• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
Only comment I can add, which really doesn't mean much in comparison, Directors said there was no pattern for release. It was a coincidence on how they come out. So there is no sequence to follow.
I noticed that you said this "no pattern" thing quite a lot of times. Although I largely agree that there might not be a specific pattern in the pokemon series, I must remind you that these directors might lie about what they say.

They might tell the general press that "we have no pattern in mind", but in reality they might have already planned for a pattern of games 5 years ahead. By saying this, they expect the crowd to believe so that they won't expect too much.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
There is very little reason that have to lie about something like this. They've had interviews speaking about when they started projects which are always at the end of the last one they finished. We cannot prove that they didn't plan to have the games release the way they did, nor can we prove that they did plan it that way either.

One interview said they were done with Black and White. It got misinterpreted by the fans so when Junichi Masuda received the comment, it made it sound like Gen 5 was over with B/W which he said it wasn't over, but he couldn't go into detail. When that happened everyone clamored over Grey, which we know now wasn't the game they were working on, and that the original statement that "Black and White's Installment was over" was in fact true.

Unlike with that incident they flat out said, there was no pattern prior to the release of the titles. Which is true no matter how you look at it. Time wise none really match up to the patterns we gave as excuses to push our ideas/theories forward. So far only one possible pattern remains but if the remakes appear in Gen 5 on the DS then that pattern was ruined as well.

If it comes out on the 3DS before or after Gen 6, then there is a possible unplanned pattern still in the run, but release wise, what they work on, and all things pertaining to the next game aren't worked on or thought up until they finish or are at the final stages of their current projects from what I've been able to see based in interviews and reports.

There is no definite hint on what comes next, but like with the possibility of Grey, we just have to wait and see. Gamefreak publicly debunked our theories on release patterns. Really that would be more insulting if they had lied. Then again, maybe they didn't plan any of the releases out and move based on what they wanted to do or thought was more important for them to produce. If the latter is true, then all the fans saying they want something actually means something.

There is very little reasoning as to why they should lie, especially since that specific sentence could have been another I know what I can say, but legally I can't say it so I'll leave this with another political open statement that doesn't answer your question like I typically have to do to cover my own job security. That was one of the rare flat out remarks that actually answered what we asked. There is some credit to it.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
Well at 3.55 when this guy is asked about R/S remakes, he pretty much just says to look back at the past history of the games to see what's going to come next so this guy seems to be alluding that there really is a pattern. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8o-2JefD28 He would know more than we do, considering hes actually involved with the games - but we can't be sure they won't just break the pattern going forward like they already seemed to do with B2W2, so anything could still be next.

Anyway I was making a list earlier of hints in B2W2 and thought Id just post it... most, if not all of them are known but I thought it would be nice to just have a proper list:
- PWT there is Red/Green/Blue EVERYWHERE.
- Guy with glasses in PWT mentions "Wallace is the champion of Hoenn. He was originally a Gym Leader. I wonder why he replaced Steven."
- Ex Magma/Aqua members in Iccirus, they are in the same room as the sound designer which I guess you could say gives the room importance - not to mention the fact that it has rare access, only available through Winter.. so it seems like a pretty important house since its isolated on its own.
- Guy in Desert Resort mentions the fact that the Go Goggles & the fact that the Mirage Tower in Hoenn has disappeared completely, alluding to it having sunk into the ground.
- Water Cave/Lava Cave (Reversal Mountain)
- Shoal Salt/Shoal Shell's being available first time since Emerald in BW
- Dive balls being available but there are no Pokemon to catch underwater in BW/B2W2.
- If you talk to Norman after the PWT, he mentions his son (the playable character in R/S/E).
- The flutes introduced in Gen 3 on Route 113 are available in Route 13.
- Driftveil as a whole can be considered a hint with emeralds all over the place.
- Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza being released as merch on Dreamworld this month - it seems very random to have just released them like that considering the only other ones released were the B/W legendaries back around the time of B/W. They didnt even give a reason for them being released, they just did it.

I'm not saying these are actual hints, as some of them are probably coincidences like the flutes on Route 13/113 but others definitely seem like hints to me.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Red/Green/Blue are also the Original three colors for the games. Most important things get those colors. Red/Green/Blue have multiple meanings in the Pokemon Universe.

Diveballs were available in D/P/Pt and in HG/SS. Since FR/LG and Gen 4 their ability was changed to have the same catch Rate as in R/S/E, but while fishing or Surfing. Those Pokemon live underwater.

Black and White Flutes were in Platinum.
All the flutes were available in HG/SS.

All the flutes lost their effects in Gen 5 while they kept them in Gen 4.

