• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Rival name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy

just a guy
Years
When's the last time we were able to name our rivals anyway? It feels like I haven't done that in such a long time.

Oh wait, HeartGold and SoulSilver. Then again, I've always felt like that rival's name has always been Silver, whether I chose it or not.

That being said, I'll jump on the bandwagon that says they'll name him whatever his default name will be. When it comes to naming this rival, my mind comes up blank. Hopefully GameFreak has a good default name for the guy, if not then I'm sure I'll think of something by then!

Years
It actually depends on when I get the games.

Last couple of games I have named my rival, it has ranged from my best mate, to forum friends, to random stuff. I don't actually have a 'trend' in the naming conventions.

So I don't actually know what I will name the rival.​

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Whenever I have the opportunity, I always name my rival '???', mainly due to GSC nostalgia, but also because it makes reading text-scenes involving the rival that teensy bit more amusing. Can't see no reason to give up now for B/W2.

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
His name will be Akito, after a character in a story I'm writing.

On a different note, I wish that there could be a nameable female rival. TBH, when I first saw Silver in SS I thought he was the female team rocket leader...

Woah, off topic!

Zapperz

colour swapper!
Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
ill always use its default name. mainly because im not good at naming things

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
I will probably use a default name, I can't really decide on a good name for this guy.

Years
Hmmm... putting aside the options that you hear kids saying over the Internet...
A. Default/Official name. Well, it's there for a reason right?
B. B.o.B. Mainly because I listen to his music while I play my games (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5OT7aoboXw during the champion battle...:bandit:)
C. Stalker... er, well doesn't it seem odd that you always manage to find each other in the forest or wilderness... late at night... well that's how it was for me in Pearl and it scared me. Random rival music on Route 203... just waiting for me to come out of the city...
Anyways D. For Adadasbada (ah-da-das-ba-da- now say it really fast). It's called creativity and originality, people. Or a messed up mind.

Incepticon

The Fakemon Spriter
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 28, 2012
I would name him either Sam or Lloyd. It depends on what I am feeling at the moment.

YungKnowledge

Kigo & Jori Shipper
Years
if its my first time playing the game I will name him something off the menu they give you.
If is a re-play I name it something dumb. Like in my soul silver game I name my Rival Lil'B after Lil B the BasedGod.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
i always use a default name when i m playing the game for the first time and in the second time i will name it after one of my friend's name

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
Since I preordered jap w2, I know my rival's name will be some random Katakana signs chosen like: "oh, this has funny shape *taken*,oh and this one as well!" :)

In my english game, I'll prolly pick name of someone I don't like as I always do :)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
How about Aaron, after my ex, so I can enjoy beating the crap out of him. :)
This made me lol.

I'll name mine Rasmus since I always have done with my rival. The name stems from a crush gone wrong in the past, so yeah, similar reasons to Dreamcatcher there tbh. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back