone!!

Question to Curious.

Volcarona is a starter Pokemon? How? What game?

Last edited:

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
Members please note that I've organised a mini-contest of sorts (^^'). It's your chance to make a quick 100 points.

Refer to the OP for more info.

Years
Name- Jayster23
Starter- Podge the Charizard
Reason for joining- Fire pokemon are my favourite type of Pokemon, They give off a powerful vibe and are usually all round strong. It's a shame there isn't that many. Exclude all legendaries and there is only a handful.

The question:
Spoiler:

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
Name- Jayster23
Starter- Podge the Charizard
Reason for joining- Fire pokemon are my favourite type of Pokemon, They give off a powerful vibe and are usually all round strong. It's a shame there isn't that many. Exclude all legendaries and there is only a handful.

The question:
Spoiler:

Welcome to the club, Jayster. Your answer is right, it's Emboar.

Years
Like a Boss!

Thought i may put my opinion across on the topic discussions:

To me it would be Charizard or Blaziken, Charizard has good speed and great Special attack and Blaziken has good speed and regular attack. Both are Powerhouses of their respective generations and when trained properly can be absolutely killer.

The Charmander line because Charmander was the first Pokemon i ever chose and Charizard is an epic beast

All the fire legends didn't really appear to me, but my favourite would have to be Entei or Moltres because the first generation roamers were original how one gen was Birds and the next was land roamers

I'd have to say Eruption is my favourite, In Pokemon Ruby it used to my form of training for the league and what not on Groudon. Groudon would have made a much better fire type. Just saying :P

☼Who is your favourite Fire type Gym Leader?
I'd have to say Blaine because he has a backstory and seems more experienced. Although as stated before, his look is gross. -.-

This would be the best shiny sprite
6.png

I wouldn't really know because i'm not the defensive trainer, the quicker the opponent faints, the better.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Name- Avishka
Starter- Arcanine
Reason for joining- It is my favorite type and i always choose fire starters and fire type pokemon have powerful moves

The fully-evolved starters because they're always the strongest for me.
chimchar and charmander
Reshiram and Moltres

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
@d4rka8isz- I'm really sorry for what had happened. You really are the 1st to answer the quiz. Your and Jayster's points have been adjusted accordingly.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Good list :)

Although it wouldn't hurt to find the right Rotom sprite

479-heat.png

Merry Christmas ;)

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
@Avishka- Thanks for joining the group. I hope you have a lot of fun here :)!

@Oops, that's what I get for using the National dex ID replacement technique to find sprites (you know what I mean)... Wait I'll fix it.

Last edited:

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
@Oops, that's what I get for using the National dex ID replacement technique to find sprites (you know what I mean)... Wait I'll fix it.
Other than that, everything looks great now :)

I especially love the flaming background you put up, and the introduction picture is just brilliant. Great work!

Hint, Hint; you should answer your own questions too ;P

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
Yeah I'm gonna do that, but actually, but right now I'm really fatigued. Well, I guess I can spare 1 answer...

Favourite Fire Starter- Blaziken. Speed Boost Blaziken's really strong and really fast at the same time (although now that it's uber, it's kinda overshadowed). In Gen3, it was the only Fire starter with some good, strong STAB moves running off its secondary type (Charizard didn't have any strong Flying moves). It was also the 1st Fire Pokemon not weak to Rock.

Lastly, (I must say this) it's a blazin kicking chicken! 'nuff said!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back