Dreamworld Dolls, they released a Pikachu for Korea with Zekrom/Reshiram Doll for no reason. Manaphi was released August 17 to September 25 as a special promo.

Magma/Aqua are in the house that was owned by Rocket guy. It was considered an Easter Egg earlier in this thread. Really, since they replaced Rocket Grunt, its seems more an Easter Egg since he was an Easter Egg. If not, then where'd the Rocket Grunt go? Is his disappearance the sign of Team Rocket coming back?

Norman....I don't see why he wouldn't mention his son...though that could be an issue with the female players who played May who would then be Norman's Daughter. May was also Norman's Daughter in the Anime, doesn't mean much, but two genders, you'd think they'd have kept the genders more ambiguous if it were a hint.

Wallace and Steven kinda conflict with another. Steven is Champion in HG/SS while Wallace is Champion in B2W2. I know they brought Giovanni just to make up for Blue being considered a Champion so they can fill the Champion's bracket with 8 people, same with Wallace/Steven, but that's still a major confliction since Emerald and Ruby/Sapphire are the same story told at the same time, yet we have two Canon excerpts that say two different things.

This can be read way too many ways to get one answer from. 1 Way to read it, Emerald is Canon, so events of HG/SS are not Canon to the universe as Steven was replaced by Wallace before the events of HG/SS since there are points that match R/S/E to G/R/B.

Another way to read it, Giovanni is still a Gym Leader so we'll get Kanto Remakes as well as Gen 3 remakes, either as a One Kanto and One Hoenn, or as something else.

Another way, a fan speculation, the rematch clause, though Juan wouldn't be considered a Rematch in any way as you never battle him when you earn your badge. So Juan would be a new battle while Wallace's Rematch would be with him as new Champion. Could cause a bit of an issue with story, but nothing major. I mean that's the easiest thing to BS.

There are a lot of conflicting hints now with past info with character appearances.

As for Shoal items. They aren't available in B2W2. So they are added as sellable items in B/W and removed in the same generation.

Because of conflictions, these are all pretty much just Easter Eggs which aren't really more than fun little quips the severely OCD fans (like myself) torture themselves over trying to find every last one. They don't serve much purpose other than just being there for the hell of it for our enjoyment.

This would be a to each their own sorta thing. Me, they are Easter Eggs. Dream World is also something existing on its own. Its kinda like saying the screen for the Pokewalker was Black and White, that's a hint for Generation 5. It really doesn't have much to do with anything other than to give the kiddies something to play with along with the games. Again, everyone saw that Conquest was a Gen 3 remake hint and it has nothing to do with the current set of games.

As for some sorta hint, a friend told me there was one in the medal achievements but I forgot what it was.

As for the interview posted, that guy works for Nintendo International. They get their information way after Nintendo does. Gamefreak are the ones that make the games, Nintendo publishes them so order in which they are made would be Gamefreaks decision. Next game to be worked on would be Gamefreaks' decision. Nintendo can only say what system they can come out for if they want to push a certain system.

The guy's job was also localization and management. Basically he just takes what they give him, gives them the English names and is a face to greet the fans and take questions down. He doesn't actually work with the creation of the games.

Part right before he says "look to the past", He says "I'm just trying to get the current ones out the door, that's what I'm focused on. Honestly I don't even know what they'll have ready for me when I go back into the office." He doesn't really know what he's saying pretty much. He's giving the basic run around the question while answering what he knows. Past history is sporadic and no specific history. The History was also broken completely with not only Pokemon Black/White and now Pokemon Black 2/White 2

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I don't think there's a real pattern...and actually never really trusted the pre BW era one. The remakes for all we know can be announced next month...I know too quick...it'll be best if they want to finish this gen to just skip over remakes and make them as good as can be than to make not as great versions that will come out early.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
Like I said, most of them could have just been seen as coincidences (or easter eggs, like you said) but I feel that there are a few which really are hints such as:
- Water Cave/Lava Cave (Reversal Mountain) and Driftveil with emeralds all over the place.

There were many hints for HG/SS remakes like these that people would just discard as easter eggs or coincidences and try to prove them wrong however they could, but a lot were really were hints and most realized that after HG/SS was announced. I also think the dreamworld dolls are really random to release for no reason - they usually only do them in promotions for things such as Reshiram/Zekrom being released as dolls when B/W were released and the DW was opened. They are always part of promotions such as a push of merch (eg. Im sure Eevee dolls will come up to the dream world soon now that they are getting yet another merchandise push). So, it just seemed random to put the Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza dolls onto the dream world in promotion for nothing - unless they intended to promote it for R/S's 10th anniversary but they didn't even mention anything about that when adding them (and RS's anniversary is still a few weeks away anyway and they've already been added).

Bolanboy

ǝpısdn uʍop
Years
Why there will be the 3rd gen remakes.
* Fans have come to expect it.
* It can give them a year or two more to work on a new generation.
* money

I think everyone would be more surprised if they're /not/ made, there's only two questions that can be attributed to it; whether they're for the DS or 3DS, and whether they're before or after a new generation.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
It's kind of become tradition to let the newer generation of players experience the older storylines and get familiar with every generation as they were once presented. I think it's a given that there will be remakes, even though I'm quite over the idea. I still remember feel like Hoenn is new! Haha, even though it was my favorite region, it doesn't feel as classic as Johto and Kanto. Maybe it's just me, but I don't get excited thinking about post-Johto remakes.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
Actually every generation has a new pattern:
GEN I: They made two games(R/G) then a 3rd version (B jp) then a special version (Y)
GEN II: They made two games (G/S) then a 3rd version (C), (No special version)
GEN III: They made two games (R/S) then remakes (FR/LG), Then 3rd version (E) ( broke the pattern by Making remakes)
GEN IV: They made two games (D/P) then 3rd version (Pt) Then remakes (HG/SS) ( 3rd version before the remakes)
GEN V: They made two games (B/W) then sequels (B2W2) ( broke the pattern by making sequels)

I'd prefer making Emerald remake instead of two games and all these version exclusive stuff,
so it would be like an ultimate remake.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
The only thing that we can be sure about is
-new games come in pairs
-something extra later in same gen

anything else is pure speculation.

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
There's one thing I just don't get it: why are many people saying that RSE looks new and fine as it is? To me it looks okay, but definitely inferior compared to the present games and remakes. It looks very underwhelming.

jupiter1

[]
Years
slayerz96 said:
There's one thing I just don't get it: why are many people saying that RSE looks new and fine as it is? To me it looks okay, but definitely inferior compared to the present games and remakes. It looks very underwhelming.

That's probably because of the classic scenario of status quo vs. change where some people want to leave RSE alone because either it seems fine to them as they were before or they were good so remaking them might possibly tarnish their memory of it. Where you have in some places as you said 'RSE looks new and fine as it is", you're bound to have some other places where they all think as you think that RSE is 'definitely inferior compared to the present games and remakes'. For example most of the people around me say that RSE really is bad compared to the games now.
But my personal opinion agrees with you- RSE is okay, but it gets really compared to the current games.

Last edited:

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Well whatever is next, DP&co will likely look just as outdated.
And besides, if RSE need remakes because they look outdated, so do FRLG.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I never really cared for remakes,but after they remade RBGGSC,I have really wanted a Hoenn remake because it is by far my favorite gen. If we do get remakes,they will be in pairs,but they will probably have the same storyline as Emerald. Like in HGSS they had the storyline of GS and C and actually exspanded the C storyline.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Kanto doesn't need a remake...it's been in every gen since the first (obviously) minus the current one (for now at least). It's time for Hoenn like Johto before it to get a shot at the spot light.
Though since this gen seems to be a return to the old I'm thinking it'll end with only Unova like how gen 1 had only Kanto based games unlike the following generations. B2W2 were like BW's GS so perhaps remakes will return along with what is the Hoenn to BW (a Region far to the south, Florida maybe?).

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Of course Kanto doesn't need a remake XD

NEWSFLASH: Groudon and Kyogre events will be handed out in Japan in a week becuase of 10 year anniversary of RS.

In my eyes, further confirmation that there ain't gonna be any remakes. ;)

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
Of course Kanto doesn't need a remake XD

NEWSFLASH: Groudon and Kyogre events will be handed out in Japan in a week becuase of 10 year anniversary of RS.

In my eyes, further confirmation that there ain't gonna be any remakes. ;)

. Yup, my hope for a remake is officially gone.

I wouldn't be surprised if this were distributed in the US as well.
In such a case, bye remakes.

Unless GF's telling me that Gen 5 pokemon cannot be transferred to Gen 6, which is absolutely impossible.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
Um, did you expect them NOT to release Groudon/Kyogre on their 10th anniversary? It's an event, thats like saying that because Lugia/Ho-Oh were available in Emerald via an event that there would be no HG/SS since people could just transfer them from the GBA game to their DS. Its the same case here, except DS to 3DS instead of GBA to DS. This is really just a download that not everyone will have access to, only at Poke Centres - not even an in game event.

It could also just mean that we wont get remakes for quite a few more years so they are trying to give them out, it doesn't mean no remakes ever - its the 10th RS anniversary, of course they'll give the mascots away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back